Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ginder2kginder2k Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    So i kept pushing and here's my final deal:

2013 c300 4matic sport with premium 1, panorama, spoiler, and multimedia package with tire coverage and maintenance.
    MSRP: $46,535
    Selling price: (not sure anymore)
    MF: 0.00103
    Down: $2570
    monthly: $379 (inclues tire warranty, and maintenance)
    miles/year: 12k
    27 month lease.

Im signing in a few hours. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone.
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    You're getting a good deal. Some might debate the value of a tire protection plan, but each knows his local roads issues.

You've done very well!

-ValleyGuy
  • lisa0822lisa0822 Member Posts: 5
    I'm new to leasing and I've read that I should be negotiating the price of the car not the monthly price. I was told by my Mercedes dealer that c300 are not sold in Florida... Is there any specific dealership I should contact to get the best price on this model outside of Florida??? I've read that there are some incentives, are they location based??? Do I have to ask for them??.
    Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. What can I expect to pay per month no money down 10k, premium package.

Thanks!!
    Thanks very much. Just got back from the dealer (prestige Benz in north jersey) with our new car. We needed the tire protection since I work in NYC, pothole city.
  • npar123npar123 Member Posts: 2
    hi everyone
    i am trying to negotiate a deal for a c300. here are the details

2013 c300 4matic premium 1, mmi, lane tracking, panoramic roof

msrp - 47740
    final cap cost - 39800
    mf : 0.00103
    with sign and drive 469 a month
    12k, 27mos.

sounds a good offer to me.
    what do you guys think

thanks.
    Hey. My numbers were very similar, but my final pricing was 379 a month. What's your residual?
  • npar123npar123 Member Posts: 2
    69%

thx.
  • mattheadmatthead Member Posts: 4
    Hey everyone, I'm looking over everyone's deal and it looks like the deal I was offered today is a little high. Can I get some input.

specs:
    c300 4matic premium 1 package, multimedia, lane tracking package

MSRP 47340
    residual 71%
    money factor ~.001
    cap cost 44k
    10k miles
    27months
    inception fees down 1100
    monthly payment was 480.

Input please
    You have lots of room left to bargain. The purchase price bottom is about $7.3K off of msrp.

A residual of 71% would normally happen with 7500mi per year lease at 27 months. It's possible the dealer gave you extra RV rather than reveal the price. But make sure the deal facts are accurate.

-ValleyGuy
    Hi ginder2k,

NYC & Jersey potholes and construction debris on roads is famous.

Thanks for letting us know about your great deal.

Enjoy!

-ValleyGuy
  • mattheadmatthead Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, for the input. I will double check with him next week.
    edited July 2013
    Hi lisa0822,

"I'm new to leasing and I've read that I should be negotiating the price of the car not the monthly price. I was told by my Mercedes dealer that c300 are not sold in Florida... "

4matics are really snow country or inclement weather cars as far as MB is concerned. It's actually MUCH easier to get bottom prices on C250's than C300's simply due to volumes. Consider a C250 since they have better mileage, more choices, easier to discount.

Get the Residual value from the dealer from MBFS. You can negotiate the selling price and money factor down to MBFS's wholesales rate (called the base rate).

For C250's you're looking at bout 12% off MSRP and possibly another $2K if the dealer has factory to dealer coupons available. MBUSA is heavily discounting C-Classes right now to make room for CLA's early Fall and the new larger C-class coming in a few months.

-ValleyGuy
  • lisa0822lisa0822 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the tips. I test drove the c250 and didn't care much for it, so I was thinking the c300 might be a better option as it has more power with a v6. What about any info On leasing a c350?? Any idea as to when the 2014 come out?? Waiting is an Option. As is going with a completely different car.
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    does anyone know how the USAA discount works? They are showing a $2,500 incentive for the C250... Do you think this can be used as an additional rebate? The website says manufacturer to dealer incentive.... Thanks in advance
  • bmrowebmrowe Member Posts: 11
    Pulled the trigger on a lease. Here is the important data

27 months / 12k miles per year
    13' C250 Sport Sedan
    Premium 1 package
    Navigation package
    Rear spoiler
    +2 year service plan ($650 or so)

MSRP: 41845
    Sell Price: 34686

Acq Fee: 795
    Doc & license: 450

Due at delivery: 800 (includes first month's payment)
    Monthly: $325 before tax.

Deal was incredibly easy to get. It seems there may be even more room to get here. They must really want to get rid of these.
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    You sure about that? Pretty sure it's been established here that it's 68%/70%/71% for 10K/12K/15K for 27 months.
    edited July 2013
    "You sure about that? Pretty sure it's been established here that it's 68%/70%/71% for 10K/12K/15K for 27 months."

We just leased 3 C-classes in our family here on the west coast.

The RV's were 71%, 70, 69, 68 for 7.5k, 10k, 12k, 15k miles per year respectively for 27 months..

-ValleyGuy
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    7,500 miles per year? That works out to 625 miles per month. Is it even worth leasing a car at that point?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited July 2013
    "7,500 miles per year? That works out to 625 miles per month. Is it even worth leasing a car at that point?"

