Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• savvyshopper2savvyshopper2 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the Jan. lease deals for the E350 in Texas? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new E, mvpjeffmvp. If you haven't already and you have the time, you can tell even more people about your recent dealer experience by hopping on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi sks211. I heard that Mercedes extended its December programs through January 11th.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi savvyshopper2. As I just mentioned in my previous post, I heard that Mercedes decided to extend its December programs through January 11th.

Let me know if you want me to provide you with the details of the extended E350 lease program now. Otherwise, please feel free to check back with me next week for info on its new January program.

Car_man
    Host
  • savvyshopper2savvyshopper2 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    Details on the current (now extended through Jan 11 per your earlier e-mail) E350 lease program would be much appreciated - esp. to the extent you know MF, Residuals (12K); & any dealers in TX that you think are most price competitive.

thanks,
  • yes123yes123 Member Posts: 50
    best deal so far on a E350 4matic 2010

white with black/tan interior mbtex
    p2 package
    wheel package
    sport package
    MSRP 59075
    Selling Price 49500
    Demo 2000 miles on it
    .00259 money factor
    58% residual
    $607.98 per month.

As I was leaving I was introduced to manager and asked him if he would throw in the $795 maintenance program.. He said yes.

$1035 bank fee
    plus tax and tags which equals approx $4000

this price includes $2000 off for E class owner loyalty and another $2000 off for fleet discount.

Im thinking of holding out till jan 12 to see if money factor is reduced and hopefully owner loyalty will still be available.

What do you think??
  • dannye350dannye350 Member Posts: 30
    What is the fleet discount? Please advise. That's the best deal I have seen. Well played.
    Fleet discount is if you have 5 leased cars or more (any brand) must be 2 years old or newer and you give employees a car reimbursement allowance, the employees can get a fleet discount of $2000.
    Do you think the current money factor of 00259 which equals 6.2% interest will go down after the Jan 11 rate change?

I think it will but do you think they will still offer the E class owner loyalty cash?

What are your thoughts. I have the deal on the table for 607.98 as stated above, but 6.2% interest is very high considering most leases are in the 2-4% range.

If the rate changes by 1% I would save about $30 per month.

What to do? Im leaning toward holding out and risking it.
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    Interest rates the same, residual DOWN 3 points.
  • sks211sks211 Member Posts: 3
    is this a MB finance program or a local dealer program? Has anyone else used this?
    Mercedes is still offering the lease loyalty. However the money factor and residual have stayed the same.
    You should look at earlier post. I have seen better deals. There was a gentelmen on here that lived in CA. Who got a payment in the $600's
    Is anyone getting pricing on leases less than invoice price before any other incentives (like owner loyalty $2000)?

Most dealers are offering invoice but nothing less.

Please respond soon.

My lease expired, car is back I need a car. I still have the deal on the demo as stated above dealer holding car till monday when he is back from vacation. Deal is $607.98 no money down except for taxes first month, tags and bank fee. the sticker is $59059 selling $49500 with $2000 fleet discount and $2000 owner loyalty DEMO with 2000 miles.

Not sure of the white color. Can I get a Non Demo for under invoice before incentives?

Thanks
  • mb3213mb3213 Member Posts: 5
    If you can grab this car in the High 6's with you taxes and fees out I would nab it now. The programs don't seem like they will be changing until March.....Maybe even later then that. Progams stayed the same except you lost the 2 months on the LAP. Good Luck
  • mb3213mb3213 Member Posts: 5
    Why wouldn't you take that car if it is being discounted 10K? I don't understand why any Dealer would give you that price but if they are willing too do it then get it.
  • stevenstevenstevensteven Member Posts: 6
    Sounds like you are getting hosed on the interest rate/money factor. It looks like you are getting hit with a money factor/rate of about 9.5%. That is bad when MBF is offering a 6.48% (not that I like that but it is what it is).

As far as down payment, you really are not make a down payment as much as you are making a pre-payment on the rent charge.

I personally would not put anything down and tell them to give me the MBF money factor. Payment for that is $749.07 per month for 36 months plus drive off of DMV and Bank fees. I would also look to knock a few hundred off the 50,381. Get it down another $500 and it saves you $30 a month.
    the reason they are discounting $10K is because they are starting at invoice less $2000 for owner loyalty less $2000 fleet discount less $1500 for demo. They get reimbursed from Mercedes for the owner loyalty and fleet discount. I even think they get reimburse demo dollars as well. Maybe some else knows if they get money from mercedes for the demo cars, I think they have to be under 3000 miles to sell or lease as new.

