Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The quote was for the car we drove, not a Bluetec (as this dealer didn't have any). It included the conquest money... and the 33 month term is the best for the E350 4Matic

But, that was just their offer... we aren't in the market for that car (due to the lease price), so I didn't ask them to structure it exactly the way I want.. That's just their initial quote... Selling price was about $2700 off MSRP..

We just wasted their time, because the closest dealer with a diesel is 2 hours away... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

..included 3-year scheduled maintenance, as well...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• seattlecruiserseattlecruiser Member Posts: 45
    If it's a 2011 they'd drop the price quite a bit more. I understand you want the BT, but just as a reference point I got the 4matic, almost exact MSRP as the one you drove for under $500/month before tax on a 33 month/12k lease w/o cap reduction. Selling price with conquest was 10k off MSRP. Took pretty hard-nosed bargaining, but $9k off would have been a walk in the park.

Now if they only had the BT with 4matic I'd be in hog heaven!
    This dealer sold their demo while we were there, and only had two E350 4Matics left.. Maybe, if they still have the car at the end of the month.. but, doubt they would knock off that much, right now.. The 2012 E-Class aren't even on the lot, yet...

I really think I've got a better shot at the diesel, and might be able to do $500/mo. on that one, with no CAP reduction... just MSDs....

Plus, while the car is very nice, it's not exactly our style... 24 months might be long enough.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited October 2011
    Hi gator5000e. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00162 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are .00162 and 70%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello kball2. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00192 and 70%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Kyfdx's correct, the 2012s do indeed have $2,000 conquest cash available on them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • gocard1gocard1 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks to all who are so helpful on this forum. I have a few questions on various topics I have read -- instead of having a really long e-mail (!), I'm going to break them up by subject matter.

I've read about the multiple security deposits reducing the money factor on the lease and that you can have up to 10 of them.

1.What is the reduction per security deposit individually and in the aggregate if you use 10 of them?

2. Is the amount of the security deposit the monthly payment plus tax. If not, what is it?

3. I think I've also read that you also earn 5% interest on the mutliple security deposits. Is that correct? Or is it simply that you get a better money factor so it works out to a 5% return?

Appreciate the input!
    I most recently drove a Porsche, which I returned off of lease at the end of July. I have been driving our 3rd car, a '99 E430 since then.

1. Would I be able to qualify for Conquest given that the former car was a Porsche but it was returned 3 months ago?

2. Would I be entitled to a Loyalty bonus for the '99 E 430 or is it too old to qualify?

3. What are the Conquest bonus and Loyalty bonus for a 2012 E 350 Cabriolet?

4. If you qualify for either or both of these bonuses, can they be used with anything else or if you use them, are you ineligible for other bonuses and incentives.
    Does one have to be in the military/military-related to join USAA and get the incentive? Can non-military affiliated folks do so?

I understand that the USAA Incentive can only be used by itself and not with other incentives. Is that correct?

What is the incentive for a 2012 E 350 Cabriolet.

Thanks!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    1) each security deposit lowers your mf by .00007 and you can have up to 10 security deposits

2) It is either your monthly payment including tax after the MF is adjusted for MSD's (this is what my dealer insisted was right) or, the correct way to do it is apparently to calculate the monthly payment without MSD's, round that number up to the nearest $50 and that's the amount of each security payment (I am told this is what is in the mercedes finance manual). I can't tell you what your dealer will do...most have no idea about Multiple Security Deposits at all. It's a good deal either way.

3) You earn closer to 10%/yr on the money that you put into MSD's and that is due to the lower monthly payments. You don't actually get interest on that money.
    Conquest qualification is a mystery. You dont sign anything that says you own a competitive car and they don't require a copy of the registration from that car. It appears (at least at my dealer) to be something done on faith.

Also on stacking bonuses, dealers seem to do different things. My only advice is to try to get every one of them. I am pretty sure they won't stack conquest and USAA, but the rest seem to be fair game depending on the dealer.
  • texasplaythintexasplaythin Member Posts: 9
    For Conquest, all my dealer required was an insurance card with a BMW, Porsche, Lexus, etc. listed - that's it (no registration or anything), so my insurance agent agreed to give me a 1-day binder for a BMW (used a friend's VIN #). I just took that to dealer and qualified for $4,000 credit.

Bottom-Line: anyone can get the Conquest credit.
    That was very clever :)
    Salesperson e-mailed me... Selling price is a whopping $900 off MSRP (minus the $4000 conquest money) :surprise:

Pretty forthcoming on the itemized lease parameters... Came in around $585/mo. and that didn't include tax..... which I didn't realize until I did the calculations..

