Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome anilpandya. Consumers use the special lease program that Mercedes-Benz is running on any version of the C300, regardless of what options the vehicle that they want has. Changing the options on a car will have an impact upon its monthly payment because it alters its pricing, but it should not have any impact upon the money factor that is used to calculate its monthly payment. If the model that you are interested in is less expensive than the one that was used to arrive at the advertised lease payment, then your monthly payment would be less.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Jwilliams2, please see my post #565 for an explanation of why I am correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mrtrance. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 C300 Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00173 and 58%, respectively.

Mercedes is no longer providing lease support on the 2009 C300. As a result, you definitely do not want to lease one right now. Its unsupported money factor jumps to a horrible .00395, though there is $4,000 dealer cash on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Hi Car_man. Semantics or not, you are still mistaken. I suggest that instead of looking at whatever "official price sheets" you have access to, you look at an actual invoice from MB to the dealer. This represents the amount the dealer (or his bank) actually pays MB for the car. It absolutely includes the IRG/Adv charge. Black on white. Cut and dried. End of story.

Obviously dealers have many expenses. And obviously there are back-end programs that help dealers cover these costs. But there is only one actual invoice per car. That said, it sounds like some folks are getting great deals on the C Class!

Thanks
  • shinakumashinakuma Member Posts: 14
    Car_man

You are right on the 2010 and the special MF, it seems we're both trying to get 2009's with the 4k cash on it and a good MF.

From what I am seeing is they are also discounting the MF on 09s to get rid of them I'm aiming at .0023 which they say is employee lease, so far it's been tough getting a bigger discount on the selling price then invoice minus the 4k factory to dealer :(
  • mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    Shinakuma,

I just got an email from one of the Internet sales guys at Anaheim MB and they are willing to do just $5200 off MSRP. This is on a car with MSRP of $45,XXX. That is less than half the discount that FJ or even Long Beach were quoting me. How did you get them to do $7000 off? Was the $7k from the beginning or did you had to hassle for it? Have you tried to get them to do like 8K-9K off plus the employee pricing MF? I know they won't be able to do the 10K-11k off like FJ, but even 8-9k off would be good with 230 MF.
    Yeah man I had to work it down, I tried 8-9 with Special MF and it was no go, I went to the top desk guy even and couldn't do it. So basically it was matched with the ugly standard MF or less off selling price with the MF

I've tried everywhere to get 8-9 + Special MF and seem stuck right now :(
    I wonder if it will good idea to wait til December or so to get a 2010 C300. I wonder if during that time they will discount the 2010 cars by like 5-6K and also have a MF still in the 100s.
    ok here are my final numbers. almost all dealerships are out of the 09s now or they are going fast by the way....any input on these options would be great. These are all with P1/P2, Multimedia, Panorama Roof, 18" AMG, Ipod and Burl Walnut Trim

2009 C300 - MSRP 44,460
    DEALER #1 Selling Price: $37,244 (Special Money Factor .00237)
    DEALER #2 Selling Price: $35,260 (Standard Lease Money Factor .00385)

2009 C350 - MSRP 46,640
    DEALER #2 Selling Price: $36,440 Standard Lease Money Factor .00385)

The C350 actually costs less then the C300! Unfortunately the Money Factor is quite different :(

What would you guys do?
    Based on your numbers and using 54% residual for 36mo/10k, the numbers I came up are following for me (using a 8.25% tax):

C300
    Deal#1: $555/mo
    Deal#2: $585/mo

C350
    Deal#1: $595/mo

I'm assuming no cap reduction and just drive off costs of 1st payment, reg, and bank fee which should be close to $2K.

I don't know if these are good deals when you are getting close to $600 a month. I had previously leased a 2006 E350 with MSRP of $54,XXX for $587/mo including tax with just drive off of $2500.

I guess the C350 might be the better deal if you had to go with dealership that only do the 0.00385 MF. More power for just $10 more a month.
    yeah it's getting steep based on MF. I do have one more that came in today. the guy was shocked at the pricing but would said he'd beat it and use employee MF. Same C300 (without walnut burl) with a price of 35k even.

Base Payment $437.65 Plus Tax $42.67 Total Payment $480.32
    Drive Off $2260.22.
    That's a great deal. If you don't mind letting me know of the dealership/contact person that gave you this deal. I just sent you an email.

What residual and MF are they using to calculate that monthly payment?

