Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome will_ksu. It's difficult to say what the May programs will be like at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    You made a great post and I want to acknowledge that. However, I am very familiar with leasing. I have a spreadsheet in which I enter money factor, residual value, etc and I determine the monthly payments in advance based on what I am looking to pay for the car.

I think I skipped a step when I interpreted your post. I assumed that someone would always calculate the selling price beforehand. So in your scenario, if a dealer comes up $100 less than my calculated payment for the same car with the same equipment as other dealers, then I wouldn't really care how he is getting it done.

That being said, this scenario is unlikely because either I would had miscalculated my numbers terribly wrong or the dealer did. Math is math as much as I hate it. So I would surely double check my figures before committing.

Finally, I have also found that dealer MF and Residual numbers are sometimes different than numbers obtained here. Whether that's lying by the dealer who knows, but sometimes their figures are not te same so their calculations are different. This is assuming top-tier credit.
    edited April 2013
    Car_man I have several questions:

Are these numbers for the 2014 Mazda6 Touring the same for April as March?

Also, could you post the April MF and Residual for a the Touring, 36 months, but with 10K miles per year?

I notice you mentioned Chase, but Mazda's website mentions Mazda Capital Services. Are the numbers the same regardless?

Do you know the acquisition fee for the Mazda6? Is the security deposit the same as the first month's payment?

Thanks!
    I have been looking at the Sport model and it seems to have everything that I am looking for already standard.

So could you please post the money factor and residual value of a the 2014 Mazda6 Sport Automatic with both 10K and 12K miles?

Thanks!
  • samalisamali Member Posts: 12
    Very informative stuff here..

I was recently offered on the sport model automatic based on msrp of 23340 ( MSRP on mazdausa.com is 22495...)

15k miles per year, rebate 1000, cash down 1000

total payment 281.31 (includes tax)

Residual 60% 14,004 and net cap cost 22732

Can this deal get better? I'm doing further research, and would appreciate any input
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    samali-

Are you aware of the lease 'promo/special' for April on the 2014 Sport AT?

It's a 36-month lease, $1999 due at signing (includes 1st mo & acquisition fees), $229/month (plus taxes, title and fees).

It allows 12k miles per year with $0.15/mile overage. MSRP is $23,290 including destination and payment is based on Cap Cost of $21,515.

Purchase option at end of lease is $14,207. Dealer participation required, as is top-tier credit.

You mention a $1000 rebate, is that the Owner Loyalty Incentive or something else?

I'm not sure if this will help at all or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    igozoomzoom,
    I wasn't aware until now. Thank you, for informing me, as it gives me leverage . But, I just got another offer from another dealer who I think may have closed the deal, if everything goes smoothly during the actual purchase.
    257.60 a month w/ 1K downpayment and 1k owner royalty (for anyone w/ a mazda at your address)

based on 21919 (w/ rebate) + 595 acquisition fee.
    Glad I could help! It's actually $1989 due at signing and $219/month in some markets.

But the $257/mo OTD is sounding pretty sweet! What color (interior and exterior) are you getting?
    This is a very vague question, but I’m only looking for a vague, ballpark answer...

I’m helping a friend of the family find a new car before the lease experies on her 2010 Infiniti in a few weeks and she turns it in.

She loves the Mazda6 i Grand Touring and plans to lease again. She is 60-years old, credit score in the 780+ range and owns a Physical Therapy practice that cleared over $200k last year.

Currently, cash flow is a bit of an issue, but it will return to normal in less than two months. She just had some MAJOR unplanned expenditures (over $15k) very recently. So she would like to keep the amount due at lease signing as low as possible.

1- What is the least down payment she could expect to pay on a 36-month lease on a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring?

Any chance of $1000 due at signign (which I know typically includes first month payment).

2- What is a ballpark estimate for the monthly payment on a 2014 GT 36-month lease? Is $350 realistic? Or $400/mo?

I just need a very general idea, can I tell her a payment between $300 and $400 is doable?

She is in love with the Mazda6 and so am I. I also have a 2012 CX-9 GT and just gave my nephew my beloved 2006 Mazda3 5-door for his 15th b-day!

If we can’t make the Mazda6 lease work out, Acura is currently running $0 down lease specials on a lot of models. The godawful TL 3.5 ‘Base’ is $390/month for 36mos with $0 down, but a TSX Tech 4-door is also $390 with $0 down.

