Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• akeyesakeyes Member Posts: 7
    Yes, back up camera is part of the package as well as the prepaid maintenance that is usually $799. I thought to wait it out till June on the BMW return but am afraid the deals might not be as good then. One dealer I called said that they couldnt touch this price so it seemed like a good deal to me. My price does include taxes as well.

Are you happy with the car? It seems to be a great sporty ride and Im comign out of 2010 BMW 528i so Im hoping that this will be a good choice.

Thanks for any advice
  • leaseseekerleaseseeker Member Posts: 5
    Hi.

Can the experts out there please evaluate this deal for me ?...thanks

2012 MB C300 4Matic Sports Sedan with in Palladium Silver with P1 package, navigation and wood trim.

10K mile/year lease for 24 months

MSRP is $43,370

Cap cost is $38,875 (including $1,500 USAA discount)

Money factor = .00167 (based on auto pay)

Residual is 73%

$458.27 per month (including two year scheduled maintenance).

Total due at delivery=$1900 (includes 1st month payment, bank fee, registration, doc fee, tire tax and tax on upfront items)
  • sonofmersonofmer Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

I'm looking to lease an AMG C63 sedan for 36 or 42 months, do you know what the Residual and Money Factor is for April? Is MB offering any lease support on this model right now?

thanks in advance for the info.

Sonofmer
  • melissafloridamelissaflorida Member Posts: 22
    Hello, I am an existing GLK lease customer. My lease is up and am switching to the C250. The price I was given is:

C250W
    prem 1 package with wood trim

MSRP: $38,500

33 months, 15k miles/yr with just 1st & tag transfer

$499.00 plus tax- $529.00

$876.00 due at signing.

How does this sound? Do I need to negotiate more?

Thanks in advance,

Melissa
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    $499 sounds a little high for this car, especially considering you should qualify for the loyalty rebate.

Do you know what the price of the car is before any rebates or add ons (i.e. the selling price of the vehicle)?

You should find out precisely what the dealer is including in the lease.

Also, $347 for tag transfer??
    Thanks for the reply. I looked at the coupes today which I love thinking maybe of going that route instead of the sedan. I emailed him about it and he said they lease out higher. Not sure if that is true.

But as a general rule, what type of discount should I be looking for off the sticker prices?

Thanks in advance.
    The salesman I am dealing with said that he uses a 6% above invoice as a basis for leasing prices. Of course any additional rebates on top.

Thoughts?

~Melissa
    That seems high, only about 1-2% off of MSRP. I would shoot for a price of around invoice, or even slightly below (before any rebates) if you want to be aggressive.

Also, be weary of the Acquisition Fee, Mercedes dealers often try to charge $1,095. It should only be $795.

Before you sign your deal, post all of the details here and we can evaluate the deal for you.
    Thanks, I definitely will. He said residual is 63% and money factor .00210.
    ok, went in and was given his "best price".

2012 C250 sedan sport with p1 & burl wood.

MSRP- $38,500
    $4600.00 off
    $33,900.00

$497 tax in, 33 months, 15 miles/yr with $745 down which is 1st month and fees.

residual 63%
    money factor .00210

Thoughts? They are taking my GLK lease back 4 months early also and throwing in window tint.
  • peterrs4peterrs4 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    Wanted to update here with the deal I got.

I was working with 6 dealers in my area (3 weeks total). Came down to 2. Nobody had the car optioned like I wanted, so they had to get it from out of state. The 2 dealers were both "selling" me the same car, even the they didn't know it, and didn't have it on the lot. Both were going to dealer trade for it.

When I first started looking, I was at an MSRP of $46,900, and the first quotes on 15K and 33 months were at $780/month. I knew I could do way better.