Thanks.
  • projectvirusprojectvirus Member Posts: 3
    How much flexibility do dealers have on the MF? From this thread it sounds like some people are negotiating an employee MF without a control number. Is this possible?

My dealer is offering the following on a '10 C300 Sport w/ Automatic and UMI package.

36 Months
    MSRP=$37,465
    Sale Price=$33,719
    15K Miles
    $3,500 Total Down
    MF= .00208
    Monthly=$442.87+tax

I'm certain there is room to maneuver with the MF, but I am uncertain as to whether I should be shooting for employee caliber (.00005) or a more reasonable one like you posted above (.00173).
    54% and .00233 or whatever employee MF is, I'm going tonight so will post the details

Lease 36 month 10k miles Base Payment $437.65 Plus Tax $42.67 Total Payment $480.32 Drive Off $2260.22 - If I roll drive off, $558
    I didn't think there was much room with MF either but I know they make money on adjusting it much like back end rebate of a loan. I originally wanted a 10' also but seeing how FACTORY to DEALERSHIP incentive on 09s is 4k on C300s and 5k on C350s, it's hard to pass up.

Everyone said the special lease rate with MF .00173 is on 10s and on 09s you get the incentive money, so I went for the incentive money, got the selling price then worked the MF after. This is what I found out...

There is a off book program that MB gives to the dealership to close high profit deals which is usually reserved for leases they can make money on or they can use for customers they like or whatever. They are given a set number like 5 or 10 depending on size of dealership and what it does is basically give you an employee rate or near it/half way.

It's hard to get them but if you work them you can get that rate and on that program, I was told that with that much of a discount on selling price there was no way I can get the special lease but finally found 2 dealerships willing to do it, I'm going with the dealership with lowest price and lowest MF

btw your MF is great man but on a 2010 it should be .00173
    Ok guys, I got the car yesterday and it was a done deal, as quoted. I'll post some of the details here so hopefully it can help you out also...

2009 C300

Options
    057 - Ipod Integration
    413 - Panorama Roof
    768 - 18" AMG Wheels
    P02 - Premium Package II
    320- Multimedia Package
    427 - 7 Speed Automatic

MSRP of $44,150 the selling price of the vehicle I got was $35,225.

Zero Down

Since this is a lease, in finance, I opted for their up-sell of Lease Excess Wear and Tear and Tire and Wheel Protection, I had a previous BMW lease and really got hurt by those 2 so went for them.

Excess Lease Wear and Tear Plan for 3 years - $1,195 (negotiated down to $599)
    Road Hazard Tire and Wheel for 3 years - $1195 - (negotiated down to $695)

I did not email them initially, I just looked up the internet team on the internet and called in told him I am ready to buy and if their number can match or beat I'll be in. I emailed him the numbers I was given which were from the nearest competing dealership, until I got the selling price to $35k

Since it was a 2009, not a 2010 the (.00173) money factor special was not eligible but after going back and forth he eventually got an OK from his desk manager to give me a money factor that was also a special at .00217 which is called a Mercedes Benz Ambassador Program Lease, dealers have these but in limited stock. So I went in the next day and the car already had a sold sign on it with my name.

If you can find any 09s in stock now is the time to get them (4k incentive for C300 and 5k incentive for C350) and if the dealer has any ambassador leases that drop your MF, left to use, try to get it. They need to clear these out and will, just have to negotiate hard for them.

BTW 2010 has different side turn signals and the biggest difference is on option package 320 (the multimedia package) on 2009s the package includes Logic 7 Surround 12 speakers, it is not included on the 2010s!
    Just leased a 09 C350 Sport with P2/MM/Ipod with MSRP of 45,300 for $483/mo (including tax) with only $1900 drive off (1st month, acq fee, registeration, doc fee, etc.). Lease is for 36mo/10K.
  • sebzx79sebzx79 Member Posts: 53
    Just picked one up with the pull forward promo.