I replied that we were about $2600 apart... and, your number doesn't include tax, right?.. His next reply, "Is the inclusion of tax the only thing keeping us from a deal" :surprise:

Uh no.... the tax I can deal with... it's the $2600!! LOL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Do they really think that customers are that dumb? I think you should post the dealership name, city and state and then tell them to look at this forum :)
    Well... to be fair, this salesperson doesn't do his own deals... he just takes the numbers to a manager, who spits them back..

And, we've never stepped foot in his dealership. If we were within $500-$1000, I might just head up there and attempt to close the deal. (I don't mind getting dirty...lol).

But, to tell you the truth, my wife isn't enthusiastic about getting a Mercedes.... she is worried about what the neighbors might say.. Plus, it's a bigger car than she is used to..

If I can get it for $500/mo. including tax, with just 1st payment and MSDs, I'll get it... but, nothing more..

I've got nothing bad to say about the dealership... it's only about 10% of dealers that will do a deal as described here.... I only tried the closest one with a diesel.. If my wife were stuck on the car, I'd start shopping the next three or four closest that had a diesel... but, she isn't..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Don't buy a car your wife doesn't want to drive....big big mistake. However, you should be able to lease a 2011 BlueTec with P1/P2 for 24mos 12K/year for under $500/month....using MSD's and no down payment, as you want.....and don't forget to include mercedes maintenance in that lease.
    Thanks for the advice..

Just got another email....

They've dropped from $587+ tax ($622 total) to $556 including tax... That includes maintenance .. That's about $525/mo. + tax.. That's about $1250 more to get down to the magic $500/mo. number with tax included...

But, your biggest piece of advice was about the wife... Did I tell you about the BMW Z4 that I leased on Labor Day weekend? 24mo./20K lease... $335/mo. with $335 + $2450 MSDs due at signing... Service loaner with 11K miles... original MSRP $55K.. :surprise:

My wife loved it so much, that now her friend is driving it... just waiting for BMWFS to get the title, so I can transfer the lease.... :(

She is very reticent about the Mercedes.... but, seems to be on board with an Infiniti G37X.. we'll see...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I've driven the G37 as a loaner while they were working on my M37....it's a fun car...very peppy, nicely finished....you won't go too far wrong with it. BTW, Infiniti MSD's are worth .0001 each which is much better than Mercedes...but the limit is 7.

Stay away from the M37 though....I bought myself out of that lease because I considered the car unsafe in some situations.
    Thanks for the reminder on Infiniti MSDs... don't know how I let that get by me.... I've got VPP D-plan on the Infiniti... saves about $20/mo. over what they were offering...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What are you guys paying for the Maintenance Program residualized for the 24 month lease on 2011 E350 Bluetec?
    Dealership's finance guy is saying I can't take MSD's off of special .00192 financing rate -- only the normal .00240 rate. Is this correct?
    On the deal I was working... 2 yr maintenance on the diesel was $1129 MSRP and they charged about $1080.... Can not be residualized...

Their rate after 10 MSDs was .00155, so started with .00225....

Said they couldn't do MSDs off the .00192 rate..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Oh no...here we go again...I feel like I'm being forced to watch Adventures of Jake Speed or a Silver Spoons marathon.

But all joking aside, this issue has materialized several times now(check out post #1813). There doesn't appear to be a definitive answer as individuals on this forum have had varying experiences. Some, such as myself, were able to use MSD on 0.00192 while others used MSD on MF's up to 0.00240. My personal assessment is that it appears to be at the discretion of the dealer, but again I don't know given the inconsistencies.

I'm a proponent of MSD's in this economy regardless of MF as you save ~2pts in interest charges. And at the end of the day, its up to you as to whether the deal is sensible.

Cheers!
  • stockerupstockerup Member Posts: 7
    I purchased an E-350 and paid cash for the extended warranty. I want to trade for a later model but have been told that I can't get a credit for the warranty. Has anybody experienced this? I feel like I am getting duped.
    I don't know what you were told...but when you buy maintenance on any car, it's on that car....in some cases, it might be transferable to a new owner, but it stays with the car.
    The really strange thing about the leasing inconsistencies (what mf base do you use with MSD's; what is the amount of each security deposit) is that Mercedes seems not to care what the dealer does. Surely some of the leases discussed here don't meet Mercedes guidelines and rules, yet no one has posted that their dealer has come back for more money nor has anyone had any communications from Mercedes about their lease.