The TSX SportWagon is $360/mo, same term, $0 down and the TSX ‘Base’ 4-door is $330/mo.

The TSX Wagon would be my (distant) 2nd pick after the Mazda6....

HELP me out guys! I’m just dont’ want to pursue the Mazdat6 any further and get her hopes up if it isn’t financially realistic for her!
    Hey biggbrother. Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Touring with 10,000 miles per year now vary by region. In some areas the money factor is .00073. In other areas it's .00045. If you tell me what state you are in I can tell you what factor is available in your area.

The residual value for this lease would be 59% everywhere.

Mazda Capital Services is just the brand name that Mazda uses for leases that it runs through Chase.

Chase charges a $595 acquisition fee on every Mazda that it leases. I think that you will probably be able to get your vehicle's security deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    I'm looking to lease a sedan (Accord, Camry, etc.) and am considering a Mazda 6 but from what I understand, the only way to get Sirius satellite radio is to lease the top of the line grand touring?? Or heated seats?
    Heated seats are only available on the Grand Touring. I find it very odd that Mazda made "leatherette" upholstery standard on the mid-level Touring, but heated seats aren't even optional on that model. (BTW- I couldn't wait to see just how cheap-looking and feeling the "leatherette" would be, but I was very pleasantly surprised! It looks and feels more like real leather than the leather seats in my $40k Mazda CX-9 GT!)

SIRIUS is also standard on the GT, but not offered of the lower models. The previous two generations of Mazda6 had SIRIUS-ready audio systems and the dealer sold the SIRIUS hardware for $300 or so. I bought it for my 2006 Mazda3 and it was a simple plug-and-play installation and was fully integrated like a factory unit would be.

But I don't see it on the 2014 Mazda6 Accessory list. I did some digging into the detailed specs (from Mazda's marketing site) and it does indicate that the audio system in ALL 2014 Mazda6 models are SIRIUS-ready. I'll email a buddy of mine who runs a Mazda Parts Dept in Alabama and ask him about it....

Other than SIRIUSXM, they are Pandora Internet Radio compatible, if you want to explore that. It's my understanding your smart phone has to work as the receiver for Pandora, but I know several folks who seem to love it!

If you're interested in the Touring model, you should consider getting one with Touring Tech Package....or at least drive one with and one without it to compare. For $2000, it adds a LOT of features!

If you decide that the Mazda6 isn’t quite right for you, I have something else in mind that might fit the bill and it’s much more interesting than Camry or Altima or even the Accord....the Acura TSX!

Acura has some pretty incredible lease deals on the 2013 TSX right now. The ‘base’ TSX has everything you’d want- heated, leather seats, 7-speaker Premium Audio system with standard XM radio and AUX/USB inputs and all the other features you’d expect on an entry-level luxury car.

You can get a 36-month lease with $1999 due at signing for $279/month (not including taxes, registration, blah, blah).

Or you can go with $0 due at signing and $330/month.

Parent company Honda is also running some nice lease deals on the Accord. They have promo leases on LX, EX and EX-L V6 Sedans, but the EX looks sweet but it has cloth seats (not heated) and a not-so-hot 6spkr 160-watt Audio System without SIRIUSXM even as an option.

If you step up to the EX-L, you get heated leather seats AND a MUCH more impressive 7-speaker 360-watt Premium Audio System with standard SIRIUSXM. You also get a Forward Collision Warning System (which I’ve had for years, it’s called a WINDSHIELD in my car), Lane Departure Warning System, Rearview Camera, 2-position Memory for Driver’s Seat, 4-way power passenger seat and LED brake lights.

The EX-L stickers for $2590 more than the EX, but you get a lot of value for the money IMO.

The EX-L V6 is almost identical but instead of the 185hp 2.4L 4-cylinder and CVT, it has a 278hp 3.5L V6 with a 6-speed automatic. It is rated at 21/34mpg, great for a V6 and I recently read a review of the V6 sedan in one of the car mags. It does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, which makes it the fastest mid-size sedan you can buy (or lease). The V6 is carried over from the previous generation Accord, so the new 6-speed automatic is largely responsible for almost-insane-for-a-family-car acceleration! I’ve had the pleasure or driving one and I was very impressed. But it is so smooth and quiet that I hit 90mph and it felt more like 70.

The EX-L V6 lease is 36-months, $2799 due at signing and $309/month.

The $0/down alternative is $0 due at signing and $380/month.

I probably gave you a little (LOT) more info than you needed, but I hope it helps you out!
    Me again!

