Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• kkdonnkkdonn Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2012
    No i did not and lets assume they don't in that case is this deal a good one or not ? The reason i am asking is that i just need a base deal and numbers to negotiate . Will keep this 30 month residual in my arsenal in case i need it .
    Thanks a lot for all the help
  • amukhiamukhi Member Posts: 2
    looking to lease 2012 benz e350 blue tech 10k miles, 24-27month lease
    need it with navigation I am looking to put 3-4k down payment
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    amukhi,

Residual for 10k miles per year is 78% for 24 months and money factor is .00195.

I would not put that much money down on the lease.
  • murphtypemurphtype Member Posts: 1
    any thoughts on this offer ?
    I haven't gone face to face for final close
    2012 E350W4 $52,990
    040 Black
    101 Black MB-Tex
    S01 S01 Premium 1 Launch Package: COMAND Sys $3,600
    810 : harman/kardon Sound System w/Dolby 5.1
    540 : Power Rear-Window Sunshade
    536 : SiriusXM Radio w. 6 mos. service
    527 : COMAND w/Navigation and Voice Control
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    218 : Rear View Camera
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    01R 18" Twin 5-Spoke Alloy Wheel
    088 Identification code
    104 Rear Spoiler $300
    137 Comfort Box $290
    287 Split Folding Rear Seats $440
    321 321 Sport Package: 18" 5-Spoke Alloy Whe
    954 : Avant Garde Package (Sport)
    951 : Appearance Code
    772 : Sport Bodystyling
    677 : Sport Suspension
    V04 : Tire Rating
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    873 Heated Front Seats

SUBTOTAL $57,620
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL MSRP $58,495

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We will sell it to you for $52,965 and will do the following lease...

Term: 30 Months
    Mileage: 10k per-year
    Monthly: $558.00/month
    Down: $2,500 (incl. all fees, taxes, 1st month etc.)
    MF: 0.00169
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    You shouldn't put any money down on a lease...it creates an artificial belief that you are getting a good deal, but in fact you are taking a risk if your car is totalled or stolen. Put the money you would have paid up front in a bank and use it to pay the slightly higher monthly payments....or...

the better use for the funds is to use multiple security deposits...instead of putting $4000 down on the car, use it for multiple security deposits. That should lower your money factor and save you probably $50 a month of actual savings...and unlike money you pay up front, you get the money you put down for multiple security deposits back at the end of the lease. It's the best use of your money...actually it pays about 11% per year when you work through the lease.

Finally, try to buy maintenance as a feature on the bluetec....remembering that features are "residualized" That is, you pay 22% of the cost of the car and features during your 2 year lease....and you pay 22% of the maintenance cost if they let you do this. There are mixed opinions on whether this is doable or not...my lease includes 24 mo of maintenance on my bluetec...others have been told that you can't residualize it, you can't do this on a diesel, etc. My advice....just try to do it and see what the dealer says. Mercedes seems to accept the lease either way....so you have nothing to lose.
    fees.start up cost is too high....only pay first month's lease payment plus anything else required by law (registration, taxes,...). Ask if you can apply multiple security deposits to help lower the money factor on your lease....some dealers will let you based on the .00169, others will let you based on some other rate; some have no clue what a multiple security deposit is (make them look it up...it's part of the standard mercedes finance lease program) and there are a small handful of states (NY,...) that don't allow msd's....but give it a try because it can save you $50 or so a month and you get your security deposit money back at the end of the lease.
  • boybeeboybee Member Posts: 1
    My credit is not exactly Top Tier. I just did a short sale on my investment property and received some cash incentive that I could use for downpayment or security deposit.
    Any suggestions on getting a lease with my non-Tier 1 credit? Should I do a downpayment in addition to the multiple security deposit?

The promo at the local Southern CA MB dealer has the following lease option for a 2012 E350 BlueTec.

