Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• rayrza7rayrza7 Member Posts: 1
    Hello mbmbmb,

So I was looking to see how much I would possibly be paying for a MB C300 and I was pretty impressed with the Lease rate they gave you. I am going in a couple of weeks and expected to pay a bit more than that.

I was hoping you might be able to tell me how much was the sales tax alone for that vehicle you leased? I understand your in Maryland. I'm located in New York. Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!
  • woniewonie Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

$4100.00 out of pocket for 27 months you can lease a 2013 C300 4 matic for $389.00 per month plus tax that is based on $42,355.00 MSRP

This is the deal I got from the dealer. Could you check if this is a good deal or not?
    Thank you very much for your help.

Jenny
  • tom335i08tom335i08 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

My 2011 C300 4Matic Sport Lease ends on April 1st. It has only 21000 miles on it. Allowed mileage was 33750. I am wondering if low miles could be used as a leverage to negotiate lease end fees with a dealer. In other words, shop around for dealer who would cover for the fees - $600.

Any other advise to avoid paying that fees is welcome as well. I am switching to BMW so buying or leasing another MB is not an option.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Would buying it out at a lower price and then trading in for a BMW NOT make sense?
    I have done it instead of turning the car in, and it saved me tons of money. I was, however, staying with the same make.
    Hope it helps.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    You are in a great position. Post some details on your car over at the REAL WORLD TRADE IN VALUES thread here on Town Hall. Your low mileage Mercedes might be worth more than the lease end residual. If it is, negotiate your lease on the BMW, then trade in the MB like you own it. The dealer will send a check to MBFS, and you'll hopefully have some left over to make some lease payments on your BMW.

Just curious, how come you are switching back? I have a 2011 E90 328xi & LOVE IT!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• tom335i08tom335i08 Member Posts: 13
    Will do. Thank you!

BMW is already ordered so this would be a separate transaction. I figured it would be easier to negotiate by keeping them separate. I shopped for GLK before deciding on X3. MB is keeping their GLK inventory very low so choices arnt that great. Custom order wasn't an option as MBFS doesn't lock lease rates and incentives so you can't negotiate with dealers. BMW on the other hand locks down lease rates and dealers would pass on if they get better.
    This is for my wife. I am bimmer guy myself. I drive 535. I loved my 335 vert that was before this car.
  • moniluv511moniluv511 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2013 C250 Coupe. Does anyone know the Tier 3 and Tier 4 money factors? Is 10% off of MSRP a reasonable offer on this car or should I be asking for more?
  • rwdguyrwdguy Member Posts: 3
    Lease

MB C250 Coupe (P1+ Multimedia+ AMG 18 inch + rear and roof spoiler+ Wheel locking unit)

MSRP- 45270

Lease
    24 month/ 15000 miles per year/ 2 year/20000 miles maintenance included
    1800 down (including first month+acquisition+ doc+registration +title)
    400$/ month
    0.20 cents miles refund (I don't know if they are going to do that but the lease says)

I could have done better deal but was in a rush.
  • geo1317geo1317 Member Posts: 23
    Can you provide the money factor, residual and sale price? I’m looking at a similar lease. Thanks
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    That sounds like a pretty awesome deal. Where are you located?
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    Just curious, what price did he quote you? And was that $400/month tax included?
  • strayycatsstrayycats Member Posts: 4
    Hi CarMan --

I hope you can help this early in the month. I have a C63 Coupe on order and scheduled for delivery at the end of this month. I'm told the $2000 incentive went away, the residuals went down and the money factor went up. I see in February you said it was .00205 mf. My lease would be a 36 month, 15k/yr of a 2013 C63 Coupe. Would you mind giving me residual and mf, and if you happen to know of any dealer cash incentives on the C63C?

Another interesting item, my dealer indicated they have additional bonus incentives for certain cars, and usually always something for the C, that is not published and more like an additional bonus holdback. Ever heard of this? Thank you for your continued awesome response on this board, it has become quite a resource for people!! :)
    Of course that was 6.25% MA tax included...He did not quote me any thing. I just walked in, told them this would be the max I would pay. He agreed.

