Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sunnyfl1sunnyfl1 Member Posts: 19
    Hi deal maker,

seems to me that you got a decent deal, would you mind sharing the SFL dealer and the sales person?

Thank you in advance
  • marcusaurelimarcusaureli Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone, I am looking at getting this car. Does anyone know what the October 36 mo residuals and MF are for Tier 1? 15K miles per year.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide! Also interested in the sedan rates if you have those.

Dealers say they are not taking anything off MSRP for these cars as they are brand new. Is that true?

Marc
  • arajkarajk Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I wanted to know if it is worth getting a prepaid package of $769 for 3 years, 30,000 mile maintanence.

why is so expensive. I need to go for service only every 10K. what does it involve. If I am leasing do i have to do it a mercedes benz dealership?

is it better to just pay when you go for service ?

Also I am getting a 63 % residual with a money factor of 0.00109 for this car for a 12 K 33 month lease. is that a good deal. for october is there a lower money factor for 2011 C300?

Thanks
    Anand
  • bazzarbazzar Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this forum, I see many of you get quotes for lease with payment breakdown, I contacted several dealers and none of them bothered to respond, all they want is your butt there and make a deal. How do you guys get quotes?
  • jackstacksjackstacks Member Posts: 2
    My Lexus GS was totaled and I was looking to purchase a 2012 C-Class either a coupe or sedan. It looks like the coupe must have a higher residual value because a $48,000 coupe has the same monthly payment as a $44,000 sedan. Do I qualify for a conquest rebate, and what can I expect to get off the msrp? Going to the dealership on Monday and I want to get the best price as my car credit is only 617 but my Transunion score is 705. Any idea on on what less then top tier money factor might be? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome dm46. Mercedes' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C300W 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 62%, respectively.

The residuals for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher. The 10k resids are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Marc. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C63 AMG with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Anand. The pre-paid maintenance package sounds a little expensive to me. Sure, maintenance at Mercedes' dealers is pricey, but all you really have to do is make sure that you have your vehicle's oil changed on a regular basis and you should be fine.

The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jackstacks. If your Lexus was just totaled I suspect that there is a good chance that you would indeed qualify for the conquest cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • jackstacksjackstacks Member Posts: 2
    Thanks car_man seems like I am eligible based on what I read. It looks like the 27 and 39 month leases are best. What are the money factor and residual values for the 2012 C250/350 coupe and C350 sport sedan? 15k miles 27 and 39 months.

I was possible looking to buy at the end of the lease, anyone know what the buy back rate would be?
  • marcusaurelimarcusaureli Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Car Man! Kind of a bummer how much lower these residuals are than the regular C-class. Not to mention the MF's. I wanted the Edition 1 coupe, but at 80K with those numbers the payment is over $1200 with 5 grand down, pretty hard to justify.
  • rw72rw72 Member Posts: 1
    I can't come up with the number, bmw6227...

If your Net Cap Cost is $35634
    MF - 0.00195
    Residual - 71% (Based on these 2 factors, it seems like a 30month lease, and I was told by dealer that MB gives 6 month grace period with the lease owner for the same deal... so, yes, you actually get 36 month for the lease)
    15000k / 36month with $2000 down...

I think your lease should around $370. Car man - Am I right?
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi
    I am considering leasing this vehicle for 36 or 39 months/12,000 per year in NY. The factory invoice is $39,189 (includes base vehicle, options, ad fee, destination fee) and they would sell the car for $38,939. I currently lease an Acura TL so I would get a $1500 conquest discount bring the price down to $37,439 + tax and fees. Can you give me a sense of the money factor and residual value of this car and the approximate lease cost per month? You guys have been terrific in helping me lease cars in the past.

Thanks
  • ppattersonppatterson Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2011
    Hello:
    I'm a USAA member and interested in a 2012 C Class Luxury. I want P1, and metallic color. According to MBUSA.com the final prices is $39315. As a USAA member with Tier-1 credit and $2000 downpayment, what should I expect in terms of the capitalized cost and the monthly lease payment.