Term: 24 months lease payment based on total gross capitalized cost of $55,952
    - Includes Destination Charge and Premium 1 Package. Excludes title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, etc.
    - $579/month
    - Total monthly payments equal $13,896.
    - Cash due at signing: $2,499 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month's lease payment of $579
    - Total payments equal $17,190
    - Mileage: 10K per year

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Boybee,
    Do you have an idea as to your credit score or even a range? Most of the MF's cited on this forum are for top tier credit, so my suggestion would be that if you know your score, perhaps you can ask the MB finance manager for the associated MF/interest rate for your credit tier. Then, based on the RV and target sales price, you can calculate your anticipated monthly lease payment in advance of 'formal' negotiation.

I would recommend putting $0 down (or close to it) and only paying first month's lease and required fees (e.g., DMV and registration). You should use the dollars that you would have put down towards MSD thereby reducing your MF which I suspect will be higher than what is quoted on this forum.

Finally, I encourage you to contact MB of Long Beach and ask for a salesperson with initials G.O. We leased our e350 Bluetech from him as he was completely transparent.

Cheers!
    edited April 2012
    I guess if you want to pay almost msrp for the car, it's an ok deal...but a e350bt with p1 should be closer to 52k. Don't make any capital cost reduction...see if multiple security deposits will reduce the money factor and see if the dealer will allow you to add maintenance as a feature ...see the configurator on the mb site. Good,luck on getting mb to lease you the car with a short sale just on your credit.
  • melissafloridamelissaflorida Member Posts: 22
    In final negotiations on a 2012 E350. Thoughts?

base- $50,490
    palldium silver- $ 720
    prem 1 launch package- 3600
    comfort box-290
    sport package
    black ash
    destination-875
    total MSRP: $55975

discount from MSRP- $7975 with all incentives

Includes- 3 yr prepaid maintenance

1st month & fee down- $940.52
    money factor .00189
    residual- 61% $24144.75

$694. tax in, 33 months, 15k miles/yr
    edited April 2012
    I see you are interested in th E-class now.

Do you have a break down of the cap cost like you had on the C-250?

It seems they are charging you for the maintenance this time.

Also, what all incentives did you get included in the $7975 off?

Also, I would have them look into a 24 month lease for you. I belive the residual should be around 68%, which would make the payment very close to what it is on the 33 month program.
    edited April 2012
    Looks like reasonably good deal...but that maintenance is 3 years or 30,000 miles...and you are leasing to do 41250 miles so you really need the mercedes 4 year/40000 maintenance, not the 3 year maintenance....and that's $1000 more. For higher mileage drivers/leases, you maintain by miles, not by time.

It also looks like they are not "residualizing" your maintenance....it should be handled just like any other feature on the car so instead of paying the whole amount, you only pay 100%-61% or 39% of the MSRP. I think they are asking you pay the whole amount. This is a confusing part of the mercedes finance plan but I think you can just pay 39% of that $1700 maintenance rather than paying the whole amount over 33 months...push the dealer to check their Mercedes Finance manual on residualizing maintenance.

Depending on your financial situation, you might want to take advantage of multiple security deposits (if they are offered in your state and they are in FL). If you loan Mercedes roughly $7000 for the life of the lease, they will reduce your money factor. Not sure if they will take .0007 off the .00189 or if they would take it off a mysterious "base rate" of .00225 which would bring the MF down to .00155 from .00189. Again, ask them to run the cases with maximum multiple security deposits (10) and see what the monthly payment will be. Remember, you get that $7000 back at the end of the lease..it's not a down payment or capital cost reduction.

You'll really enjoy the car....
    Hi Autoboy!! I took delivery of my C today!! This is for my husband, this caught his eye when we were picking up my car today. His lease is up as well.

He beat to it this time, he added the maintenance knowing I would ask for it.

This was all he emailed me today. I will ask for the exact breakdown.

GH- good point about the 30k miles vs a 40 plan
    He came back this morning and offered $680 tax in throwing in a window tint. We had offered $660 last night and this is what he countered with.

Ok, here is the breakdown.

