Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• millenia98millenia98 Member Posts: 9
    Carman,

We are ready to lease a 2011 Mazda3 hatchback 5-door. One dealer is offering a Mazda special of 36 months, $204 per month. When I asked her about money down, she advised the down payment depends on your credit. Is she pulling my leg?

I’m tempted to take the deal as we’re pretty close to top tier, if not top tier. What should be my follow-up question?

Even if I negotiate the price of the car with other dealers, I’m not sure I can get $204 per month. Sounds pretty good.
  • millenia98millenia98 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, can anyone else help or suggest if Carman is not available? My post is directly above this one.

Thanks so much. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow and would like to have this info today if possible.
  • bmack11bmack11 Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone know the current MF and RV for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 iSport Automatic with 15,000 miles? THANKS!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi millenia98. Consumers are free to put as much or as little down as a capitalized cost reduction as they want when leasing. It is in your best interest not to put any money down on a lease. If your credit is in good shape, you shouldn't have any trouble qualifying for Chase's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi bmack11. Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3i Sport Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00057 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hlaphlap Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,
    Looking to lease 2012 Mazda 3 5-door Touring 5-speed
    Here in South Florida got offer for :
    36 months, $229/month+ 6% tax($13.74), 12K miles per year
    MSRP $21999
    Gross Cap cost $20693 (Agreed price(value) $20148 +$545 Acquisition fee)
    Residual value(purchase option) $13415
    Money factor 0.00159 ($1899)
    Due at Signing $1800 (Cap cost Reduction $928, first month $242, Registration fees $570, Taxes $60)
    To pay out of the Door is $1500cash (Dealer willing to Rebate +$300) which makes $1800(due at signing)

I'm relatively new to lease terms so here are my concerns:
    1. Is not the money factor is to high (3.82%) ? - Credit is over 760
    2. Should not the $545 Acquisition fee be use towards the Due at signing? (possibly reducing my Cap Cost reduction) - maybe I misunderstood it but that what it says at the Mazda official website promotion.
    3. This was mentioned by "tschai" (question #20 in Kia section) but I'm still confused about this term of the contract - Government taxes and fees $2122.87 and on the contract it said :
    "The total estimated amount you will pay for official and license fees, registration, title and taxes over the term of your Lease, whether included with your monthly payments or access otherwise: $2122.87 (e) The actual total of fees and taxes may be higher or lower depending on the tax rates in effect or the value of the Vehicle at the time a fee or tax is assessed.
    Even if I have to pay registration fee every year, is not it too much ?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Hi hlap. You're right, the money factor that you were quoted is a little on the high side. I believe that Chase's current buy rate money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 5-Door is .00109 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier...which you clearly should given your high credit score. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your car's payment.

The bank that Mazda uses to lease its vehicles charges an acquisition fee of $595 on every vehicle that it leases. Consumers can either pay this fee at signing or roll it into their vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of their payment.

If your state charges sales tax then that may not be too high a charge after all.

Car_man
    Host
  • calculatecalculate Member Posts: 2
    So happy to find this wonderful resource. I have been badly burned by Volkswagon and am happy to have found Mazda. I have negotiated with several dealers in south florida and have come up with a sign and drive deal at two dealerships. Both are for 42 months and 12,000 miles. One is offering warranty through the dealer for the extra six months. That one is at $300 a month, the other is at 307 a month. After reading the previous post, it looks like i'm paying too much with either one. And, there is an ugly twist to the story. I have a 2012 Volkswagon CC that is three weeks old with 1,000 miles that i need to get rid of. The seats are crazy and started killing my back after 300 miles. Seems the dealers don't want to deal with this car. Car Max offered me 25,000 for it and one of the Mazda dealers wants an extra $30 a month in payment to take the car off my hands. Looking forward to your comments
  • calculatecalculate Member Posts: 2
    sorry. . . one more question. Have been trying to find out if the sky active will be here in October. Most dealers done seem to have a clue. Then when i tell them that i spoke to headquarters and have been told they will be available that soon, the dealers say that Headquarters doesn't know what they are talking about! And of course they have no idea if the sky active will cost more. I am tryng to figure out if it would pay to wait . . . gas savings versus possible extra cost of car. Thanks
  • jodony1jodony1 Member Posts: 19
    Hi CarMan,

Two months lease left on my mazda6 i GT ... while happy with the 6 looking for some more zap and the good looks of the 17" wheels on the 3 GT hatch .