Thanks.
  • gattanigattani Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    Hi Leasing gurus,
    Trying to lease a C350 Sedan.
    The lease I am requesting is 36 Mo 15000 mils/mo

The price negotiation is around 10.5% off of MSRP ( along the lines of what other have posted.. that is including their conquer bonus etc)
    He also is adding a line item called "Capped fees" of $995

The money factor the dealer offered is 0.0025
    The residual he says is 61%

I offered to use the ones found here ie: MF 0.0018 to 0.0019
    Residual = 64% but he is not ready to honor these.

(1) He says those numbers are valid only for coupe. Also claims that MF and residuals come from MB are are not negotiable... s that true?

(2) Also what is this $995 capped fees? He says those are MBUSA fees that are used to buy insurance by them if the car is totaled.. Is this right?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Trying get this done in next couple of days. Also promise I will post my numbers here to help others.
    Lexus seems lot better deal.. but we have our heart set on MB
    TY
    Gattani
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Perhaps one of the hosts could tell us what the actual money factor buy rate is. Mercedes does set the MF, but the dealers sometimes mark it up.

Typically, the coupes and sedans have different money factors, which are set by Mercedes and are not negotiable. It would not suprise me that the coupe has a better (higher) residual.

There is a $795 acquisition fee Mercedes charges on all leases which can be rolled into the cap cost. Is that what you mean? If so, it looks like your dealer may be marking it up by $200.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Car_man is the one with the numbers, but I'll ditto everything that jwilliams2 posted..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• c300sportleasec300sportlease Member Posts: 2
    Should I expect to do any better than the terms of the Special Offer advertised on the Mercedes website?

For a 2012 C300 4MATIC Sport Sedan, the advertised deal is $379/mo for 30 months with $4,039 due at signing.

Based upon the lease spreadsheet that I am using, this would be consistent with a 0.00182 MF and a residual of $28,977.

According to the Lease Details on the website, the $379/mo includes the Premium 1 Package & Destination Charge.

For reference, the other info provided under Lease Details is as follows:

MSRP = $41,395

Gross Cap Cost after suggested dealer contribution = $39,616

Cash due at signing = $4,039 (includes $2,865 cap cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee & first month's lease payment of $379)

No security deposit

Total payments = $15,030 ($11,370 total monthly payments + $2,865 cap cost reduction + $795 acquisition fee)

Purchase Option at lease end = $28,977

[I'm assuming that the Purchase Option amount ($28,977) is the Residual Value.]

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether I can realistically expect to do any better than this advertised deal.

Thanks!
  • instantfobinstantfob Member Posts: 2
    Using details off the mbusa C250 Coupe offer.
    I calculated the Residual is 69% for 36mon/30k miles
    MF is around 0.00195 ~ range (using goal seek on excel)

Hope this helps.
    You're welcome jackstacks. I believe that these cars' 27 and 39 month lease offers are basically the same as their 24 and 36 month offers.

Mercedes-Benz Finance's buy rate lease money factor for these cars varies by credit tier, and perhaps by region, but they should be around .00225 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier right now.

Car_man
    Host
    I hear you marcusaureli. $1,200 per month with $5,000 down for a C-Class...even one as nice as this...is off the wall.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey rxke. $250 over dealer invoice minus the conquest cash is a very good price.

Mercedes-Benz Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C250 Sedan with 15,000 mile per year are .00195 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

In order to use this program to work up a payment for you I need you to provide me with this car's full MSRP as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Gattani. The numbers that you were quoted are actually pretty close. The residual value is spot on. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this car so your money factor would be whatever MB Finance's standard is for your credit tier and area. I have seen .00225 for Tier 1 customers, but .00250 isn't that far off.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey c300sportlease. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' official advertised lease deals by negotiating a lower selling price than the advertised payment was based upon. I suspect that will be the case if you shop around for the C that you're interested in.

