Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey mbman. Mazda's April lease program for the Mazda6 is not much different than its March program was. The lease payment of the car that you are interested in will depend upon how low a selling price you are able to negotiate on it. Stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for the 2007 Mazda6 lately: "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When negotiating this car's selling price, keep in mind that Mazda is currently providing a total of $1,500 lease cash on the specific model that you are interested in right now. This incentive will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. If you provide me with this car's full MSRP and approximate selling price I would be happy to use Mazda Credit's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your friend's lease with everyone, creativityrule.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    Dear Car_man,
    Would you please provide the current lease information (Money Factor and Residual Values) for the 07 Mazda 6i VE?

I would be interested in values for 24 and 36 months, at 12000 and 13500 miles/year.

Thank you!
  • avljmaxavljmax Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,
    I'm interested in the same info as dudette3 (above), except I'm in North Carolina (if that matters).

Thanks!
  • avljmaxavljmax Member Posts: 10
    Just thought I'd let you all know about the deal I got last night from Montgomery Mazda in Charlotte, NC. Great, super-easy buying process (I had called ahead for their best price when none of the dealers within 50 miles of me were willing to come down below $19,000).

Here's the details:
    Mazda6i Sport Value Edition Auto
    MSRP $21,125
    Negotiated price $15,988
    Total cap cost $17,291 (includes doc, destination, tags, title, etc)
    Residual $11,618
    Base monthly payment $209.35 + $6.28 (tax) = $215.63

For some reason, Mazda is able to include the NC county property tax in the lease, along with Gap insurance at no cost! So, that means I don't have to dread those upcoming tax bills (at least for the next three years).

This is a 36-month, 12,000 miles per year lease with $0 down and $0 security deposit. In fact, my first month's payment was included in the lease cash, so I didn't pay anything yesterday... sign and drive! I like it! :D

I love my 6 so far! Best of luck to everyone here and thanks for all the tips and advice I received!!!
    Here you go, dudette3. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Mazda6i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00108 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00142 and 53%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher. Mazda Credit did not used to offer leases with 13,500 miles per year. Is that an option that the dealer you are working with mentioned? When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,500 lease cash that Mazda is providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey avljmax. Mazda's current lease program for the MAzda6 is national, so it would be exactly the same in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sswen7sswen7 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man
    I was wondering what the current money factor and residual is for a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring.
    I was just quoted a money factor of .00181 for a 24 mo. 15K per year for a Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring. Residual was 58%. Thanks.
    Hi sswen7. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 MazdaSpeed6 Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of the MazdaSpeed6. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mchangmchang Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_Man,
    Can you please tell me the current money factor and residual for a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport ... 24 and 36 mths, with under 10,000 miles/yr?
    If the MSRP is $28,670 what do you think is the best lease I can negotiate, with the lowest amount out of pocket?
    I live in Palm Beach County, Florida; sales tax 6.5%.
    Thanks in advance.
    Here you go, mchang. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 with 10,500 miles per year are .00106 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00183 and 51%.

This car's lease payment will depend upon what selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment would be on it right now if you let me know what selling price you have been able to or are expecting to be able to negotiate. If you're not sure what selling price to shoot for, you may be able to get an idea by visiting the following discussion: "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the whopping $2,500 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, mchang. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 with 10,500 miles per year are .00106 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00183 and 51%.

This car's lease payment will depend upon what selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment would be on it right now if you let me know what selling price you have been able to or are expecting to be able to negotiate. If you're not sure what selling price to shoot for, you may be able to get an idea by visiting the following discussion: KarenS, "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 7 Jan 2003 12:23 pm. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the whopping $2,500 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • cfkidcfkid Member Posts: 30
    Car_man,
    Could you please provide me lease money factors and residuals for 24 and 36 month leases on two cars? I'm look at either the Speed5 Sport or the 6i GT. I am an S-Plan particiant, and should qualify for Tier 1 rates.

