Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• needhelp27needhelp27 Member Posts: 9
    THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH. AND MY APOLOGIES IF MADE YOU GO BACK ADN FORTH. Like I said, I don't knowmuch about leasing. So your help was INVALUABLE.
    Please don't be cross. I appreciate your help.
  • miamibuyermiamibuyer Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I just walked away from a negotiation on a lease on a C300 Sports, basic, maintenance package, no other extras. Total selling price is $36,000., due at signing (includes 1st month) is $5,400, $445. / 15K miles / 36 months. Having read other posts, I think I can do better given the high down payment, right?

They are offering at this dealership to pay up to 5 months of any lease payments due on your current vehicle -- I owe about $2,500. total. So I think they may be adding it into the deal to recover the money. Also, they claim to need a higher down pmt. because my credit is not stellar (600 beacon score).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time negotiating a Benz and now I'm second guessing myself on my decision to say no. They say the "special expires today." Please help! Thanks
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    I just stopped by at this forum, and all I can say is, Your help is very highly appreciated, want to say thankyou for helping everybody out there.
    Thankyou
  • surge352surge352 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know if the lease rates have changed for the E-Coupe this month? Are they still the same?

Thanks..
  • ob995ob995 Member Posts: 40
    The official lease special actually got worse for June over May for the E-Coupe which now requires an extra $150 cap reduction over May Special as Mercedes Benz Financial lower their advertised dealer contribution discount which honestly is irrelevant in my opinion as it is not hard to buy a E-Class coupe at invoice so the recommend dealer discount was not really an issue. The Residual and money factor remain unchanged.
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi All,

I'm looking for June lease rates for a E350 Sport Sedan.

Thanks
    2010 Mercedes E350 Sport Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00220 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00220 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 35% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate

2010 Mercedes E350 Sport 4MATIC Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00220 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00220 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 35% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate

Of coarse the 39 month special using 36 month residual and money factor was extended till August so no reason not to do 39 months lease over 36 month lease. As by spreading out the depreciation by those extra 3 months lowers your lease payment by almost $100 a month which is more than what the cost of your registration for the 4th year would be.
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    edited June 2010
    We picked up a E350 Lux with P2 with Panoramic roof in silver metalic retailing at $57,615. We paid $2,700 down (minimum payment, no cap recudction) and paid 723.86 a month including CA tax (almost 10%). There is no royalty or military discount. Bought the car for $2,500 below invoice. The lease is for 39 months, no MSD, but got a 0.0001 off the MF for direct monthly payment.

We paid the broker who set this up $500 which is included in the $2,700. We just drove over to the dealer, my bro signed the papers and in 30 min we were out of there. They threw in a 1 year Embrace membership.

I think getting a deal like this is possible through direct negotiations (no broker), if you are excellent at it.
  • dannye350dannye350 Member Posts: 30
    I got my e-class. Here are the particulars of my deal.

MSRP:$59,075

Sale Price: $50,639, with fleet discount, and $3500 total out of pocket. This includes $266 for a new plate, since my plate was up for renewal.

Payment is $674.00 per month with Michigan Tax 6%
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 10,000 per month

Money Factor: 0.00259
    Residual: 59
  • shimels81shimels81 Member Posts: 1
    MSRP: $55,575 ($875 destination included)
    Invoice with options $51, 747 ($875 destination included)
    Price Negotiated : $52,389

10k/yr
    36 months
    0 down
    Residual 58% (from what I was told by dealer)
    MF .00280

$983/month

How does the deal sound?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi surge352. Mercedes-Benz is not providing any lease support on the E-Coupe this month. MB Financial's June residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 E350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year is 55%. This car's money factor will be whatever MB Finance's standard factor is in your area, which is probably around .00280 to .00290 or so.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    I Neg. on a 2010 E550w4 $58,800 With P2 $6,800 Paint $720 Praktronic $950, sunroof $1,070 drive dynamic seat $650 and dest $875 MSRP $69,865 selling price $59,800 that is with job discount of $2k my credit A1 top the question is we didn't get down to rates yet what kind of rates can I get from MBZ and if I was to Lease for 36 or 39 months what should I get for that with 12k miles a year... thanks for the help..
    Hi eclipse2. The dealer invoice price of the car that you described is $65,036. Even if you were to subtract the $2,000 owner loyalty cash that is currently available on this car from that it still would only drop to $63,000. The selling price that you were quoted is way below that. If you are able to get this car for $59,800 snatch it up.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 E550 4Matic Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I believe that Mercedes allows these terms to be used for 39 month leases as well through its Value Added program.

