Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• njones2njones2 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Thank you Car man!
  • mullins2013mullins2013 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_Man! I forgot to mention I was looking at the C250 Coupe. Does that change things?
  • tarheelnation3tarheelnation3 Member Posts: 10
    Car_man, what are the numbers on the same car but for 24 months as opposed to 36 months? Going in to negotiate on a C250 this weekend as a Loyalty member if that makes a difference. Thanks!
    Standog,

I'm heading into the same dealership this weekend. How long ago did you negotiate this deal? Also, what was your MSRP on that car? Were you a MB loyalty member, or was this a completely new lease? Thanks!
    Just got back from the dealership. I got the 2013 C250 sport with Premium 1 package, navigation, silver and two tone leather interior, 15k miles/yr, $0 down for $375/mo (that includes taxes in California) on a 27 month lease. The MSRP was roughly $42k or so (don't have exact numbers on me currently). Probably could have done slightly better, but did not have the energy to barter more.
  • porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99
    Hi carman, hope you are well.

You've helped me with some deals in the past.

Would you happen to have the current money factor/residual for a 2013 c300 4matic for:
    24 mo, 27 mo and 30 mo. 12k miles per year?

Certificate one looks to still be available based on your previous posts. Also, each msd lowers the residual by .00010? Last time I checked they weren't available in ny, but I can purchase the car elsewhere.
    Thanks!
  • dfmjamdfmjam Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a great deal! I am trying to help my niece who is in LA (I live in Florida) and is getting a slight run around from the dealer who is sticking to the MB promotional lease #'s...Did you get a sedan or coupe? Also may I ask the dealer/region of CA you reside? Thanks again and enjoy the new car!!
  • travispetetravispete Member Posts: 24
    Can you tell me the dealership? Thanks.
  • wheelsaplentywheelsaplenty Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone provide the current money factor and residual for a 2013 C350 coupe, 36 months, 10k miles/year?

Many thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome njones2.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome mullins2013. Yes it does change things.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C250 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm doing very well porsche911c4s. Thanks. I hop that you are too.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C300 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 70% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00113 and 65%.

If this car qualifies for Mercedes' "Value Added" program then you should be able to use the 24-month numbers for a 27-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for wheelsaplenty. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C350 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00205 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier. This is Mercedes' standard money factor. It will vary depending upon what your credit score is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man!!

Great info as always. I was at the dealer this past week helping my in-laws with the purchase. The salesman advised me to wait until May to see if the "Certificate One" is higher than the current $1,000 for the C300 4matic. He feels it'll be either the same or higher - not lower. Hopefully he's right.

I will inquire about the Value Added program. If that's the case, we'll do the 27 month.

Much Appreciated!
    You're welcome porsche911c4s. If a salesperson tells you to wait then you know that there must be something to it :). I doubt that they'll go away, so you probably don't have much to lose by waiting.

Car_man
    Host
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Hi, Carman, How are you? seriously thanks for being a great source! i have many questions, so please forgive me if i ask to many, lol.

The (RV) residual values, do they change monthly no matter which brand?
    Isnt true that the RV may change but relatively remain the same?
    Are the RV's negoitable?
    Do you believe, have heard or have seen dealerships manipulate RV to sell cars?
    for example at an accura dealership i was given a lease offer with a monthly payment of $413 on a 34k Acura TSX, reduced the price to 31,129$ at 54% RV, 1000$ down, 36 month lease, 15k mileage a year, and a MF of .00046. I believe he took a couple thousand off but reduced the RV

He did the same thing on an acura tl 40,530 reduced to 36,011, 54% RV, 36months, MF .00062, 1000k down, for $433 month at 15k miles a year.

Why are there different MF among different cars of a single brand?
    i told him the RV was low and they insisted that the car was being offered below invoice, lol.
    How insulting because i had a 58% RV on a C class at 12k miles, and at 48months.

Aren't leases purely based on a set residual value, a set MF, and a negoitable price limited to being between MSRP and invoice unless at the end of the year when brands release incentives to sell cars for less?

Can you tell me if initial cap cost is the same as invoice price? if not what is it? isnt adjusted cap cost the agreed upon price of the car?

Thank you for all your help, time, and effort have a great week,

your friend, Kain.
  • jbeinhorjbeinhor Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan!

I was wondering what the May 2013 lease rates are for a 2013 Mercedes C63 Sedan, 10k miles per year, 36 months.

Thanks!!!