What I leased:

2012 C300 4 Matic
    MSRP - $48,460
    Sale Price - $43599.87
    Total Money Down (Includes 1st payment) - $840
    33 months - 15K miles per year
    Monthly Payment - $650
    3 Year Maintenance Included
    Winter Floor Mats Included

The car is:
    Black/Black
    Multimedia (Nav, Reverse Cam, etc)
    Keyless Go
    Pano Roof
    Roof and Trunk Spoilers
    18" AMG Wheels
    Illumniated Door Sills
    Wheel Locks

The car has pretty much every option except the lighting and the lane assist, and I think I got an outstanding deal. They gave me the customer advocacy program, which after some googling, turns out to be the VIP, or employee pricing or whatever.

I've got a family member in a different state who works at a Benz dealer, he couldn't touch this deal, and the other dealer I was working with on the same exact car would only go down to $720/month with no maintenance plan. I guess I purchased this car with $0 profit for the dealer (what my family member says)...they simply wanted to move the unit as it was the end of the month.
    edited April 2012
    The discount looks good. Does it include the $1,000 loyalty rebate?

It seems there are about $1,500 in added costs. You should find out what those are.

I assume $1,095 of that is acquisition fee, which you could try negoitiating down to $795 or at least down to $895.

Money factor is marked up slightly. Not sure if that is a credit issue, or simply the finance guy adding some profit. Base money factor is .00190.

Also, the 4 payment waiver is a benefit provided by Mercedes Benz Financial, and does not cost the dealer anything, so that should not be considered a "discount" by the dealer.

A decent deal as it stands now though.
    Thanks for your reply.

It does include the $1000.00 loyalty rebate. I told him I was thinking about a BMW since it included maintenance and he threw in the 3 yr plan at no extra charge to my monthly payment. The money factor shouldn't be marked up we have excellent credit.
    Here is the breakdown

$38500 MSRP  Dealer Invoice $36,566

$33,550 Initial cap

$36,013.99 Adjusted cap cost  includes Bank Fee$1095  Dealer Fee $599.99 Maintenance $769

$24,739.47 Residual Value  includes Maintenance (can be residualized)

.00210 money factor

$497.38 Tax included

$744.20 1st and tags due at start

33 months 15,000 miles year  window tint included

Deal looks good.

Sales price is excellent, assuming they did not apply any incentives beyond the $1,000 owner loyalty.

Only 2 areas where this can be improved.

1) Money factor should be .00190 not .00210

2) Base Acqusition fee should be $795 instead of $1,095

Given such a good sale price, they might be unwilling to budge on the above two. Making these two improvements would lower the monthly payment roughly $25 per month.

However, if you are happy with the car and the current payment, I would say go for it.
    Boy you are spot on. Wouldn't budge on either one. I am fine with the current payment I'm over the haggling. Felt better getting the prepaid maintenance thrown in.

Picking it up tomorrow.

Thanks!
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    I hope n pray u didnt buy it! I had a higher price point and had a better offer a year ago! No disrespect think u guys r great at this but u have to push fight and push! Every car at 44k -47k should get a lease around 525-560mo. O $ across board 15 k miles anything more they r definetly making money. Go in dec1 and save and extra 20-80 mo.
    You can get a 2013 gs now for 740mo 10k miles, 0$ across board n work it further! So 650 for a c250 noooo way62k $ lexus vs.c250@. 40k$ not even close! Matter a fact one your in the 700-900 range u can get a e class! We have to know our numbers friends most these numbers r without negotiations so......! I want less u know hitme up ill tell u if u need some help... I dont want to see u guys leasing cars at prices of cars at 1 and 2 levels higher!
    Not bad i would push to keep it under 499$ and upgrade, add mats, and go 15kmiles others pretty good
    Sorry melissa i m a newb i sent the msg to wrong person yr deal sound great! But if u could get that on a 43-47k c-class 300 u would have the best deal!
  • healinghealing Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 C300. My lease expires this August. I would like to know what the current lease terms are for a 2012 C300 4Matic at 10K/year at the top credit tier and if I might be better off waiting until May, June, July or August. They will take me out my current lease anytime.
  • cocolovecocolove Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I've never leased a car before so I am very confused about this deal that I was given. Could you please help?

