Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mb_rynamb_ryna Member Posts: 95
    Here is what I leased last week. Sorry for the delay in posting the deal, but I've been too busy enjoying my first MB.

Inventory for 2011 was low. I could have waited until August until even better deals, but figured that would only make a $10-15/month difference...so why risk it?

2011 4-matic, sports MSRP $46,195 (which includes the below)
    * Steel Grey/Black $720
    * P1 $1,995
    * Rear Deck Spoiler $300
    * Multimedia/Command $2,700
    * Burl Walnut Wood Trim $325
    * 18" AMG wheels $1,040
    * Heated Seats $750
    * Destination fee $875

Selling price $39,000 (about 11.1% off + 2000 conquest). I know some of you have received 12% off.

As far as the lease is concerned, here are the details:
    * 3 year maint plan of $769 was mostly added to the residual, so that only added about $7/month.
    * I walked away from the deal when the dealer would not lower the acquisition fee from $1095 to $795. They finally did.
    * Traded in my 17 year old car for $1,000 and applied that towards ap cost reduction
    * Signed up for Autopay and therefore saved about $7/month

* 33 month, 27,500 mile lease
    * Gross Cap: 43425, less $1,000 reduction= $42425 adjusted cap
    * The above cap includes $2,338 of tax (Maryland taxes sales price of car, not leased portion)
    * Doc fees $199
    * Registion, title, etc $324
    * 3 year maint $769.
    * Residual value would normall be 64% of MSRP, but was higher $30,057 given some of the maint was rolled into it.

* $445/month....keep in mind that about $71 of this is taxes.
  • futurescapefuturescape Member Posts: 10
    Hmm. I have 2 questions:

1) when I leased my c300 sport here in florida, i
    Rolled my maintenance in for $769 but it added $11 per month for 33 months. Did I overpay?

2) I also added autopay, but they didn't tell me I would be saving $7 a month. How does that work?

I just got my lease 2 days ago. Can I still go back and ask for these 2 fixes?

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.
  • portsucksportsucks Member Posts: 2
    The conquest rebate of MB is $4000 now, enjoy it!
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited July 2011
    Can I still go back and ask for these 2 fixes?

You can certainly go back and ask, but I would think that once the deal is done and you are driving the car, they will not be too ready to re-do the entire deal because you found better numbers on the internet.
    Futurescape,

Sorry I made a calculation mistake...the maintenance ended up being $9/month, not $7. Yours could be $11 - just depends on the lease term and how much of the maintenance they residualized. This is standard MB corporate "stuff", so I don't think your dealer is playing any games that you could go back to and challenge them.

On the autopay, I had them run the payments with and without autopay. Dealer was trying to make me call customer care at a later date and sign up, but I told them I want it up front.

I agree with someone elses comment that was posted stating that the dealer most likely won't redo the deal.
  • futurescapefuturescape Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for your response. Regarding the autopay, my dealer in florida which is autonation said there was no discount for autopay. Was your dealer part of automation? Can you explain how the autopay discount works as the mercedes website doesn't mention any discounts.

Thanks. Jose.
  • john420john420 Member Posts: 97
    Isn't the conquest discount only $2,000 on the c-class? Did they change the discount and if so when?

Thanks
  • bderushbderush Member Posts: 24
    Just want to make sure i am getting a good deal -

2011 C300 Sport

MSRP 42250

Selling price $37500 (includes $2000 conquest cash)

33 Months

63% residual

Money Factor 00.0109

$390 per month plus tax with $2200 out of pocket
    I don't think it's a good deal. Selling prices should be 35180 (42250, less 12% discount, less 2000). Make sure that the acquisition fee is $795 and not higher.

