Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• telmaxtelmax Member Posts: 5
    what were the terms of your deal?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    The answer is a couple of post above you....

2010 Mazda3s sport with an automatic transmission 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 62%

2010 Mazda3 s GT with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 60%

Sport has a residual of 62% for 15k. GT has residual of 60% with only 12k. The residuals vary by trim level and they have a super high residual in place for the sport so they can advertise a super lease deal.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    the advertised deals, summer drive off are for 42 months. they are different than what you are referring too .. thus the questions we have been asking
    So what if the term is 42 months, the logic is the same. Residuals are different based on trim level, all car manufacturers that I know of follow this policy. The cheapest, lowest featured, sometimes not even readily available (Infiniti G37 non-Journey for example) will usually have the highest residual. As you thrown on the features the residuals drop. Sometime the manufacturer will raise the residual for a certain trim level due to stock most likely.

But as already posted the residuals are lower for a GT versus a Sport for 36 months, so they are not going to magically equalize if the term is 42 months.

As already stated leasing a car with a 36/36 warranty for 42 months is not a good idea. Don't out-lease a warranty.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    yes the logic is the same however the deal is not

mazda has a summer drive off lease program right now, 42 months and they make 1st payment. Is mazda providing support to get these attractive rates? what are the money factor and residual on this program?

no one has answered the question?
    Of course Mazda is providing support. You don't think a 62% residual for 36/15 is lease support? Those are unheard or residuals for even a low depreciation manufacturer like Honda. Take a look at Mazda6 residuals. Last month I got a quote on a s GT and the residual was a lousy 46% for 36/12.

Logic is logic. The residual on the 42 month sport is going to be higher then any other trim level.

FYI if you were to lease a sport at invoice for 36/12 the payment would be about $210 before tax as long as you paid first months payment, tags and doc fee at drive off. Remember advertised specials do not include doc fee and tags so you have to pay that upfront or roll it into the lease. The special $229 payment also does not include sales tax. You are much better off leasing for 36 months then 42.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • liiveriliiveri Member Posts: 4
    36mo/36k
    has anyone done the lease deal recently, i am getting sale price's approximately 1000 below msrp. but then they all seem to add in fee's which make the net cap cost slightly above msrp. any advice experience would be appreciated.
  • mq921mq921 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased the Mazda 3 2010 i-Touring for 240 a month with no money down (just paying for plates) @ 10000 miles a year for 36 months. This is my first car and I wanted to know, for piece of mind, if I negotiated a good deal or not. The MSRP was 19070 and I think the residual was around 11000 and cap cost around 18000. Any information from someone experienced would be appreciated, thank you.
  • raghavrraghavr Member Posts: 2
    Do we have to replace a tire on the car with the exact same brand when returning the leased car?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    All four tires have to match...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tstraubtstraub Member Posts: 25
    Just leased the above for a cap cost of $17,729 ($500 under invoice) plus $595 acquisiton fee. $238 drive off for title, tags and doc fee, monthly payment is $237 including 9.8% sales tax, 10k miles/year. Base s Sport, no options. This was in Olympia, WA.
  • minn55441minn55441 Member Posts: 7
    Hey kyfdx,

Can you provide me with some residual and money factor numbers for September?

I'm looking at a Mazda3 5door Grand touring with 10K or 12K for 36 or 42 months and I'm wondering if the residuals and money factor are the same for what they are currently offering the sign and drive event they have for the Mazda3 5door sport? the current advertised lease special is for a Sport with Automatic with an MSRP of 21,090. $ 279, no out of pockets and no first month payment. the only amount due is tax, title and extras. Just wondering if I went up to a Grand Touring if I could expect the same money factor and residuals. I could live with the same 10K for 42 months. The increase in MSRP is only to 23,550.

thanks for your help.
  • davidmbrucedavidmbruce Member Posts: 9
    Now, Im not the leasing expert here(I did get the correct residuals/money factor in htis forum when i leased my Itouring last month) Unless mazda has changed it, the residual on the itouring was 58%, with a money factor of .00160. I think the way it works is the residual drops 2% for every "trim level" i.e... GT would be 56%. Thses numbers are handy when "going into" the dealership for the dreaded negotiation. I put the numbers into a leasing program at leaseguide.com . My advantage was that it listed the monthly payment, and then added the tax for each month, for the total payment of the lease. Im very satisfied with the lease I received. An Itouring with the Homelink Package(garage door opener, compass, e.t.c..) for $275 month 12000 miles, 42 mo. This included the sales tax(FL 6.5) and their $599 "administrative fee"(profit for the dealership) Keep in mind the acqusition fee and first months payment is PAID for by MAZDA!! That should appear in your leasing contract, not added to the "bottom line".
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey minn55441. I'm not kyfdx, but I can help you out. I believe that Mazda's August lease program is scheduled to run through the end of today, September 8th. Its new September program should be out some time tomorrow. Please feel free to check back with me in a day or two and I'll gladly give you an update on what the new program is like.

