Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• jbeinhorjbeinhor Member Posts: 6
    CarMan! You're leaving us in our time of need! Lol!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi porsche911c4s. Yes, the certificate allowance is $2,000 on all C-Class Sedans right now. At one point the program was different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey colt311. I posted these numbers for you over in the GLK Lease Questions discussion. Please check there for my response. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome jslachta. Mercedes has not published a lease program for the 2014 C-Class yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jbeinhor. This ca's June lease program is exactly the same as its May program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kapkanimd. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C250 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 69% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 C300 Sedan are .00113 and 70%.

I haven't seen the 27-month residual values, but they are probably 2% to 3% lower than the 24-month resids.

Mercedes-Benz has $2,000 dealer cash certificates out there on '13 C Sedans right now. The trick is to make sure the dealer uses one on your deal and actually lowers your vehicle's price by that amount.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jlhouston. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C250 Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the car that you want, as you want it equipped, I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on it for you. You can find that pricing data in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • flg649flg649 Member Posts: 2
    Can you work up a reasonable lease price for a C250 coupe for 36 mos; 10,000 miles. The MARP is 37.800 + 6800 in options for a total of $45,505. I have Tier 1 credit and leasing in NJ. I am considering signing the for the car today and would really appreciate your help in making sure I am getting a decent deal.
    Thanks again,
    Frank
  • flg649flg649 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,
    Can you work up a reasonable lease price for a C250 coupe for 36 mos; 10,000 miles. The MSRP is 37.800 + 6800 in options for a total MSRP of $45,505. I have Tier 1 credit and leasing in NJ. I am considering signing the for the car today, but I am having reservations as to whether I'm getting an OK deal. I would really appreciate your help in making sure I am getting a decent deal.
    Thanks again,
    Frank
  • resultsmayvaryresultsmayvary Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have the June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C250 Sport Sedan with 10,000 miles per year?

Can you work up a good price for what I'm looking at? The MSRP is $42,375 for the options I am looking at. I have Tire 1 credit and am considering leasing in MD or VA.

Thanks so much for all of your help!
  • jborrellijborrelli Member Posts: 15
    2013 C300 Sport Sedan 10k /yr, performance and multimedia package sticker is around $45k. I live in north Jersey.

$415 mo and $2300 down 48 months

Am I getting a good deal?
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    Deal negotiated for:

C250
    MSRP $43,670
    MF .00124
    RV 70%
    Term 27 months, 10K mi per year
    Cash $3000
    Pmt $314 per month, including tax

Is there more to get?

I'm in Northern California.

-Valley Guy
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Can you tell us your selling price and any rebates you might have received? That seems like a really good deal, like over $6k in discounts
    edited June 2013
    The selling price was $6100 off MSRP for this deal. I'm not aware if any certificates or rebates were used by te dealer. I did not bring any forward.

On another deal, my brother just bought a $40,900 MSRP C250 from a local dealer here at the end of April for $35000 even plus sales tax.

I had 2 dealers here confirm that there are incentives on C-class and that allotments of newly arriving CLA's are dependant on selling C-classes.

It appears that MB is putting pressure on dealers to thin the inventory and also helping them with lease support and discounts.

-Valley Guy
  • iivanovaiivanova Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I am considering to lease c250 sport sedan with 7500 miles /year for 27 months. What is the residual value of this car and the money factor? Tier 2 credit , negotiated price of $38,000
    Unless you are getting a minimum of $6k off msrp this month - keep shopping.

These. cars are very fun to drive. 10k miles is only 1% residual impact. Maybe 120-130 dollars a year more. Also get the services/maintenance agreement for $619 bucks, since it is residualized it will only cost your $192 over the cost of the 2 year lease.

Good luck on your purchase.
  • iivanovaiivanova Member Posts: 2
    Thank you , valleyguy

They are giving me $4200 discount on MSRP
    Since I am new to this, can you please elaborate on " 10000 miles has 1% residual impact"?
    I am trying to calculate the lease amount myself and figure out the difference from their quote.
    Crunching the numbers from every angle, a person should only do deals like:
    27 months
    10K or 20k annual mi
    MF about .00124
    Residual 69-70%
    Service contract at $619 residualized adds $11-15 per month

Demand 6k off msrp. It's easy to get 15% off msrp right now.

1% residual impacts payments about $12-15 per month.

-Valley guy
  • vadcvadc Member Posts: 8
    http://www.mercedesbenzofchantilly.com/inventory.aspx?_search=7130918&_new=true

I have start looking for a C300 and need help in finding out the best price ti offer to the dealer.
    The MSRP is 45K ( They didn't disclose the invoice) Where should I start and how much max should I go? Appreciate your help.
    $6500 at a minimum off of msrp. You want to get to about 15% or a little more off MSRP.