Would you have the money factor and residual for the 3s Grand Touring, for 10 or 12k a year at 24 or 36 months?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!
  • volvohnovolvohno Member Posts: 38
    I'm corresponding with a dealership regarding a basic 2011 Mazda 3 I sport (MSRP 18,350). We agreed on a price ($16K), and then I asked the salesperson to run the lease numbers.

He replied and said that the price he had previously quoted was for a "purchase", and then gave me $242 as the monthly payment for a 36 month/36K lease. Does anyone think this sounds shady?

He did not provide specifics on Cap cost, or the down payment amount used to calculate payment. I'm asking for additional info, and hopefully I'll be able to see how much I'm being charged for the car.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited October 2011
    volvohno,

Ask the salesman for a copy of the LEASE WORKSHEET. If they refuse to give it to you or act as though they're not sure wat you're talking about, run; don't walk, to another dealership. They know damn well what a LEASE WORKSHEET is and what it entails. And, please, don't let them tell you that they can't give you one until AFTER the lease is signed because that's pure non-sense.

The LEASE WORKSHEET is a computer generated document that must be submitted, along with other docs (e.g., lease agreement) to the fund provider once the deal is closed. It includes all pertinent information including sell price, gross cap cost, down payment, adjusted cap, res factor, residual value, cost of money (money factor or interest rate), acquisition fee, taxes, monthly payment, term. etc.

John
    The AutoLeaseGeek
    Hi jodony1. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 S Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00173 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are .00236 and 67%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpodoladpodola Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man

Hoping you could help me out with a lease question regarding the 2012 Mazda 3, 5 door iTouring Hatchback. Could you help supply the residual and money factor for this car MSRP $20595

We would probably choose between 10k and 12k per year, 36 months at most.

Your help is greatly appreciated in deciding between the Focus and Mazda 3.

-thx!
    -dpodola
    I'd be happy to help you out, dpodola. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 5-Door i Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00173 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    Hi

I was wondering what the MF and residual are for a 2012 mazda iTouring 4 dour for 12k and 15k miles.

Thanks
    Hi amosz. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a Mazda3 i Touring Sedan R with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • damien7damien7 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man:
    Hi. Im looking to lease a skyactiv i grand touring 4 door. Are MF and residuals freely available or is it costly to subscribe to ALG?

When leasing, should I negotiate monthly payments or start with the purchase price. Ive been to one dealer and they would only talk monthly payments and would not give me any information about the MF or residual. Also, another dealer is asking for almost 1400 for a acquisition fee. They gave me the option of bundling that into the monthly lease price but isnt 1400 inflated!? Should I negotiate that ?

Any tips on how to approach salesmen regarding a lease would be great. I found some very helpful information on the web regarding calculation of montly lease prices but I have no idea what the true MF and residuals are. I think with those two numbers I can get an accurate idea of whether the salesperson is trying to add in extra costs.

Hope you can provide some info/advice/insight
  • liabearliabear Member Posts: 1
    Hi dpodola,
    Just wondering if you ended up with a Focus or a M3?
    :)
  • dpodoladpodola Member Posts: 3
    Hi liabear,

We ended going with the Ford Focus. We test drove both extensively, and having owned a 2004 Mazda 3, I did appreciate what the '12 version did bring to surface, most notably the increased fuel efficiency and extra gears. However, at the end of the day, we went ahead an purchased a 2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback. First and foremost, we were very impressed with the fit and finish of the Focus. This was unlike any focus we've seen in recent years, and it's obvious Ford has designed a car that begins to stand out from the usual class of small fuel efficient cars. Honestly, you can't go wrong between the Focus and Mazda 3. This is a daily commuter car for our purposes, but also designed well enough to fit our child seat and a trunk full of groceries. And yes, it's VERY fun to drive, it has just to right amount of pep, and zip to enjoy in and out of town.
    Hi damien7. ALG is relatively expensive to purchase access to, plus it wouldn't necessarily be accurate for this car's lease program either. Chase publishes the lease program for Mazda vehicles and it is not required to use ALG's residual values, not to mention the fact that ALG would not be able to tell you what Mazda's money factors are like.

Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 Grand Touring Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00156 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

A $1,400 acquisition fee is outrageous. Chase charges a base fee of only $595 on every vehicle that it leases. Make sure the dealer doesn't gouge you like this.

Car_man
    Host
  • damien7damien7 Member Posts: 3
    Turns out I was wrong. They were quoting me all fees . The bank acquisition fee was the normal 595$

Where Can i find the publication of Chase's rates and residuals. What would be the residual and MF on an iGT 36/12k lease.

The best quote I got from a dealer was a monthly payment of 251 with 1353 out of pocket.
  • jagoggijagoggi Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man,

Can you tell me residual on a 2012 MS3 3y/36k lease?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie
    Hi Jamie. Mazda's lease program varies by region. What state are you in?

