Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Reloman,

Before we can confirm the deal, we would need to know the miles per year, and if the payment includes tax and/or the service plan.

-ValleyGuy
  • what dealership did you go to?
  • relomanreloman Posts: 12
    It's 12,000 miles and does include tax and service
    Valleyguy- Correction! Just got a call from the dealer who said they made a mistake with the numbers. Now the payment is $405 and does not include the maintenance. I believe he said another $10 per month for the maintenance but I was so annoyed at the price change I was not listening. Anyway.....your advice is greatly appreciated.
  • Hi reloman,

$10-$15 a month for service plan is about right for a 2 year 20K mi option, depends upon RV and MF for the exact amount.

Find out the sale price. It would be 12% off plus $2K. Leases are negotiated by RV (fixed by MBFS but impacted by the # of annual miles), MF, and Cap cost or sometimes called purchase price. Get each of these detailed in the monthly payment quote, as each are negotiable. The deal MUST disclose the details of the deal when asked.

When I help people locally get leases, I have them get a PDF of the car's options with a VIN number and included in an email the breakdown of the deal.

Also, only work through the internet sales team. The internet team has more latitude to go deep in most cases.

-ValleyGuy
    Thanks again for the great information. The RV I am told is $29,621. the sticker is $42,310 but negotiated down to $36,267. It's also 12,000 miles per year for the 27 months. They are down to $400 including maintenance. Any of this help?
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Posts: 70
    edited August 2013
    reloman,

$400 per month is not bad if it includes tax and maintenance plan, 12K mi per year, $1500 drive-off, with a $6K discount.

You may have another $500 additional on the cap costs. You're getting close. Also ask if the money factor is their buy rate. You did not mention your MF value, but I'm guessing there is room there too.

Wait them out, especially as we get closer to the end of month.

-ValleyGuy
    Valleyguy, can you explain MF-Money Factor. I've heard the term but don't truly understand. Seems like I have another dealer that's in the game. Same car with a vehicle price of $41,845, selling price of $35,628. This one is at 10K miles and with $2,000 down is $355 plus $10 for maintenance. I dont have the RV or MF yet
  • Here's a good leasing glossary: http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/leasing-glossary.html

MF or money factor is the leasing equivalent of an interest rate.

-ValleyGuy
  • wdcjbwdcjb Posts: 8
    Signed my deal on July 30 at MB West Chester in PA
  • wdcjbwdcjb Posts: 8
    My monthly payment of $399.01 includes tax. Total out of pocket at signing was $1130 and that included first month's payment and registration. My deal also included the prepaid maintenance. So total cost over 27 months is the initial $1130 plus 26 payments at $399.01.
    edited August 2013
    Hi wdcjb,

"My monthly payment of $399.01 includes tax. Total out of pocket at signing was $1130 and that included first month's payment and registration. My deal also included the prepaid maintenance. So total cost over 27 months is the initial $1130 plus 26 payments at $399.01."

On a $47K MSRP car... You may move to the head of the class!

Great deal!

-ValleyGuy
  • I'm in Los Angeles and so far I've been getting nothing but the shaft from dealers when I ask for set, final numbers before I waste time going to the dealer.

I want to get the wife a polar white with black or grey interior, navigation, xenon package and maintenance.

Can anyone recommend a Los Angeles dealer or a price point.
  • budlongmexican,

Read back through this thread for about a month. There is a ton of good content. Work through the Internet sales teams only. Luckily one of the most common C250's in LA is Polar White w/black interior.

Try Long Beach MB.