Thanks in advance,
    CfKid
  • jcox9jcox9 Member Posts: 4
    I'm wanting to know the current MF and residual for the 2007 mazda6i and mazda 6s. I would like to lease for 24 months and the lowest miles (10,500 per year?). Also, are the rates different for the sedan vs the 5 door?
  • rufus26pt2rufus26pt2 Member Posts: 6
    So I had an offer of $259 a month for a 24 month lease $2000 down on a Mazda6 SVE Stick 12,000 miles. I haggled a bit more and the dealer said he would reduce the price by $600 but when he calculated the lease price, it was a few dollars higher per month and said his prior calculation was a mistake. I told him no thanks and left. I contacted another dealer who said the best lease he could do would be $339?!?!?!?

Was the 259 a good deal? I can get a base model Subaru legacy for $195 a month with 2k down so I guess I will do that but the Mazda was a nicer car so I am a little bummed.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    quote MazdaUSA-
    2007 MAZDA6 i Sports Sedan Sport Value Edition AT $199/Month, 24-Month Lease, $2,199 due at Lease Signing after $1,500 MAC lease cash back. Includes 1st Month’s Payment. Excludes taxes, title and fees.-end

Mazda has $199 a month promoted on their website for an automatic. For a manual trans. you should expect less than $199 and certainly no more than $199 a month.
    Yeah but that is the 4 cyl. Also, that does not include tax so it is more like $220.

Thanks for the info
  • mickylynmickylyn Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to the what the money factor & residual value of the 2007 mazda6 sport sedan S Grand touring.
  • mickylynmickylyn Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man,
    I'am interesting in leasing a 2007 Mazda6 Sport Sedan Grand Touring and I wanted to know what the money factor & residual value is for a 24, 36 & 48 month lease would be for 12,000 or 15,000 miles. Also what is a good price to start negotiating at, I will be going into the dealer this week.
    Thank you.
    Carman,

I would like the residual value and money factor for a 2007 Mazda6 SVE and IVE Manual for 24 months and 10500 miles.

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, CfKid. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of any 2008 MazdaSpeed6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00101 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00189 and 47%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to use the $2,500 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jcox9. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Mazda6i Sedan with 10,500 miles per year are .00102 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Mazda6s Sedan are .00102 and 62%.

The numbers for 5-Door models are indeed different than they are for Sedans. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Mazda6i 5-Door are .00156 and 61%. The numbers for the '08 Mazda6s 5-Door are .00156 and 57%.

When negotiating your lease on the Mazda6 that you want, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of '08 Sedans and $1,500 that it is providing on leases of '08 Mazda6 5-Door models into account. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mickylyn. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either off these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mazda6s Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 50%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it into account.

Notice that I provided you with information on the current lease program for the 2008 model. Mazda is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models (other than the MazdaSpeed6).

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhhh, mickylyn, I see that you mentioned the missing information in your next post. OK, I have already provided you with the 36 month, 15k info. Mazda Credit's current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2008 Mazda6s Sedan are .00102 and 59%. The numbers for a 48 month, 15k lease are .00195 and 43%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residuals would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here is the information that you are looking for, rufus26pt2. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2008 Mazda6 s Sedan with 10,500 miles per year are .00102 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Mazda6i Sedan are .00102 and 64%. As you can see, I provided you with the numbers for the '08 Mazda6. Mazda is no longer leasing '07 models.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to use the $1,000 lease cash that Mazda is providing on it to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • doug_tdoug_t Member Posts: 22
    Hi Car_Man.

Are you sure about Mazda no longer having any lease deals on the 2007's? There still seems to be one posted on the Mazda site, good through 10/31. I assume that when I see something like this, they are still offering aggressive lease terms on the car, no?

Thanks so much for all your time and effort here.