Trade-in: 2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe
    - initial trade-in value offered: $19k with $5k cash due
    - final trade-in value offered: $20.5k with $4.5k cash due

C250 fully loaded
    MSRP: $42,000
    Final price: $36,700

Acq fee(CA): $1,095
    Sales/use tax $282
    License: $239
    Capitalized Cost Reduction: $2279
    1st month payment: $433(including tax)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Total net trade-in allowance: $4500 with $20,500 trade-in value (getting $16k back)

Monthly payment: $433 including tax
    33 months/15k miles
    2-yr maintenance

How does this deal sound and How could I negotiate more? I don't understand why I need to pay for cap cost reduction (down payment). Seems like other people just pay for 1st month and some fees (total less than $1k while mine is $4500??).

Please help!

Thanks in advance :)
  • sportsman0202sportsman0202 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I just got back from the dealership with the following details. This will be my first car lease and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2012 C250W (Black with Almond MB Tex interior)

33 Months lease with 12k miles per year

MSRP: $36,460
    Selling Price: $35,179
    Gross Cap Cost: $32,965
    Residual Value: $24,101

Monthly Payment: $450
    Total Due at Signing: $1,000 (first month of $450, cap cost reduction of $224.50, title fees of $33, license fees of $51.75, registration fees of $41.25, and doc fees of $199.50)

Does this look like a good deal for $450 a month with $1,000 drive off?

Any advice would be helpful, thank you! :)
  • edcrackedcrack Member Posts: 3
    Just got a C250, want to see how I did on the lease deal.

MSRP: $39,610
    Sale Price: $32,656

33 month lease/12k miles
    3k down, payments of $325 (CA tax included)

How does this deal compare? Thanks!
  • k3vlar1k3vlar1 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up a C300 Luxury

Premium 1 Package
    Multimedia Package (nav, rear view cam, 6 disc cd etc..)

24 month lease with 12,000 miles per year

2 Year free maintenance

Total out of pocket (taxes, fees + first months payment) is $1750

Monthly payment is $450

I did qualify for the conquest program
  • kevlarvestkevlarvest Member Posts: 5
    MSRP with options: 43,370
    Miles: 10K
    Term: 33 months
    Down: 0
    Trade-in: No
    Sales Tax: On whole price. (Being in Illinois, we have to pay sales tax on entire amount; not just the used amount)
    Monthly payment: 539/Month

The dealer hasn't shared his detailed math with me yet, but if I reverse-engineer the information above to do the math, this lease payment translates to the following key figures:

Cap cost: 38,896 (this represents 1500 below invoice, invoice being 40,396)
    Residual: 65%
    Money Factor: 0.0019

Plus, this gets me out of my current 39 month lease 7 months early.

This sounds like a pretty good deal,even after accounting for the fact that I'm having to pay ~60-65/month for Sales Tax, since Illinois makes you pay for the whole Sales Tax; not just the amount you use. This does make me ponder though; maybe I should go to a nearby state to lease and try to save another 60-65/month..

Thoughts?
    To clarify, this is for a C300 Sport
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey Sonofmer. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C63 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00145 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi sportsman0202. The car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. On top of that there's $1,000 owner loyalty or $1000 conquest cash that most consumers are probably eligible for. That's $3,500 to play with. I think that you can do better than the $1,200 discount that you were quoted.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00190.