I just can't imagine a finance company or finance division that is so carefree about their contracts....and who give dealers different information when they call in for help.
    gh.... I might have a deal on the G37X... Will post in that discussion, soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• weakestlinkweakestlink Member Posts: 42
    I have a theory on the "inconsistencies". As a precursor, the dealer is allowed to mark up the money factor from their "buy rate" and can profit from the difference. They are a for profit business and each dealer can decide if or how much they want to mark up the rate.

Based on the various things I have been told, I believe that you cannot use the MSDs to reduce from the promotional money factor of .00192. You must start from the "standard" money factor. However, there are different "standard" money factors. Tier 1 credit may have .00195 as the "standard" money factor and other credit tiers may have .00225 or .0024 as the "standard" money factor. So those people that are getting the MSD reductions from the .00192 may either 1) have a dealer that made a mistake or 2) have a dealer that is really starting from .00195 and may be eating the insignificant cost to bring it down from .00195 to .00192.

Just my opinion.
    Dealer residualized my maintenance. Only $16 per month for 24 months. $400 bucks better than $1200 for the two services.
  • enano74enano74 Member Posts: 7
    He is partially correct. You can not use a special rate in conjunction with MSDs. I actually had the dealer call MBFS and also saw a printout with a note confirming this. If a dealer does it, great, but that would be the exception. Now, having said that, once the dealer process your credit application MBFS will spit out a report with the tier they put you based on your credit history and the appropriate rate (money factor). I qualified on the A1 tier and my money factor was 0.00195 (slightly more than the promotional rate of 0.00192). The dealer called MBFS again and they confirmed that you can apply MSDs to your specific rate. Using 10 MSDs and automatic pay I was able to get my rate down to 0.00115. Long story short, I got my E350 Bluematic with P1, sports package and heated seats for $335 a month. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Good luck!
  • enano74enano74 Member Posts: 7
    They let me include my 2 year maintenance on my lease and residualized it.

Correct. No 0.00192 but make sure they start the calculations using whatever money factor MBFS gives you based on your credit application. If they say no, politely ask them to call MBFS while you are there to double check. My sales guy was amazed by the amount of information I had. He even joked about giving me a job there.....lol
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Car Man or Kyfdx, can you give the October 15k residuals for a 2012 E350W4 for 24 and 36 months, and are any variations such as 33 or 39 months available? As well as the actual buy rate money factor? And are the 12k and 10k residuals still 2 and 3% different?
    That's a good point about the credit tiers.... The dealer with the diesel didn't run my credit, before quoting.... They were using the .00225 money factor..... So, they were either assuming 2nd tier, or marking up the rate.. Something I'll keep in mind for my next negotiation...

They didn't residualize the two year maintenance on my 24 month quote... I was just going by the brochure that said you couldn't... that makes a huge difference on a 24 month lease ($30-$35/month savings if residualized)..

It sounds like MBCC just about takes any contract they send in... and, doesn't worry about it... I once had a contract kicked back on a Honda lease... because they used .00239 as the MF, and the actual MF was .00236.. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rayoo1rayoo1 Member Posts: 1
    CAR MAN could you post the money factor and residual for E SEDAN 350 24 AND 36 months and 10k and 12k/year
  • want2leasewant2lease Member Posts: 3
    I am moving from NYC to Colorado in early November and need a new car. The local Denver Mercedes dealer has a single 2011 E350 BlueTEC in stock at a MSRP of $58705. I have no problem putting down the multiple MSD. I have excellent credit and should qualify as A1 tier. I want to lease for 24 months at 10k miles per year. Sales tax in CO is 7.5% (I believe).

Here are my questions...
    Q1. I currently own a 1996 Volvo 850, does that qualify me for Conquest? I also am insured on my bosses personal 2006 Volvo V70 so I should be able to get an insurance card for that if necessary.
    Q2. What is a is a fair selling price after Conquest?
    Q3. I see that the dealer I am looking at usually tries to charge acquisition fees of $1095, can I get this down to $795?
    Q4. Can you give me a rough breakdown of what my lease payment should be?
    Q5. Once armed with the knowledge from everyone here should I contact the dealer and tell what I am willing to pay or do I have to "negotiate"?
    Q6. In your opinion, is it more effective to email or call?
    Q7. Is it possible to do all this from NY and have it done before the end of October (want the Conquest) without going to to Colorado until November 5th?

