Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• msnjmsnj Member Posts: 5
    That makes sense. Thanks again. They are charging 1400 bank fees etc I guess that is a norm correct? Hopefully I can get the car tomorrow :-)
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited February 2012
    The bank fee from Mercedes is $795. Some dealers mark this up to $1095. This is negotiable down to $795. I guess the dealer "administrative fee" is in that $1400 number as well....also negotiable.

Both are just pure profit grabs by the dealer...
  • woozerwoozer Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2012
    Recently leased a 2012 E350 coupe, P-1, black on black, appearance package,
    Spoiler, 36 mo., 12k, drive off only, for $618/mo. Is this a good
    Deal.
    You are supposed to ask these type of questions BEFORE you sign the lease if you want help or have questions. There is nothing to gain by asking AFTER other than getting a pat on the back or a stick in your eye. I'll do neither....

I assume you felt it was a fair deal.....enjoy the car.
  • msnjmsnj Member Posts: 5
    thank you; really appreciate your advise.
  • bobby29ocbobby29oc Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man

Can you please tell me the best lease term available including the Lease Rate and Residual through MB Finance for a e350 sedan @ 12k miles/year. Also, if there are any current incentives.

Thank You,
    Bobby
    The best e350 lease is a 24 month lease on a 4 door bluetec with 10 multiple security deposits.
  • grandmamagrandmama Member Posts: 10
    Can you also give me lease rates for a 73k E550 36month/12k miles?
  • raab4raab4 Member Posts: 3
    I am considering a lease even though I average 25k a year or more in miles. Am I better to negotiate a lease of 10k miles a year take the higher residual value and then pay the mileage at the end? Is it smarter to negotiate for a 25k lease for 2 years? I have always purchased never leased.....but seems like with the diesel I might be ok with a lease. Any help or thoughts appreciated.
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2012
    Can you please give RES/MF for 350 4Matic Sport 33mos/10k? Thanks!
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car Man / Anyone:
    Do you have the Mercedes Competitor Conquest Information? How much is the Competitor Conquest for E350 4 Matic?
    Any idea does dealers will go below invoice - Competitor Conquest?

Thanks in advance
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Mike:
    what is the monthly payment? did u get 4Matic and Mercedes Care? Thanks
    edited March 2012
    It looks like a pretty good deal..... One thing you could innocently ask... ask them to calculate the deal if you make 10 security deposits....(multiple security deposits are part of Mercedes Finance normal lease plan...dealers just don't understand them or even know about the provision). note: MSD's are not available in all states..e.g. not in NY

For each security deposit (payment) you LOAN mercedes up front, they drop the mf by .00007. In your case, you have a special rate, so they shouldn't use that as the base....rather they should use .00225 as the base which would then reduce to .00155. Since you are getting .00169 without the deposits, it's not worth it. BUT...if they use .00169 as the base....your monthly payment would reduce by roughly $70...that's every month. Some dealers do it the wrong way....so it's worth innocently asking.

Why is it such a good deal?? you loan mercedes $7500 for 33 months...you save $70 a month or over the life of the lease, you save $2310....AND you get the 7500 back...it's a security deposit, not a down payment. You have effectively made $2310 on your $7500...and if you left that money in a bank instead, you might, if lucky, have earned $250.

Give it a try...nothing to lose.
  • puripuri Member Posts: 19
    Hi
    I bought a similar/ same car 59k, 33 mo, 15k miles, service included and am paying 641/mo but I was out of pocket 1200 excluding the first month. Though I closed the deal in Feb! So looks like u r paying approx 93/month extra over the 33 months which amounts to approx 3000!
    I would ask u dealer that if u had to pay 1200 what would be the payments?
    Let me know how it goes or if I can answer any specific ques!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello Bobby. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes is currently providing a $2,000 owner loyalty offer or a $3,000 conquest offer to current owners of competitive models on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi grandmama. Mercedes is not currently providing any support on the 2012 E550 Sedan. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier is currently around .00225, though this may vary somewhat by region.

MB Finance's current 36-month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for this car is 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi raab4. If you plan on driving a ton of miles, you almost definitely would be better off leasing with 15,000 miles per year and then purchasing additional miles on a per-mile basis at lease-signing rather than paying a massive penalty at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings christiands. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan 4Matic Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00169 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ipipip316. I believe that the competitor conquest cash offer on this car is currently $3,000. I personally doubt that dealers will be willing to go under invoice before the deduction of this incentive, but you can always give it a shot and see what happens. I personally feel as though several hundred dollars over invoice minus the conquest cash is a more realistic target price.

