Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda3 Lease Questions

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    xian5681xian5681 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks to this Forum I was able to get the following...

36 months
    15k miles

Price 19895
    Msr 21345
    Lease acquisition 595
    Doc fee 80
    License fee 230
    Electronic reg 29
    Tire fee 8.75
    Rebatev475
    Cod/cap red 1296.19
    Capital reduction 1771.19
    Money factor .00006
    Pmt 204.95
    Drive off 2471.99
    Rebate 495
    Payable del 1996.99
    Residual 56%

Wat do you guys think. Thanks
  • Options
    khonkhon Member Posts: 1
    I am in the San Francisco Bay area looking to lease the mazda 3 grand touring hatchback) for 3 years. what is the residual value and lease factor I should look for? I was quoted a cash sale price of $22K after $1K rebate. I have not leased before, and would appreciate advise of how to go about it. Any issues with dealing with Mazda directly? Thanks very much.

Khon
  • Options
    ranajoranajo Member Posts: 57
    Hi Carman,

Is there any subsidized lease program being offered by Mazda for the Series 3, HB with a manual transmission?

Thanks for any help you can extend on this.
  • Options
    roro4roro4 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

We just recieved our inspection for our lease return on a Mazda3. They noted down every little nick and scratch it comes out to almost $1000 in "repairs"! This seems absurd, but expected I suppose.

Anyone familiar with lease returns? Is there anything i can do to avoid all these ridiculous charges?

Any guidance is appreciated.

thanks!
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi khon. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You won't be able to deal with Mazda directly. Despite Tesla's efforts to change the system, right now consumers who want to buy or lease new vehicle have to do so through a franchised dealer.

Chase's (this is the bank that Mazda runs its special lease program through) June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Unfortunately, the $1,000 consumer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi ranajo. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda3 Hatchback Touring with a manual transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi roro4. Do you still have your vehicle? You might be able to get the minor issues fixed cheaper on your own.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Carman,

Thanks for the information.

Could you also provide me with the residual and money factor based on a 36 month lease and 10K miles annually as well as 12K miles annually.

The above is on a new 2012 Mazda Hatchback I touring with manual transmission.

Also, I know there is a $1000 cash rebate on a purchase being offered by Mazda. Does this rebate - or any rebate - apply to a lease?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, I meant a 2013 Mazda 5 door Hatchback I Touring .......... not 2012.

Also, is the money factor that you quoted on the Hatchback or the Sedan. I have been told the MF on the Hatchback is quite a bit higher.
  • Options
    bywayofcanarsebywayofcanarse Member Posts: 1
    Today we went looking for a new lease for my wife. We were interested in three cars, the Prius, the Civic Hybrid and the Mazda 3i with Touring ( as a more affordable alternative) We visited two Mazda dealers and were surprised to find that the payment terms of the 3i were as about expensive as both the Prius and Civic Hybrid.

For three cars, these are the quotes we received after some haggling:
    2013 Prius, 12k miles, $0 Down, $289/month
    2013 Civic Hybrid, 12k miles, $0 Down, $280/month
    2013 3i Touring, 12k miles, $0 Down, $281 and $275/month

The invoice for the 3i Touring is $19,700, according to TrueCar. Civic is $23,400 and Prius is $23,960.

We are novices when it comes to leasing, but shouldn't a car that invoices for thousands less lease for significantly less, too? Are Honda's and Toyota's terms generally more favorable than Mazda's? Is there something I am missing in the equation?

Any help or guidance will be appreciated!
  • Options
    tjinvatjinva Member Posts: 23
    bywayofcanarse, not sure where you are located but this is the deal I got in CA and posted in the "Prices Paid" forum. The cap cost includes the acquisition fee of $595. Make sure the lease is being calculated using the correct money factor and check out the other add-ons the dealer is adding to the total cost:

Here's the deal I got on a new 2013 Mazda 3 i touring hatchback manual transmission:

MSRP $20795

Capitalized Cost $19130

Money Factor: .00007

Residual: 58% $12061

Monthly Payment: $214.97 before Sales Tax

Monthly Payment: $234.32 after sales tax (Northern California)

Drive off payment: $584.77 (first month payment, registration and title, doc fees, etc)

There was no other front end payment other than the drive off payment mentioned above.

I feel I got a fair deal thanks to the feedback on this forum. Of course, it involved shopping different dealers - some were amazingly misleading with everything from the money factor to the residual.

Since the car was leased at a very favorable money factor, I was not eligible for the $1000 cash rebate applicable to outright purchases.
  • Options
    badeacon1badeacon1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman

Could you provide the MF and residual for 2013 Mazda3 i grand touring for 36 months 12,000 per year?

thanks
  • Options
    tac379tac379 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_man

Could you help me out on a lease for a 2013 Mazda3 (deciding between touring and grandtouring).

Dealer quoted me today, for a 36 month, 36K mile lease in 02563:
    Touring: 56% residual; .00019 money factor
    GrandTouring: 57% residual; .00019 money factor

Can you confirm these numbers are accurate?

They also said there is a $500 rebate (conquest, since I have a civic), but wondering if there are any others that can be applied to the lease.

Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    .00177 and 60% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fenderman2fenderman2 Member Posts: 11
    kyfdx thanks, what about the grand touring?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please continue in our 2014 Mazda3 Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.