Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    E320CDI has a diesel engine..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mtamta Member Posts: 8
    Diesel Engine on the CDI. If you don't need 4Matic, take a look at them - great gas mileage (27/37 MPG), higher torque, rather quiet.
  • bsedrishbsedrish Member Posts: 26
    Thanks to both of you. A couple more questions:

1. I assume the diesel engine does not still require diesel fuel, meaning it allows for regular fuel?

2. What does the AMG version of these cars get you?

3. Does anyone know what the July MB Credit numbers look like (money factor,etc) relative to June? Did they get better?

Thanks a lot
  • myerslawmyerslaw Member Posts: 21
    Lawyers are used to groveling and begging, so here goes again: please mrtrance let the rest of us waiting to lease E series' vehicles where you got your fantastic deal!
  • mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    I got the deal at FJMB in Newport Beach. I had to do a little haggling to get them to a decent price.
  • desgnconcptsdesgnconcpts Member Posts: 53
    Dear Car_Man,

Can you post the July rate information -- have incentives ($2,000 cash to dealer) increased over June?

MF -- can you post July rate
    Residuals -- what are the incented plans (27 mos?) (36 mos?)
    for 12,000 mi and 15,000 mi per year.

Are these rates different for 4Matic models vs regular sedan?
    I am interested in the 4Matic models.

Thank you in advance.
    Kind Regards,
    Desgnconcpts
  • mtamta Member Posts: 8
    Was offered a $7,000 discount on a Black 4Matic with Premium Package (MSRP $56,275 is now $49,275). Is this a good deal?

I haven't talked lease with them as I said I was going to probably finance. I'm now thinking of a lease. Based upon that and the lease rates for MB financial, can someone tell me what my lease payment should be with 10K miles per year and 27 months with $0 down as suggested by everyone on the board?

Side topic - is it true that I would need to buy an aftermarket BlueTooth accessory kit in order to use my phone and the car's speaker system? Seems that BlueTooth connectivity should be standard in this day and age and I know is compatible with the other vehicle I'm considering (Infiniti M35).
    Thank you
  • venturacarguyventuracarguy Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for not responding earlier - I was camping and unable to access the 'net.

I pulled the trigger on a deal:

E350 Wagon
    Premium Package
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel
    Power Tailgate

MSRP: $57,075
    Sales Price: $47,035

Lease Deal:

$795 Acquisition Fee
    $374.75 Registration
    $1,050 CCR
    $133.78 Sales Tax
    $646.17 1st month lease
    Total drive-off $3,000

Lease payment $602.49 plus tax

Residual value 54%
    Money Factor .00236

3 years, 12k/yr

I am pretty happy with this. I am sure someone out there did better, but I would bet that most did not.

I went ahead and put the $1k down just to keep the payment a little lower, primarily for psychological reasons (this is by far the most expensive vehicle I have every acquired).

The only explanation on why my residual is lower than others posting here (and believe me, I looked everywhere, and 54% was the best I could find) is that perhaps wagons are a couple percent lower. This would actually make sense, as a wagon is likely to be hammered by little kids (I know mine will be testing the MB-Tex!).

My dealer was Silver Star in Thousand Oaks, CA. There was some initial reluctance on their part to give me the price I wanted. Once that point was settled, everything else was smooth. The car is awesome.

BTW, I agree with MTA that bluetooth should be standard, as in the M35. Any input on this would be interesting.

• smercsmerc Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a new E350 sedan. Silver/Charcoal.

2006 E350 Silver/Charcoal
    Premium Package (with DVD)
    Sat. Radio
    All-Weather Mats

$0 CCR
    Upfront Taxes, Fees & 1st Month $2600
    10k per year
    $576 / month with taxes

What do you think?
    sounds good. what was the breakout on the $2600? what taxes did you have to pay upfront that were not already rolled into your monthly pmt?

based on what I have heard, this is good (although I want to understand the $2600).

a few questions:

what is MF?
    what is residual on 10k miles?
    what did they quote you as MSRP and what was the discount?
    How many months?

i think it sounds like you got a good deal, as I have been looking for this exact car and have been pushing hard to get a deal at right at $580 month with tax. I was going after 15,000 miles so I want to understand what the residual quote was and the $2600 better
  • phil_in_socalphil_in_socal Member Posts: 28
    note that dvd is part of premium package. is this on 27mo lease?

07's are coming out soon (this month i think) so better deals should be just around the corner. harman kardon system, sunroof and rear share (and others) are standard in 07's not to mention slight front facia and rear changes. this will definitely drive the 06 price down even more.

if you can wait till this summer sale event's over i bet there will be better deals, prolly 20% off msrp or possibly more.
    Phil

Is there somewhere where we can see what the new 07s look like? I did not know they were changing the body.