Less than this, just walk they will call you back.
  • jlhoustonjlhouston Member Posts: 16
    HI Car_man,

Thanks for the response, I have been traveling for work and hadn't had time to check back in on the forum. The numbers I got from the link you recommended are:
    MSRP - $37,725
    Invoice- $35,149

I think we would want to do a 12k mile 36 month lease

Thanks for the help,

JLHouston
    edited July 2013
    Hi JLHouston,

Some advice... Don't focus on invoice price right now. With the deep incentives to move out C-Classes ahead of the CLA introduction, you can easily get 15% off MSRP. I just helped 3 people in my family get this done. Talk to the Internet Sales Mgr for your dealership and you will get it done fast.

Also price out a 27 month lease. Don't think in terms of how long you want the car, but play the finance game instead. You will be able to almost lease 2 cars one after the other for the price of a long term lease on one vehicle.

Run the numbers on lease calculator, and you will see what I'm talking about.

-ValleyGuy
    it's a new month now, does anyone have the 27 mo residuals and mf for July? any incentives/ rebates? also which model are you referring to, coupe/ sedan/4 or 6cyl? thanks in advance
    Thanks ValleyGuy,

I was thinking of this as my new strategy based on the comments I have read. Luckily in Houston we have a couple large MB dealers and should be able to get competitive quotes like you said about 15% below MSRP. I liked the CLA when I saw it but at a steal of a deal like you can now get with the C250 I think that we will move on this within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for the help,
    JlHouston
  • andy187andy187 Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2013
    Hello,

I am looking at Mercedes Benz C300 with Leather + Navigation + 18 inch wheels + Rear Camera + Wood Finish + 30,000 Miles maintenance Package. The MSRP of the car is USD 49,600

Lease Sign and Drive for 470$
    Lease Term 27 Months
    15,000 Miles
    Residual Value is 68%

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance.
    The residual looks really good, I am guessing it would be 70% for 12k miles.. Do you have any idea what the money factor you are getting? Also what is the negotiated price of the car?
  • jslachtajslachta Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man...2014 data out yet for the c350 coupe?
    Hi jslachta. Yes, Mercedes-Benz has published residual values for the 2013 C350 Coupe. Its current 36-month, 15,000 mile per year residual value is 62%.

Mercedes is not providing any lease support on this model right now, so if you want to lease one you will have to use its standard lease program. the money factors for which vary by credit tier, .00205 for Tier 1. Slightly better than that for FCA tier and worse for other tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • neptune00neptune00 Member Posts: 16
    Leasing tomorrow, deal is as follows:
    MSRP 45,500
    2500 down inc 1st payment
    26 payments $400
    12k miles
    Buy out 31,829
    Registration extra
    Is this good deal?
    Live in New York
    Please help quickly!
    edited July 2013
    We cannot help unless we know:
    * Purchase price
    * Money factor amount for your deal
    * Model - I'm assuming C250

Residual is fixed by MBFS and not negotiable.

MF is negotiable down to the base money factor offed my MBFS for the month.

The purchase price or negotiated discount is the other area impacting your payments. This car last month was routinely discounted down 15+% from MSRP.

-ValleyGuy
    Any 27mo numbers for the c250 sport? looking for 12k mi. Also any incentives this month? Thanks.

Keith
  • thebellythebelly Member Posts: 10
    Hi there,

Anyone know the MF and residual value of C250 or c300 4matic? Looking for a 27 month lease with about 7500 miles or 10000 miles. Thanks
    edited July 2013
    Hello,

Here is my question.

1. Is Residual value of Car based on MSRP or Selling Price?

2. Info on Deal

MSRP - 43,700
    SP - 37130
    MF - .00103
    Residual is 68% (30,xxx)
    27 Months - 438$
    Miles 15,000

Let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks in Advance.
    Residual is % of msrp. What model/car is this deal calculated on?
    edited July 2013
    This is for 2013 C300 4Matic. Additional features Premium, wood trim etc. Also Includes Maintenance for 30,000 Miles.
    Hi Andy187,

What is the drive-off $$. How much upfront. The facts you provided on MF, RV, and Sales prices are as deep as you can get.

Smart on your part getting service included!!! Most people fail to realize MB pays for 68% of all your maintenance costs on a lease like this.

The monthly is great depending on drive-off $$$.

-ValleyGuy
    The Drive off is the first month payment $438.

"Most people fail to realize MB pays for 68% of all your maintenance costs on a lease like this". I didn't understand 68%. I was in an impression that 30,000 miles service includes all the recommended maintenance.

