Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Looking to lease a 2011 MB C300 and got the following deal today:

2011 C300 Multimedia Package, Deck Spoiler, Auto, Wood Trim, Heated Seats & Satellite Radio.

MSRP: 41,750
    Selling Price: 36,250 (3,500 off sticker + 2,000 Conquest Cash=5,500 off)

I am trading in a BMW that I owe 34,407.58 and was offered 29,000 for that. Negative Equity rolled into lease with tax savings and all included: payments comes out too:

$543 month
    48 Month/10K a year
    Residual: $22,545 (told 54%)
    MF:.00175

Is this a good deal. I am putting only first month's payment and $300 for fees down. Everything else is in the $543 payment.

Also, is that MF correct? I have read .00109 everywhere for Tier A on 33 month leases. Does the same apply for 48 months? He made it seem like .00175 is the standard 48 month term rate regardless of whether its Tier A or B credit.

Can you confirm that for me? What are your thoughts on the deal? Thanks!!
  • themercguythemercguy Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Here is the deal that I signed off on a few weeks ago:

2011 C300 Sport 4Matic
    MSRP: $42,530 (Premium1, heated seats, wood trim)
    Sale Price: $38,277 (+ $400 doc fee waived)
    Residual: 63%
    Factor: .00109
    Term: 33 month/12k

Now I got a call from the dealer and he said that the lease document wasn't accepted by MB Finance because they had put monthly payment due date as 30th of every month (did not consider Feb). They have sent me a new lease to sign with all the numbers exactly the same but the start date is 2 days after the day I picked up the car (it was a Sat). They say it should be ok and it only means I got 2 days for free.

Should I go ahead and sign? Any issues?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,219
    I don't see any issues with it.. just make sure all of the lease parameters are the same...

That's weird, though... We have a lease through BMW that is due on the 30th, as that's the day I leased it... In February, the due date is the 28th or 29th, whichever applies...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    The selling price that you were quoted looks very attractive. The money factor that you were quoted looks slightly high though. As you have read, Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate is .00109 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. That factor should be available on 48 month leases. Overall, considering the attractive selling price I'd say that this is a reasonable deal, but obviously it would be better if you could get the dealer to drop the mark-up on the money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for your response. I am also not convinced with his excuse to sign a new lease agreement. My worry is about the status of the car two days that I had it before the new agreement begins (for that matter its staus right now since MB Finance has not signed off on it). Not sure if it has any implications on warranties/liabilities. I have asked him to send me an email request so at least I have this situation documented.
  • travish1travish1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi. Is this a good deal? Anyway I can get the payments lower?

2011 C300 Sport Sedan 4matic

options:
    Iridium Silver Metallic
    iPod Integration Kit
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated Front Seats
    Premium 1 Package
    Lighting Package
    18" AMG Wheels
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim

MSRP: $45,645

Cap: $43,500

33 months
    12,000 miles
    Money factor .00099
    Residual 63%
    Trade-in $798
    Sales Tax = 8.6%

Fees are as follows:
    $1,095 acquisition fee
    $150 documentation fee
    $110 License
    $7.50 US Government fee

$722.70 due at signing (first month's payment + licensing + gov't fee)
    $605.20 monthly payment for 32 months following

Credit is 802.

Is this a good deal? Anyway I can get the payments lower?

Thanks!!
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Member Posts: 23
    How did they waive doc/ registration fee? I got 455 licence fee + 180 doc fee.
  • skibum3skibum3 Member Posts: 5
    Here is what I was offered today. I should be taking delivery on Tuesday:

2012 C300 Sport Sedan 4matic
    Black/Almond

Premium 1 Package
    •Power front seats with driver memory
    • Split-folding rear seats
    • SIRIUS¨ satellite radio
    • 4-way power lumbar support (driver only)
    • iPod/MP3 Media Interface (in center console)
    • Harman/kardon LOGIC7¨ surround-sound system
    • Heated Front Seats

Comand Launch Package
    • COMAND-based navigation system w/3D map views
    • 7" color display
    • Gracenote media database
    • Single disc CD/DVD changer
    • SD card slot
    • 10GB hard drive w/Music Register
    • SiriusXM real-time traffic service
    • voice control