Car_man
    Host
  • c300sportleasec300sportlease Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, there is only 1 Mercedes dealer in my area. But, I have contacted other 3-4 of the nearest dealers & am willing to travel there to buy if necessary. I'm hoping that my local dealer will be willing to match other dealers so that I can buy locally.

As previously noted, the advertised Lease Special is based upon a gross cap cost of $39,616. Can you offer any insight into how much below that figure I might be able to negotiate?

Thanks again for your help!
  • daniel12304daniel12304 Member Posts: 6
    This car is pretty amazing and the best thing about it , that not too many people know , is that you can lease this car for under 300$/month !! That's right , a car with naivigation ...not happening every day

Best Lease Special this month!!

Dan
    Best Car Purchase
    Thank you gurus for your responses... car_man.. thanks for confirming the numbers. Decided to drop the lease idea altogether as the economics did not make sense assuming I could easily keep the car for 5-6 years. Hope it does well in reliability department.

So the way the deal worked out was 10.5% off of MSRP 43,500 so Around 38900 streight purchase ( before tax, title and doc fee). plus MB financing of 1.9% with 0 down. HTH for others in the market.
    Hi Carman
    After speaking with a conveniently located dealer he offered $500 over invoice (the lowest price I got was from Truecar was $250 under invoice from a dealer 45 min away) and a 67% residual value (30 month lease/12k per year in NY-no moeny down) and a money factor of .00182 plus a $2000 conquest discount because I had an Acura TL. Based on the options I take the: MSRP is $43,105/ Invoice of $40,150/ sale price: $40,650 minus $2000 is $38,650). I figure the monthy lease with taxes is about $480 per month. Am I close? I do not know if I have to pay ad fees, etc.

You have been a great help in the past by making me a really good negotiator with dealers. I also use Automotive News(weekly pub) that usually shows both consumer and dealer incentives each month.

Thanks again for all that you do.
    Just piced up the car yesterday. NIce and smooth pickup. Found out just in time that MB usa has 0.9% financing. The rate drops to 0.65% if you set up an ACH auto pay at the time of the loan application itself.
    HTH
    edited October 2011
    you are getting the car at 10.69% off of MSRP . I got mine ( a 350) at 10.5% . I had the conquest for my Acura too....
    So applying that logic you are coming off a couple of hundred dollars better.

On top your price, your MF and residual are just very good and seem to matching the figures car_man provided on this forum.....( I could get no where close on C350). Good luck and enjoy.
    Hi Car Man,

I’m looking for the Money factor / residual value (tier 1) November numbers for 2 cars:

2012 C250 coupe and 2012 GLK350

24 or 36 months and 7,500 miles and also if conquest cash still available

Thank you in advance for your help
  • longhorn8956longhorn8956 Member Posts: 5
    Hey all

I'm looking to lease a 2012 Mercedes C250 Coupe - the MSRP is $45,060 and they're willing to take $1500 off the top to a selling price of $43,560. It comes at the mid-level range - heated seats, nav system, memory passenger and driver seats, 18 inch 5 spoke wheels, leather seats. It's really nice. And its actually exactly what I'm looking for. They have to deliver it from another dealership too.

They're offering 2500 down, at 620-640 a month (depending on credit report). My dad is co-signing with me so approval shouldn't be a problem.

Question is - do y'all feel this is a good deal for a lease for what the car is? I'm new to this process. Thanks.
    You're very welcome rxke. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. $500 over invoice is a good selling price. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for sunnyfl1.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 C250 Coupe with 7,500 miles per year are .00225 and 78%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00225 and 70%.

The numbers for the 2012 GLK350 4Matic are .00135 / 69% for 24 months and .00135 and 60% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • fourizonly007fourizonly007 Member Posts: 38
    Car_Man,

Do you have the November lease numbers for C250 Coupe at 36 months/12,000 miles with Tier 1 credit? Thank you in advance.