Do you know if they are also modifying the C280 body as well?
    not sure of changes on c-class for 07, but supposed to be redesigning the entire c line up in 08, will be available by mid next year.

the 07 e class specs and photos are available here in edmunds. check out the new car section, mb e class has the 07 info.
  • David EhrlichmanDavid Ehrlichman Member Posts: 47
    Sounds like a sweet deal!
    What state are you in?

I am looking at a 35o with just the premium pkg and sunroof.

The best I got was 550.00
    Can someone pls tell me what the money factor is on the E350s from MB and what the residual percentage would be on a 27 month lease?

Thanks
    mf is .0023, residual is 71% for 27 mo lease (base on tier 1 credit).
  • lanewbielanewbie Member Posts: 25
    That residual is right but the money factor isn't. It's .0021.
    And that residual is only right for a 10K miles per year lease. It would be less for a 12K or 15K.
    15k per yr residual is i believe at 68%. the .0021 mf is about .5 % less from what mb financing is advertising for their summer event, where did you get this from?
  • dmscuba2dmscuba2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

We are considering leasing the E320 CDI with premium package. Our credit is not so great. FICO score is 660. Here is what they are offering us:

Price $49,750
    Residual $32,000
    Term: 39 months
    Mileage: 7,500 year

Lease payment $699.00

Is this a pretty good deal?

Thanks.
    ok, I just pulled the trigger on an E350W.

July MB money factor is .0023 (5.52%)
    residual on 12,000 miles is 70%

Here is the deal for a 27 month lease with 12,000 miles per annum:

E350W
    Mettalic paint
    Wood/Leater Steering Wheel (289)
    Premium Package (526)
    Sirius Satellite Radio Includes 6 months (536)

MSRP = $55,495
    Cap Cost = $47,962 (if you are going to do the calc add another $318 dollars on to the number b/c I am putting down $1750 and $2068 is needed to cover drive off costs (including first month lease pmt) so they are capitalizing the difference) - cap cost is 86% of MSRP

Lease Per Month - $595 with taxes
    this does not seem like a good deal.

what is the MSRP on the car? your mileage is very low and the MSRP is going to be lower than the E350 I just posted (see the numbers I just posted on a deal that I just did) so these numbers seem high.

The discount off of the MSRP does not seem that attractive given that the 2007s are due out any day and the dealers are trying to move the 06s.

Ask the dealer:

a) what the residual percentage is he is assuming (you can back into it by dividing $32k/MSRP)
    b) what money factor he is using
    c) what the msrp is (you can compare this with the stated msrp if you look on line on Edmunds)

Is there any cap cost reduction (meaning are you putting any money down other than stardard drive off costs)?
  • dmscuba2dmscuba2 Member Posts: 2
    We are considering leasing the E320 CDI with premium package. Our credit is not so great. Credit score is 660. Here is what they are offering us:

MSRP: $55,465
    Price $49,750
    Residual $32,000 (58% residual factor of MSRP..seems low)
    Term: 39 months
    Mileage: 7,500 year

Lease payment $699.00 - $1,000 drive off
    (per my calcs 9% interest rate (mf = .00375)

Is this a pretty good deal considering our credit score?
    you should push on a lower cap cost as I think you can do better. Here is the key info on the 320:

2006 E Class 4dr Sedan E320 CDI / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 66% of MSRP – .00230 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00230 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 48% of MSRP – .00230 Base Money Factor Rate

36 months and 15,000 miles is 57% residual so it def seems low on your residual calculation given you are taking half the miles and only extending the lease for 3 more months

I don't know what a 660 credit score does to the MB financing top credit mf of .0023 so someone else will need to chime in.
  • veebee6566veebee6566 Member Posts: 2
    Could you help with the latest lease numbers for E55 Residual, Money Factor for a 3yr and 4yr 15,000 miles I am looking to lease in So. Cal

Thanks
    I just received my motor vehicle lease agreement from MB and they want to charge me a fee equal to one month lease payment upon vehicle turn-in (it is 3A under the lease agreement entitled "vehicle turn-in fee"). Is this standard or should I refuse to pay.
  • carsearch42carsearch42 Member Posts: 1
    I was told this was a good deal but dont know for sure. Any help you all can give would be really appreciated

E350
    Premium Package (626)
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Keyless Go