- Doug

=======================================================
    2007 MAZDA6 i Sports Sedan Sport Value Edition AT
    2007 MAZDA6 i Sports Sedan Sport Value Edition AT
    $199/Month, 24-Month Lease, $2,199 due at Lease Signing after $2,000 MAC lease cash back. Includes 1st Month's Payment. Excludes taxes, title and fees. (**)
    (*) The Amount due at Lease Signing is higher in the following states: Connecticut ($2,711); Massachusetts ($2,788); Rhode Island ($2,839); Virginia ($2,506); and West Virginia ($2,519).

(**) Dealer participation required. Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment through Mazda American Credit. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 24,000 at $0.15/mile. No security deposit required. Total payments of $4,776. Purchase option at lease end for $12,369. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 10/31/07. See participating dealer for qualifications.
    ======================================================
  • doug_tdoug_t Member Posts: 22
    Now that I dig deeper I suspect that the lease offer on the 2007's are regional since I tried a Florida zip code on the Mazda site and it did not appear.

If that is the case, Car_Man, would you have the #s for the 2007 Mazda6i VE, 10,500 miles, 24 months that would apply for me in NJ?

Thanks.
  • dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    hi,
    i am curious with leasing how to maintain vehicle according to requirements. i live in michigan, so am i required to use the maintenance required listed under severe whether conditions? when i owned my car, i just used a mileage in between the normal and severe requirements. i am just wondering how stringent they are with this. also, do i have to take the vehicle to a dealer for service? or just a local shop is ok. i have a mazda 6. thank you!
  • myke0323myke0323 Member Posts: 9
    Car_man:

I was looking to lease an 07 Madza6 s model (which is still possible in my area). I was quoted at a ridiculous $350 a month (with $2500 down) for 36 months and 12k miles even with the $2500 in rebates.

So after showing the dealer some paperwork from edmunds and other places, he went back to see what he could do. He came back and offered me an 08 Madza6 s model for $249 month w/o tax, etc. (Also based on 36 months/12 k miles and $2500 down).

I was more prepared to negotiate based on the figures you provided here for the 07s and not for the 08s. This deal did seem reasonable as I was looking for a payment on the 07 of about $225/mo with $2500 down.

Please let me know what you think of $249/mo in this case...

Myke
    Hi dudette3. The only maintenance that I ever perform on leased vehicles is to change the oil and rotate the tires. You don't even have to go to the dealer to have these things done, but if you do them yourself or take them to a Jiffy Lube-esque place make sure to keep the receipts just in case. Oil changes are a pretty cheap, easy way to make sure your car doesn't experience any major problems. And while the tire rotation isn't required, doing it will hopefully prevent excessive tire wear and keep you from having to buy new tires for your car before lease-end. In my opinion, performing any maintenance above and beyond this on a leased vehicle is a waste of money.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Myke. Did you say that the dealer that you are working with cut their initial offer for a lease of the Mazda6 that you want by $100 per month after you called them on it :surprise: . They certainly were trying to skin you, which would not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the dealer. I would be happy to give you my opinion on the deal that you were quoted if you provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
  • rokkfordrokkford Member Posts: 6
    A local dealership has offered me a lease as follows:

2008 MAZDA6 i Sports Sedan, Touring Model w/ optional Sirius Radio ($430)
    36 months / 10,500 miles
    No money down
    $349 per month + tax

MSRP is $23,305. I'm waiting for confirmation of money factor and base cap cost from the dealer. Also, I'm a little confused about the residual value. On this forum, it's listed as 64%, but elsewhere I've seen an average residual listed as 46% to 48%.
  • 737capt737capt Member Posts: 14
    Anyone know what are the current numbers for a 24 or 36 month lease at 15k per year for a Mazda 6s Grand Touring?
    Hi rokkford. Did someone say that this car's 36 month residual value is 64%?! I hope that it wasn't me. If it was, I apologize. Mazda Credit's current 36 month, 10,500 mile per year residual value for a 2008 Mazda6i Sports Sedan is only 52%. Its money factor for this term is .00129. Make sure that the dealer uses these numbers to calculate your car's lease payment. Also, make sure that they use an attractive capitalized cost. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would want a discount of around $3,000 (including the $1,500 lease cash).