-ValleyGuy
    email me at scotte@crgmail.net. I am in calabases and about to do a deal here. Not sure how close you are to the area but I found two pretty good dealers.
    Valleyguy, What's the benefit of the ballon payment? Seems to save about $600 off the 27 months. My argument is that the $995 bank fee to Mercedes should be waived if i am making a one time payment.
    I am now at $350 with $2K down includes taxes and maintenance. 12K miles for a MSRP aroun $42K. Seems like the $995 bank fee and $350 first months are a give. Don't know where the other $650 is going. DMV fees cant be that much. They also mentioned something about gap insurance.
    WDcjb: What is the MSRP of your car?
    edited August 2013
    reloman,

Think of the balloon payment as a type of open ended lease. You are assuming the risk of hidden vehicle damage, resale value, and responsibility for disposition or pay-off to the bank at end of term.

MBFS leases are closed-end where MBFS assumes nearly all risk.

If you are absolutely certain the car will be kept to the end of the lease and drive reasonably within the mileage limits; then make 1 lease payment or put more down. You assume more risk, but the total cost of ownership drops as well. Making a single payment or additional drive-off will get close to the balloon option, while still sheltering you from reliance on the future value of the car.

-ValleyGuy
    Valleyguy, My mistake on wording. I meant one-time payment. The MF on a one time payment for a 24 month lease is .00044. The MF on the 27 month regular lease is .00124 and they tell me auto pay is .00114.
    It seems like the one-time payment for 24 month is $8200 or about $340 per month for an MSRP of $42,000 maintenance included. This seems like the best deal...am I right?
  • interesting

can you share how much your tax and title was?
  • Hey Valleyguy. I found a Brand New 2012...What is a realistic price to pay for it. MRSP is 44k. I read that 15% is a good discount. Is 35-36k a feasible number to go in with
    Another great point Valleyguy! I guess I got lured into the $1000 savings over the life of the lease and was not considering what could happen over the 27 months. It's either take the car at $360 with $2K down or just buy the lease and save $37 per month. Will have to sleep on this.
  • budlongmexican,

You can get a 2013 for about that price. I'd find out the MF-Money Factor and RV-residual value is on the 2012.

It's actually new and not a demo vehicle of some type?

I actually found a local dealer here with a 2012 S-Class, new on the lot about a month ago. They were offering $14K off MSRP. They will have to go farther than that to move an older model.

-ValleyGuy
  • why is no one answering me?!
  • Just ask the deal for the RV at the mileage you are interested in driving each year. This is a fixed and non-negotiable number from MBFS.

Also call or email a couple of dealer's and ask them for the current buy rate for the MF on C350's. The buy rate is there rate, and some dealers will play cagey, but many will give you the number.

-ValleyGuy
  • td_sftd_sf Posts: 18
    Hi valleyguy408 - Do you (or anyone else) have MF and Res numbers for August on 2013 C250's and 300's? 27 and 36 month - 12k per year.

Thanks - Lots of good stuff on this board!
  • tamasirtamasir Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Hi,
    I got these offers based on a price of $36,700 for a 2013 C250 Sedan.
    I specifically asked for a low down payment.

27 Month:
    $376 - Plus tax per month
    10k Miles Per Year

$2,069 - Total down
    $410 - First payment
    $1,095 - Acquisition fee
    $458 - License and reg rees
    $105 - Total up front taxes

70% - Residual value
    .00199 - Money factor

36 Months:
    $448 - Plus tax per month
    10K Miles per year

$2,148 - Total down
    $489 - First payment
    $1,095 - Acquisition fee
    $458 - License and reg fee
    $105 - Total up front taxes

58% Residual
    .00199 - Money factor

Does these look reasonable?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • td_sftd_sf Posts: 18
    It'd be a lot easier to analyze if you post the MSRP of the vehicle. Residual is based upon MSRP.

Anyone know if those MF and Res % are the buy rates for August?
  • tamasirtamasir Posts: 2
    I didn't know that, thanks!
    Here are the numbers:

C250W $35,350
    040 Black
    121 Black MB Tex
    P01 P01 Premium I Package: SiriusXM Satellit $2,500
    R95 17-Inch 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
    U71 DVD Coding
    320 320 Multimedia Package: 7.0" Color Displ $2,790
    333 333 Sport Sedan: Sport Body Styling, Me
    739 Aluminum Trim