Honestly, I'd wait until Aug 1 or later for even better deals. There is plenty of inventory out there for the 42,245 MSRP range so you don't have much risk of getting the color, etc you may want. Conquest is going on until 8/31.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely wait it out.
  • nevets8nevets8 Member Posts: 32
    In your last reply, you mentioned that the conquest deal is on til 8/31. Every document I've seen says it expires 7/31. Would that change by area? (I'm in South Florida)
    edited July 2011
    About two weeks ago, I called the MB Customer Care to check on the expiration of Conquestion. They said 8/31. However, your question made me double check and I called the Customer Care this morning.

Here is what they said:
    1) There is an 8/31 conquest going on, but that is for those that have received a mailing.

2) For those that have not received a mailing, then conquest can be attained via dealers until 8/1.

Hopefully, we don't a different answer calling again. Here is the number if you want to get your own answer directly.

Call the MB Customer Care. Dial the roadside number (800-367-6372) and press the appropriate numbers to get to a rep. You'll need to punch in your phone number, select option 6, then option 4.
    Hi Car_man,

I just was quoted the following:

C300 sport with P1 package. MSRP $39,055
    discounts are $5034 (includes conquest)

final selling price is $34,815 with dealer add ons

Here's the challenge:

Dealer is using different money factor than standard MB terms : .00139 (instead of .00109) to make "some money on the deal" . They are also jacking up the dealer prep to $1095 instead of the normal $795.

for 10K miles and 33 months, the payment comes to $431/month (includes tax).

Is this a good deal?
  • driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    I'm not car_man, but I'll offer my two cents. It's a horrible deal. Just a rough calculation, but your payment should be under $400 a month. Your residual is higher at 10,000 miles, so your payments will be lower. Be firm in telling the dealer you will not accept inflated money factors and a higher acquisition fee.
    Thanks. Based on my calculation, the payment should be $396, using their discount and the standard MB rates (63%/.00109 MF). Thanks for the feedback!

I guess i will have to take my chances on the conquest "expiring".
    One thing I did overlook, how much is due at signing?
    just under $1500. (1st months' payment, registration, tags, doc fee, and some other minor stuff) . That's what they call "nothing down!"
    I'll add my two cents too. The issue is the pricing from this specific dealer...even if you wait until August, you'll still get an inflated payment because the dealer is not giving you a decent deal.

I'd give the final numbers to the dealer with a take it or leave it situation or go to another dealer. You have a good chance right now as it is the end of the month and some dealers need to make their quota. I'd only gamble for August if you want even a better deal than what you could get in July. Here is what it should be for July.

Selling price should be $32368 (MSRP $39,055, less 12%, less 2000 conquest). Okay...max of 32,600 if dealer is not giving as deep of a discount as I mentioed).

MF: .00109 (top tier credt)
    Acquision Fee: 795 (which is what MB charges...don't let dealer mark it up)

One thing you may want to check as well when you go to another dealer is the residual value. It's set by MB and not by the dealer. I purchased in July and received 64% for 33 months, 10000 miles a year. It is my understanding that it's 63% when you go for 12,500 miles a year instead.
    That is fantastic feedback! I already contacted the other local dealers (even though they are all owned by the same company). I've given them the metrics to work against.

thanks for your help!
    Not a bad strategy, but be careful as your sales lead information may also be in their database. However, dealers owned by the same parent company will often compete against each other. And just to echo what mb_ryna said, I'd push for doing the deal this month because you will often have more leverage with a dealership who still needs to make quota. Just remember to be polite, but firm. Let us know if we can help!
    Turns out they are moving in the right direction, but each one uses their own MF, so none of their numbers come close to what I calculate, using the standard 64%, .00109 MF numbers.

I also just learned that the information on the website for these cars are not accurate. They all claim to have rear airbags, which they don't, and the seats are plastic (MB-Tex). My wife and I were overwhelmed by the odor when we took a test drive, and we just assumed it was new car plastic from the dash, etc...