For now I can tell you that Mazda's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3 5 Door Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00165 and 57%. If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I just dont see the logic in a 3% difference between an 36 and 39 month lease. Those residuals were not what I encountered while leasing my itouring. I was privy to the dealerships internal leasing workbook, and verified the residuals. perhaps different states have different residuals? Im wondering where the host is getting his info; it doesnt match mine. thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    but, in your post above carman's, were you talking about the 4-door or 5-door? Since you didn't indicate, I assume 4-door. Carman's numbers apply to the 5-door. So that may be the difference as I believe the 5-door carries slightly higher residuals.

You also didn't state how many miles your numbers apply to.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I apologize, I clearly did not read the entire post on the 5door. My particular lease was for a 4 door Itouring, 42 mo. at 12K per year.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    no problem. we are all guilty of reading too fast at times. :)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• idgnjidgnj Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man. Do you already have the September lease program? I'm looking for a 36 mo. / 12K or 10K miles / lease on a 2010 Mazada3 i-Touring in NJ.

Thx,
    idgnj
  • das1978das1978 Member Posts: 1
    BUMP.
    I do have the September program, idgnj. Mazda's Sept. buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 i Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00196 and a very solid 60%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • newgsnewgs Member Posts: 29
    Car_man or Kyfdx

Lease numbers for 36 months/12,000 miles in October, please, for 2010 Mazda3 s Sport or Grand Touring? If I end up leasing in November, will the rates be the same?

Will the rates for above be the same for a MazdaSpeed3>

Thanks much...
    Hello newgs. Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00196 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for the '10 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Sedan are .00196 and 56%.

This lease program is only scheduled to run through November 2nd, so there's no way to know whether this car's lease program will be the same next month or not.

I don't believe that Mazda is providing any lease support on the MazdaSpeed3 right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • newgsnewgs Member Posts: 29
    Car_man,

Awesome. Thanks for the great information.

newgs
  • njneedshelpnjneedshelp Member Posts: 2
    For November 2009, I am trying to lease the mazda3 touring automatic for 255 mo for 42 months zero out of pocket, including tax and tags.but can only get the dealer to 267 all in.12k mo. Just 2 months ago, I was offered the 260 all in, but decided to wait.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • njneedshelpnjneedshelp Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man.Have November residual and money factor for 2010 Mazda3 touring ?
    New Jersey.
  • reignreign Member Posts: 20
    I saw Mazda's ad for a 42mo lease on a 2010 M3 hatchback automatic for $279/mo (I think miles were at 42k). Has anyone leased this vehicle per the advertisement ad? If so, were there any options like the moonroof/bose pkg, and were you able to get pricing cheaper than ad or more expensive w/ those options?
    What beacon score would one need in order to get the best financing rate? I just don't want to have a specific dealership running my credit report at this time.

The ad stated that TTL was extra and not included in this monthly price. Has anyone been able to include the TTL into that price? I live in the Dallas area.

Thanks for any help.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Hey Car Man...do you have the november numbers for the Mazda 3 (4 door and 5 door all trim levels)? Again, looking for 12k mi./year. Thanks.
    You're very welcome, newgs :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi njneedshelp. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 57%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sprinkler13. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport 4 Door with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 62%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a 5 Door would be the same, but the residual value would be 61%.

Car_man
    Host
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Car_man-

When you mention the money factor, you say "buy rate". I'm not sure if you know, but, Chase does not allow the mark up of the money factor. So, there is only one money factor to be had for each term. Just a little FYI ;)
    Car_Man,
    Do you have the money factor and residuals on a 2010 Mazda3 sport 5 door auto w/ bose/moonroof pkg, 42mo lease w/ 10Kmi/yr?

I will actually try rolling the TTL into price of this car. Along w/ above info would you happen to have a ballpark figure on what my monthly payments will be?

Thanks!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to speak new owners of the 2010 Mazda 3 . Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, December 9, 2009.
  • chiccos23chiccos23 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,
    What are the current residual and mf for a MS3.......5-door, 36 months, 15000 miles.....zip code 91706.....thanks in advance
  • jwangsdcjwangsdc Member Posts: 11
    As I understand it, there is no i touring for the 5 door. I was told by two dealers independently that the Grand Touring 5 door residual is 57% for 12,000 miles. Is this correct? That 4% discrepency is very large...