Actually my buddy got a similar deal ($390 for C250 coupe MSRP 43790, Multimedia, P1+ 15000 miles) two weeks back from RI

remember timing is very important, I bought this in feb. which is dead month for high end cars.
    He gave me a residual of 72%,
    MSRP- 45270
    Gross CAP cost 39563
    purchase option after 24 month- 32581
    lease with tax+ 2year maintenance= 400/month
  • dmfinpadmfinpa Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $539/mo on above car. MSRP is just over $52k with its several options and packages. Lease would be 48 months, 10k/year. Not certain of selling price, money factor or residual. (Realize I should have written this information down). Considering monthly pyt and term is this a good deal? Does include the PA 9% tax. OOP is approx $1500 (bank fee, tags, first month). I asked for 48 months, since I'm tired of doing this dance every 36 or 39 months. Thank you.
  • beradberad Member Posts: 31
    Car Man, I hope you can help me out here? What are the March lease Numbers (MF & Residual) on a C300 Luxury 4matic in NJ? I am looking for 36 months for either 10k or 12K.

My credit ranges 724-736 amongst the 3 bureaus - no sure what tier that puts me in with mbfs.

Looking at a MSRP of 42765 and a sales price of $38580

Your advice is appreciated

Thanks.
  • residual_riskresidual_risk Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    So I heard about this website CarWoo which is supposedly some sort of Kayak.com for car buying.

Anyways they put me in touch with a dealer who offered me: $41,848
    MSRP equal to $486 p/m with $4,000 due at signing, all are plus taxes and fees. The money factor is .00113, and the resdiual percentage is 68%.

Plus there is a $2,205 total additional cost for the miles over 15,000 per year in the lease since I'll be driving it 20K miles. What do you guys think
  • dmfinpadmfinpa Member Posts: 2
    Doesn't seem like there's been a host response the entire month of March. On vacation perhaps.
  • gregdole7gregdole7 Member Posts: 14
    Carman,

Looking for lease numbers on a C250 Sport for 24 or 27 months, 12 or 15k. Also any info you have on incentives would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks strayycats. What you were told is not correct. It sounds like the dealer's trying to make some extra money off of you. Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor for the 2013 C63 Coupe is still unsupported at .00205, the same as February. The residual value is the same as last month as well, 56% for 36 / 15.

The cash is essentially the same as well. Tell the dealer that you want them to use one of their $2,000 "Spring Event" certificates on your deal.

I know that there's a ton of certificates out there on C's, but I'm not familiar with any extra holdback.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'd be happy to help you out, berad. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C300 Luxury 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure the dealer uses one of the $1,000 "Customer 1" certificates that are out there on it.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm here, dmfinpa...I was just on another part of the alphabet :). Let me know if you need anything.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gregdole7. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2013 C250 Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Mercedes has $1,500 "Customer 1" certificates out there on the 2013 C250 Sedan. Try to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • beradberad Member Posts: 31
    I think Woo are getting ripped off. From your post it sounds like the dealer is selling you the car at MSRP plus asking for $4K down. You need to stop and inform yourself. 1st look at edmunds pricing and truecar, the c class in my area is selling well below invoice. Negotiate the sales price first. 2nd - never plop down that much cash on a lease- if the car is totaled tomorrow then that cash disappears. Finally the 2205 for additional miles - typically they just lower the residual. The bottom line is there's still some chicken on that bone and you have to do some work to keep your cash in pocket.
  • jbeinhorjbeinhor Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan --

Do you know March's residual and money factor numbers for a 2013 C63 sedan with 10k miles per year? (I'll be checking every month until I pick up my order in June...)

Thanks!

JB
  • strayycatsstrayycats Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your help CarMan! Was able to secure the 2k incentive (turns out they are disappearing end of this month. Many thanks!!
  • larrymlarrym Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car Man,

Can you provide depreciation and money factor for 36 and 48 months for C250 Coupe and C350 Coupe (with sport package if that makes a difference)
  • jimsnapsjimsnaps Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking for some guidance on a good price for this car:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/build/class-C/model-C300WZ4/buildId-86246- 4

I'm okay waiting for it.
  • jboilardjboilard Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm looking for the MF and Residual for a 2013 C350 with 15K miles 24 and 27 Month. Also, do you know if it changes with the sport or mulitmedia package? This is what the deal is trying to tell me. Thanks!!
    Hey jbeinhor. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C63 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00205 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    That's great strayycats. I'm glad that we were able to help you out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly larrym. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C250 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00129 and 57%.