I didn't think there was a car out there over $30K without leather seats!
  • gmichaelgmichael Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, I am coming out of a 2009 ML 350 4 matic and am over the miles by 2K the dealer said he would way the turn in fee $595 and wash the miles if I leased a new car. Well with economy conscious times he offered me a C 300 luxury with Nav for $3000 total out of pocket and $495/month for 33 months. This sounded high. Could anyone tell me what is a good deal for a C class like this?
    Thanks
    G
  • lastsamurailastsamurai Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone:

Currently shopping for a 2011 C300. I have a 2008 that is very near end of its lease.

Here is the latest lease quote. Based on the numbers shared in this thread, it seems to be an awful deal, but I would love your feedback.

Options:
    No Nav
    P1 package

Sales price: $39,055
    Discount: $4,173
    Net Price $34,882

Doc, Bank and tax ($599 +836 + 41)

Total Price: $36,358

$0 down, 33 month lease; 7,500 miles/year; $443/month (includes tax)
    Money factor .00109; Residual 63%

Here is the big issue that I have. No nav! 2012 is just about to come out. Surely, 2011 will become less valuable. Don't they want to move 2011s?

Plus so many other people in this thread had far higher MSRPs and ended up with far lower lease payments. I have verified the lease calc so that appears correct. It seems that the selling price is too high AND the discount is not deep enough. Your thoughts?

What am I missing? Should consider buying out of state? Is that even possible?
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2011
    For a 2012 c 250 automatic with one package )(we are not sure about the price right now).

Lets say 39k and
    12000 miles a year
    top tier credit score and a
    residual like 2011 rwd 300c
    36 months period

if I pay 350 including the tax every month, what should be down payment for a real good deal. I do not wanna calculate it the other way because I do not wanna deal with salespeople. I will just choose the car and ask for the down.
    This is in CA.

Thanks for your ideas in advance.

And IMO , no one should buy a 2011 right now. The new model is way advance than the old one in terms of interior design, exterior design, fuel efficiency and a lot more. Cause last year I leased an accord 2011 and at the end they give me the same rates as 2010 which seemed impossible when I start neg.
  • sublimes9sublimes9 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

After being in school for a zillion years and working really hard, I have decided to lease this car:

2011 C300 Sport 4matic

Options: Burl Trim
    Heated Seats

This is what they are quoting me (they're actually pressuring me pretty hard saying that this is an impeccable deal - they can probably tell I'm fresh meat in this game).

Selling price: 39,500
    Term: 33 months/12000 miles per year

$2500 up front.

They said I qualified for the highest credit tier, and my monthly payments are $444 before taxes. Is this a good deal? They are charging me upfront for the lease acquisition fee of $895 (part of the 2500 upfront).

Thank you in advance for your help/input/advice.
    That doesn't seem like a good deal. In order to be sure, you need to know the MSRP, Selling Price, and the Money Factor.

The Payment sounds very high, and I wouldn't spend that much on a downpayment. I recently was offered a C300 that was 42k sticker for $390 a month plus tax with about 2k down.
    Congrats on the hard work! You can easily get the vehicle described for about $1,000 below the selling price that they are quoting. I'd be glad to assist you in negotiating. Please e-mail me at chadaikers@yahoo.com if I can be of assistance. I'm happy to help anyone else who needs it.
    Very bad deal...please provide the details so that we can help you.

According to what you wrote, the MSRP of a car with those options is 40,160 (assuming you paid for paint). So a selling price of 39500 is quite bad.

According to the lease calculator I used, you should be paying about $335 + tax.

Please send out details... mainly MSRP, residual % or amount, and money factor.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    What is that ? And where are ya'll located to get 12% off ? Dealers in Dallas give $500 bucks off if you don't want it hit the door.....

Regards,
    DL :mad:
  • c300buyerc300buyer Member Posts: 4
    Can I get the MF and Residual on a 2011 C300 Luxury 4Matic Sedan
    1) 33 mo, 13k miles
    2) 33 mo, 15k miles
    3) 36 mo, 13k miles
    4) 36 mo, 15k miles

Thanks
  • sublimes9sublimes9 Member Posts: 2
    I apologize, I forgot to mention that it also had the P1 package...