MSRP $42,650
    Sell Price $38,840 ($114 over invoice plus $1500 corporate discount)
    42 months
    12,000 miles
    Money factor .00172 (autopay option)
    Residual 61%

Due at signing:
    Acquisition Fee $795
    Doc fee $249
    Govt Fees $412
    Monthly payment = $460
    Total: $1916

Monthly payment (including 7% tax and 3 yr maintenance plan): $460.00

Thoughts?
  • mortiennemortienne Member Posts: 30
    Unless I've missed something, using those numbers I get $558 per month including tax, not $605. Can someone else check?
  • ayers976ayers976 Member Posts: 4
    You can lower your monthly by paying your acquisition fee up front (and see if you can lower it to $795).

Do most people recommend paying that up front?
    How did you get the .00099 Money Factor?
    Thanks for the reply. I will see if I can get them to lower the acquisition fee when I start negotiating with them.

That was the money factor that they gave me when I first talked to them about it.

Thanks
  • jenjen79jenjen79 Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car Man,

I was hoping you could provide Mercedes-Benz Finance's September buy rate lease money factor (the most recent posted appears to be August's) and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 C250 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year. Also, do you have any advice on what the purchase price on this car should be? I tried to get a TMV, but have been unsuccessful because it appears that Edmunds doesn't have the prices for the packages & options on this vehicle yet. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • cooldude1015cooldude1015 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2011
    Recently leased a 2011 C300 4MATIC w/ Premium 1 & Multimedia with an MSRP of $45,155 and got it for $41,000.

Getting the feeling that I was ripped off.

First suspicious thing was that they said that the lease required a mandatory first year maintenance (to my understanding that would just be changing the oil and some checking) but they said it cost $2,280. The dealer would pay for the first basic maintenance (oil change?) for $285. So I was charged $1,995 which is charged throughout the life of the lease. They said the price was also residualized by MBUSA.

Overall sounds like I got fleeced could anyone lend some input?
    They quoted me $10 a month at the dealer for the 33 month for all of the required maintenance for 30,000 miles.

Go to build a car on mbusa.com and look at "Mercedes-Benz Star Service Prepaid Maintenance for 3 years or 30,000 miles". Click on it and read the description. It says that if you build it into your lease it is $10/month.

I would check with mbusa if they really require a contract for the first year. I highly doubt they do. It is required that you do the maintenance, but I don't think it is required that you have the service pre-paid or anything like that. I would drop MB an email or call them.

Also see http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/maintenance
  • driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    No place in the contract does it state that the lease must include a mandatory first year maintenance. Unfortunately, your dealer went to the extreme in making profit, as the MB Star Service pre-paid maintenance contracts aren't even that high. It absolutely amazes me what some dealers will do.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jenjen79. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 C250 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

While I am not intimately familiar with what the current market is like for it, if I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $1,000 over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenjen79jenjen79 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your prompt response and helpful advice.
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Carman
    How are you?
    I've seen the post for money factor and Residual value for 2012 C Class and GL450.
    I need to double check as I am planning to lease these 2 cars this weekend
    for 2 yrs lease
    C250 2 yrs - 10K miles - what is the MF and Residual?
    GL450 2011 - 2 yrs 12 K. I've seen the residual 67% which I think is very high. Is it for real?
    And someone got 14K off with USAA discount seem not real. I've leased more than 20 various MB, BMW and never seen such a discount for new car. Even a DEMO will not be that low

Thank you
  • cooldude1015cooldude1015 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks guys, simply shocking as I questioned him and asked him if this was mandatory and if this was a trick. When I said that I didn't want to do so he starting questioning my income and various other demeaning comments.

I called MBUSA and they have noted this and will be calling the sales manager about this to hopefully resolve this.