There is a deposition fee of $595. Any chance on getting this waived affront?

Thanks Valleyguy.
    The service contract costs $769 for 30K miles if bought outright. The residual value is 68% of MSRP for your deal. That means in fact you are only paying about 32% of the $769 for scheduled maintenance.

These maintenance plans are already discounted, and since MBFS residualizes them on leases makes this a no brainer.

If your drive-off $$ is limited to only your first payment... than you got a great deal.

The disposition fee covers the costs of filing the paperwork with your state to change title, plus some other process work. MBFS waves this fee if you re-up on a new lease. MBFS will also offer you an early buy-out as well around 3-6 months before the lease expires.

-ValleyGuy
    Thanks ValleyGuy. Appreciate your help. Getting the Car tomorrow.
    Hi all,

Is this a good deal? Minneapolis/ST Paul area MB dealership is offering 12% off + $2000 on either a buy or a lease C2013 C300 4matic ?

I thought folks were mostly shooting for 15% off +$3500 dealer cash that's available? Could someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what's the MF and Residual for a 27 month/36 month lease with about 10,000 miles/yearly?

Thanks,
    The Belly !
    I haven't seen any information on rebates or dealer cash.. I would love to know though.. The 27mo mf is .00103 based on what others have posted. Similarly, the residual for 10k miles should be 71% based on what others have posted.
    I think 12% off + $2000 off is the best you could get, at the max may be couple of hundreds more.

But 15% + 3500$ doesn't practically make sense. Let's say if the MSRP of the car is $41,000. MF is .00103 and residual is 71%. 10,000 miles you are looking at $2000 out of pocket and 155 per month.

Ask them the MF and Residual value / percentage. Also check the car make sure its not a demo or used Car. To the best of my knowledge the Once a car crosses 5000 miles it is considered as used not demo.
    Thanks kapkanimd and Andy187. Here is what we have agreed upon thus far.

2013 C300 4matic and premium package 1 - They have several models on the lot to choose from)

MSRP - $42,750

Selling price - $34500 (12% off MSRP +$2100 + $1000 from American Express)

Term - 27 months / 7500 miles per year (This will mainly be a winter vehicle)

Residual - 76%

MF - 0.00103

Dealer Documentation Fee is $75 + tax/title and other general fees. Should I pay the tax /title and additional dealer fees upfront ? Or have them add it to the lease? Putting these numbers in a lease calculator gives me a monthly payment of around $150. Am I missing something ? Please help !

Thanks,
    edited July 2013
    Please let us know what the $2100 and $1000 American express rebates are and how to get/qualify for them! :) If you can afford the higher monthly payment then roll them in to the lease, but it is completely up to you.

I am not sure what you are including in your calculation, but $150 does not seem plausible, especially with nothing down.

Using your numbers and given an estimated dealer fee of $500, acquisition fee of $795, tax/title $250, and other fees $85. If you pay the first month payment out of pocket, you are at $244 before tax (to add tax just multiply 244 x 1.XX <-- your areas tax rate) Let us know how it goes, or if you want to give me more accurate fee numbers I can help you get a better idea of payment

Also can you confirm that residual, it seems really high, if that is true 12k mi should be 74% which would be awesome!
    I would say ask dealer to include all the fees into the monthly payment also as k for maintenance package. I would say tell them you will pay $200 a month everything included with the Tax.

What is the American Express $1000 for?
    edited July 2013
    Andy and kapkanimd , Thanks again for the prompt replies.

You can buy a $1000 off MB certificate from American Express if you happen to have 100,000 miles. Mercedes Benz of Maplewood is advertising 12% off +$2000 off any in stock 2013 C Class.. I negotiated it down to 12% +$2100 off.

I seem to be receiving conflicting information regarding the MF and Residual. Either for 27 months or 36 months ( with 7500 miles ). Do we know what the real number is?

MN caps the dealer fee to $85. So I will have to pay the tax, title, License and acquisition fee up front. $1,575 Due at Signing (includes all taxes and fees!!)
    a dealer in my area is quoting me an Annual Lease Rate of 2.47% how does this compare to a MF of .00027?

thanks,

JL
    JL,

Take the MF rate and multiply it by 2400 to get the actual interest rate.

Ex: .00105 x 2400 = 2.52%

Likewise 2.47% / 2400 = .00103mf

-ValleyGuy
    The numbers I received from the dealership today were 69% residual and .00124 MF for a 27 month lease with 12k miles for a C250 sport sedan. Not sure if the money factor is marked up or anything, car_man can you confirm these numbers? Thanks.

Keith
    what is the payment they are quoting you based on this deal?
This discussion has been closed.