Car_man
    Host
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    Thank you car_man for the help!! I'm getting both the loyalty 2k and my job has a 2k discount now I only have one problem my trade I know when I take it in they are gonna play games..
  • asolare1asolare1 Member Posts: 31
    What is the current MF and residual for a E550 Cabriolet 36 mos/10000 miles per month? What should the bank and document fees be (not including cost of registration and taxes)? Thanks.
    Does anyone know if Costco has a negotiated price yet for the e cabriolet and if not when they'd be likely to have one? Thanks.
    edited June 2010
    No buying program currently has a negotiated price on either E350 or E550 Cabs. More than likely no buying program will have a negotiated price any time soon as long as dealers are able to move their stock fairly easy, as the costco buying program is dealer invoice, I doubt you will see any dealers adding the Cab to the program before winter when demands for Convertibles normally drops off naturally. Depending on where you are located you can expect to get between $0 to about $2-3k discount off MSRP with bigger discounts on E350 over E550 because their are currently many more E350 on the ground. MBUSA is shipping 5-6x as many E350 as E550 which is why E550 tends to be harder to find.

The bank and document fee vary by state, in some states dealers are not allowed to mark up either fee where as in other states dealers are free to mark up both by any amount they want. The true acquisition fee charged by MBF is $795 but you will be hard pressed to find any dealer charging $795 in most states. I know in Los Angeles all dealer quote a $1095 acquisition fee. Document fee for example in Ca is capped at $50 and most dealer charge $50 and again it will be super hard to find any dealer charging less than $50 for that fee as well.

Currently unless you can afford to buy the cabs cash in my opinion, it is not worth owning them as leasing makes no sense. You can lease an SL550 for the about the same monthly lease payment as E550 currently. The current interest rate offered via MBF is 6.9% for 36 months which is not hard to beat at all. MBUSA is basically saying they want to get paid cash for these cars and have no interest to lease or finance them which is why the rates are a joke.

The current lease programs on the Cabs are as follows:

2011 Mercedes E350 Cab
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate

2011 Mercedes E550 Cab
    24 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 36% of MSRP – .00395 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr and 4% for 7.5k mi/yr on all terms.
    Thanks very much.
  • evjonevjon Member Posts: 5
    It appears that the 7/2010 lease rates for an E350 Sport Sedan on a 39 month lease are:

Residual = 56.99953%
    MF = .00174

Can any one confirm?
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    Does anyone know if their are any incentives in the E350 4-matic for July - I heard their might be some conquest money...
  • gc1278gc1278 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to lease a MB E350 sports with P1 option. Can any one tell me what is the best leasing price for this car for 39 month or 48 month I need to have a base price so i will know how to negotiate with the dealer. tks
  • pursuitpursuit Member Posts: 5
    I would like to know what the july rates for a 2011 E550 sedan are. I am going to be leasing this car in about a month and trying to get info on what the lease should be. The msrp is about 70000. What would be a good deal for a 3yr/10k per year with minimal out of pocket,first month,acc.fee,reg, Thanks
    edited July 2010
    No one is going to know the lease rates for E-Class 2011 Sedan because they are not released yet and will not be released till some time in Aug or Sept, MBF does not release or let dealer know what programs will be offered on cars that are not out. For example E-Class Cab was released on May 10, 2010 and MBF did not release the programs on the E-Class cabs till May 7 2010. MBF could discontinue the current $2k loyalty promo, raise/lower the current residual, raise/lower the current MF or discontinue the current 39 month special using the same residual and money factor as 36 lease.

More than likely the payment will not change much excluding special which they might discontinue. Worse case if they discontinue all the current factory to dealer incentives that could impact your monthly payment by about $200 per month assuming you qualified for the current $2k factory money for returning MBF customers.
    You're very welcome, eclipse2.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asolare1. Not surprisingly, Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the 2011 E550 Cabriolet. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease money factors. The last time I checked, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor was .00280 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Its current 36-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value is 58%.

Mercedes charges a $795 acquisition fee on leases. The doc fee is between you and the dealer. Some dealers charge minuscule doc fees while others try to charge doc fees of hundreds of dollars.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi evjon. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 E350 Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi benz2779. Mercedes is indeed providing conquest cash on E Sedans in July. Specifically, it has $1,000 to current Audi, BMW, and Lexus owners.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pursuit. Even though this car is not available at dealers yet, Mercedes-Benz Financial does have a lease program on it. Not surprisingly, Mercedes is not yet providing any lease support on the 2011 E550 Sedan. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time I checked, its buy rate standard lease money factor was .00280 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. It could be slightly different than that now. I'll make some calls and see if I can get an update.

MB Financial's current 36 month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for the '11 E550 Sedan is 58%.

If you provide me with the full MSRP and the approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and invoice price, of the exact car that you are interested in I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • pursuitpursuit Member Posts: 5
    When I get the pricing on the 2011 model I will post that info. Thank you
    Sounds good. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks very much. That is exactly what I was quoted and at least I now know the dealer wasn't marking it up.
  • awinnerawinner Member Posts: 27
    Please let me know if you feel there is any wiggle room on this deal
    E350
    black/black
    10,000 year
    prem pkg. 1
    39 months

total drive off $1,900 and monthly is $639.97, taxes included!