MSRP $55,975

Incentives & discount $8375
    breakdown: dealer discount: 4875, loyalty: 2,000 CAP: 1500

Base cap $47,600

Total cap $50,064 Includes Bank Fee, Dealer Fee, and Maintenance

Residual 61% $34,144.75

Money Factor .00189

33 months 15k/mi/yr

Prepaid maintenance included
    I don't understand why you are putting down $1500 capital cost reduction....don't do it...see below on how to better use that money.

I am going to assume that MB's base finance rate is .00225 as it was last month. If you loan them $6500 in security deposits (include the $1500 here), then you monthly cost will go down by $28....that's $924 savings over the term of the lease. If you keep that $6500 in a bank for the next 33 months, it will earn roughly 1% a year for a total of $195. I think I'd rather save $924 using that $6500 then paying $924 more and earning just $195 with the money sitting in the bank. (This makes no sense if you are carrying any credit card balances or other debts...but if you just have cash sitting in the bank, it's a great deal).

This should be with 40K maintenance....I would suggest to them that they included the wrong maintenance, so they should give you the 40K mile maintenance for no additional cost (hey, it's worth trying).

I calculate that your monthly payment before tax should be $642 the way you currently have the deal structured....but using MSD's, it would drop to $613. Add $48 per month instead of that $1500 up front capital cost reduction. Note: 48x33=$1584 ... so you are paying about $84 more, but if the car is totaled or stolen, you will get a proportional share of the $1500 back. If you don't do it this way and the car is stolen or totaled, you will likely not get any of the $1500 back.
    Gh- no we are not putting any money down except 1st month & fee for a total of $940.52

I was able to get it down to $670 a month.
    edited April 2012
    What is the $1,500 CAP? Is that an additional rebate? Customer Advocacy Program?

Also, it doesn't seem like the dealer is residualizing the maintenance this time.

They added $769 to the Cap Cost without raising the residual.

Other than that, the deal looks solid.
    He said the cap is additional rebate. They also miscalculated and there are 5 payments not 4 that they have to forgive. Obviously not my problem.

I feel pretty good about the deal, $670. Plus my C was $125 a month less than my prior Glk lease.

Anyhow thanks so much for the advice. Hope we love both the C & E!
    edited April 2012
    Can you find out more specifically what the CAP rebate is?

I am curious as to what that is and who qualifies for it.
    No problem! I'll email him tonight. We picked up the E it's sharp, the ash interior with the black ash wood looks fantastic.
    He said it's a friends & family type discount they can pull out of their hats to close a deal. FYI: We were not given this additional discount on the C the day before. Good to know for future negotions.

Also, it really could be the dealer holdback that they receive from MB that they like to hold tight.
  • sailingmoesailingmoe Member Posts: 21
    Carman - I am ready to lease a new E350 with P2 package here in So Cal. So can I Please have all the good things I need to go get my best deal. Residuals and money factor for 15,000miles year at 24, 33, & 36 months lease. And any holdback, dealer cash, etc that might be avalible? If anyone eles would like to chime in feel free. THANKYOU!
  • 2012rx3502012rx350 Member Posts: 30
    I was looking a couple of months back in end of Feb and received the following:

E 350 4 matic sport premium 1 premium 2 full leather

15k miles per year

33 month lease

612 a month tax included with 1100 down

I should have pounced on the deal but didn't.

I was getting at the time 2 k conquest cash and they were making the last two payments on my previous lease totaling 1k

Shopping around again now I see they upped the conquest to 3k but I have been getting prices at 680 a month tax included with nothing down on a MSRP 63,625 and selling price of 54,600 and 635 with nothing down on a msrp of 58,925 with a selling of 50,689

Have the programs changed that much or can I expect some better rates face to face vs over the phone/email?

I am in MA
  • alrushalrush Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2009
    I was offered a lease of E350 Bluetec. MSRP $58,970. It's diamond white with P1 and rear spoiler. Zero due at sign in, payment is $575 a month including tax, 24 months, 10K a year.
    How does it sound. Can I do better ?