Car_man
    Host
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    What are the March rebates and/or conquest cash in New York city for

E350
    E350 BLUETEC
    E350 4matic

Also, does anyone know if there is any special maintenance required for E350 BLUETEC as opposed to regular E350? Are there any disadvantages to leasing E350 Bluetec as opposed to E350?

Thank you
    Hey eric312. Mercedes-Benz is providing a $3,000 conquest cash incentive on the 2012 E's in March.

Car_man
    Host
  • corpsvetecorpsvete Member Posts: 7
    Would appreciate knowing the 36 month/12K miles MF & residual for the 2012 E350 wagon.
    Thanks
    edited March 2012
    Answered in the Diesel thread....but the only disadvantage is that there are some gas stations that don't carry diesel but given the number of trucks and pickups that use diesel, it's really not a problem. The other disadvantage is that the car will be worth so much at the end of the lease due to the high residual value that you won't want to buy it because it's too expensive ...

24 months is the optimal lease for the Bluetec....not 33 which the dealer will suggest. 33 is good for gas models. If you lease a diesel, use Multiple security deposits to bring down the interest rate. This doesn't work for the gas cars because they have a "promotional" rate...but the diesel doesn't so using MSD's brings down the cost per month significantly. If your dealer doesn't understand Multiple Security Deposits, ask them to call Mercedes finance and find out because it's a standard part of the mercedes lease. There are a few states where you can't do Multiple Security deposits like NY...but if you lease the car in NJ, you can use them and many do just that.

I love my late 2011 e350 bluetec with P2 package. Just a wonderful car and I leased for 24 mos with 10 MSD's. Prior to the e350, I drove three infiniti M's including the M37 which I hated (transmission issues). My e350 Bluetec is more comfortable, quieter and far far more fuel efficient.
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    Thank you for replying.

I am in NYC and probably less than half gas stations have diesel. Once i get on the highway it should not be an issue.

I was told by a dealer and several leasing brokers that there is very limited availability of E350 bluetecs. Which does not make sense, why would MB have promotion on them if there is no oversupply but on the other hand maybe due to promotion most cars got sold/leased.

Will contact few more dealers tomorrow.
  • info123info123 Member Posts: 1
    Does this apply to cash purchases? Is the 3,000 paid from the dealer or Mercedes? I am trying to figure what to offer on a new e350 with a dealer cost of 52,557 that is listing at 57,685. Any help is much appreciated.
  • seattlecruiserseattlecruiser Member Posts: 45
    The conquest cash is paid directly to the dealer by MB. You just have to bring a current registration of a covered vehicle with you and they do the rest. From your end it's basically as if you had brought with you an extra $3k as far as negotiating goes, only that it doesn't actually come out of your pocket.

Everybody has their own style as far as bargaining goes, but I would probably start at $49.5k and let them huff and puff a bit up to $50k. Used to bargain over the last dollar, but nowadays I think 500 over invoice minus factory incentives is a fair deal. YMMV.
  • deal_makerdeal_maker Member Posts: 2
    Can you please run the math by us for E350 Bluetec 24-month lease? Using 10k-12-15k residuals. And same money factor for each?
    edited March 2012
    Ask your dealer to do it....and have them do it with Maximum 10 multiple security deposits. I dont know this months numbers......I also don't know what negotiated price to use or what discounts you might be eligible for.
  • nycautofannycautofan Member Posts: 1
    Hi:
    Got an offer from NJ dealer:
    White
    P1 Package + Panorama Roof + Rea Spoiler + Split Fold Seats + Cargo Storage Bin + 2Y Mercedes Care

MSRP: 59945
    Final Price: 53100 (dealer claim Invoice - $3000 conquest)
    33 month 0.00169 MF 63 residual
    Tax and fees Up Front
    $625.00 per month in NYC

Is it a good deal or should wait for June / July for better program?
    edited March 2012
    If the deal includes the maintenance in the 53100 then the deal seems OK.....and who knows what the offer will be in June/July. Invoice is MSRP - 7%.

I would not pay bank fee and dealer administration fees upfront....roll them into the lease. You don't mention what the $'s are for these. Mercedes charges $795 for establishing the lease which some dealers mark up to $1095....and the administrative fee seems to vary with $695 being the number most used. You should be able to negotiate to $795 and perhaps negotiate the dealer admin fee (profit) down as well.