Its a 09 c300 4matic Silver/Black
    Package 1

They took 7 payments
    36 months 15k a year
    0 money out of pocket at 624.90 a month.
  • berkisberkis Member Posts: 2
    Could you please tell me what state your in and what your selling price was. Also did you purchase your car in september? The best payment i have gotten is $589 with tax in PA with just start ups
    This was purchased in Southern California on 9/27. The selling price was $35,714 (MSRP of $45,300). I was offered 34,700 by few other dealers, but the money factor was going to be 0.00385. Even with $1k more in the selling price the 0.00183 MF that I got my payment is still $70 less a month compared to the other deals that were $1k less. The deal saves me about $2500 over the 36 month lease.
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Hey guys! I followed this thread closely about 7 months ago when I was getting my own car, but haven't lately since I'm not in the market, but I have seen through my email alerts that many people are getting $10k under sticker on 2009 C300's. Can anyone tell me if they know of any dealers around Los Angeles that still have any 09's in stock?

Also, CARMAN can you tell me the residual and MF on these cars for October (If possible, please give me the different tiers as I'm looking for my bf and his credit is crap and I'll likely co-sign for him bc my credit is 720, but that still won't give him Tier 1 since it'll average)? Thank you so much!
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    vchad.. have you gotten any further information on your family member's deal??? I'm very anxious to hear. I tried to PM you, but either I'm too dumb to figure it out or you don't have that option. So please post back when you get a chance! :)
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    hey greeneyepsu,

I actually decided not to go thru with the C-class, i'm now looking into the ML's. Reason being, even with the MVP control #, the money factor wasn't good enough.
    Hi greeneyespsu. You definitely do not want to lease a 2009 C300 through Mercedes-Benz Finance right now. While MB is providing a $2,500 dealer cash incentives on this car right now, it is not providing any lease support on it. If you really want to lease, you will be better off going with a 2010 model.

Not to get too personal, but be very careful about cosigning a lease for anyone who is not a relative, and even then. I know that people never think that good things will end, but they often do and an unfortunate breakup could potentially wreak havoc on your excellent credit score.

As far as the lease program on the 2010 C300 goes, if you were to lease one through MB Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its money factor and residual value would be .00095 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • bbell40941bbell40941 Member Posts: 20
    Car_man,

Do you have the MF and residual for a 3 year, 15K miles/ year lease?

bb
    Hi bbell40941. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 C350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • smithc3004wsmithc3004w Member Posts: 1
    Offer from MB dealer

2010 C300 4MATIC
    36 Months / 10 k miles/year
    $2,800 Drive out costs
    Monthly: $450
    No options...
    Black interior/Aluminum Trim

MF = 0.00089
    Residual = 58%
    Deal or No Deal ? Please advise!
  • thealamo77thealamo77 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for the money factor on national sale of 2010 C300 4matic sport sedan listed @ $369 month for 36 months. In NY

MSRP 40275
    Resid is 58% on 10k lease, need resid for 12k & 15K

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/specialOffersCurrent/?src=4318&chc=39363P
  • bbell40941bbell40941 Member Posts: 20
    MF is .00089. Pretty cool, huh? That's like a 2.136% APR!

My experience is that on a 36 month deal, when you go from 10K - 12K miles, residual goes down 1%.

From 12k-15k, residual goes down 2%.

So, for 12K you're looking at 57%, and for 15K you're at 55%
  • probuyerprobuyer Member Posts: 5
    Out test driving yesterday and came across 09' c300 sport
    P01 Premium 1
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    427 7-Speed Driver-Adaptive Automatic Transmission

Only one left in their inventory. Has 167miles. MSRP 37,695 in passing salesman offers 4k off the top.
    I was actually their to test drive the A5 and E350. We were walking buy and I asked about it.
    What are the lease rates for 09' C-class currently? I noticed several diff MF progs like ambassador program, etc back in Sept threads. Are these still viable targets to get a great lease on this car?
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    anyone looking for a c class in the ny/nj area email me at xoprincess271@aim.com

i just bought an ML350 on monday and have a great salesperson to recommend.
  • upperupper Member Posts: 5
    hey, i've never leased before, does this sound like a good deal?
    what are these super small number i see in alot of the leasing post mean?

2010 C300 sports sedan, black exterior, black interior, universal media interface, panorama sunroof, automatic, 18" AMG wheels
    MSRP 39345
    invoice 37252
    price 34999

36 month lease, 10000 miles per year
    drive off $5000 total cash due at lease signing
    monthly $334.61 plus tax on approved tier 1 credit
  • lornajlornaj Member Posts: 6
    Price looks good to me, but leasing only works if you can keep your mileage down and your car like new.... If you can do both, then it awesome to have a new car every three years. I never leave longer than 36 mo, mostly because warranty used to be for 36 months. Watch out for the 39 mo, it sometime go over the warranty.