Thanks.

P.S. Forgot to mention - I still have 10 payments left on my current 2010 E class - dealer buys out my car.
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I was just offered the following. E-350 Sport. With leather. With premium Package 1 and a few other minor things like lane tracking. They told me sticker was 59K on the car. With the Costco program $1500.00 above invoice and the Conquest program -$3000.00 they came up with this lease
    33 months/12K miles/756 a month plus TAX. $1100 up front covers first plus tax. The MB $795.00 bank fee was not mentioned. I asked about MSD on this lease and he said It might reduce it a little since the interest rates are very low right now. He mentioned single payment lease might reduce it, but only by a little cost. European delivery he said was 7% over dealer invoice? The claim was that this lease would be less than European delivery. I m also considering BMW to see what the offer. Any thoughts? Robert
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi autoboy19. In April, the Customer Advocacy Cash is $1,500 on the E350 Sedan. It's eligible to anyone who convinces a dealer to use one of their CAP certificates on their deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi sailingmoe. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 33-month lease are .00169 and 61%.

This car's 36-month numbers are .00169 and 52%.

Mercedes is currently providing dealers with a select number of $1,500 "CAP" certificates or $2,000 loyalty cash or $3,000 conquest certificates that can be used on E350 deals. These offers cannot be combined and there is a limited number of them.

Car_man
    Host
  • mhinsonmhinson Member Posts: 2
    I was just offered the below deal. Any feedback will be appreciated:

2012 E350 P1 Sport and MSRP $55,265
    Cap Cost: $47,750
    Residual: 64%
    MF: .00169
    Orig: $795
    Tax: 8.25%
    Payment: $578.25 including tax
    $1,250 Drive off

I think it is pretty good.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    We need to know the term and the mileage to assess your deal. Also, did you receive USAA discount? Trade-in?
  • mhinsonmhinson Member Posts: 2
    This is a 33 month 10K mile a year lease. I don't know what the other discount is?

Thanks!
  • nyc_sethnyc_seth Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know promos, residuals and mf for may?
    Assuming 24mo is still sweet spot.

Looking to renew my current e350 lease.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi nyc_seth. Mercedes-Benz Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • crobar1crobar1 Member Posts: 7
    How about for the 2012 coupes? Also any idea when 2013 's come out and when next change in bet style will be? I have a lease up in 2 months so wondering if it may be better to wait?
  • woodyduwoodydu Member Posts: 3
    Hello all
    I just got back from dealer and am looking at an E550 lease.
    The MSRP is 73,870 including the 875 dest and deliv fee.
    My "negotiated" price (I did not do any haggling, just got their initial offer, was 68,662.

36 month lease.
    Only given 59% residual of MSRP (63% of negotiated)
    with a money factor of .00240 (approx 5.76%)
    Maintainence agreement of $805
    Advanced payments (first month payment) of 1096.93
    Upfront charges (not sure what this includes, again, only a cursory offer) of 1206.15
    12K miles per year.

Does this seem high for a 36 month lease with a payment of almost 1100 per month?
    should I try for a higher residual value and lower money factor?
    would love to hear some thoughts, I am new to this!
    thanks!
    Woody
  • realralfyrealralfy Member Posts: 2
    Car_man:

I would appreciate some info please....

My wife and I are looking to get 2 new E550's (1 cabriolet and 1 sedan) soon, but not in the same deal....we could do either one first...

We are interested in taking European Delivery of one of them and we are open to which 550 we take Euro Delivery of...

I understand that the Euro Delivery gives us a 7% discount and the destination charge is waived. I also understand that there are some other things included in the Euro Delivery like accommodations, taxi's, lunch, etc....

My question here is do we qualify for any additional incentives? My company allows me to participate in the Executive Allowance Program, We are USAA members, I am a Costco member also. Can any of these be stacked on on top of the Euro Delivery Discount? Can we use the CAP, Loyalty, or Conquest Cash on top of the Euro Delivery Discount? Would it be unreasonable to ask the dealer for a further discount? By the way, we currently own a BMW and a Mercedes, don't know if any of that makes a difference...