Car_man
    Host
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    OK, I'm looking at the Mazda 6i SVE with automatic that Mazda is currently running a 24 month, 24000 mile lease special of 199 a month with 2199 down.
    But, if I just go by Edmunds figures for one with just a rear spoiler added, the MSRP is 21610 and TMV is 18260 with a 2000 rebate. But I'm guessing if I lease one, I only get to use the 1250 lease cash listed on Mazda's website. However, if I use that, roughly a 1200 trade-in and first-month payment down only, wouldn't it be possible to get a lower payment than that? I know you suggest not putting a lot down on a lease, but I'm not sure even with the available lease cash and first-months payment that I could come up with near the 199 a month. Plus, I don't need four cars in the driveway (well, three as my postal truck stays at the office)
    I really don't want to go 36 months, since I will likely have the money to upgrade to a BMW 330i convertible after this lease runs out.
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    What should I expect to get one of these for? I managed to find one,
    loaded, msrp is 28,818, dealer says $600 over invoice, and that includes
    the cost of getting it here. Purchase is $21,888 with 4K rebate, I would
    want to lease it.
    Hi scottinky. Mazda is not providing lease support on 2007 models any longer. I don't even through that you could lease an '07 model through its captive finance company if you wanted to. As a result, you would have to go through an independent bank to lease this car if you could even find one that is still leasing 2007 models. I suspect that you will be better off going with a 2008 Mazda6 if you really want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • adreasadreas Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

Hello. I'm currently interested in leasing a 2008 Mazda6 i SVE. I've done a lot of research worked numbers over repeatedly as well as used Mazda's lease payment calculator to verify my work. However, I'd like to know if this is a possibility and not a flight of fancy. I have come to find that my wife is eligible for the s-plan and am working from that price. Currently the Mazda6 i SVE at s-plan is $18,248, before tax and fees. From that I added handling charges, tax, etc. The final sale price comes out at $20,015.98. I then applied a down payment of $1000 and the current lease cash of $1250 offered by Mazda. At 24 months and 12,000 miles my complete monthly payment comes out to $176 per month. I double checked my work on their website calculator as well and came up with the same price. My question is, will a dealer allow me to use s-plan pricing and lease cash combined? Although it's clearly stated this is a possibility, I find some dealers unwilling to participate. What should I do?

Thank you.
  • krwest1krwest1 Member Posts: 74
    Yes, the dealer will allow you to use S-plan and lease cash. However, the calculator on the Mazda website automatically factors in the lease cash, so if you put in your "purchase" price of $20,015.98 and down payment of $1000, you'll get the correct lease payment of $228. It looks like you added the $1250 lease cash in with the $1000 down payment for a total $2250, which is how you arrived at the incorrect $176 payment.
    Thank you for your help! I was wondering how the payments came out so low. It just didn't seem right to me. Should I be able to get a better deal with S-plan and lease cash than with lease cash alone? Say if I were to use s-plan pricing and lease cash with $1500 down, would I be able to net payments closer to $200/mo?

Thank you.
    You're welcome. I think the S plan price is right around invoice, so that's a very good price without having to do any negotiating. You may be able to get below that by negotiating on your own, but it's up to you if it's worth the hassle.