James
  • bblack1914bblack1914 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man

I have a question for you. I am intersted in leasing a Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC. I am currently leasing a 2009 Altima in which I have 9 payments left(totals $3,303.00), my car is also out of Warranty.(which is another reason why I am considering getting out early because I am leasing an out of warranty vehicle) Mercedes Benz in dc area, is telling me that they have conquest cash to help incentivize me to get out my lease and come over to Mercedes Benz. Is this somthing that you might reccomend or have any insight too?
    I certainly do James. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C250 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bblack1914. Mercedes dores have conquest cash, but this probably isn't some sort of limited time offer. The conquest cash has been available for several months and it will likely be available for the foreseeable future. The conquest cash that is available on the 2012 C-Class wouldn't even be enough to cover all of your remaining Altima payments. You'd still be on the hook for over a grand. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until I was closer to the end of my scheduled lease o get something new.

Car_man
    Host
  • joserajosera Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man!
    What about the C350 coupe?
    Do you have the November money factor and residuals for the 2012 Mercedes C350 coupe?
    Thank you for the info Carman; however, I ended buying the car instead of leasing (made more financial sense in “MY” particular case).

I compared prices using CARWOO and TRUECAR, my personal experience and advice is to use both services (paid $99 for carwoo service) I was very surprised because the carwoo offers were significantly lower than the truecar prices. The lowest price was offered by a dealer in Jacksonville, FL (6 hours from Miami) and with that offer I was able to negotiate with my Miami dealer and save me the trip.

Car info:

C250 palladium silver
    Almond/Mocha MB-tex
    Burl Walnut wood trim
    Command single disc package Nav
    18”AMG 5 dual wheels
    Sirius XM
    Wheel locks

MSRP $41,710

$38,422 final price (taxes and DMV fees NOT included) Includes $1500 conquest incentive (I have an Acura) I know is not a jaw-dropping deal but is very decent.

Lease offer was decent with proposed monthly payments of $416 including FL taxes having in consideration that I was able to reduce the MF using 10 security deposits and autopay feature

Since I plan to keep the car with minimum mileage over 5 years (my office commute is less that 2 miles roundtrip) I opted for the financing: I made an $8k down payment (no need for gap insurance) getting 2.99% from MB financial no payments until 2012.

LOVE the ride, already got compliments by starngers and that mercedes vault feeling when you close the door :)

Hope this helps for those looking for info.
    Hi CarMan
    The final deal was even better thanks to a very reasonable salesperson who I told I would not go to another dealer(who was also local-westchester county-ny) if we could agree on a reasonable deal that both of us could be happy with. I did that because he was the dealership I test drove the car at. He understood that I knew the numbers thanks to you.
    List: $41,720
    Price: $37,253 (which was invoice)
    residual: 67%
    term: 30 months
    Interest rate: .00132
    Zero down payment
    Bank fee/plates/1st months payment/etc. $1588.92
    Monthly payment: $440 taken directly out of my checking account

Thank you again for the wonderful job that you do.
    Would you be able to share which dealer/salesman you used? I'm in the same area and like your deal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Mercedes Benz of Cutler Bay, you can also try Mercedes Benz of Coral Gables (Owned by the same family). Can't share names because of Edmunds rules. hope this helps
    I'm sorry this was for rxke.
    Hi Josera