I wanted to mention one other car to you. The KIA Optima is a much better car than the Camry (according to most reviews and folks like me who drive rental cars on regular basis). IMO, it’s second only to the Mazda6 and every bit as good as the Accord and a better value than ANY of them!

The Optima has a nice 6-speaker Audio system with standard SIRIUSXM. I’ve driven the entry-level LX model numerous times and it’s still hard to believe that it’s the base model and starts around $21k.

If you want leather, you need to move up to the mid-level EX model. It has standard heated leather seats, automatic climate control, 17” alloys, 8-way Power Driver’s Seat w/ Lumbar and some very sharp interior accents (chrome door pulls, metal bezel around gear shift & leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter). It looks and feels like the interior of a $30k+ entry-level luxury car, not bad for a $23k sedan.

BTW, I’m not intentionally trying to bash the Camry. It’s not that the Camry isn’t a decent car, it’s the fact that almost everyone else is better. Each new generation of Camry has lower quality materials (interior), unimpressive (sometimes even sloppy) build quality and obvious cost-cutting measures that none of it’s competitors seem to make. Toyota can do much better because we’ve seen it. But they’re more interested in earning every penny they can rather than building great cars.

But when you’re selling hundreds of thousands without trying, why waste the effort?
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    She should be able to get her GT.
    With good credit, there is no need to put anything down. I just did an April lease for a GT with MRCC/FOW for $360 with only first payment due at signing. All fees and taxes were rolled into the payment. Of course, the money factors, residuals and pricing could change and that will impact the the lease though since it is marketed as a 2014, I wouldn't expect the residuals to change much in the near term.
    That's very good news, thank you for that info!

I'm curious, what was the residual value (%) after 36 months? (Assuming that your lease is for 36 months)

Also, how much mileage allowance is included in your lease? 10k, 12k or 15k/yr? Or some other amount?

Again, I really appreciate the info! I just bought Leasing for Dummies (no kidding) and I'm determined to learn all the ins and outs of leasing! Every significant aspect of the buying and financing (loan) process are second nature to me. But I haven't dealt with leasing and I'm trying to make it much more difficult than it actually is....Analysis Paralysis, that is what I tend to do with almost everything- overthink it, get frustrated, give up briefly, overthink it harder.... =)

So how much are you loving the car? What color did you get?

BTW, on a less positive note...

I was incredibly confused and equally disappointed when I saw the April Sales Figures released by Mazda yesterday. There were just 2,933 Mazda6 sales last month, for a YTD total of 13,884 (some of which are 2013 models). That’s 36% lower than April 2012 YTD Mazda 6 sales which totaled 21,665!

I thought April would finally show a substantial increase for car, but it didn’t even reach 3,000 units!

But then I went back and read the Press Release and found the answer-

“The 2014 Mazda6 continues to exceed sales expectations (“aim low and you’ll never be disappointed) without any official advertising support of the vehicle thus far.”

For the love of God, will they ever learn from experience (failure) after failure after....

Isn’t doing the same thing over and over and over again, but expecting a different result the very definition of INSANITY???
    If you know what you're doing leasing can be very advantageous. I'm a CPA and I'm planning to write a book on auto leasing since many people don't realize that it may be right for them.
    Anyway, the residual is 60% for a three year lease with 12K miles per year. The April money factor was low, especially compared with what I was quoted in Feb. I would be paying over $50 more a month. Of course, I wouldn't be leasing the car if the money factor hadn't gone down. This is my ninth leased car and I don't even waste my time negotiating the price of the car unless I know the residual and money factor is favorable.
    I'm definitely enjoying the car. The woman who has the parking spot next to mine just got an Infiniti G37 and was bragging about the advanced technology it has (though it actually has less than our Volvo) and yesterday she noticed the Mazda. I blew her away when I told her about all the stuff the GT with MRCC has and she loved the way it looks. It's the Blue Reflex.
    Since I read countless reviews including the one in Consumer Reports which just came out a few days ago, I have had no surprises. The biggest negative, which I expected after reading reviews, is that the steering wheel is too slick which is ironic considering it gets good reviews for steering feel and feedback.
    Incidentally, Mazda will be kicking off a campaign for the 6 this summer.
    I had to back out last minute because dealers weren't to happy that my roomates registration didn't have our current address on it and he was out of town so I couldn't' hassle him!