Your payment will go down about $4 per month for each additional $100 you put down. However, the money factor on this lease is so low (around 1%), that you would be better off not putting any money down except the first month's payment. Put the money into an online savings account and earn 3 or 4%, and take money out each money if you need it to help make the payment.
    Thank you again for your help. I've worked everything out on my own instead of using Mazda's online calculator, but I still am getting incredibly low numbers. I've been quoted on a Mazda3 this time for a residual value of $11,647 after 24 months. Using the S-plan pricing of the trim I'm looking at, which comes to $15,539 before tax and fees, I added $635 destination charges and $300 in fees. The price comes to $16,474. I then applied 6% sales tax and used a money factor of 2% (0.00048). I also used the $500 lease cash currently offered on the Mazda3 as down payment. After working everything through several times to ensure mistakes were not made I came up with a monthly payment of $205.16. This is without placing a down payment of my own and at 12,000 miles a year.

After adjusting my last work to compensate for the lease cash, I also came up with $228/mo for the Mazda6. So I know I'm working this out right on the Mazda3. That is, unless, the lease on the Mazda3 is not at a similar money factor as the Mazda6. Any advice? My dealer is trying to get me to lease a Mazda3 at $216/mo with $1500 down. I'm also aware he did not include the $500 lease cash in his calculations. He also used a money factor of 11.95% (0.002868)!

What should I do? Thanks.
    What is the MSRP of the Mazda3 that you are looking at? What trim level (i Sport Sedan, i Touring Wagon, etc.)? I can tell you that the money factor on the Mazda3 is substantially higher than the Mazda6. It's somewhere around .00225 (5.5%) for the i Touring. By the way, money factor X 2400 equals interest rate. Your calculations were backwards. For example, if the money factor on the Mazda6 is .00048, the effective interest rate is .00048 X 2400, or 1.152%.
    Ok, I notice where I went wrong now. I was told to use a different equation to figure for the money factor. I see that it's the wrong way. It's not the math that's hard, I take advanced math courses, but you'll screw up either way if you're using the wrong formula. I am looking at the Mazda3 i Touring (manual) and Mazda6 i SVE (manual). I reworked according to your equation and came up with $218.48/mo on the Mazda3 with $1,500 down including the lease cash. At $2000 down, including lease cash, I am at $195.21/mo. This is for a 24 month lease using 12,000 miles per year. Could you help me with the Mazda6's figures? Thanks in advance!
  • brandj5brandj5 Member Posts: 7
    Could someone please provide the current money factor and residual value on this model? The MSRP is roughly $21450.

Looking for numbers on 24 & 36 month leases - 12K miles per year.

Thanks!
    Hi brandj5. Interestingly, it does not appear as though Mazda is providing lease support on the Mazda6 in July...at least not nationally. This means that you probably don't want to lease this car right now. If you really want to get a Mazda6, take advantage of its new aggressive special financing program and finance it at 0% for 5 years instead.

Car_man
    Host
  • gene66gene66 Member Posts: 13
    Hello Car_man,

Can you please post the money factor and residuals for:

2009 Mazda6 i Touring, 24/36 months, 10500miles/year

2009 Mazda6 i Grand Touring, 24/36 months, 10500miles/year

I would like to have this information before I contact the dealer.

Thanks for your help.
    Hello gene66. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of any 2009 Mazda6 i with 10,500 miles per year are .00189 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00185 and 58%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    Hi Car Man,

What are the current lease rates for a 24 month lease with 12K miles per year?
    and for 36 months with 12K miles?
    I assume these apply to the new Mazda6 (and not the old one).

How much is the acq fee? Are there any fees (other than ttl) that I should be aware of eg sec deposit, doc fees etc?

Are there any other incentives other than the $1,250 - I understand some dealers are selling at S plan rates and that there is some sort of 'loyalty' rebate as well?

Thanks
  • s1monxsayzs1monxsayz Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I JUST picked up my 09 Mazda 6 i Grand touring today in silver.

The deal i got was, 12k miles for 24 months, 600 dollars down and 375 per month with first month, tax, reg, all included. Buy out at the end is 18900.

The best part is, the MSRP on my car is 28350 because i added the bose system. The dealer went 1000 below invoice and settled for the price of 25300.

This was at Puente Hill Mazda, in SoCal