Maybe I can get a better deal and not a white car if they will start under invoice.
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    Yes, there is dealer offer 1500 on sedan and 1000 on coupe below invoice and before $2k owner loyalty (if current MB owner) but not sure this dealer also give u fleet discount. I'm in So.Cal...I didn't get the E but I just got the R. I inquired E for my friend since he is interest in sedan or coupe.
    Hi savvyshopper2. Here's the details of the latest lease program for the car that you're interested in.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00270 and 58%, respectively.

Good luck in your quest for a new car and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi yes123. Not surprisingly, Mercedes' January lease program for the 2010 E-Class isn't any better than its December program was. Manufacturers usually ease off the throttle a little so to speak in terms of their incentives on vehicles at the beginning of the year. Mercedes-Benz Financial's new January buy rate lease money ffactor for the 2010 E350 Sedan is .00270.

Car_man
    Host
    Are you saying they should start at $1500 below invoice before any deductions for owner layalty for the 2010 e350 4matic.

Also I need to get 2 E350's one for me one for my mom. Last month my father leased an ml350 should he get owner loyalty for buying another? It will actually be leased in his name.

My understanding is you get owner loyalty if you are comming out of a mercedes lease and leasing another.
    I joined USAA as a civilian (airforce academy) and my discount on a E350 is $2200 off invoice. Are USAA discounts tiered such that some member categories get higher discounts than others?
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    I think that includes loyalty incentive since they know I'm on a MB lease. But the loyalty cash only apply to Sedan and NOT on coupe.
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    the 1500 below invoice is the discount given to people who work for a major corp, if you qualify for that they can give you also another 2000 off if you are going from a lower class benz to a higher class. their are many different ways it can work. let me know if you have any more question.
    Does MBZ offer a multiple security deposit MF reduction?
    Yes they do.
    Finally pulled the trigger. I got the following this saturday: love the car

e350 4matic
    Palladium silver with almond/black mb tex interior
    p2
    sport package
    wheel package
    prepaid maintenance
    all season floor mats
    $633/mo 39 months 12k per year
    msrp $60,673 including mats and maintenance plan

got my mom

e350 4matic
    white with almond/black mb tex interior DEMO 2000k miles
    p2
    sport package
    wheel package
    prepaid maintenance
    all season floor mats
    $645/mo 39 months 12k per year
    msrp $59,953 including mats and maintenance plan
    we paid taxes and tags up front. No other money down.

I received owner loyalty and fleet discounts

mom received only fleet discount

I think I did good
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    What would the leases breakdown to without the prepaid maintenance?
    A good way to evaluate leases is to see how close the payment is to 1% of the msrp. Your fleet plans made that closer than most of us could get at this time. All in all seems like you did well above average since there is no support on the new E class. Hope to drive one next year -- sticking with the luxury pack -- like a softer ride that the sport suspension seems to have. Enjoy your mb's.
    My lease was supposed to be $625. I received a call from someone other than the salesman before I picked up the car to try to up sell me wheel and tire insurance and the maintenance. For the maintenance he wanted $10 extra per month. we settled on $8 extra per month.

$8 x 39 mos = $312 for 3 maintenance services. I figured I could'nt beat that so I took it.

Drive the no cost sport option before you buy or lease. the ride is not that stiff. I love it. Also the no cost sport option gives you the nice trapezoid exaust pipes integrated into the rear bumper. Look at the difference.

Good luck
  • michaelbaummichaelbaum Member Posts: 3
    How did you achieve such a great deal. If you don't mind sharing, what was your cap cost, money factor and residual?

Thanks!
    Money factor .00259 or 6.22%
    residual 58%
    39 month lease
    12k miles per year
    MSRP $59795
    Invoice $55672
    starte at invoice $55672 less $2000 owner loyalty less $2000 fleet discount = 51672
    We agreed on $50400 after all discounts and negotiations. $623 per month.
    I paid tax tags first month payment and bank fee upfront. If you want dealer and salesman info give me your emal address. Dealer is in westchester NY. For $8 amonth more I got them to throw in the maintenance package (10 20 and 30k mile services.

Hope this helps
  • drew217drew217 Member Posts: 7
    Michael,

Are they giving fleet discounts to anyone? I'm looking at the E550 coupe at an MSRP of $61,875 and would be happy to pay somewhere in the upper 600s per month. I am not going to qualify for owner loyalty since this would be my first MB.