I lost patience and went w/ the Nissan Altima mid level trim. I can't help but wonder if I could have pulled of a good deal on the mazda 6 i touring model . The sport model in the end felt uninspired inside , but damn I still wonder if I should have bought it and had something unique
  • co_car_nutco_car_nut Member Posts: 5
    Hello...I am am getting ready to negotiate on a 6 lease, and I need some info, please. I'm looking at a 6 i, automatic, with a list price of $23,865. 36 month; 15k/year lease. First 'offer' from the saleman was $2800 down, and payment of $269/mo + tax. This did not pass my reasonableness test. When I asked what the residual and money factors were, he came back w/a 59% residual (which I think is standard/correct). The money factor he flashed real quick, and unfortunately, I failed to write it down!

So, my question to you all is...what is the best money factor I could hope for, and is 59% sound right for the residual? Ultimately, I need some advice on what's the best monthly payment I could hope for, w/$0 down (r close to it!), 36 months, 15k/yr. My credit is good...about 750.

Thanks for any help!
  • newman11newman11 Member Posts: 4
    Hello
    I am looking to lease 2014 Mazda 6 Grand touring with 12000 miles per year and was hoping if someone can help with guidance. This is my first lease so I want to make it simple and was thinking to offer all in amounts like:
    $2000 - down payment
    $1000 - mada incentive for current mazda owners
    This makes for a total of $3000 down inclusing all fees, aquisition, taxes, bla-bla.
    $240 x 35 months including mass tax of 6.25%.
    Do you think this can get me the GT?
    I will appreciate any advise/suggestions
    I don't know what doc and registration fees are like in Mass but even being conservative and including the Mazda loyalty and you putting some money down, I would think right now you would be short about $15 to $20 a month if you could get the car near or under invoice.
  • co_car_nutco_car_nut Member Posts: 5
    Hello amigos,
    Still looking for some advice, on my previous post, below. Thanks!

Hello...I am am getting ready to negotiate on a 6 lease, and I need some info, please. I'm looking at a 6 i, automatic, with a list price of $23,865. 36 month; 15k/year lease. First 'offer' from the saleman was $2800 down, and payment of $269/mo + tax. This did not pass my reasonableness test. When I asked what the residual and money factors were, he came back w/a 59% residual (which I think is standard/correct). The money factor he flashed real quick, and unfortunately, I failed to write it down!

So, my question to you all is...what is the best money factor I could hope for, and is 59% sound right for the residual? Ultimately, I need some advice on what's the best monthly payment I could hope for, w/$0 down (or close to it!), 36 months, 15k/yr. My credit is good...about 750.

Thanks for any help!
  • nelphusmdnelphusmd Member Posts: 3
    Hey CarMan,

Hoping you frequent the Mazda forum as you do the Ford. Fiance and I are both in need of cars and we're switching over from the Fords to Mazda's.

Can you give us the lease factors on 36mo/12k in North Carolina for:

1) Mazda6 Grand Touring

2) Mazda CX-5 Touring

you're the best CarMan, thank you!
    thanks for the info. one delaer wanted $420/36 month with 12000 miles, which I think is just way too much.
    In case I dont put any money down I was hoping to get the car for $350/36months - including taxes and fees and I think it is reasonable for the GT but the dealer didnt even want to hear.
    I read in this forum that someone gor the GT+FOO for $360/36 months including taxes.
    Do you think it is better to negotiate a lease with money or without money down? Really new to the lease and not sure how to approach this. Any suggestions?
    Thanks again
  • blondie1986blondie1986 Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