Jb
  • travispete1travispete1 Member Posts: 46
    Just got an ok bay area deal could have done better in LA

C250 sport sedan white/blk
    7500 miles 27 mo
    770 drive off
    406 incl tax
    Msrp 45,800
    Premium 1, multimedia w nav, lighting, lane assist, keyless go, Amg 18wheels

Could have grinded for 20 bucks or so but I'm happy.
  • lmw2lmw2 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Want to do a check to confirm the following is a "Good Deal".
    Have been offered the following:
    Mercedes 2013 C-250 Sport, premium 1 package and multimedia package. $1712 to drive off the lot. Purchase price $36,500.
    Money factor of 0.00124 or 2.97 percent. Residual percentage 67%. 15,000 miles per year. MSRP = 41845.00
    Purchase or buy out price at end of lease $28,000. Monthly payment of $391 with tax included. 27 month lease.

Any manufacturers discounts this month of May?

Thanks in advance,
  • jimmy_newcarjimmy_newcar Member Posts: 5
    I was wonder if the May rates are out or what the April rates were for a 2013 C300... 36 month lease, 12K mileage...

Thanks
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Not bad! But if you can get the MF DOWN EITHER BY NEG. OR FINDING YR OWN FINANCE YOU'LL SAVE 25-35$ a month! Or tell him to make it zero across tje board! And you'll be the winner! Good luck
  • mancladusamancladusa Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

I am hoping you can help

I am looking for the May money factors and residuals rates for MB financial for a few models:

CLS 550
    C63 AMG
    C350 Coupe
    E350 2014 model

The term would be 36 or 39 months and the mileage is 10,000 per year

thanks for any help

John
  • mullins2013mullins2013 Member Posts: 6
    Hey CarMan! I didn't pull the trigger in April. Can you give me numbers for May?

C250 Coupe
    36 month
    12000 miles

Thanks!!
  • yettavr6yettavr6 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I have never leased a car before but am wanting to now because I get bored with cars quickly. I currently own a 2008 Audi A4, so I first went to the Audi dealer and looked at a 2013 Q5 and A4. The prices shocked me...$850/month for the Q5 and $600 for the A4. I really like the C300 and am going to Mercedes Benz of Boston tomorrow and want to be armed with the proper information. I am looking at a C300 4matic w/ P1, Multimedia, Lighting, and Sport packages. MSRP is just over $49,000. I'll be looking at a 2-3 year lease with 12k/yr. What kind of monthly payment can I expect with no down payment?

Thanks!
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    $500 per month with ALL fees and taxes included in the lease should be doable. 27 or 36 month lease.
  • mavsinnjmavsinnj Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,
    Great forum. I went to a local dealer in NJ yesterday. Thought the payment was very high. Please let me know what you think

C300 4Matic Sports sedan steel grey color
    Premium P1 and Multimedia package

MSRP: 45865
    Purchase price 41,XXX
    Money Factor - 0.00113
    $459 monthly payment incl. taxes
    wouldn't tell me the Residual value.

Thanks in advance.
  • yettavr6yettavr6 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the fast reply. I went today and talked with them. The car I want is listed at just over $49k. They knocked it down by $4500 and quoted me lease payments of $527 for a 27 month lease with $0 down payment (~$2000 drive off). $2000 down (~$4000 drive off) brings the payment to $452 which is where I would like it to be, but I don't want to put anything down. What would be the best way to negotiate? They haven't even run my credit yet (its excellent) and I have no idea what the money factor is.

Thanks again.
  • xfsxfs Member Posts: 6
    I wouldn't deal with a dealer who would not give me the breakdown of the numbers.
    I'm doing very well, Kain. Thanks for asking. I hope that you are too.

Different manufacturers have different end dates for their lease programs. Some automakers' captive finance companies come out with new programs just about every single month. Others seem to carry their programs over for several months at a time. Mercedes tends to be on more of a monthly schedule. Its current lease program is scheduled to run through May 31st.

Some months manufacturers' lease programs change and others they carry over virtually the same.

Vehicles' residual values are sent by the bank that you are leasing through and individual dealers really do not have the authority to alter them. Dealers can mark up money factors however to add additional profit to deals, so they are very important to pay attention to.

Manufacturers lower vehicles' money factors, which are essentially the interest rates that they charge on leases, to reduce the payments on models and help move iron. If they aren't selling as many of a particular model as they would like they can just cut the money factor, lower the payment and hopefully watch consumers flock in.

So residual values are not negotiable, money factors are in that you have to make sure that dealers aren't marking them up, and vehicles selling prices are negotiable to a place that's generally speaking between MSRP and invoice. Of course, there's often hidden dealer cash incentives out there that could theoretically enable dealers to sell vehicles for under dealer invoice. That's the case with Mercedes, which has $2,000 dealer cash certificates out there on the 2013 C250 Sedan. If you can convince a dealer to use one on your deal you could get the car for well under invoice.

The initial capitalized cost for your lease will be the selling price that you are able to negotiate plus any fees that you don't want to pay at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jbeinhor. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current 36-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for the 2013 C63 Sedan is 60%.