Car_man
    Host
  • bfellerbfeller Member Posts: 4
    JUST LEASED A 2012 MERCEDES C 250 SPORT
    WHITE
    PREM 1 PKG
    COMMAND MULTI MEDIA PKG (NAV AND BACK UP CAMERA)
    WOOD
    TRUNK SPOILER
    36 MOS MAINTENANCE
    MSRP 41,500
    1200 DOWN INCL FIRST MO PAYMENT
    33 MOS 12K MI 428 MONTH INCLUDES TAX
    Re-posting with more detail:

2012 C300 Sport
    MSRP with options: 43,370
    Invoice Per Edmunds: 40,396
    KBB fair value: 39,393
    Miles: 10K
    Term: 33 months
    Down: 0
    Trade-in: No
    Monthly payment: 539/Month
    Sales Tax: rolled into lease payments
    First payment, including first monthly lease installment: 707
    Old lease being replaced: 7 months left at 640/month

Money factor being used: 0.0177

As I discovered, for the purpose of sales tax, it doesnt matter where you buy the car. Matters where you live. so I'm stuck with that extra, being an Illinois resident :-(

Any feedback is welcomed. thanks!
    Hi kevlarvest. Have you finalized this deal yet? I ask because I heard that Mercedes significantly enhanced its lease offer on the 2012 C300 Sedan for May, by $40 to $50 per month. MB Finance's new special lease money factor for this car is .00092 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    I unfortunately did close the deal on the last day of April, after waiting for feedback here..:-( sure did look real solid, and never could I have imagined a money factor of 0.00092 becoming available. I incorrectly stated in my last post the money factor offered to be 0.017, it's 0.0017 obviously. from all accounts of previous posts here, sounded like I couldn't have done much better.

In fairness, all parts of the deal were good-looking (66% residual and 0.0017 by itself is good and I got a pretty good rebate on the selling price, based on KBB and edmunds guidance; shaking them down for an extra $800 at the end, 2 hours past their closing time) . The other neat part about the deal was that they treated my 7-month early lease return as a trade-in; thereby reducing the amount of ST I was on the hook for by ~2000; which swung the payment by about $60.

But to know that I could've done a whole bunch better will now bug me, atleast for a bit..:-| I hope you're wrong for my sanity sake.
    to clarify, it was a variation of the deal above; not the same exact deal. Same monthly payment for more car (45600 MSRP, no down)
  • cal2000cal2000 Member Posts: 10
    Hello Car_man,

Has any enhancement done by MBUSA for C250 coupes?
    Thanks!
  • aquanautaquanaut Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man,

What is the risidual and money factor on for May lease on the C300 4Matic Sport for 33 months.

I was going to get an audi A4, but after I test drove it, I changed my mind.
  • bigdomer94bigdomer94 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

Would you please confirm residual and MF for May for the C250 sport sedan? I believe that the residual is 64% for 33 months - 27,500 miles (10k/year), but not sure about the buy rate on the money factor. Also, please confirm residual assuming 12k miles/year.

Thanks in advance.
  • cal_newbiecal_newbie Member Posts: 1
    Hi, All, a newbie asking for help, any input would be much appreciated.
    my situation: leased a 2008 mb CLK350 coupe, less than 4yrs ago, through a friend at a dealership, MSRP around $52k, 48 mo. lease, total 2k down drive off, 12k miles/yr. 47 payments of $430/mo, tax included. I got it right before they discontinued CLK350, was told that i got a huge discount, so it's a good deal.
    Fast forward, 5 payments left on this car, wanna change to a 2012 C250 sedan, but the friend's gone, have to find a new dealership by myself. I don't expect the same kind of good deal, but I expect less downpayment and about same or even less monthly payment.
    Went to a new dealership, played hard ball back and forth, eventually, they agreed to take back the clk, put me in this c250 sedan, MSRP $45290, but it's $1400 to drive off, 33mo. lease, 10k miles/yr., and 32 payments of $460 tax included. They say no more room for negotiation, that's it. They even show me the screen, saying they took a loss, which i highly doubt it. Anyway, the number that I remembered on the computer screen is a residual value 64%, and a money factor of 0.00073, or maybe only two zeros? They say they can't do anything about those two numbers, it's set by the bank. Is that really??
    Anyway, one thing i know for sure, is that my monthly payment is up for a car with less msrp. To make things even more complicated, they put me on a 2yr service plan, which is $10 per month. All in all, my monthly payment ends up a little over $470.
    When I got home, I googled money factor, and found this forum and a online calculator, When I put the numbers from my lease into the calculator, it gives me a whopping 3.7%APR. Now I'm totally confused. Did i just make a bad deal? My brother told me when he leased his ford sedan during a promotion, he got APR less than 1%. Maybe I'm comparing apple to orange here.