Totally agree, very few should consider 7.5K miles per year. A local dealer said there are quite a few elderly who use the car as grocery getters and and drive to the local country club 1-2 time a week only people out there. He said there was an other category lease weekend drivers only, ie. take the train to work everyday.

Even 10K mi can be restrictive, with I believe 12K mi being the auto insurance industry average.

BMW and Mercedes dealers with local ads here in Nor Cal frequently quote 7.5k mi for ultra attractive lease rates.

-ValleyGuy
  • wdcjbwdcjb Member Posts: 8
    I'm new to leasing and this thread has been very helpful. Offered the following lease for C300 with navigation and lane tracking and would appreciate any input on whether this is good deal or where there may be room for movement - this is for a 27 month lease with 12k miles:

MSRP - 47,015
    Residual - 69%
    MF - .00133
    sale price - $41,800
    Cash down - $1,130
    Acq Fee - $795
    Adjusted cap cost - $41,465

Base monthly payment is $432.54, plus $38.93 sales tax (9%) for total monthly payment of $471.47. Only other fees at closing $145 for tags/title and $165 for "initial fees".

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    without me doing the calculations, that seems pretty high. It is a pretty high msrp car though...
  • bmrowebmrowe Member Posts: 11
    Not a bad start, but you can definitely do better. I think the base minimum you should shoot for is 12% off MSRP and then $2k off that. If you push harder, you can get closer to 18% off MSRP all told.
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    If that MF is not a typo it's been bumped up from 0.00113 (or 0.00103; some confusion around here about the real MF).
    Thanks - MF in my deal wasn't a typo so that and the sales price are the points I will be pushing back on - appreciate the input!!
    edited July 2013
    " I test drove the c250 and didn't care much for it, so I was thinking the c300 might be a better option as it has more power with a v6. What about any info On leasing a c350?? Any idea as to when the 2014 come out?? Waiting is an Option."

Hi lisa0822,

The C250 is a torque monster. You can scare your passengers white when driven in "Sport mode" and not "Economy".

In Economy the shift points are lower and the car starts out in 2nd gear - not first.

In Sport mode the car shifts at much higher RPM's in the power band and starts out in 1st gear. At a light... stand on the brake, punch the gas into the upper mid-range, dump the brake and flooring the car and hang-on!

Try some passing speed test either shifting yourself or in Sports Mode. The torque is what you feel, and horse power gives you top end speed. At 55 mph the car uses about 12 horsepower to maintain speed.

The electronic engine management systems on these cars and others brands too, divide down throttle response rates, keep the transmission in tall gears, and lean burn the fuel until the NOx emissions elevate.

Try it in sports mode. I had another friend of the same opinion until I took him out in my spouses C250.

Lease deals are C350's are tougher since inventories are much lower, but at 302 horsepower they are a kick to drive.

When the next gen C-class is out, the price is going up, it's getting about 4 inches longer, and it would be another year after that until MB offers price support for deals like these but most likely not as good a deal.

-ValleyGuy
    "does anyone know how the USAA discount works? They are showing a $2,500 incentive for the C250... Do you think this can be used as an additional rebate? The website says manufacturer to dealer incentive.... Thanks in advance"

The USAA coupon is a fleet discount from MBUSA. It goes on top of the best price you can negotiate from your dealer.

-ValleyGuy
  • drive_mg9drive_mg9 Member Posts: 5
    Hi

I am getting the following deal on a c300 luxury (sport suspension too stiff for my family :'( )

MSRP ~47,775 , 10k miles
    (incl premium package, lane assist, keyless GO)

4k down
    354 per month

this is including 4,162 in taxes, I am getting a discount of 5300, 450 fees

I will need to pay another 400 to have a sports grill put in to replace the luxury one

what I want to know, is, is this a good deal, or is this a super deal that only comes around once in a few years

Thanks!
    They are telling me that it is not combinable with the $2k MB coupon. So the best they are offering is like 11.5% and then the $2500.... I tried for 14% + the discount and they said this is the best they can do.. do you think I can get more somewhere else?
  • drive_mg9drive_mg9 Member Posts: 5
    all I understand:

tomorrow is 31st, pitch everyone against each other (go 300 miles if needed) and see: the deal I mentioned earlier is gone, here is another one I have now:

" Magnetite Black exterior. C300W4 MSRP is 41510, your price is $35500 at 27 months with 10k per year with $2000 out of pocket, lease money factor of .00113 with a 71% residual your payment is $304.00 per month.

Polar White C300W4 MSRP is $43360, your price is $37500, at the same program about your payments are $330.70 per month. It has Lighting package and becker pre-wiring for becker navigation and it also has 18”AMG wheels. On it. "

everyone, please advise
    "tomorrow is 31st, pitch everyone against each other (go 300 miles if needed)"

As kapkanimd said above: VERY sound advice. End of month is critical timing in your favor.

Any deal that's pushing $6.5K-$7K for a C250 is great. Slightly lower discount for a more limited available C300 is also great. Some will get slightly better discounts, but not much more.