Mercedes still is not providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. That varies by term, and likely region, but to give you an idea of what it should be like a recent buy rate lease money factor from it for Tier 1 customers was .00205.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jimmy_newcar. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C300 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi John. Mercedes' Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CLS550 with 10,000 miles per year are .00136 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan are .00148 and 62%.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the 2013 C350C or 2013 C63 Sedan. Their residual values are 65% and 60%, respectively. Their money factors would be whatever MB Finance's current standard is. That likely varies by credit tier and perhaps region.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey mullins2013. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C250 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • lmw2lmw2 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    He wasn't willing to move the Money Factor. I did however, dial 5 other dealerships who said they couldn't touch this deal. They told me to take it. Got the lease today for viewing before delivery. All is as promised. Expecting delivery Wednesday :) Thanks for confirming my deal!

I have to say, "Moti" of Cars Express has been an ideal broker in every way. If you live in the LA area or even N.Y. or Miami, we highly recommend his services. This is our second lease using his services. Never once have we had to step foot on the lot and no dodgy sales tactics.

Happy Leasing!
  • sushleesushlee Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

About to sign papers on a 2013 C250 Coupe with the Premium 1 Package, and Sports Plus Package. MSRP 43780. Trading in a 2013 Scion FR-S, Manual with 6000 miles that I owe $25,000 on, trade in value is lower than that.

I'm being offered a lease including the Scion trade in for $460 a month for 48 months. 10,000 miles a year. No payment at drive off.

Is this a good deal?

Please let me know,
    Thank you for your time!
  • dannyk6dannyk6 Member Posts: 1
    Please help me out. I signed the lease contract yesterday and would like to know if it was a good deal.

2013 c300 sedan sport
    msrp $45445
    Rear spoiler
    Premium package
    Multimedia package
    maintanence 3 years

Lease term 48month 12000miles/year
    money factor 0.00103
    Monthly payment is $380 with $3400 drive off.

Thank you in advance.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    27 months is currently the best term being offered on the C300 for this month. This would have saved you $44 per month.
  • lloydk2000lloydk2000 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I received the following offer on a 2013 C300 Sport with premium package, 27 month lease with 15,000 miles per year and 2 year maintenance:

MSRP 43,400
    Selling price 40,504
    Money factor .00103
    Residual (68%) 29,716

Monthly payment including sales taxes $515 with $1,572 due at signing.

Is this a reasonable deal?

Thanks for your help.
  • mavsinnjmavsinnj Member Posts: 2
    I agree. Working with another dealer...

Regards,
    SK.
  • jslachtajslachta Member Posts: 9
    Hi there! Can you tell me the current residual and money factor for the C350 coupe, 10k and 12k miles, 36 months?

also, are there any dealer incentives this month for this model?
  • jdowntownjdowntown Member Posts: 5
    Morning!

I am looking for the current May 2013 residual and money factor for the C250 Coupe - MB Financial *Tier 3*. 10k / 36 Month
    Hi lloydk2000. The money factor that you were quoted looks great. The selling price looks like it's pretty close to dealer invoice as well. Having said that, Mercedes has some $2,000 dealer cash certificates out there on the 2013 C right now. If you could convince the dealer to use one on this deal you may be able to get a lower selling price than this.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can jslachta. Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C350 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its tier one credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Mercedes has $2,000 dealer cash certificates out there on the 2013 C. Try to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Good evening jdowntown. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C250 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00129 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure what the Tier 3 factor is. It definitely would be higher than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi car man,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I see that you've posted recently that there are customer one certificates on the C-class for 2,000.

Does this include the c300? I was under the impression that the c300 was 1,000 and the 250/350 were higher than that.

Then again, this came from the dealer some 3 weeks ago. It probably has changed since then to benefit more c300 sales.

Thank you for your help!
  • colt311colt311 Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    Hi car man,
    I am interested in leasing the GLK250 for 36 months @10,000 miles per year. Can you tell me what the Tier 1 money factor and RV rate would be?
  • jslachtajslachta Member Posts: 9
    thank you so much for the quick reply! As it turns out, it seems no one in my area has access to any C350 coupes and my only option would be to go with the 2014.

Do you have any guidance on MF and RV for a 2014 C350 coupe, 36 months?
  • jbeinhorjbeinhor Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan-

I was wondering if these rates have changed for June? I am hopefully going to pick up a car this month!

Thanks,

JB
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    I am also looking to lease this month. If you get a chance, car_man, can you post the June MF and Residuals for the C250 and C300, 27 month leases for 12k miles. And if you happen to know what rebates or customer/dealer cash available, that would be awesome!
  • jlhoustonjlhouston Member Posts: 16
    Hi CarMan,

I'm looking for some help a deal for a C250 sport sedan for the wife. Can you tell me what the current figures and incentives are for June 2013. What would be a solid deal with nothing down and top tier credit available?

Thanks for the help
    JL
This discussion has been closed.