Anyone can explain the situation here? I put as much info as possible about my lease here, hopefully some experts here can give some inside analysis. Thanks in advance.
    C250 Sedan with P1, lighting, multimedia, sport sedan, keyless, etc. sticker price $45290.
    agreed value $39102.7
    gross capitalized cost $40616.7
    capitalized cost reduction $476.41
    adjusted capitalized cost $40140.29
    residual value 29381.76
    Depreciation amortized amounts 10758.53
    Rent Charge $3510.34
    Total base monthly payment 14268.87
    Lease payment 33
    Base Monthly Pament 432.39
    Sales tax 37.83
    Total monthly 470.22
    Mileage allowance $27500, acquisition fee $895, charge for maintenance agreement $619
    amount due at signing $1400.
  • ccc23ccc23 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Hi

I'm wondering if the following is a good deal for a C300

Premium 1 and Mulitmedia; $44,510 MSRP

$2,200 fees, taxes, registration all in to drive out the door, including first lease payment

$425/month including taxes

What do you think?

Sorry, I should add 33 months and 12,000 miles.
    Hello cal2000. Unfortunately, Mercedes still isn't providing any lease support on C350 Coupes in May.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aquanaut. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 C300 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure bigdomer94. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 C350 Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00153 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the reply. Dealer is refusing to honor the buy rate money factor and the advertised acq. fee. Sure is frustrating to see how much money they try to bury in the F&I profits.
  • bbsqueenbbsqueen Member Posts: 8
    hi ccc23,

Did you qualify for any incentive like Employee program or Conquest discount?

Looks like a very good deal.
  • bbsqueenbbsqueen Member Posts: 8
    Hi bfeller,

Did you qualify for any incentive ?

Thanks.
  • aquanautaquanaut Member Posts: 3
    I got my car this weekend.

C300 4MATIC sedan, 44k MSRP.

24 Month lease, 10k miles, $411 per month with $1998 down including first payment. I live in NYC.
  • npshanpsha Member Posts: 3
    Hi

I am planning to lease C250 in near future. The one that I like have following config -

Palladium silver / MB Tex
    P1 package
    Light package
    single COMAND disk package
    RV camera
    18" AMG alloy wheels
    spoiler and chrome handle inserts

MSRP - $44,500
    Gross Cap cost : $39470 (38375 + 1095)
    down - $2500

Payments : $407 for 33 months , 10K miles....

What do you guys think ? worth it ?

Thanks
    NPS

NEt
    Doesn't look bad to me. It appears that they are selling you the car well under invoice. They have the extra F&I profit in the MF (it looks like it is .00173 instead of the buy rate of .00153 - probably costing you about $500 over the life of the lease) and they marked up the acq fee by $300 from $795 to $1,095. The dealer did the exact same thing to me on the acq fee and the MF, however your discount is lower so you are getting a better deal than I was able to negotiate this past week.
  • npshanpsha Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick reply bigdomer94.

I went in as a AAA/COSTCO member and asked what they can do over these discounts....I tried getting maintenance also included in the payment but they did not agree.

Hopefully I will lease it this weekend.

Thanks again.

NPS
  • bdewittbdewitt Member Posts: 13
    2012 C300W4 Sport
    33 months/12k per year
    State: Pennsylvania (9% lease tax rate)

MSRP: $44,510
    Price: $39,613.05
    Acq. Fee: $995
    Prior Loan Balance: $1,557.32 (neg. eq from trade).
    ______________________________________________________-
    Total Due at Signing (incluidng first month's payment) $673.42
    32 Payments Remaing of: $536.92
This discussion has been closed.