I assume the down included 1st month, acquisition and the monthly includes taxes.
  • stargazer534stargazer534 Member Posts: 5
    what did you do to get them to send you such straightforward statistics like that...i need that, now!! :) SOunds like a great deal, MB has a national winter sale for 2010 c300 sport with premium 1 pkg (not sur eif that's what you're describing) for $349/mo 36 mos, 10,000/yr for $4894 due at signing.
    Hi thealamo77. Through the end of the year, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 C300 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00089 and 55%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher and the resid for a 10k lease would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi probuyer. Mercedes isn't providing lease support on the 2009 C-Class any longer. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial you would have to use its standard lease program, which isn't very good.

Car_man
    Host
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    $1300 driveaway out of pocket
    $434/mo for 36 months including CT taxes 10k/mi year MSRP $41000.00 including P1 / Metallic /Luxury Pkg 58% residual
  • conthesnowconthesnow Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I read on one website that the disposition fee could be paid out of the deposit given at lease signing. Does anybody know if this is true?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    What generally happens at the end of the lease:

Bank totals up your end-of-lease charges (over mileage, excess wear and tear)... If they are more than your security deposit, they deduct your security deposit, and send you a bill for the balance. If they are less than your security deposit, they deduct it from the deposit, and send you a check for the difference.

The security deposit is your money, and has no bearing on the end-of-lease charges, but they aren't going to make two separate transactions to settle up.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kasaturkasatur Member Posts: 2
    just got the following first quote, how negotiable do people think they are?

2010 C300W4
    Iridium Silver/ black
    P1 pkg (includes, Sirius radio, heated front seats, memory seating, rain sensor wipers)
    Multi media pkg (includes, navigation, iPod interface, voice control)
    Panorama roof
    MSRP $45,035

$541.00 x 36 months with $3,225.00 total due at signing (includes, 1st months payment, bank fee, DMV and taxes) allowing 10,000 miles per year.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi I also live in NY and am also considering the C300 4matic among other cars. I went to Truecar.com to get pricing. I think that you might find it very helpful. It shows prices paid in your area and dealers who will give you that price. Let me know how your search turns out.

Good luck.

rxke
  • kasaturkasatur Member Posts: 2
    Hi there, did you ever take this lease? I am looking at a car just like this, how does the black exterior with the panoromic roof look like?
  • ghigginsghiggins Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone offer any guidance asap ?
    I was quoted the following today.
    2010 c class c300w 4dr sdn c300 sport - Black on Black
    36 months 12k per year
    $671 per month
    $499 due at signing

included
    PO1 package
    Universal Media Interface
    Panorama Sunroof
    427 7 speed transmission
    Burl walnut wood trim
    AMG 5 twin spoke Alum Alloys
    Retail $41,965
    Selling Price $40,465.00
    Net Sales Price inc fees and tax = $43,424.84
  • lornajlornaj Member Posts: 6
    That's a lot for a monthly payment. Move on, go to the next deal. Read previous notes and learn about money factor, residual, down, etc.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi Rich

I am considering a number of cars including the C330 4 matic. Can you tell me where you received this offer? What dealer did you go to in CT? What kind of gas mileage are you getting around town and on the highway.

Good luck with the car. Thanks for your input.
  • mb3213mb3213 Member Posts: 5
    That is pretty high. I would continue looking if you are going from a MB to another Mb there are special cash to get into a new C- Class this month. I know some NJ dealers are being very aggressive with their pricing.
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Car Man,

Is Mercedes offering leases on its 2009's? I am looking at a 2009 Mercedes C300W Luxury. I need the 36 month, 10,000 mile numbers and also the Mercedes acquisition fee. Thanks.
  • sourcenjsourcenj Member Posts: 1
    Greetings All,

I need a little help here. I have an offer on the table for a 2010 4matic sport for 36 months at $599/month with $2000 out of pocket and 18K miles per year. It's a premium 1 package. Any thoughts?
  • spumiamispumiami Member Posts: 9
    I think it is too expensive. I paid for my 2009 C350 $3000 due at inception and I pay $440+tax. I am in Miami.
  • bimmeresqbimmeresq Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2010
    Just picked up a 2010 C300, AMG wheels, burl wood, ipod, artic white and almond interior. $1700 drive-off and $360/month plus tax for 36 months/10k miles. Los Angeles area.
This discussion has been closed.