I currently lease a 2011 Acura TSX and am now looking at the 2014 Mazda Grand Touring. I currently pay $399/month to lease the Acura but I really like the Mazda. I need to know what I am looking at for a car payment for the Mazda either buying or leasing. If leasing I would need 15K miles/year and I live in Virginia. The Mazda was listed at around 31K and had him down to 28K. Can someone give me an idea of what I would be looking at paying either leasing or buying? I don't know what the residual is, I was hoping you could tell me.
    Acura is trying to keep me with them and put me in a new 2013 TSX for the same payment I pay now, $399.
    What do you think? Do you think it's possible to get the Mazda Grand Touring for less than $400? Or should I just stay with the Acura? (Acura as far less features than the Mazda) :(
    Honest opinions/thoughts please...
  • gene103gene103 Member Posts: 47
    First, if you got a price from the dealer, why are you asking us to tell you what you will need to pay? Why don't you just ask the dealer the monthly cost to buy or lease? We couldn't even help you if we wanted to - we don't know your credit and rates you would qualify for, the length of time you want to finance, the fees and taxes applicable to VA, etc.
    Second, you want to know if you can get it for $399. Have you read the recent posts? One person said they got $360 for one with MRCC and another said the dealer wouldn't accept $350 so it looks like mid 300's is the ballpark.
    Third, no way are you getting it for $28,000 unless you qualify for all incentives. Newman11's offer of $350 a month gives the dealer a lot more profit than your deal and it wasn't accepted.
    The less you pay at signing, the better. If your car is stolen or totalled, you lose everything you paid at signing so don't put any money down. I always put all the upfront costs into the lease (inception fees, doc fees, registration, etc.).
    Not sure what you mean by negotiating a lease with a down payment. When you are negotiating a lease, you are negotiating the price of the car and then applying the applicable money factor and residual to calculate the payment. The dealer won't care if you put any money down.
    I'm helping a friend of my mom find a good deal on a new lease before the lease on her current 2010 Infiniti expires at the end of this month! We were quoted $372/mo, $0/down, 12,000 miles per year on a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring.

FYI, Acura currently has a great lease deal on the 2013 TSX 'Base' Automatic 4-door- $0 due at lease signing, $330/month for 36 months, but just 10,000 miles per year.

If you step up to the TSX "Tech Pkg" it jumps to $400/month. So it's $70 more per month for Navigation and a stereo upgrade.
    Hi and thanks again. I have an offer on my 2009 Mazda6 and will be going to the dealer next week if eberything goes as planned.
    Do you know the residual and money factor on the new 6?
    My deal was done in April. At that time, the MF was .00045 and the residual was 60%. Since they are marketing the car as a 2014, I doubt the residual has changed. Good luck.
    Hi co_car_nut. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda 6 in Colorado is .00055 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I see that you are considering making a $2,800 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Consumers who pay a lot of money at signing risk losing part or all of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks nelphusmd. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year in North Carolina are .00055 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD are .00043 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • wordsmith419wordsmith419 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man do you have 10k and 12k mi per year on a Mazda 6 Sport AT in NY? Looking for money factor and residuals.

Thanks in advance!
  • xasthurxasthur Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    got a dealer offer for TOURING with TECH Package. MSRP ~$27,200...lease term is 36mo/10k miles... they want $328/mo with ~$1350 down(tax+1st mo).. is that a good?
    also they offered me $350/mo with the same down payment ~$1350 for the GRAND TOURING MSRP~$30,500.
    TIA
    If you viewed my post, you will see that I got the GT with MRCC for $360 in April. MRCC adds about $8 so I would be down to $352 without it. Mine would go down about another $12 if I did 10K mile per year so now I'm at $340. If you put the $1,000 for taxes into the lease, your payment would go to $380, so your lease would be $40 more than mine. Assuming the money factor and residual hasn't changed (do you know what they are for May?), then your dealer is making about $1,300 more than mine.
    Absolutely wordsmith419. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport AT with 12,000 miles per year in New York are .00027 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, I think you got it wrong for a 12K per year lease. The residual for the GT that I got last month was 60% so 56% for a Sport seemed low to me. I just visited
    http://www.driveamazda.com which is the site for NY/NJ/CT dealers and the Sport Automatic 12K lease has a residual of $13,974 which comes out to a 60% residual.
  • westisbestwestisbest Member Posts: 5
    CarMan, firstly: Thank You for your time spent helping others!

Secondly, please provide me (and others) Southern California money factor and residual value for 24 and 36 month, 10k and 12k miles, on Mazda 6 Grand Touring.

Love you! Thanks!
  • nelphusmdnelphusmd Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car_man and company,

any idea what the Doc fees in North Carolina should be? (I'm getting a Mazda6 GT) Also, is Gap Insurance typically listed as a cost on the lease breakdown or automatically included?

Acquisition Fee - 595
    Doc Fee - 489
    GAP - 595
    Title/Lic - 138.10

Appreciate all the help guys!
    Some leases include GAP insurance and on others it's an add on. Leases through Mazda Capital Services (actually Chase) include GAP insurance so the dealer is trying to pull one over on you. I asked the dealer if GAP was included and he said yes (just like my old Subaru lease thru Chase) but you scared me for a second so I called MCS to confirm.

According to truecar.com, average doc fee in NC is $478.
  • shellzshellz Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Sticker price was $31,190, which included the forward obstruction warning and radar guided cruise control. Dealer also threw in window tint and drove it in from Austin (gratis) since they didn't have one on the lot.