Thanks!
  • michaelbaummichaelbaum Member Posts: 3
    Drew,

Thanks for the information. Very helpful. I wasn't able to get quite as good a deal. I leased today locally from RAB in San Rafael, CA. $58,775 MSRP, $55,324 invoice, $53,200 cap cost, 10,000 miles per year, 39 month lease, $1,500 drive off, $704 per month including the 10, 20, 30k maintenance thrown in. One of the things added to the cap cost was a $1,095 lease origination fee that Mercedes Financial charges. But I was able to residualize this (included it in the cap cost rather than drive off) which means I'm only paying part of it during the term of the lease. I did get the $2,000 customer loyalty off the invoice. But with the $1,095 lease origination fee and the $1,069 maintenance fee (for 10/20/30k maintenance) added back to the cap cost - I basically bought the car for $1,500 under invoice. One nice thing is the dealer did waive about $1,800 of repairs for an engine leak and exhaust problem on my lease return (which was out of warranty because I extended the lease). So think before extending your lease! The dealer also paid $850 to have the car trucked from another dealer out of state. Seems there are not many 4Matics on the West Coast. Go figure. Snow time. Oh and one last bit, I bought a roof rack and some of those heavy winter mats for the trunk and passenger areas. Got them at dealer cost from the parts department (saved about 40%).

Hope this is helpful for folks on the forum.
  • ny2cany2ca Member Posts: 9
    Hi - that is quite the deal. Would you mind proving the dealer and salesman info? mok212 (a) gmail.com Thanks! not factoring loyalty and fleet, sounds like you're 1272 below invoice. Were there any other specials?
    If you live in the LA area, one dealer will sell you one for about the same price (1270 below invoice), but you gotta pick one from their inventory.
  • u04919u04919 Member Posts: 9
    Would you tell me which dealer in LA area has the same deal.. Thanks in advance
    sure. Email me at rksk911(at)aoldotcom We are not supposed to put names up here,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

:)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I noticed that Mercedes hasnt changed its terms (MF and RV) for the E class since the car came out in 09. Is this typical?
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    Can someone tell me how to check if I qualify for the fleet discount?

Also for those leasing at 39 months, doesn't it mean that you have to pay a full year's worth of DMV fees on the fourth year (37th month), but you have to return the vehicle after three months in the fourth year. DMV fees are $700+ for this vehicle so you're out a chunk of that. I don't think DMV refunds the difference, but correct me if I am wrong.
    Can someone tell me if $2,100 under invoice a good sale price for the lease to be based on? This is without loyalty and any other discounts.
    Yes it is? What dealer is quoting you this price?
    I see other posters getting the same payments as me on cars with MSRP that is at least $5K greater. Are the MF/Residual worse now than before? I don't understand.

Here is what I was quoted.

2010 E350 Sport
    MSRP $49,475
    invoice $46,673
    price $44,573
    MF: .00280 (is this right?)
    Residual: 58%
    39 mo. 12K/yr.

$1,500 drive off which includes 1st month's payment and DMV fee.
    $640 monthly payment before tax

Unfortunately I do not qualify for loyalty or fleet discount. But the numbers still seem high. Please help.

Thanks.
    The MF should be .00270. Look at earlier posting. i think i have heard of people getting better deals. but if your getting the car for $2000 under invoice, that is really good.
  • gs451gs451 Member Posts: 19
    Hi,
    I'm in Orange County, CA and I'm looking to lease an E350 with the following options:
    Parktronic
    Premium Package 1
    Driver Assistance Package
    Panorama Roof
    Multicontour Seats
    Rear Airbags (why is this even an option on this car :confuse: )

MSRP: $59,405
    Invoice: $55,308

On a side note, it is very difficult to find a car with Driver Assistance Package...as we get closer to the middle of the year, will MB Start allocating more vehicles equipped with Driver Assistance Package as this is a newer package?

Thanks
  • gs451gs451 Member Posts: 19
    Oops totally forgot the terms...
    $3500 drive off
    15K miles/year
    Okay leasing 24-39 months (whichever is ideal).

Thanks! :)
    you will need the P2 to get all the electronics. Also, cant get the free sports package upgrade with those options. Thats why its hard to find one with all the extras. I ordered mine in December to be ready in April. payment is TBD, but upward of $850 with $3,500 DO.
This discussion has been closed.