Thanks for your help!
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Cant believe at this day and age - there are still Stupid Salespeople.....
    Make a BIG deal with the manager.
    The fees on my lease are:

Aquisition: $795
    Title/Registration: $129

There is a vehicle turn in fee of $500 if I do not buy the car at the end of the lease.
    This looks like a pretty good deal for a 2012 model. Btw, I used the build your own car tool with the options you have mentioned above and the MSRP came out close to $44,000. You sure about the MSRP?
    He has the command package, not the multimedia package. I make the MSRP to be $42325 which is close enough :)
  • skibum3skibum3 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks themercguy and mortienne:

Correct, the other option was Burl Walnut Trim for $325.

P01 Premium Package 1 $2500
    COMAND Single Disk Package $930 (BTW...this package is a steal and apparantly is only offered for the launch of the 2012 model, then will revert to the six disk changer package for $2790. The only difference between the two packages is a single disk CD vs six disk changer).
    That package is a great deal. I was looking to pick up a G37 with premium and nav this weekend, but the command option brings the C350 right back into the game.
    We also have an MB dealer locally (but not Infiniti), so that will tip things in the C350's favour. Unfortunately the local guys won't discount the 2012s at all (they're only doing $500 off sticker for the 2011s!), so it's road trip time again :)
    Thanks for the reply. How would I get it down to $399?
    You're very welcome jenjen79.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm doing well, thanks tleco. Wow two cars this weekend. You're busy.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 C250 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 74%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for a 24 month, 12k lease of a 2012 GL450 are .00126 and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're not going to get it to that without a cap reduction or a better selling price. Paying the standard $795 acquisition up front should shave $35 a month or so off.
    Greetings. Car man, could you kindly let me know the current mf and residuals for the 2012 C350 sport sedan. Can you provide the numbers for 36 months / 10,000 and 36 month / 12,000 miles. Also, are there any 33 month leases on this model. Thanks.
  • sonic1002sonic1002 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I'm new to leasing and trying to read up on everything I can before making a final decision on this car. I'm hoping for some advice on an offer that I received this weekend. I'm looking to lease a C300, but feeling that this deal isn't the best I can do. Thoughts?

2011 C300
    Sport package
    Premium one package
    multimedia package
    MSRP 42,845 - dealer will come down to 41,000
    33 month term
    7,500 miles allowed per year (I drive about 2,000 miles per year but still, this allowance seems very low)
    Credit of 2,000 for conquest offer (I currently own an Acura)
    Payment including taxes, $457.82
    Residual, $27,849
    2,000 cash outlay which covers the first payment, license fees, tax on the payment, lease acquisition fee, and doc fee of $150.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
    From what I can work out, it looks like they're working on a residual of 65% and the August 33 month money factor of 0.00099. That mileage allowance looks very low. How certain are you that your circumstances won't change over the next 3 years?
    I can't find any September 33 month rates at the moment. Maybe Car Man can assist?
    If I only did 2000 miles/yr, I'd look to buy a two or three year old car... and just keep it for 5-6 years...

Leasing seems like it would be a very high cost per mile...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just to give you some insight, that deal is horrible. I leased the same MSRP vehicle last month. 33 months/ 15,000 miles a year. My residual was 61% with a money factor of .00109. I did qualify for the $2000 conquest rebate and with that, the selling price was $35,500. I paid $1380 at signing and have payments of under $450 a month, with tax. So essentially, my residual was lower, my money factor was higher and yet my payments are lower than those they're quoting you. Bottom line, your dealer needs to come down on the selling price. Are you in an area that has other MB dealers?
    Yes I am. I actually have three or four other dealers in my area!
    Shop it around. With 2012 models already in showrooms, a dealer should most likely offer you the car at invoice or below. Let me know if I can help you.
    I want to profusely thank everyone who responded to my initial post on leasing. Completely due to the guidance of those who responded, I was able to negotiate a much better deal. I structured my offer essentially exactly like driversedge posted. I used edmunds.com to come up with a "true" MSRP for my area, versus the more inflated MSRP that the dealer was using. I tinkered around with some of the options on the vehicle as I realized I didn't really need a completely tricked out vehicle. I used the same MF as driversedge, because I don't know what the new one is for September. Does this offer look competitive to y'all?