So 2011 C300 Sport 4matic with P1 package, burl trim, heated seats

They claim MSRP: 42,110
    Selling Price: 39,500 (I did not qualify for any conquest deal)
    But I was told that I qualified for a rising star program that MB has since I have just graduated from school.

Lease term: 33 Months 12,000 miles/year
    Upfront: $2500
    Residual: 63% of MSRP
    Money Factor: .00109

Payments are coming to $424 + tax.
  • pacrnapacrna Member Posts: 2
    I wouldnt go for it, the sales price is really high, especially for a 2011 model this time in the year and when a updated model is right around the corner.

They should take off another $2200 the sales price, their msrp is also appears inflated.

If they wont give u off go somewhere else.
  • c300buyerc300buyer Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    I am looking into leasing a 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic with the following options -
    Premium 1 Package
    Palladium Silver Metallic
    Heated Front Seats
    MSRP is 41,830
    Edmunds states the TMV is 37,322 With conquest cash (2000), the net sale price should be 35,322 (right?)
    The lease would be 33 months, and I am looking into either 12k miles or 15k miles per year.
    What would the residual percentage and money factor be?
    I have been quoted $428 for 12k miles (dealer said this was 54%,0.00109 MF)and $455 for 15k miles (dealer said this was 53%,0.00109 MF).
    Also, cash down includes $1000 acquisition fee and $499 doc fee. The acquisition fee seems high.
    Are either of these negotiable?
    Thanks for the help.
  • prosenthalprosenthal Member Posts: 5
    Luxury vs. Sport which one?

Yesterday;s offer:

2011 C300 Luxury Sedan
    P1
    NAV
    Multimedia
    $44,000 discounted to $40,000 (round #'s)
    33 months
    15,000 miles (my request)
    Money factor .00099
    Residual 61%
    Acquisition Fee $895
    I put down $3,000
    Monthly payment = $373 Advice appreciated
  • lorenzomialorenzomia Member Posts: 5
    C300 Sport
    with Ipod dock, AMG wheels, spoiler, wood trim, beige interior, red paint.

$450/mo with Tier B credit. (dealer claims my credit was a Turn down, then Tier4..then Tier3.. finally convincing the bank of giving me a Tier2)

$470/mo Tax in, 33 months, 12k miles. Sign and Drive

My friends with Tier1 got the same car with $435/mo Sign and Drive.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gmichael. $495 per month does sound a little on the high side. The payments for C Class models will vary depending upon how they are equipped. The more expensive the car, the higher its payment will be. What is the MSRP, and ideally the selling price, of the C that you are interested in? Let us know and we will be able to provide you with much better feedback on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi lastsamurai. In theory, one would think that it would be much less expensive to lease a vehicle at the end of the model year because both the dealer and the manufacturer want to unload all of their remaining leftover vehicles to make room for the new model year vehicles. However, in reality this is not always the case. Vehicles' residual values generally fall as the model year progresses. As a result, manufacturers have to provide an increasing amount of lease support on them just to keep the payment the same as the moths pass. Sometimes automakers have awesome lease deals on vehicles near the end of the model year, but at some point it becomes too expensive for them to maintain competitive payments and they actually pull the plug on their lease support.

I actually don't think that the selling price that you were quoted on this car is that bad. It's probably not much over dealer invoice minus the available owner loyalty cash. You may want to see if you can get the dealer to use one of its Customer Advocacy certificates on your deal to make it even more attractive. Other than that I don't see much room to negotiate here.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings to the appropriately named c300buyer. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mercedes-Benz Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33 month lease of a 2011 C300 Luxury 4Matic Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 63%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00109 and 55%.

