Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• wdcjbwdcjb Member Posts: 8
    My monthly payment of $399.01 includes tax. Total out of pocket at signing was $1130 and that included first month's payment and registration. My deal also included the prepaid maintenance. So total cost over 27 months is the initial $1130 plus 26 payments at $399.01.
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2013
    Hi wdcjb,

"My monthly payment of $399.01 includes tax. Total out of pocket at signing was $1130 and that included first month's payment and registration. My deal also included the prepaid maintenance. So total cost over 27 months is the initial $1130 plus 26 payments at $399.01."

On a $47K MSRP car... You may move to the head of the class!

Great deal!

-ValleyGuy
  • budlongmexicanbudlongmexican Member Posts: 15
    I'm in Los Angeles and so far I've been getting nothing but the shaft from dealers when I ask for set, final numbers before I waste time going to the dealer.

I want to get the wife a polar white with black or grey interior, navigation, xenon package and maintenance.

Can anyone recommend a Los Angeles dealer or a price point.
    budlongmexican,

Read back through this thread for about a month. There is a ton of good content. Work through the Internet sales teams only. Luckily one of the most common C250's in LA is Polar White w/black interior.

Try Long Beach MB.

-ValleyGuy
  • relomanreloman Member Posts: 12
    email me at scotte@crgmail.net. I am in calabases and about to do a deal here. Not sure how close you are to the area but I found two pretty good dealers.
    Valleyguy, What's the benefit of the ballon payment? Seems to save about $600 off the 27 months. My argument is that the $995 bank fee to Mercedes should be waived if i am making a one time payment.
    I am now at $350 with $2K down includes taxes and maintenance. 12K miles for a MSRP aroun $42K. Seems like the $995 bank fee and $350 first months are a give. Don't know where the other $650 is going. DMV fees cant be that much. They also mentioned something about gap insurance.
    WDcjb: What is the MSRP of your car?
    edited August 2013
    reloman,

Think of the balloon payment as a type of open ended lease. You are assuming the risk of hidden vehicle damage, resale value, and responsibility for disposition or pay-off to the bank at end of term.

MBFS leases are closed-end where MBFS assumes nearly all risk.

If you are absolutely certain the car will be kept to the end of the lease and drive reasonably within the mileage limits; then make 1 lease payment or put more down. You assume more risk, but the total cost of ownership drops as well. Making a single payment or additional drive-off will get close to the balloon option, while still sheltering you from reliance on the future value of the car.

-ValleyGuy
    Valleyguy, My mistake on wording. I meant one-time payment. The MF on a one time payment for a 24 month lease is .00044. The MF on the 27 month regular lease is .00124 and they tell me auto pay is .00114.
    It seems like the one-time payment for 24 month is $8200 or about $340 per month for an MSRP of $42,000 maintenance included. This seems like the best deal...am I right?
  • drive_mg9drive_mg9 Member Posts: 5
    interesting

can you share how much your tax and title was?
    Hey Valleyguy. I found a Brand New 2012...What is a realistic price to pay for it. MRSP is 44k. I read that 15% is a good discount. Is 35-36k a feasible number to go in with
    Another great point Valleyguy! I guess I got lured into the $1000 savings over the life of the lease and was not considering what could happen over the 27 months. It's either take the car at $360 with $2K down or just buy the lease and save $37 per month. Will have to sleep on this.
    budlongmexican,

You can get a 2013 for about that price. I'd find out the MF-Money Factor and RV-residual value is on the 2012.

It's actually new and not a demo vehicle of some type?

I actually found a local dealer here with a 2012 S-Class, new on the lot about a month ago. They were offering $14K off MSRP. They will have to go farther than that to move an older model.

-ValleyGuy
  • jslachtajslachta Member Posts: 9
    why is no one answering me?!
    Just ask the deal for the RV at the mileage you are interested in driving each year. This is a fixed and non-negotiable number from MBFS.

Also call or email a couple of dealer's and ask them for the current buy rate for the MF on C350's. The buy rate is there rate, and some dealers will play cagey, but many will give you the number.