Does the monthly charge include taxes??
    Yes it should info123. The incentive is paid for by Mercedes, not the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • 140am140am Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Does this cover the E550 Coupe as well? Looking for a good lease offer on a E550 coupe this month (30-36m, 10-12k miles).

Thank you!
  • burnslikehelburnslikehel Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a 2012 e350 bluetec sedan with premium 1 launch package, rear spoiler, and 321 sport package. 570 a month 24 months with 10k miles a year. Just paid first month and this includes everything except evil vehicle turn in fee and next years dmv. Was this a decent deal?
    I know you want everyone to pat you on the back....but you should have come here first.....not after you signed the lease.

In most states, you could have lowered your monthly payment by $50 or more by using multiple security deposits. Many in NY where this isn't allowed, lease in NJ where it is allowed....most other states allow it. It's a standard part of merecedes finance leases which dealers don't understand and don't discuss. It is a mercedes offering, not a dealer offering although some dealers claim "we don't offer that" which is pure BS unless in one of the very few states where it is, for some reason, not allowed.

You should have included mercedes basic maintenance because a) you have to do it (or equivalent) as part of your lease contract...and b) because many dealers treat it like an option....so you only pay part of the cost.....on your car, you would have only paid 23% of the cost of that maintenance. Without it in the lease this way, you will pay 100%.

Too late....enjoy the car for 24 months and then come back for pointers before you lease the next one.
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2012
    How could it be possible paying $570 with NO $$ down and first month only payment
    You must have leased a stripped down car at $50,000 to get that price
    The lease advertised with $3800 Down EXCLUDING TAX
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    edited March 2012
    Hi tleco,
    Don't be deceived by the advertised lease specials as these mean nothing. Only three variables matter when it comes to determining a lease: RV, MF, and negotiated sales price.

By way of example, I leased an E350 Bluetech sport (24mo/12k miles a year) for $460 a month (includes tax) with $0 down. The car was nicely equipped with P1, parktronic, spoiler package, tinted windows, and split folding seats. I did apply the conquest rebate, and I did capitalize on MSD's to reduce the MF, which as ghstudio notes, affords a substantial monthly savings. And the best part is that said deposits are returned at the end of the lease.

Cheers!
  • burnslikehelburnslikehel Member Posts: 2
    sorry wasn't looking for a pat on the back just wanted to know if i messed up or if i did ok.
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    To the previous poster, don't be discouraged. Take it as an opportunity to get educated before your next lease. Likely everyone on this board has leased a vehicle they could have done a little differently. As they say...it's only money, and you did get a great car!!

We are getting a loaded E350 BTEC, MSRP $64,8xx(?). It has almost every option and it's the colors we wanted. We qualify for USAA, MB loyalty, and MB Car Club cash. These are the only programs that can be combined, and we will get $7k in incentive cash this month on top of invoice pricing (almost). The lease ended up just under $500 for 24/10k with only $8xx out of pocket. I don't have the exact numbers and it's not that relevant. What is relevant is that you find out the residual value and make sure you're not getting charged too much interest.

And GHSTUDIO, we chose to not do the MSD at this time for various reasons. I know the rationale, so there is your opportunity to zing me if you like. This is our 5th Mercedes in the last 5 years, so I tend to be very comfortable that we get great cars for very good values. The BTEC has become very difficult to find, and I HAD to have P2 for the lighting package. I will never have an MB vehicle without the upgraded lighting again.

Good luck to all!
    Agree on the P2 headlights...they are terrific. Clearly there are personal reasons not to do MSD's.....I just try to educate folks so they realize that there is a potentially money saving option available. It's not always so easy to scrape together $5-6000 and tie it up for the length of the lease.
  • kkdonnkkdonn Member Posts: 7
    Hello Lease Guru's
    First time lease buyer , I have couple of questions . I own a 4Runner and pay around 650 in monthly payments and plan to trade in to lease a E350 for my wife.(Basically i want to lease with the same monthly payment of around 650 to 700$)
    My question are
    1. Do I sell my 4Runner or trade in , I know the conventional wisdom says sell it to private party but want to know if its same with lease trade in.
    2. Do I get best deals from a couple of dealers with out giving my social(have a fairly good credit) , come back to this forum and post the numbers

I am off to the dealers to hunt for a good lease deal on E350 Cabriolet for my wife , live in east bay in NorCal .