Car_man
    Host
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,387
    Can you give me the lease information for Columbus, OH for a Mazda s Touring and a Mazda 3 i Touring SkyActiv, both automatic transmission? 36 months/10k a year and 12k a year.

Thanks so much!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • jeffkadjeffkad Member Posts: 4
    Please provide MF and residual, at 10k miles for Touring and Grand Touring (if diff). Located in Long Island NY.

Anyone done any lease deals in NY Tristate area recently?

Thanks.
    Was hoping you could provide lease MF and residual details on Mazda 3 s Grand Touring, preferrably around 33-36 mths (whatever the best deal is) with 10k miles? Thanks...
  • homersanhomersan Member Posts: 1
    leased from an urban area dealer in California Bay Area, financial services provided by Chase

Sky Blue Mazda3 5 dr i Touring + moon roof & bose speaker - MSRP $22325

for 36 months - 12k miles per year

money factor was 0.00093 (!) & residual value is 59%

dealer threw in tinting & all weather floor mats.

hope it helps.
    appears Car Man has abandoned us here at Mazda, LOL! Now need Feb regional rates for NYC/LI area though
    Here you go 28firefighter. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year in your area are .00107 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jeffkad. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 Hatchback Touring with 10,000 miles per year are .00093 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Mazda3 Hatchback Grand Touring are .00093 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • davrb2012davrb2012 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man
    Can you please provide me the lease information Los Angeles , CA for a Mazda 3 i Touring 4/door sedan and a Mazda 3 i Touring 5/door hatchback both automatic transmission/SkyActiv, 36 months/12k and 42 months/12k a year.

Thank You
    Here you go davrb2012. Mazda's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3i Touring Sedan with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year in California are .00107 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Mazda3i Touring 5 door are .00093 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mb80mb80 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man - can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 2012 Manual Transmission Mazda 3i Touring sedan (3 years, 12k miles/year)? Thanks!
  • igoraligoral Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car_man,

You have been a great help in the apst. Could you provide money factors and residuals for the above vehicles in the Tri-State area for a 36-months lease/10-12K miles per year?!

Thank you for your help!
  • igoraligoral Member Posts: 24
    Has anyone leased a Mazda in the last couple of weeks? What kind of deals were you offered/got?
  • mb80mb80 Member Posts: 2
    This is for Northern Virginia, btw. Thanks again!
  • shumbodyshumbody Member Posts: 1
    Central NY Syracuse area: 2012 Mazda3 iTouring 5-door w/ moonroof and Bose
    Auto, Black, Skyactiv, 0 down, $295 a month 36 month, 15k per year, taxes included in payment.

Jump or shop it? Time is of the essence....
    Hi igoral. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 non-R i Touring with 12,000 miles per year in your area are .00107 and 57%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Grand Touring are .00107 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jagoggijagoggi Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man,

I'm in NY, tristate, will purchase out of state (NJ,CT,PA) if it's worth my while.

Looking for MS3 Residual and money factor on 36mo lease

Thanks!
  • whackedwhacked Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please let me know the current Money Factor / Residual for the Mazda 3 iTouring Sedan with the Bose/Moonroof package in the NY area for 12K/36 months?

Thanks for your help as always.
    Mike
    Here's the information that you're looking for Mike. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year in your area are .00072 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • monty2000monty2000 Member Posts: 41
    Hey car man- can u check out my post in the VW toureg section

thanks
    Sure, I'll head right over monty2000.

Car_man
    Host
  • kukuchpakukuchpa Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car-Man,

Can you tell me the money factor and residual for 2012 Mazda 3 i touring Hatchback 10K/42 months in central New York area??

Thanks in advance.
  • dfwguy2dfwguy2 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Hi Car Man:

Hoping you could provide residual value and MF for a 2012 Mazda 3i Touring w/ Bose Speakers and Moonroof for a 15k mile/3 year lease. Location is DFW, Texas.

Thanks!
    Hi kukuchpa. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback with 10,000 miles per year in New York are .00066 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go dfwguy2. Mazda's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 15,000 miles per year in Texas are .00112 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jbocanegrajbocanegra Member Posts: 1
    Just got today, July 2nd, 36 mo 2012 3i touring with mf .00072 and 58%, 12k mi
  • timmyb2timmyb2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you provide the residual value and money factor for a 2012 Mazda 3i Sport 4-door (automatic), with 10k miles per year for 3 years? Located in Boston, Mass.

Thanks,
    Tim
This discussion has been closed.