To complicate matters, we may have to take a 2013 since we are not looking to go to Germany until late July/early August.....

Sorry for so many questions and many thanks...
    Tyler
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    I asked the guys who I leased my vehicle from, with the same msrp they offered me for $66,500.00 2 thousand cheaper...
  • healinghealing Member Posts: 2
    I leased an E350 4Matic Monday and the MF was .00235. The residual after 33 months was 65% of MSRP with 10,000 miles. MSRP $62,550 the agreed upon value was $55,700. The residual seems fine but the money factor seems high. I leased the car and I like it. Maybe next time I will buy. The transaction is so much more complicated when you lease. Caveat emptor.
  • dennisnyc40dennisnyc40 Member Posts: 9
    just got back from dealer want to lease an E350. It was a great experience thanks to this forum. Salesman could not have been nicer he was upfront and honest. The deal was 500.00 over invoice. Residual 67% and the money factor was .00126. This is for 24 months with 12,000 miles. That seems like a reasonable deal oh and the conquest program takes off another 3000.00. Now the problem there are no 2012s left that match my order. You cannot place an order for 2012s any longer. So Iam going to place an order for a 2013 which can be done now with delivery around late july. I sure hope conquest money and the MF are still the same when car comes in. :)
    Hi crobar1. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the 2012 E350 Coupe. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Finance you would have to use its standard lease money factor and a residual value of 58% (for 36-months, 15,000 miles per year.

I'm not sure when the 2013 E Coupes will be out. I don't think that it will be in the next two months, but again I'm not positive.

Car_man
    Host
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    What kind of numbers were they quoting for the monthly price? I am surprised they dont try to get the car you want from another dealer. Dealers swap cars all the time. They might try to up the price for you on the 2013. I have seen that happen with other car brands (cant comment on MB) They always say they have big sales backed up and they want much hgiher. That is what Lexus does around me.
  • dennisnyc40dennisnyc40 Member Posts: 9
    Hi robert yes we searched every dealership inventory and the ports and the ships enroute. And the order banks are closed for 2012s. So no choice but to order 2013 As i want diamond white metallic and black leather which no dealer will order as an inventory car. Iam going to dealer tomorrow to place my order.Yes the price is probably going to go up as Iam ordering without knowing the price of the car. But Iam still only going to pay 500.00 over invoice. So i think thats a good deal. It is the M/F that i hope stays as low as it is right now.
  • dlitdlit Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I live in Cook County, IL. I'm trying to lease a E350 Coupe, 4matic, P1, and appearance package, MSRP of $59,165, with the $3k conquest. 24 or 36 months with 7500 miles.

What should my all in lease payment be (0 down, taxes and all fees included, except for 1st months + DMV)? What's the MF/Residual?

I was going thru the other posts and other people have been getting it in the $600's. The best price I could find is for $750, but that was from an out of state leasing company that has to ship the car. Local dealers are quoting me $820 per month.
  • nyc_sethnyc_seth Member Posts: 7
    I have 9 months left on my lease and MB will forgive 4 which means any negative equity gets rolled into new lease quotes. I'm still being quoted great rates but I'd like to wait until I have no negative equity to get an even better deal. I'm worried about 2012 inventory dwindling and being forced into a 2013 which could cost more (higher msrp and weaker incentives). Any insight as to 2012 June rates and 2013 pricing/rates?

Quote:
    33mo/12k lease
    e350W4 / P1/ Palladium / Sport / AMG Wheels / Rear Spolier / Split Seats

MSRP $60,085
    Cap Cost $51,874
    Residual 62%
    MF .00116
    Tax 7.375%
    Payment $601 (includes tax)
    Drive Off $900 (first month and dmv transfer fee)

Once I roll in my negative equity (5 months at $748 each), the payment goes up to $727.