Any pointers ,suggestions please let me know
    edited March 2012
    While car dealers make you think that the price they pay for your car is part of the deal for the new car..it is really a separate transaction. Just treat it that way....ask them what they will pay you for your car....NOT how much will my new car cost if I give you my old car as a trade in. Do not let them cloud what you are paying by using that money as "money down"...you don't want to put any money down...bad idea, bad financing even though every dealer will try to figure out a way to give you the lowest monthly payment, even if you pay more overall. Be a smart leaser...no money down.

OK...now that we have that out of the way...we can talk about leasing. the numbers you care about in leasing are: Money Factor, residual value, the list price of the car and the price they want you to pay. Please do not let them wing a number by you of $X per month with $y down. You don't want to put any money down...that means you will pay the first month's lease payment plus any legally required fees (registration/taxes)...that's it to walk out the door. Next, you want to price the car including mercedes (not third party) maintenance included in the lease. Next, I don't know if the rate on the car you want has a promotional money factor or not....but you should ask the dealer for a price with no security deposits and then a price with 10 security deposits (this is called multiple security deposits)..one short word on MSD's..you loan Mercedes 10x your monthly payment for the length of the lease and then you get that money back..very different then a down payment. The reason you do this is because it lowers your money factor and you save roughly $50 or more a month). Finally, you may be eligible for "conquest" money (rebate) of $2K because you drive a ford. You should strive for a capitalized cost of maybe $500 over invoice (see edmunds) less another $2000, if you are eligible.

Good luck...report what you find here and we will try to help you get the best deal....but please give us all the numbers I mentioned...not just the monthly charge and list price. Also give length of lease.
    Here you go , went to 2 dealers and the numbers which look same like the MB Lease specials advertised
    Dealer 1 Fletcher Jones , Fremont CA
    E-350 Black Cabrillio (base option not S02)
    The MSRP is 57720 for a buy option they can go Invoice +1000.
    For a 3 year lease here are the numbers
    Res Value - 60%
    Money factor =0.00177(value is for 750 credit score not excellent like in 800's)
    Cap Cost - 56720
    Cap Cost Reduction 3999 ( which i guess is a rebate because i told him i want a no money down or a trade in option)
    Acquisition fees is 795
    The final lease amount is 699 + 61.25 (sales tax)= 760.25
    We talked about conquest rebate but he was not sure if we can get one for 4Runner and said he will try to get .
    This price is not including the 3 year maintenance as they have a one year free included in the package
    He was not very encouraging on the MSD and said finance will go over that when we pull the trigger
    Dealer 2 Smythe European San Jose
    He did not have any E-350 Black Cabrillio (base option) and was trying to sell me one with S01 which was about 66000 or with S02 which was 63000 and did not have our color in their inventory . He kept telling me there is not a single car in bay area with a base option available where as i test drove the base option same day.

We plan to visit 2 last dealers in case they have our color and model if not then dealer 1 is our last choice.

Like you mentioned I did not talk about a trade-in which is a 4Runner SR5 2009 with 52K and leather seats &3rd row .Found out KBB value for private party for very good condition is 26,318 and and Trade in 24,218. I plan to put it on sale on Craigslist and try and sell it in next couple of days .

Thanks a lot , you cannot imagine the confidence this site gives when we go for negotiations . Great work , keep it up
    KK
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi kkdonn,
    Having lived in SF for some time before relocating to SD, I recommend calling MB of SF, MB of Walnut Creek, and then RAB in Marin. At MB of SF, ask for a sales manager with initials AC and simply tell him the particulars of what you are seeking. They are very transparent on RV and MF and will do MSD. Best of luck with your newfound confidence!

Cheers!
    Thanks , have contacted all the MB dealership you mentioned.
    By the way what are your thoughts on a 5 Yr lease vs 3 year . Here are my numbers for 0 down and no due at lease ( dont know if its possible) , 4k in cap cost reduction and finally 4K 5 yr lease and increase MF to double of .0017
    Car Lease E350 base Prm Pckg 1 No Down 4K(Cap Red) 5 Yr Lease
    Capitalized Cost  56720 56720 56720
    Down Payment
    Capitalized Cost Reduction 0 4000 4000
    Net Capitalized Cost  56720 52720 52720
    Residual Value 34032 31632 31632
    Total Depreciation  22688 21088 21088
    Lease Length 36 36 60
    Monthly Depreciation 630 585 351
    Money factor 0.0017 0.0017 0.0025
    Interest Rate 4.08 4.08 6
    Interest Charges 154.2784 143.398 210.88
    Pre-Tax Monthly Payment 784. 729. 562.
    Sales Tax 68. 63. 49.
    Final Monthly Payment 853.67 792.33 611.552

Due at Signing
    Montly Payment 853.17 792.93 611.552
    Acqusation Fees 795 795 795
    Lease Fees 1 1 1
    Cap Cost Reductuion 0 4000 4000
    Drive off Amount 1649.1 5588.9 5407.5
    ghstudio
    Any thoughts on my numbers ?
    I assume that the car has an MSRP of $63315 (cabriolet, metallic paint, P1)...right?