MSRP: $56000.00
    Lease: $599.00/month for 27 months - includes tax
    Drive Off Total: $5900.00
    12K miles
    How do I calculate if this is a good deal or not? Can someone list the MF and Residuals for the 350 for 10K, 12K and 15K each please.
    It was suggested in and earlier post, to wait until the Summer Event is over for even better pricing and discounts due to 07's arriving. Is this still true? Does anyone know if the MF MB is offering in their Summer Event promotion will still be around after July 31st? :confuse:
    Thanks!!
  • longhornjefflonghornjeff Member Posts: 7
    Regarding taxes levied in Texas... as long as the vehicle being leased is used primarily (>50%) for non-profit (personal) use, you can apply for tax exemption on the lease. I think it's TX tax code 11.252 and application #50-286. Here is a link http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/50-286.pdf
  • kea7721kea7721 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Everyone,

I have just started looking to lease a new E350 with premium package. Can someone tell me what to expect to pay on a 39 month lease, 15K with maybe 1st month and tax title and license down? Also, I would be interested in any suggestions on the name of a dealership that someone may have had had success with. I am in the DFW area, but I don't mind traveling to get the best deal. :confuse:

THANKS!
  • rajeerajee Member Posts: 29
    I have a deal on an 06 MB E350 with premium package and only 600 miles for about $41500. I'm in NJ the car's in FL. I would have to pay for transport, taxes and other costs so realistically I'm looking at 44,500.... The hitch is that this was a manufacturer buy back with a transmission problem - which is now repaired... we're talking a 'lemon' I guess ....and I gotta shell out 40k or so from the bank account because there's no attractive financing offers right now through the dealer (it's not MB)

The question is - I intend to keep it for 5-6 years at least... Will this lemon issue really affect me as a private seller 6 years from now or should I jump on this deal ...

In comparison, I see 06 E350 with about 10k miles (still 'new' really...) for a little more... about 43500 but hoping to haggle that down .... I would think this would cross the 46k mark with fees and stuff ... But this would qualify for 2.9% financing right now (the other one does not ebcause it's not an MB dealer) ... This car is in NJ itself so that saves me transportation costs and gives me in person haggling/test drivability...(is that a word lol)...

I'm thinking I have no clue which to go for ...

I'm also thinking the one that can be financed can also likely be leased ... if I want to take things easy on my wallet for now ... with the intent to purchase the car at the end of the lease .... What money factor and residual should i look for? I was told .0023 and 70% for 27 months on brand new cars ...

The other question is ... does the car in NJ have the Nav (premium package or not) ...the online ad says yes but the guy on the phone sounded confused as all hell so that's not helping me! ...

PLEASE HELP ... (I think when I put it on paper the second one is more logical hahaha but the gut was leaning towards the first one initially)... :confuse:
    this is not a good deal.

i just leased a e350 with prem package, wood steering wheel and sat radio for $595 per month (including tax) with $1750 drive off.
  • kea7721kea7721 Member Posts: 3
    bsedrish,

Would you please tell the price you negotiated on the car. Also what state you live in.

THANKS!! :)
  • dct71dct71 Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on this are appreciated. I'm in So Cal:

'06 E350
    27 mo lse, 15k mi, sunroof pkg
    3200 total drive off and mo pymts of 500 even (including tax and license)

MSRP was 52,325
    Price is 44,767
  • wlknmanwlknman Member Posts: 1
    It may be a little high. Don't put money down if you can except the traditional issue of license, taxes, and registration. If the car is stolen you are out of the cash.

I recently had a great deal with MBZ on an E350
    '06 E350
    27 month Lease
    premium package
    sport package w/18 inch 10 spoke wheels
    pass through seat
    wood steering wheel

MSRP$58.3k
    I only paid for 1st month, taxes, license and registration, roughly $1k in CA.
    $600/mth plus tax

They are staying tough on the money factor and residual, but are willing to help out to get these out the door. If you don't care to much on the color, this weekend may be the best opportunity.

Nice car with solid feel especially in sport mode vs standard e350 with 17 wheels and a softer ride. Plus with the new e63 and Porsche 4 door sedan coming, why buy now when you can lease so cheap? Navigation is weak considering that Honda and Toyota cars have great and intuitive NAV systems. 2007 is supposed to be better. But, hey that is what TomTom is for....

Now let's take it for a spin.
  • blueyfishblueyfish Member Posts: 36
    I got a quote from Valley Motors in the Baltimore area yesterday. The quote was as follows:
    2006 E320 CDI Net Price: 51200
    Buy Rate .0023
    Residual 62%
    Term 39 months
    Taxes & Tags included
    MSRP $55465.00
    Payment $725.94

This seems a little high. What do you think? By the way there was no down payment. Just the first months payment.