Shame to pay for 2 cars for the first 5 months! But worried that if I wait 5 months, the 2013 will run more than $727 anyway. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Seth
    2012 E350 COUPE P2 Appearance Pack Spoiler Lane Assist Maintenance

Sign & Drive 760 a month (0 down no inceptions payment not for a month)

Is this a good deal?
    edited May 2012
    sorry...but not enough information to even guess if it's a good deal....for example, how many months, how many miles per year?

Why the urgency??? if the dealer is creating the time pressure with a "deal is only good today" then tell them to fly a kite....

what's the money factor and the residual?

Does that price include taxes (what %) price include taxes?

Is maintenance included...if not, why not?
    edited May 2012
    Price includes taxes (7%) its 36 months/ 10K a year and includes maintenance..

Not a deal breaker but limited cars with that color/set up.

Dont know MF/Residual..more concerend about payment

MSRP was 61405
  • dl3401dl3401 Member Posts: 3
    Where are you located?

your deal is better than one i was offered on MSRP 60585, 36 months / 10K yr / 61% residual / no maintenance / approx $4400 down incl first payment of $746
    edited May 2012
    You already have maintenance included...good!

The "origination charge" should be $795....some dealers mark up MB finance's charge...make sure they are just charging $795 not $1095.

Ask them to run the same car on a 33 month lease...it may be less expensive then the 36 month lease. To compare the two, add up all the checks you will write over the life of the lease and divide by the number of months of the lease to get the real monthly charge.

Ask them to run the lease if you give them the maximum (10) multiple security deposits (unless you are in a STATE that prohibits them...I captitalize state because some dealers say they don't do them but it is a standard part of the mercedes finance lease so the dealers just don't understand them and say they don't do them). MSD's are an excellent way to reduce the overall cost of a lease. Ask them to run them....don't accept, "you won't save anything" or any other excuse. Then compare to the lease without MSD's and don't forget that while you write a check for 10 monthly payments up front, you get that money back at the end...it's NOT a down payment or capital cost reduction.

Make sure they are using the money factor for your credit score...ask if they are using tier 1 credit money factors for your lease.
  • hx_guyhx_guy Member Posts: 41
    I'm planning to go take a look at some 2012 E350 Bluetec models this week and wanted to see if you guys could give me some direction on starting negotiations.

MSRP on the car is $56,565 while Truecar shows an invoice price of $53,367 (inc. P1 pkg, $700 regional ad fee & $875 destination fee), while Costco auto shows $52,667.

I was thinking of trying for $52,500 + $3000 Conquest discount for a total of $49,500 and if I could, get them to throw in the maintenance. Too aggressive and unrealsitc? I don't want to insult them but I do want to get the best deal possible.

I also want to ask about the MSDs, but not until we agree on the price of the car first. Thanks for any advice.
    edited May 2012
    sounds like an excellent plan. Unless things have changed dramatically, by far the best lease on the bluetec is 24 months due to an extremely high residual. For gas cars it's 33 months. Likely the dealer won't believe the payment is correct because they don't know 24 months is better.

Don't worry about insulting a dealer...that's rediculous. Your biggest negotiating weapon are your feet....when they won't meet your price, start to walk out...or walk out and wait for their call.

Some thoughts....try to find one with P2 for the headlights...they are worth the extra money. The mercedes origination fee is $795 which some (scum) dealers mark up to $1095....be careful. I am paying under $500/mo+tax on a 2011 P2 bluetec 24 mo 12K mile lease...you should be able to match that on a 2012 right now...if they have a car

The MSD's shouldn't effect the negotiation of price...the dealer isn't involved in the discount for MSD's.....but if the dealer doesn't understand MSD's it might confuse them and they might think you're a nut case (happened to me, but we worked it out). As you probably know, the max 10 MSD's should lower your money factor by .0007 which looks small but is significant when you do the calculations.

Don't put anything down on the lease...just pay the first month's payment and any legally required other fees...plus the MSD's which you will get back at the end.

BTW...it's a wonderful car...probably the first car I've leased that I'll be sorry to give up at the end.
This discussion has been closed.