-ValleyGuy
  • td_sftd_sf Member Posts: 18
    Hi valleyguy408 - Do you (or anyone else) have MF and Res numbers for August on 2013 C250's and 300's? 27 and 36 month - 12k per year.

Thanks - Lots of good stuff on this board!
  • tamasirtamasir Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Hi,
    I got these offers based on a price of $36,700 for a 2013 C250 Sedan.
    I specifically asked for a low down payment.

27 Month:
    $376 - Plus tax per month
    10k Miles Per Year

$2,069 - Total down
    $410 - First payment
    $1,095 - Acquisition fee
    $458 - License and reg rees
    $105 - Total up front taxes

70% - Residual value
    .00199 - Money factor

36 Months:
    $448 - Plus tax per month
    10K Miles per year

$2,148 - Total down
    $489 - First payment
    $1,095 - Acquisition fee
    $458 - License and reg fee
    $105 - Total up front taxes

58% Residual
    .00199 - Money factor

Does these look reasonable?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    It'd be a lot easier to analyze if you post the MSRP of the vehicle. Residual is based upon MSRP.

Anyone know if those MF and Res % are the buy rates for August?
  • tamasirtamasir Member Posts: 2
    I didn't know that, thanks!
    Here are the numbers:

C250W $35,350
    040 Black
    121 Black MB Tex
    P01 P01 Premium I Package: SiriusXM Satellit $2,500
    R95 17-Inch 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
    U71 DVD Coding
    320 320 Multimedia Package: 7.0" Color Displ $2,790
    333 333 Sport Sedan: Sport Body Styling, Me
    739 Aluminum Trim
    889 KEYLESS-GO $650
    993 993 Lane Tracking Package: Blind Spot A $850

SUBTOTAL $42,140
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $905
    TOTAL $43,045
    Sale Price $36,740
    MSRP: $44,315.00
    REDUCED SELLING PRICE: $37,996.00
    MILES: 10,000
    DRIVE OFF: $2,030.88
    RESIDUAL: 70%
    MONEY FACTOR: .00124
    TOTAL MONTHLY PAYMENT: $343.00 PLUS TAX

MSRP: $44,315.00
    REDUCED SELLING PRICE: $37,996.00
    MILES: 12,000
    DRIVE OFF: $2,048.00
    RESIDUAL: 69%
    MONEY FACTOR: .00124
    TOTAL MONTHLY PAYMENT: $359.00 PLUS TAX
    What term is that for 27 or 36 months? and what cap cost reduction is in your drive off? Thx.
    27 months. What is cap cost? First time leaser, not familiar with the terminology.
    otal cash outlay is $11,382. I have done better on a lease term for pretty much the same car. I got my total cash out lay close to $10K. At this point though I can save more than $1000 by doing a one time lease payment. Right now I am at $9100 total for 27 months, 12K miles for a car with an MSPR at $42K. Some dealers screw around with the MF which is unfaor when you are paying off the entire lease at one time. I found someone to calculate more fairly. My only hesitation is the liability should the car be stolen or totaled on day one....under the regular lease i stop paying and gap insurance makes the payment. How do I get back what I put fown for the entire lease. All that said...my insurance broker said it is not a worry and i am covered the same way I would be if I did a regular lease. So my issue is the savings worth the headache....so far i think it is. Any comments?
    Cap cost is the sales price (plus fees; etc) ... cap cost reduction would be any credits that reduce the cap cost (down payment; incentive rebates; etc). The more info you can provide here the better your answer will be.

Not being a jerk but it's in your best interest to read up on the terms ... trust me:

http://www.leaseguide.com/lease07.htm

Do you have a breakdown of your drive off?
  • lola225lola225 Member Posts: 20
    The general advise I've seen on this forum is not to put down any money on a lease 'cos if the car is stolen or totaled, insurance won't cover the down payment. So you may want to get additional confirmation rather than assuming what your insurance broker told you is correct.
  • 632627632627 Member Posts: 1
    i just did a one pay lease on a c350 coupe and saved a good amount of money. As long as you have minimum insurance limits, mbfs will pro-rate back remaining months if the car is totaled or stolen. this is in writing on the back of the lease agreement. what's great about the one pay lease is that mbfs treats it as a zero down payment, meaning if you paid $12,000 for a 24 month lease, than your monthly payment is $500. this is good in case of total loss, because if you had done a regular lease with a down payment, than your down payment is lost. with the 1 pay lease, there is no down payment to lose.
  • lola225lola225 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the clarification. That's good to know!
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Curious why ppl want to lease a c class! It's as if ppl want to be ripped off! Why ?
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Valley the cars are at 12% cost what do u think that means with respect to invoice!
    Kain - please tell us ...
  • osvpiosvpi Member Posts: 8
    Carman, I was just quoted in Miami on a C250 Coupe $40,900 from an MSRP of $42,160, with a residual on 10K miles over 36 months of 66% and a money factor of .00220. Seems to me the discount of only $1,260 is low and the money factor is too high. What do you think and what is the Money Factor buy rate for August? Any special discounts available from Mercedes right now? Thank you. Ozzie from Miami.
    edited August 2013
    FYI: I am seeing 17% off MSRP on 2013s. MF 0.00124 and 70% residual for 27 mos @ 10K
  • lotusblotusb Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Hello all, and a big hello to ValleyGuy :D

I have been lurking around this forum. I work for a company where I am entitled to a $2000 or a $2500 Fleet Employee program discount on a C Class (those numbers are for MY2013, MY2014).

I plan to negotiate as much as I can and present them with the discount document. It says clearly that the discount can be combined with any existing promotions or credits.

My only worry is, will the dealer back out or make excuses to add the incentive for cap cost reduction. I am having a hard time here in LA area getting them down to good numbers.

The best I got so far with an extremely pushy salesman on the phone yelling at me, "what else do you want for a 46K car, its 399 a month inclusive of tax with $1860 drive off" .

MSRP: $46645
    Selling Price: $40040
    MF: buy rate (he said)
    27month/10k miles
    $399/month incl of 8% tax.

Drive off: $1860 (seems too high)

Numbers seem to match up ok, as per my lease calculations but I feel like I should be able to go to $39K. Is this achievable? I have become sort of a lease calculation expert but not at negotiations. haha

Plus if I add the incentive, they should acknowledge it. I am afraid they may raise the price and then add incentive.

Is 16%-17% off MSRP still achievable in August?

Any advice on FEP (Fleet Employee Program) is appreciated! Thanks!
    Yes, it is doable. Depends on how many they have on the lot. I just got a little over 18% off on a $44k+ vehicle. These are unreal deals - 16-17% is great!

No advice on the vouchers.

My only advice for you is to get the MF and Res % in writing before you go to sign and get a full breakdown of your drive-off as well.

Going forward ... only deal with Internet/Fleet Sales Managers.
  • lotusblotusb Member Posts: 7
    Still having a hard time here in LA, they wont go beyond or even close to 11% off - $2000 incentive.

Looking at a $46.5k MSRP car, and the selling price i have gotten at best is $39.8K

Lots of BS with rolling Acquisition Fee into the lease and making up some other numbers to inflate the monthly payments.

Did you buy/lease in the Bay area? I am actually looking for a car for a close family relative in Bay area but had hoped LA would be more cars and competitive.

The haggling is really tiring even over emails...lol..but I know worth it
    Any dealer you may recommend? Thanks for any info! Appreciate it!
    Here is my suggestion. Contcat a car broker. I think the one I contcated was newcarsuperstar.com They really educated me on pricing. I had been dealing with 3 different dealers and hearing all the stories. I was getting deals only their wives and daughter had! After 4 days of going back and forth with the dealers I received a better price from the car broker. I eventually went back to the dealer and one of them matched. I decided on a one pay leaser option. The total out of pocketwent from a high of $13,000 for a 27 month lease with 12,000 miles to a little over $9,000, Not sure if I got a good deal or not but at less than $340 per month for a MSRP of $42K....I think I did OK...I hope.
    @ $39.8k on $46.5 msrp you are looking at 14.4% disc

yes - i'm in bay area

if it were me, i'd find the local dealer with the most inventory and go straight to the internet/fleet mgr and tell him he's got one shot to beat the price you already have in hand
  • bdabbdab Member Posts: 7
    Ray Catena Union........sorry for delayed reply.
    edited August 2013
    Hello all -

Need a gut check on whether I'm getting a good deal or not on the lease of a new 2014 C350 coupe with 4matic + other options.