Thanks to everyone in advance for answering all my questions...
  • cfopvcfopv Member Posts: 6
    I am in a '09 Mercedes E350 lease that terminates in March of 2013. Yesterday, I checked the payoff of the lease and noticed it was less than the trade-in value as shown here on Edmunds. Would a dealer be interested in paying off the lease to obtain my vehicle as a used vehicle in order to sign me to a new lease?
    1) you just have to own a volvo
    2) somewhere between $7500 and $10K off MSRP
    3) depends on your negotiating skills as does "administration fee"
    4)
    5) Personally, I would get a quote from the dealer first...and then negotiate. Be clear that you want to put no money down on the car, but you want to take the maximum 10 MSDs...and that you want 24 mos of mercedes basic maintenance included in the lease
    6) phone with email backup to document what you said on the phone.
    7) should be no problem....overnight air works well.

Too many unknowns to give you a monthly cost.
    Thank you for the insight. I've started the conversation via email and will hopefully be able to reach a good deal for both MB and especially for me.

One more question. The car has 2800 miles on it, that seems higher than normal. Can I make this work to my favor in some way. I was told it never went into service so it is technically a new car.
  • escalade24escalade24 Member Posts: 45
    Carman, can you post the 33 month lease rates for the e350. Thank you very much in advance.
    Hi want2lease,
    If the car has 2800 miles on it, I recommend that you push for a figure closer to $10K (or more) off of MSRP. You have additional justification insofar as that I suspect RWD cars are not as prized as AWD cars in CO. But make sure that you are able to secure the discount while getting a reasonable MF as you don't want them to use a higher rate, such as 0.00240, for MSD calculation.

Cheers!
    It looks like I have a lot of work to do, just got this email which is thin on details. I guess it is a starting point...

This is how the lease calculates:

With no down payment

24 months

10,000 miles per year

1st payment up front and 23 additional of $541.78 plus sales tax

When we add the prepaid maintenance the payment is $578.78 plus tax

Please let me know what questions you may have. We have an online

credit application that you can complete / be sure to put my name on it

so it will come to me

Thanks,again.
  • gator5000egator5000e Member Posts: 90
    I received the following on an offer for a lease of a 2010 Coupe.

MSRP - $57,485 - includes SO1 Package (single disc CD), Wheel Locks ($140); rear spoiler ($300), Wood Trim Package ($780), Appearance Package 18" AMG Twin 5-S ($1,990),

Preferred Discount - $3,525 (Includes $2,000 for current lease payments - Conquest?)

Destination - $875
    Tax - $3,525
    Tag/Registration - $348
    Dealer Service Fee - $699

Total Due - $58,326

24 month Lease - 10K miles - $886 (MF .00200) with $2,000 cash at signing
    36 month lease - 10K miles - $803 (MF.00200) with $2,000 cash at signing

With the 10 MSDs, the MF reduces to .00195. Payments still $855 and $795 respectively;

I know I am missing something here but on first offer doesn't sound like much of a deal. ANy thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    .. from one of the dealers that had a Bluetec, left...

$488/mo., including tax.... not including maintenance..

24mo/20K lease..

Salesman suggested leaving off the maintenance... Said to just do the 10K service, as long as you don't hit 20K... (not sure about that advice)..

Nice price, but the wife already decided on another car... :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chalkie1chalkie1 Member Posts: 17
    Does anybody know if the $4000.00 conquest money (or any amount) is available for 2012 E or C class cars?
    Hi Chalkie1,
    My dealer told me that one would get $2000 of Conquest cash towards any 2012 MB model.

Cheers!
    Hi Gator5000e,
    There are two items that seem incorrect to me.
    1. You should receive $4000 of Conquest cash on any 2010 or 2011 E class in addition to the $ you negotiate.
    2. If you use 10 MSDs, you should receive a 0.0007 reduction. Therefore, the MF=0.00200-0.0007=0.00130. Based on your numbers above, the dealer is suggesting a 'highly marked up' MF (0.00195+0.0007=0.00265) for MSD.

Cheers!
  • escalade24escalade24 Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2011
    Hey;

Do any of you guys know what the residual and money factor is this month for 24 or 33 months with 10k miles a month on a 2011 E350?

Thanks in advance.
  • gator5000egator5000e Member Posts: 90
    Sorry, I screwed up one important factor. It was a 2012 E 350 coupe not a 2010. Pretty important difference, huh. Anyway any thoughts now?
This discussion has been closed.