Also remember to never lease a Mercedes without the Maintenance plan included, since MBFS residualizes the plan. It's a no brainer to get full service for ~70% off of an already discounted plan. For a 2 year lease all you need to add is gas and insurance.

-ValleyGuy
    Signed deal for my car last night - C300 with premium 1, navigation, lane tracking and rear spoiler (MSRP $47,015) - 12k miles for 27 months. Deal included the prepaid service. Ended up going with a different dealer than the one that quoted me the deal I originally posted.

Total out of pocket at signing was $1130 (includes tags and first month payment) - down from approx $2000 on original quote. Monthly payment of $399.01 - down from $471.47 on original quote.

Just waiting for my car to be delivered this morning, and I couldn't be happier!
  • byoung4byoung4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

2013 White C 300 with navigation

MSRP: 45,000

Miles /year: 15,000

Cash down: 2,500

Residual price at end of lease: 31,600

Monthly payment: 399.00 (including maintenance)

Lease term: 27 months

Please let me know what you think and any ideas...
    Looks like a pretty good deal. What is the purchase price and your local tax rate?

Also, does the $399 include sales tax?

-ValleyGuy
  • bdabbdab Member Posts: 7
    Just picked up my the following lease:

2013 C300 Sport / Wood Trim / Premium 1 / Keyless Go / Rear Spoiler / Multimedia

MSRP 46,420
    Sales Price 39,965 plus 619 maintenance
    MF .00103
    Residual 70%
    27 mos
    12K miles

Monthly $418 (includes NJ Tax)
    Paid at signing 1170 (first month, 349 doc fee, 403 DMV)

How did I do?
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Yes they are throwing these cars at customers, they begged me, and when I said no , they put me through a survey! Perfect I thought now I can tell them how a feel abt this bad product!
  • porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99
    Hi all,

Is the 12k/27mo residual 69 or 70 percent for a c300 sport? Seem to be conflicting reports. Also have a deal on the table.
    Msrp 43,780
    Neg. 37,400

Solid deal. Will bite. I'll go in to iron out the lease details.
    Thanks
    It's in the ballpark of a great discount! Nicely done!

-ValleyGuy
    Anyone heard the new numbers for August? specifically the c250 27mo 12kmi lease residual and mf? Thanks in advance
  • sikistdreq85sikistdreq85 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can you please let me know in what city and dealership you were able to get this deal? Were the taxes included in the initial payment when you signed the contract? Thanks.

I am currently paying $490 for the same deal as you.
  • relomanreloman Member Posts: 12
    Please help. First time leasee. MSRP is $35,350. With the extra's total retail price is $42,310.
    Lease terms thus far is $1500 down and a $363 monthly payment for 27 month term. I was brought into dealer by a friend who knows the manager so all I'm hearing is what a great deal i am getting. Going back tomorrow to perhaps finalize. What should I be looking for in terms of buyout at end of lease and how else do my figures look?
    Reloman,

Before we can confirm the deal, we would need to know the miles per year, and if the payment includes tax and/or the service plan.

-ValleyGuy
  • poykayilpoykayil Member Posts: 9
    what dealership did you go to?
    It's 12,000 miles and does include tax and service
    Valleyguy- Correction! Just got a call from the dealer who said they made a mistake with the numbers. Now the payment is $405 and does not include the maintenance. I believe he said another $10 per month for the maintenance but I was so annoyed at the price change I was not listening. Anyway.....your advice is greatly appreciated.
    Hi reloman,

$10-$15 a month for service plan is about right for a 2 year 20K mi option, depends upon RV and MF for the exact amount.

Find out the sale price. It would be 12% off plus $2K. Leases are negotiated by RV (fixed by MBFS but impacted by the # of annual miles), MF, and Cap cost or sometimes called purchase price. Get each of these detailed in the monthly payment quote, as each are negotiable. The deal MUST disclose the details of the deal when asked.

When I help people locally get leases, I have them get a PDF of the car's options with a VIN number and included in an email the breakdown of the deal.

Also, only work through the internet sales team. The internet team has more latitude to go deep in most cases.

-ValleyGuy
    Thanks again for the great information. The RV I am told is $29,621. the sticker is $42,310 but negotiated down to $36,267. It's also 12,000 miles per year for the 27 months. They are down to $400 including maintenance. Any of this help?
    edited August 2013
    reloman,

$400 per month is not bad if it includes tax and maintenance plan, 12K mi per year, $1500 drive-off, with a $6K discount.

You may have another $500 additional on the cap costs. You're getting close. Also ask if the money factor is their buy rate. You did not mention your MF value, but I'm guessing there is room there too.

Wait them out, especially as we get closer to the end of month.

-ValleyGuy
    Valleyguy, can you explain MF-Money Factor. I've heard the term but don't truly understand. Seems like I have another dealer that's in the game. Same car with a vehicle price of $41,845, selling price of $35,628. This one is at 10K miles and with $2,000 down is $355 plus $10 for maintenance. I dont have the RV or MF yet
    Here's a good leasing glossary: http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/leasing-glossary.html

MF or money factor is the leasing equivalent of an interest rate.

-ValleyGuy
    Signed my deal on July 30 at MB West Chester in PA
This discussion has been closed.