Details:

MSRP: $53,550
    Cap Cost: $47,888 (this is inclusive of my company's $2500 fleet incentive program)
    MF: .002250
    RV: 74%
    Term: 24 months
    Mileage: 10,000
    Tax: 7% (not sure why this is 7%. I'm in CT and sales tax is 6.35%)
    Monthly Pmt: $579
    Due at signing: $2485.74 (not putting any money down)

I'm also getting $19,000 for the trade in of my 2008 Lexus IS250 AWD (44,600 miles, clean condition).

They've also included 2 pre paid maintenance.

Thoughts? I can live with the $19k on my trade I think, but I want him to get to $570/month and I don't know if that's reasonable to push for.
  • needbmwhelpneedbmwhelp Member Posts: 7
    I was considering a new Mercedes or BMW a few months ago and ended up getting the BMW. I used a service online for $97 to check and see what I should be paying for the exact car I was offered before I made the deal. The service is called a DIY Dealer Report and its offered by Inside Car Buying. Had I not used them and took the great deal I thought I had made on my own, I would have spent almost $3,200 more than what I am paying now. I live in Westchester County and shopped at the Mercedes Dealer in Greenwich, CT. They couldn't believe I had all the information I did and that it was calculated to the exact penny right down to the plates. In the end I went with the BMW but Greeenwich Mercedes did call me back after a few round of negotiations and say they would match the numbers on DIY Dealer Report. I am a partner in a very large Hedge Fund and deal with numbers all day long. Totally different concept then car buying. This was about 2 months and since my friends, co-worker and myself have probably used/referred over 60-70 people to Inside Car Buying. All have had tremendous success and call the service a no brainer! I highly recommend this service to anyone buying a new car.
    Thank you so much for this advice. I bought the DIY report last night and man, my gut was right! I just didn't know how right it was! It's looking like this will save me $3k over the life of the lease so definitely worth it.
  • hklmhklm Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Hi jslachta,

I ran the numbers for you - math checked out fine. Looks like you are paying a lot of fees as part of "due at signing". You are prob getting marked up on acquisition fee and doc fee. I would ask dealer to give you a breakdown on these fees and go from there.

Here is a screenshot of the calculations I ran using my iPhone app:

- Haris.
  • needbmwhelpneedbmwhelp Member Posts: 7
    No problem. Now that you know the secret, don't let others get hammered by these dealers - pass it on:)
  • realhonestrealhonest Member Posts: 2
    46645*.11= 5131+ 2000k inc. + flee equals 2000k = 9k off
  • mooselookmooselook Member Posts: 68
    Hello All.
    Does anyone have August or September Lease rates (Money factor & Residual) for a 15,000 MI Yr, 36 mo lease for C300 4matic Luxury?
    Thanks!
    Sorry for the delay - haven't been on the site since prior post. Msrp on my car is $47,015. C300 4matic with premium 1, navigation and lane tracking package.
    I don't have the exact numbers but tax rate is 10% and I am guessing around $100 for plate and registration.
    Thanks!! This site was very helpful, and I couldn't be happier with my car and my deal!!!
  • spanishmanspanishman Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hello

Checking on opinions of this deal I am going to sign next week:
    2014 C350 4MATIC Coupe
    MSRP 54,700
    Sale Price 47,500
    24/12K = 73% Residual
    MF .00215 with auto pay
    State tax + fees (4% tax on sale price + 215 tags/title + 795 acq + 299 doc fee)
    $1,000 incl. 1st mo. payment at delivery
    Monthly 630

Dealer went about 3,800 under invoice on this 2014 C.

Thanks!
  • dawghausdawghaus Member Posts: 2
    Just announced 5 month pull in of current Mercedes lessees. Considering C350 $800 out of pocket $580 a month for 36 months (10k miles). Only concern I have is our current lease only has 17k miles and after researching current used car prices I feel we have 4k in equity. Anyone have any thoughts? MA tax rate is 6.25%. Thinking $525, no money out of pocket. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.