(this is for december)
  • orozcocitroenorozcocitroen Member Posts: 1
    hi... what is the money factor and residual for a mazda3 i touring automatic with moon roof?

is the residual based on msrp or on what one negotiates as value?
    is the money factor changeable based upon credit scores?

i was offered 1500down 239/mo 42months with 12k/yr miles
    i was told car's value was '20,000' and residual was 51% of that...he said 10k, but i spose it would be a bit more.

thanks...havent leased before...i AM reading about it but it's conFUSING...
    and...newbie here so apologies if this done all wrong...
    I leased a M3 5 door S automatic model (no moonroof, but base automatic model)for 42mo 10K/mi year with a residual of 57% (I think), with a money factor of .00170. Although the dealer said he would have the price at invoice ($19,810), they had written on the lease agreement a price of $19,950, and they also wrote the acquisition fee at $745 even though the advertisement from Mazda showed this lease with a acq fee of $595 included. So, they basically ripped me off (I know I should have looked before I signed), but as long as I got my payments where I wanted them at, I'm satisfied.

I actually did say something regarding the acq fee to them, but I received some lame excuse of "Oh, since you have a $0 security fee, the acq fee is $745..." even though Mazda's ad stated there was NO security deposit AND acq. fee is $595 (included in mo payment). I doubt I will go to this dealership again because of their dishonesty (Mazda dealership in Hurst, TX)

I did not receive any MF or residual values from a posting I did on this site, so I guess the host ignored my questions. I hope you have better luck in someone responding to you.
    Good luck.
    has anyone heard of a NY assessment fee of $285 for a new car? It's listed on the invoice but I think it's made up.
    I haven't. But, might be some sort of tax only in NY. Ask the dealer.
  • cptpicardcptpicard Member Posts: 4
    If the charge is listed on the invoice itself, it is most likely not made up. You should find out what that charge is exactly though, some dealers get advertising as a separate charge or flooring.
    I just signed a lease for a 2010 sedan Mazda3 s sport.

Mazda pays for the first payment which is kinda nice. Total for me was $285/month with just taxes out of pocket. I got a 36 month 3 years lease 12000 miles on a AT w/ nav S sport sedan.

They told me $250 below invoice was what they could sell for, but the acq fee was $695 (I think they made $100 on that), and the registration was liek $250 or somethign I also thought was probably absurd. I think without any BS I got the car for around invoice. I just didn't want to negotiate anymore and the dealer was really close to where I live, all in all very happy with my price, not so happy with the dishonesty though but that's the business.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Car Man - do you have December's numbers for a 10k 5 door auto? The salesperson my wife spoke to kept repeating the silly website $ amount but seemed perplexed by residuals and money factors.
    I recently leased a mazda3, but my problem is that my quoted lease price is

$285.87/month with $1177 down @ 8.375% tax.

I cut them a check that day. I picked up the car and he told me I owed $1177 and I told him I already gave him a check so that's fine. but the lease agreement now reads that I owe $1747 (minus the $285 payment that mazda puts up). Also the agreed upon price of the vehicle is about $400 more than we discussed. Sadly I did sign the lease agreement as I wasn't paying attnention, but I also signed a "Vehicle cash purchase agreement" that has the correct numbers and proper VIN on it.

I have contacted my dealer to clarify but does anyone know where I look in case this becomes a struggle? Mazda USA customer service?
    Thanks for the info, aviboy97. I suppose that typing "buy rate" is just a habit after writing it 50,000 times ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi reign. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 5-Door Sport with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00163 and 59%, respectively.

I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this car for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That info is available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    jwangsdc, what trim of mazda 3 did you lease? Options? Lease term and mileage allowed?
    How was your credit score? Having a not so good credit will make your payments/mo higher too (and also if you traded in a car that had negative equity - and rolled that amount into your lease). What state do you live in? Some states will have you pay all taxes up front (like TX).
    I know that some dealerships will not write the lease agreement numbers in which you agreed upon. This happened to me and like you, I was in a rush and since my payments were where I wanted them to be, I didn't make too much of a fuss about it.
    I'm not sure what the "Vehicle cash purchase agreement" is.
    Good luck.
    Hi chiccos23. If I am not mistaken, Mazda is not currently providing lease support on the MazdaSpeed3. If that is indeed the case, then it definitely does not make sense to lease one at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man, I was needing info on a 42mo lease (not 39mo) with 10K/mi year. Trim is correct.
    I actually had a MF of .00170 and believe my residual was at 57%. MSRP = $20,590, purchase price = $19,950.
This discussion has been closed.