If you were to lease this car with 15,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikeininmikeinin Member Posts: 1
    Help. C300 MSRP $44,435 w/NAV and P1 and rear spoiler
    33 months
    $28,738 residual
    I believe MF .00109
    10,000 miles/year
    $4,000 down
    $795 acquisition fee
    $920 Protection for You (prepaid maintenance)
    $150 doc fee
    $1.25 tire tax
    Sales tax is 7%
    $399.90 quoted payment

Quote I was given was $2,000 of MSRP plus $2,000 Conquest so price down to $40,435. I was told they would not come down a penny more. This payment doesn't seem right and from what I'm reading here, it seems they should come off MSRP more than $2k before the conquest amount. We have two dealers in town. Haven't been to the other yet but I will go there if anyone thinks getting a second quote would help.

If that is sufficient info, can anyone help and tell me if this payment seems accurate and if the price seems fair? Thanks.
  • bottomsupbottomsup Member Posts: 36
    Have you checked Trucar? In my area no haggle price quoted by dealers on a c300 have been tad below the dealer cost. In your case I would think you should be getting about $4000 off msrp not $2000. I leased a pretty much a bare bones c300 which had a msrp ~$37K and I was able to get $4000 off msrp + $2000 for conquest.
  • bottomsupbottomsup Member Posts: 36
    The thing is you won't get these type of discounts on a 2012. You get what you pay for. 2011's are worth it if you are getting a great deal. If not just wait for the 2012.
  • jcrew2007jcrew2007 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal?

2011 C300 Sport Sedan 4matic
    P1
    NAV
    Multimedia
    Heated seats
    $44,000 discounted to $39,000 (rounded #'s)
    33 months
    15,000 miles
    Money factor .00109
    Residual 67%
    Acquisition Fee $1095
    Trade-in $7,000
    Monthly payment = $298

Any input?
  • mbz123mbz123 Member Posts: 4
    What are they offering due at signing, if you are handing over $7000 then no that's not a good deal.
  • bwong06bwong06 Member Posts: 43
    Hi Car_Man - can I get the residuals and MF on a C350, 12k miles, 33 month lease.

Thanks
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    The deal itself may not be that bad. Roughly equals $500 per month with nothing down. One just should not put any money down on a lease. If the car gets stolen or totaled all that money will be gone.
  • akshatpakshatp Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Im getting a 2011 C300 white/tan, Sport, P1, MM, iPod MSRP $44435

Final numbers $1900 up front, 33 months @ $440 a month.
    This includes $1500 loyalty cash rebate, and they are taking my current lease in 4 months early.

MB of Morristown NJ

Good?
    Hi bwong06. Mercedes-Benz Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1" credit tier. I don't think that Mercedes is running anything special on 33 month leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • travish1travish1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi. Is this a good deal?

2011 C300 Sport Sedan 4matic

options:
    Iridium Silver Metallic
    iPod Integration Kit
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated Front Seats
    Premium 1 Package
    Lighting Package
    18" AMG Wheels
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim

MSRP: $45,645

Cap: $43,500

33 months
    12,000 miles
    Money factor .00099
    Residual 63%
    Trade-in $798
    Sales Tax = 8.6%
    Monthly payment = $605.20

They said that my trade in will cover all of the fees(acquisition fee & such).

Any input?
  • bts2011bts2011 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All - i am new to lease and trying to get my first luxury car. I'm talking to one of my local dealers and got these numbers

MB 2012 C300 sports 4matic

Options:
    Multimedia Package
    panorama sunroof
    Heated front seats

36 months
    15k/yr

MSRP: $45600
    Selling price: $43628.29
    residual value is $28272.00
    Out of Pocket $2024
    Monthly payment: $639 Inc taxes

It looks like a very bad deal but i dont know much about the residual and MF as well as the new 2012 model like if there are any special deals that i am not aware of. I have decent credit. Please Help!!!
  • bts2011bts2011 Member Posts: 2
    MB C300W4. A 2011 Black/ Black Premium I Pkg, Multi Media, Sport
    monthly payment : $499
    $2059 out of pocket.
    MSRP is $44435
    selling price $42000
    the money factor is .00099 (Auto Pay)
    residual : 22661.85
    48 month lease with 15000 miles a year.

Please advise
This discussion has been closed.