Thanks
    What was the capitalized cost kabcpab? I think I did considerably better than that but don't have the numbers handy. Your money factor is high. I'll post when I can find my info but if you can put your capitalized cost in the meantime I can put it in my model and see.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    Are you sure this is 2007 ? Looks like 2006 model deal.
    BTW, friend of mine just leased E500 4matic at NJ dealer for $575 a month including tax - $1,800 out of pocket due at signing for 27 months 10,000 miles a year. I was shocked with his deal. He did it muuuuch better than me. Mine is E350 4matic, the same out of pocket, with premium and pano roof for 656 per month including NY tax. I thought I got bargain, but he did something veeery special. Good luck to you all.
  • blueyfishblueyfish Member Posts: 36
    Is anyone aware of the new lease programs for August? When I was at the dealership Saturday, they were insistant that the new program would not be as good.
    Thanks
  • kabcpabkabcpab Member Posts: 6
    Don't know the Cap Cost - but the rate was actually .000230 or the same rate offered on the 06' model - i bought an 07' again i got 15,000 miles per year which is on average what most people drive. if you factor that in over 27 mos. on the difference of a 10,000 per year - that's close to 3000.00 in additional mileage charges at 25cents a mile, BTW Mercedes says they no longer do 20 per mile for the first 10,000 over than to 25 cents a mile after that. That program thru Mercedes lease stopped in January. AGAIN - no out of pocket at all a big ZERO which means i can invest that 2000.00 grand everyone is putting down when you don't need to.
    I think you mean .0023, not .000230. That's a lot better than the .0028 you originally posted, and it lines up with what most people here say they get. I did a little better.

If you don't know your cap cost you probably paid too much, in my opinion. It's written right at the top of the set of numbers that lead to your lease payment, on the lease. You should check, so we can figure out how good a deal you got. (By the way, I'm not saying it was bad, at all - I think you did pretty good, but not the best as you initially said.)

The difference between 10K and 15K miles is 2 points on your residual. With a lease model (such as the one at edmunds.com) you can figure out how much that is worth. I can figure it out for you if you like. You shouldn't compare it to the 25 cents per mile, that charge is more than what a mile is really worth (you're right that it's what you have to pay for extra miles, but it's not what you have to pay in the initial lease if you handle it right.)

Let me know!
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    '07 E350 with msrp of $56835
    Based on lease a price of $55235 and a PREPAID lease for 24 mos. and 10000 mi. per year is a total price of $21028.57.

This includes all fees except the second year license plate renewal.
    Wow...it looks like $876 a month. Hmmm...it's a big step up from 2006 model prices. People lease 2006 lately at 550 - 650 range ....no prepaid.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Wow...it looks like $876 a month. Hmmm...it's a big step up from 2006 model prices. People lease 2006 lately at 550 - 650 range ....no prepaid.

Are the $550-650 per mo. rates you mention for 2006 cars stickering at $58000+?
    Here is my lease.
    I got my car on June 1, 2006.
    2006 E350 4MATIC, Premium package with pano roof.
    MSRP with destination was - $57,800 ( don't have my lease papers infront of me, but I'm sure it was this number )
    Selling price - $50,200
    Lease $656 a month with tax, out of pocket $1800 ( first payment, bank fee, licence and MV fees )
    My friend just got in NJ E500 4MATIC, I don't know his selling price, but I'm sure MSRP is more than $58K for $575 including NY tax and around the same out of packet due at signing. AS far as I saw the differance between 2006 and 2007 model is minimal and not everybody will notice it. If you still can find 2006 - it will be for sure much less priced.
    Good luck to you.
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Hello everyone.

I was wondering if there was any dealer cash on the 2007 E350? dOES ANYONE KNOW? If so how much?

Thanks
  • nadinadi Member Posts: 2
    I was glad to see last night 08-7-06 on MBZ main web site "Summer Sale Event" untill August 31st 06.
  • nadinadi Member Posts: 2
    I have been already approved by MBZ as tier 1 credit. I want to lease new 2006 E350 with $ 2000 down for monthly payment less than $ 700 incl taxes 833.33 miles per month for 27 months . Dealer told me it cant be less than $850 because summer event ended July 31st 06. Can someone help me telling what should be reasonable monthly payment. Also what is money factor and how its is calculated? Thanks in advance for who ever replies as earliest.
  • jma4jma4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi-

I am curious to see what numbers people have been getting on 2007 E350 leases. I am interested in getting the car most likely in the Houston area in the next 2 months. Probably P2 package, but at least P1. thanks
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Hi,
    I have been offered the 07 E350 by a local dealership for $540.00 including tax. Drive off is $2000. miles 15k for 27 months. This car has the p1 package with navi. Is this a good deal? or is it not possible?
  • bdhillonbdhillon Member Posts: 2
    Shawn,

Did you get this car? Great deal... Can u share the dealership and location?

-Biney
This discussion has been closed.