Selling price was $29,568 (which they claim was invoice) less the $1000 owner loyalty (we just bought a CX5 last month). Total due at signing was $400 (first month's payment plus $4.20) for a monthly payment of $395.80, which includes Texas 6.25% car sales tax on the entire value of the car ($1863). Residual was 59%. Money factor was .00055. 12,000 miles a year, 36 months.

If you're in the Houston area, I highly recommend Russell & Smith Mazda. This is the second car I've purchased from them in as many months. For both cars, I negotiated the price over phone and e-mail and just showed up to sign the paperwork, which took all of fifteen minutes. Very painless and almost enjoyable.
    Over Memorial Day weekend, Mazda had some pretty awesome lease specials listed for every trim level of the 2014 Mazda6. The one for the GT was $308/month for 36 months, $2200-ish due at signing, 10k miles per year...how does that compare with what I'd pay if I walked into a dealer today with $2200 in hand (1st payment included) and wanted a 36-month lease with 10k miles per year allowance?
    My deal was in April so it's apples to oranges but I will try to get it down to all apples as best I can. My lease was $360 with only first month payment due at signing for a GT with MRCC/FOW package. If I back out registration and tax, it would be about $332. It was for 12K miles, so I'll assume a 1.5% difference in residual. That would have brought down my paYment to $320 if I did 10K. The MRCC package added about $8 so if take that out, I'm at $312. This deal requires $2,200 due at signing (but check the fine print, it may not include dealer fees). Subtracting the $308 payment leaves about $1,900 and if you did not put in that down payment into the lease, the payment would go up $57 to $365. That's a difference of $53 between this deal and mine adjusted. I figure about $5 of that is due to an increase in the MF from Apr to May so $48 of the $53 relates to dealer profit so ballpark, I think he's making about $1,500 more on this deal than mine. Awesome, but unfortunately, for the dealer :(
    Thanks and you're very welcome westisbest :) . Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year in California are .00027 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 24-month lease of this car would be .00049 and 69%.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    A quick aside about doc fees. Doc fees are junk. They're nothing more than a way for dealers to pad their profit on deals. Before anyone jumps on me for bashing dealers, I'm not. I have the same opinion about destination charges that manufacturers deceptively split out on new vehicle prices.

The price should be the price, without any tricks ad trinkets to make it appear lower than it really is. Look at the doc fee as part of the vehicle's total selling price. It doesn't matter how the fees break down as long as you're getting the vehicle that you want for the lowest total selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbl_carguymbl_carguy Member Posts: 11
    Was just offered the following (I am in NC):

The MSRP - $25,290 (Touring model, no option packages)
    Sale Price - $24,000
    36 month lease, 10k miles per year
    Money Factor .00085
    Residual 58%
    Due at signing: $334 ($0, only first month payment)
    Monthly Payment: $334

Is this an ok deal? I've seen some slightly lower money factors and though the residual with 10k miles / year would be a little higher, but I'm thinking it's not the worst either? Car_Man, does this line up with the data you have?

Thanks.
    My reflex blue mica Mazda 6 GT with radar cruise control stickered for $31,290 here is Los Angeles. Dealer had Lo Jack installed already on the car, so the total sticker was 31,885.
    With A+ credit tier, I leased it for 36 month/10k miles with $1385 out of my pocket TOTAL, and my payment is $322.00 a month. Love the car. =]
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    can you share:
    sale price
    residual
    sales tax rate (unless tax was included as part of the $1395)
    money rate
    I love the Reflex Blue also. Just curious, did you get the Black or Almond interior?
    That residual looks low. My guess is that he is using a third party leasing company where he's making some additional fee rather than using Chase (Mazda Capital Services). Does the $334 include taxes (and if so, how does NC tax leases?), registration, doc fees and lease inception fee. Really can't comment without understanding all the components.
    Residual value for my Mazda 6 GT, after 36 month with 10k miles annually is 60%, here is SoCal. Sales tax is 9.25% - my $322 payment includes sales tax. Money rate is 0.00027. Sales price was couple of hundred dollars below $30K - don't remember exactly, and don't have docs in front of me. I also get a $1000 loyalty from Mazda because there is another person in the household who's currently leasing Mazda. As long as registering address is the same, one qualifies for this $1000 in loyalty. If not the damn Lo Jack My payment would have been low $300's.

Got at Galpin Mazda