It was Estate Motors in Goldens Bridge, NY. In order to get a good deal you need to let them know that you know the appropriate money factor, residual value(30 month lease 67%), invoice, msrp, etc. of the car you are interested in. If you have an (upscale car) Acura, Audi, BMW, etc. Mercedes is offering a $2000 conquest discount on top of the price you negotiate. If you have the lease payments taken directly out of your checking account that could also reduce the money factor. I also showed them some offers I received using Truecar. com prices from dealers farther away like in Fairfield county, CT and NJ. That also helped with negotiations. The better educated you are the more likely the better deal you can negotiate. I wound up getting a better deal than I thought I would get, particularly the money factor and residual value. Good luck and let me know how you make out. The forum says I cannot give you the salesperson's name. It is a shame because he was straight forward. I told him I wanted a deal that was fair for both of us given what I knew. I did not try to squeeze him for every last dollar and he appreciated that so it all worked out well for both of us. I did receive an extra benefit to doing that from the salesmen. Please do not use my numbers exactly as I am not picking up the car until the end of the month and I do not want any problems with the dealership.
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    I heard that with the autopay they will give you free maintainance for the lease term, at least thats the deal they wanted to give me on a C250 MSRP $45835 10K mi year 36month $451/mo incl CT Tax and $850 driveaway
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    That is a bad deal! I was offered similar equipped for way less, under$500/month from 3 different dealers and all under $1000 at driveaway. Go to someone else!
    With the auto pay I did receive the free maintenance for 36 months although I am leasing for only 30 months. Overall it was a pleasant negotiation because those of us who go to the Edmonds forums for information and advice truly benefit financially.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    I am glad I read you didn't pick the car up yet. This is a decent deal and many people do worst. 2 things -

1) You can do much better and I don't like to squeeze sales people either but this much of a difference would make me continue to shop.

2) Never go by True Car or any of those websites. They get paid by dealers for the leads. There advertising makes it seem like they are giving you the best price and telling you what others in your area have paid but its deceiving. How do you know other people knew what they were doing when they were shopping? You don't… So if 1 guy pays M.S.R.P. and 1 guy pays invoice and the mark up in the car is $3,000 - the average is a $1,500 deal for the dealer plus holdback and many other incentives.

If you stuck with the exact parameters of this deal - meaning 12,000 per year and a 30 month lease and all you gave the dealer was $1,500 total out of pocket your payment should be $373.35. Its a $67 per month difference and over $2,000 by the end of the lease. But what the dealer won't tell you is even though Mercedes Benz is advertising a 30 month lease as the best payment, its $15 cheaper per month for a 24 month lease. This brings your payment to $359.89 and a savings of $81 per month. It also drops your out of pocket to $1,296.00 - saving you another $200 there!

M.S.R.P. - $41,720
    Invoice - $39,260
    Holdback - $2,143 = $37,117
    Conquest Cash - $2,000 = 35,117
    Dealer cost - $35,117 and there is probably an additional $750 in there somewhere as Stair Step money.

I know dealers will sell these cars at $500 over cost ($35,117 + $500 = $35617)

Your lease should be based on this number or within a few hundred of it. This number also includes you doing auto pay which is equal to free maintenance. You save roughly $10 per month with Auto Pay. Reduces the money factor by .00010

I would also bet based upon your out of pocket that the dealer is adding profit to the Bank Fee - Should be $795 plus tax. Yours could be charging you $895 or $995. it looks like. Dealers are allowed to mark up the bank fee by $300 and add it to their deal as profit.

These are real numbers as most people don't think they can still save this much money after being on Forums, Using True Car.com, Costco Auto Buying Program and other websites and businesses being run by dealers paying for there leads or business.

I am a car buying expert and unless you do this everyday, 7 days a week, month after month, for years at a time - the dealer will always make out. On you its only about $2,500 (after giving the dealer a $500 profit) but on most other people its between $3,500 and $5,000 if not more (and more often than not its more). Think about it - average Mercedes Dealer probably sells 100 cars a month. Making $4,000 per car at 100 cars is $400,000 per month. This doesn't include whatever the Finance Manager gets you on… Wheel and Tire Insurance, Vin Etching, Key Replacement and it goes on and on. How much of a mark up do you think are on those items?!?!

Good Luck - Would like to hear how much you better the deal by...
This discussion has been closed.