On top of that I have 7 months left on my MB lease with them, I know they forgive 5 months of payments and they factored in my last 2 payments of (643.00x2). I know there is a $2,000 loyalty for current MB clients. I am trying to get them to add chrome wheels and/or change the color of the car to steel grey, but they have informed me that they are only profiting about $208 on the deal...any thoughts or comments would be appreciated asap. Thanks.
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    I am confused as to how people on this forum are getting payments quoted of $600-700 for lease on an E350 coupe. I went to Mercedes Monday and was told I couldn't lease for less than $800 basically. I told the salesman about the quotes I have seen here and he basically told me people aren't telling the truth about the quotes they are getting. I don't buy that for a minute, so how are you getting these rates? Am I not negotiating properly? Even when I calculate the lease payment based on the info I get here, I come up with $800 or so. I was thinking people were putting money down, but in many cases they are not. I live in Texas. Should I get my car from another state?

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • evjonevjon Member Posts: 5
    Just leased (7/10/2010) a 2010 E350 sport - P1, metallic paint, 15,000 miles/yr, 39 months. $3500 down, $562/month including 6% Florida sales tax. 3 months on remaining lease waived. And I am telling the truth. And the dealer will ship out of state.
  • buddyluv1buddyluv1 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Hecara,

Can you please pass along the name of the dealership and name of person that you got this deal from? Would love to speak to them. Did you lease the sedan or the coupe?
    I am in the Los Angeles area and they are being really aggressive with prices...one dealership told me that the dealership who is quoting me the price made a mistake on the residual and that they don't believe I will get the car, and if i do...sign that contract and run! Another dealership was within $500 dollars of the total cost. The car has an MSRP of $53,425, the residual was 58%, based on 10k miles. Do you think there is any room to go lower than $639.97/month with $1900 drive off?
    You're welcome asolare1.

Car_man
    Host
    I wanted to make a correction...the residual was 57%.....picked up the car yesterday...looks great!
  • alaronalaron Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to thank Car_Man and everyone else her for the amazing amount of detailed information I have received prior to making my purchase. You guys are awesome!

On that note, I am actually working with a dealership in Florida for a 2010 e350 coupe with 20100 miles on it. It is certified, has no P1 or P2 package and the current going rate is $45,582. Would you guys say that this is a fair deal? Should it be lower, and what would you say would be a good OTD price / monthly payment option?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    Thanks for replying evjon!
    What was the residual and money factor used?
    What did the $3500 entail that you put down?
    Is the metallic paint the paint that costs extra or the standard one?

I knew people on here were telling it like it was. There were too many people who were posting info that was drastically different from what I was told. Would you mind sending me the dealers info??

Thanks again!
  • adeitzadeitz Member Posts: 2
    What dealer and who is the sales guy. Looking for the same deal except I want the P2 with AMG rims
  • adeitzadeitz Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer in Florida? Looking for BLK/TAN P2 AMG rims evrything else is the same.
  • pilldocpilldoc Member Posts: 6
    Will dealer give the same "off msrp" to prospective buyer or leasee? :)
  • jayrcruzjayrcruz Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I went to my local Mercedes dealership and i was quoted:

10,000 miles/yr
    39 month lease

$799 month (tax included)
    $2800 initial payment including everything (first month, title, doc etc.)
    The MSRP on everything is $64.015. I get the car for $56,000

The options are:

Black on Black MB tex
    Premium 1 and 2 packeges
    Amg 18'' Wheel Package including sport steering wheel.
    Chrome door handles
    Rear Deck Spoiler
    Parktronic with Parking Guidance
    Panorama Sunroof
    Drive Dynamic Multicontour Driver Seat
    Rear Seat Entertainment Sytem

I just want to know if im getting a good deal and if i should pull the trigger. This is my first time leasing at mercedes benz. Thank you in advance.
  • 1003008gl1003008gl Member Posts: 11
    Car man:

Please help. I was quoted a 2010 E550, MSRP 63175, 39 month lesae, 15000 miles/year, $2000 drive off, for $943.xx (taxes 9.25% included in Southern California). I think the dealer told me that he is giving me the car for $58175. Is this a fair deal or can I do better? My lease is up on my bmw this week and I have to make a decision in the next few days. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi buddyluv1,
    That wasn't my deal. Someone responded to my post. They included the info you wanted in another reply though.
    Hi,
    I am going to the dealership tomorrow to talk numbers. I am interested in leasing an E350 coupe, P1 package, 12K miles, 36-42 months. Can someone PLEASE tell me the current money factor and residual? Also, what bottom line price should I look for as far as cost? I know its not the MSRP, so what is a good number? I have printed out the "what people are paying" with Edmunds. Is that the number to go with? Please help! I am leasing on my own so I need all the help I can get....
    2010 e350 sport sedn :shades: P2,amg wheel pkg,pano sunroof, Palladium metalic
    MSRP 58,295
    Neg cap cost 52,500(thank you costco)
    3250 down
    689+ tax 39 month lease
    probobly could have done a bit better, what u guys think?
  • jayrcruzjayrcruz Member Posts: 3
    hey which dealership did you get that deal from?
    mbz of foothill ranch, california
    ask for coscto fleet salesman his name is MOE(very nice guy)
    tell him Evan the pharmacist refered you
    and dont take his first offer neg a bit :-)
This discussion has been closed.