MSRP 36,332 (true MSRP from edmunds.com)
    Base Cap Cost 34,332 (2,000 concession from dealer)
    Cap Cost Reductions 4,000 (2,000 downpayment, 2,000 conquest rebate)
    Net Cap Cost 30,332
    Lease End Residual Value 61%
    Money Factor .00109
    Term of lease 33 months
    Mileage 15K
    Sales tax 9.8%

Monthly payment = $312.21 + 30.60 tax = total payment $342.81
    I'd be happy to help you out mortienne. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 C350 Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • arajkarajk Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Is the residual % calculated of MSRP or the discounted price( price agreed between me and the dealer)
    MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• waltisafoxwaltisafox Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has specifically been discussed but I am new to leasing and have been up to my neck in research this week after totalling my car last week. I am looking to lease a 2011 C300 Sport out of Newport Beach, CA and am just now learning was lease rates/residuals/etc. are and why they matter (like I said, I am SUPER new to all this :)).

Anyway, would appreciate any and all help regarding this stuff...I am looking to lease for 36 months. I have an appointment with a dealer who has advised he can do what I've required (with 3500 down, 300 monthly with maintenance) but I just don't know what the other factors are and what I should be looking for as a red flag. Any help is so very appreciated!
  • bmw6227bmw6227 Member Posts: 4
    I'm new to leasing and am trying to pick up this 300sport(2012) with an MSRP at 40,500.

I'm hoping to get a payment at $400.

Do you guys think I can manage that with a $2000 down payment?
    Would prefer $0 down.

Any idea of the October MF and Residual?

Any advice would help.

Love this forum, been trolling forever, thanks for your help.
    Greetings waltisafox. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bmw6227. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 C300 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the car that you want I can tell you if your target payment is attainable.

Car_man
    Host
  • deal_makerdeal_maker Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I was just at a south Florida dealer and saw the October 2011 C-Class sheet:

30 mos
    10K miles
    70% residual
    .00195 = Tier 1 money factor * this seems very high when bank rates are near 0

Conquest = (2,000) discount

The dealers do have the ability to upgrade miles and play with residual. For example, my saleswoman gave us 12K miles for same 70% vs. lower 67% residual from another Benz dealer.

Dealer agreed to (3,100) discount off MSRP of $40,470.... so another whopping ($1,100) off.

Add $795 lease fee + $599 dealer fee into the lease payment (not cash at delivery)

NET PAYMENT W/ TAX = $507

* pay tag/title/reg fee cash at delivery + 1st mo. pmt

BETTER DEALS OUT THERE?
  • dm46dm46 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_ man so trying to negotiate better deal for c300 sports,p1, s32, rear view camera ...sticker price around 44130 , sale price 41200+ Tax 7%
    what is the money factor/residual for october, 10k/12k/15k

initiallly i was offered Money factor 0.0021 (which was awefully high) at one dealer.( I have perfect credit 800+), is benz leasing varies from dealer to dealer(or state to state) and do they change during the month? (one dealer told me that they would change today for october)

Thanks in advance
  • bmw6227bmw6227 Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man

Your awesome.

The car is 2012 c250 sport with an msrp of $40520. (prem1, com disc nav & voice, pano roof, burl wood)

They gave me a cap cost of 35,634. However, that included $2000 conquest cash which I probably wont qualify for.

Assuming I do, they gave me .00195 MF, 71% residual, 15/36 $2000 down
    $457 monthly plus tax.

Is this a good deal assuming I get the conquest cash, and if not what might be a fair monthly.

Thanks again
    Hi dm46. Mercedes-Benz Financial's special lease program usually does not vary by region nor does it usually change mid-month.

Its October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 C300W with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher. The 10k residuals are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks bmw6227. The money factor that the dealer quoted you is right on the money (tough I don't think that the residual is right...too high). The selling price that you were quoted looks good, too.

The elimination of the conquest cash would likely result in an increase of $50 to $60 per month in this car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • dm46dm46 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_man for your quick response.
    Are the rates same for 2012 c300 4matic sports.....Residual/MF for 10k/12k/15k for october 2011
This discussion has been closed.