A 33 month mercedes lease will cost less than a 36 month lease because they are usually allowed to use the 30 month residual for up to 33 months.

Personally, I would never lease for more than that....I'd buy the car.

You should include the maintenance FEATURE...it will raise the MSRP, but you will only pay part of that because it is residualized like any other feature.

Why is the first payment so high??
    ghstudio
    Here is the final offer dealership made for the car which is not on their lot , I guess they are getting it from another one in bay area
    The MSRP for E350 + P1 package is 64545
    MF = .00177
    RV=60 %
    Down payment+Acq fees of 1095 = 6000 (Total drive-off)
    To make my Monthly payment 729.12 including tax
    Here are some discussion items we did
    My Monthly payment was not supposed to exceed 730
    No discussion of maintenance as that was supposed to be done with finance guys
    They give one year free maintenance .
    The deal did not go through because i wanted 6k for my car which they could not match and i decided to sell it outside to raise 6K and i said i will come back

From my calculations to get 730 monthly + 6K for this deal
    Cap cost would be 54475
    Adjusted Cap Cost (with 6K down) would be 48475

I saw Truemarket value for this from edmunds is
    Base Price $53,941
    Premium 1 Package $3,729
    Destination Fee $875
    Regional Adjustment ($124)

What do you think ?
    edited April 2012
    1) have them run a 33 month lease on the same car. Add up the total costs (everything you pay) for both the 33 and 36 month leases and divide by the number of months...that will give you the actual monthly cost of leasing the car. My guess is that the actual cost per month will be less on the 33 month lease. The only thing to compare is the total cost of the lease....

2) If ypu buy mercedes maintenance from your salesman, it should be included in the MSRP of the car (note: must buy mercedes, not third party). That means that you will really only pay 40% of the MSRP cost...just like you are only paying 40% for every other feature on the car. Negotiate this with your salesman, not the finance guy who will try to sell you third party maintenance and then you have to pay the full cost. This is one of those "I don't care how you do it, mr dealer, but here's what I the buyer want to do." And subtract out the cost of an "A" service from the MSRP since they are apparently giving that to you free.

Negotiate the $1095 down to what mercedes actually charges the dealer which is $795.

Do not put money down up front (capital cost reduction) unless you have to do it for credit reasons. Under normal conditions, it really doesn't matter...but the condition you care about is if the car is stolen or totalled. Here's what happens:

Mercedes determines the value on their books of your car. They then subtract out all the money you have paid and any difference is paid by their gap insurance which is included in your lease. But if you have put money down up front, that's part of the money you paid so they don't have to use their gap insurance and you are out that money.

It is safer to just keep that money and pay it a little each month...in fact, if you make a 3600 capital cost reduction on a 36 month lease, your monthly payment will be $100 less. If you put that same 3600 in a bank and use it $100 at a time, you pay the same to mercedes, but you protect yourself from just losing that $3600. Yes, there's a little interest, but not enough to worry about given the possible risk.

That's why most familiar with leasing recommend that the first payment is only your first months lease payment plus any legally required costs. The aquistion fee is not a legall required cost and should be rolled into the lease like every other cost.
    I could not get my deal yesterday and I guess the new numbers for MF and Residual will come in play for the month of April

One more question i had for the forum ,
    Is this a good offer for Black E320 Cab with P1 and Appearance package for 3 year term
    MSRP - 64545
    Cap Cost 48000 (I calculated this on my own using formula )
    MF 0.00177
    RV 60%
    0 down (I plan to put money down only for credit reasons)
    729 Per/mn incl taxes
    2538 drive off cost
    3 year MB maintenance rolled in Cap cost

Let me know and i will close the deal
    Did you check the 33 month lease to see if it's cheaper per month when you add up all the costs and divide by 33......vs the 36 month lease adding up all costs and dividing by 36. It usually is better/cheaper because mercedes lets the dealers use the 30 mo residual for 33 month leases.
This discussion has been closed.