The numbers for the 2013 C350 Coupe are .00205 / 62% and .00205 / 56% for Tier 1 customers.

When negotiating your deal on either one of these cars, make sure to try to get the dealer to use one of its $2,000 Spring Event certificates on your deal to reduce the cap cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jboilard. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 72% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

If this model is eligible for Mercedes-Benz's "Value Added" program the numbers for a 27-month lease would be the same. Check to see if it is.

Other than whatever impact it has upon the car's MSRP and selling price, I don't think that adding the Sport or any other packages would have an impact upon the residual value percentage of money factor.

Make sure to try to get the dealer to use one of the $1,000 Customer One certificates that are out there on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • neil22neil22 Member Posts: 52
    Car man

Are there Customer One or Spring Event incentives available on a lease for the C300..if so what is the incentive amount?
  • justwatchingjustwatching Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_man -

Can you post the April money factor and residual value for C300 4MATIC for 12,000 miles / 24 months.

Are there any incentives in April?

Thank you
  • alex_calex_c Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    Hello CarMan,

Going to be getting a C63 sedan in April hopefully.

Have any of the lease data points changed from March?

Still .00205 money factor?
    Any adjustments to the residuals?
    How about trunk money? The 507 is around the corner, hoping they'll incentivize them a little...

I'm likely going the one pay lease route as they discount the lease MF .0080 from base.

Thanks!
  • standogstandog Member Posts: 1
    got a new c250 blue with 17" wheels, nav, premium package.
    285mo 2k down+tax 10k miles per year
    great deal and love the car
    a great app to track my miles
    www.leasekeeper.net
  • drive_mg9drive_mg9 Member Posts: 5
    wow
    sounds like a good deal

guys can someone comment on this deal I am getting on a c300 4matic sport with almost no options (spoiler + ipod hookup only):

4 down. 250/mo
    residual: 29908
    7500 miles per year
    27 mos lease
    0.00113 LMF

I am located in Pacific North west (deals here are always a bit crummy)
  • drive_mg9drive_mg9 Member Posts: 5
    neglected to mention that customer price is 36550, doc fees 150, bank acq charge 795

i will also have to pay 200 to get the car shipped as it is a couple of hundred miles from my place
    you got a great deal..enjoy the car

what was the msrp on the car
    oops ...my previous reply reply was to the wrong message..standdog YOUR deal was the good one...can you please share the MSRP, Cap cost and length of lease
  • alex_calex_c Member Posts: 8
    Any changes to the C63 lease for this month CarMan?
  • mullins2013mullins2013 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car Man! Any changes to the C250 lease rates for April? And how many percentage points does 10k or 12k change the residual vs the 15k quoted above?

Thanks!!
    Yes, neil22, there is. Mercedes has $1,000 Customer One certificates on the '13 C300 Sedan right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi justwatching. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C300 4Matic Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 70% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes has $1,000 Customer 1 certificates on this model right now. Try to get the dealer to use one of them on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Nice car alex_c. Mercedes-Benz still isn't providing any lease support on the 2013 C63 in April. Its 36-month, 15,000 miles per year residual value is 57%.

I think that the C63 is technically eligible for $1,000 Customer 1 certificate usage, but it's difficult to say whether you will be able to find a dealer that's willing to use one on your deal.

They might roll out some support on them later in the model year.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Alex. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey mullins2013. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C250 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher.

MB is providing $1,500 Customer 1 certificates on this car in April. Try to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • njones2njones2 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Can you please post the 36 and 48 mos 10k/year, money factor and residual values for the 2013 C63? Also, have you heard of Mercedes offering low mileage leases (for ex. 8k miles)? The model I'm considering has a msrp of $73k. Thanks.
    Here you go njones2. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value foe a 36-month lease of a 2013 C63 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00205 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00205 and 54%.

I think that MB Finance offers a lease option with 7,500 miles per year. The residual value for that allowance would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.