Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    Lease is almost up on my 2010 E350 4Matic and started to look at 2012- Fully loaded (about $65k includes 3 yr maint) negotiated $639 p/m (including NJ tax) for 33 mos/10K miles and $1027 at delivery (includes 1st month, tags etc..) Have fleet discount/loyalty-

1-Good price?
    2-Will deals get more aggressive over the summer?
    3-Should I wait for 2013 model (have 4 mos left on current lease)
  • Options
    ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    sweet spot is 33 mos for gas cars, 24 mos for bluetec. Conquest money is independent of multiple security deposits, you can use both. I believe MSD's are offered in California. Origination charge by Mercedes is $795...dealers seem to want to mark this up to $1095. Each MSD drops the money factor by .00007 .... if you take the maximum 10 Security deposits, it would drop the money factor by .0007. MSD's are (generally) not applicable to promotional money factors and are applicable to the "base rate". However, some cars do not have promotional money factors such as the bluetec's.

The best "deal" is the 24 mo bluetec lease with 10 MSD's....you won't believe how inexpensively you can drive a $60K car.
  • Options
    Yes, if you purchase the Mercedes maintenance package (not some "better" package offered by your dealer", it becomes a feature on the car and it is handled like any other feature.

Note: some dealers do it this way, some charge the full amount just charged monthly over the life of the lease...and, mystifyingly, Mercedes finance seems to accept either one. My maintenance was handled like any other feature and I think I'm paying about $200 for two years of maintenance.
  • Options
    David EhrlichmanDavid Ehrlichman Member Posts: 47
    Currently have a 2010 E350 4 matic Luxury edition. Original lease was 39 months, with 15K per year.
    Current lease is 668.00 (I paid the taxes up front).
    Going into a 2012 E350 4 matic sport, 33 months, 15K per year @ 650.00 per month.
    P1, fold down rear seat, some sort of container in the trunk, and rear deck spoiler.
    Total drive off is 3600.00 (Tax, bank fee, etc).
    Here's the good part....I had 9 months left on the 2010, was 1500 miles away from going over, and 3,000 miles away from being out of warranty.
    I do get a 2K fleet discount but, I thought this deal was just way too good to pass up.
    Plus, if I went into a different make, I'd have to pay the "disposition" fee.
  • Options
    rravinrravin Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know what the Residual% and the MF is for the E350 Sedan (gas vehicle) for the 33mo/15k miles per year are? I have tier 1 credit.
  • Options
    Hi Car man,
    Want to know the MF(tier 1), residual%, and sweet spot for lease of E350 sedan.(Iv'e read 33mo for the gas vehicle).Not sure but from what I'm reading it sounds like 33mo is better than 36mo and that 15k miles is better than 12k. Is this right?. I live in Los Angeles, CA. Does the competive conquest program apply here? Is origination charge $795 correct? Can the conquest program be combined with the MSD's. and does each MSD lower the MF by .0007 or .00007. Seems to be some discrepency between posts from others on this thread.
    Thanks in advance for your help both now and in the past.
    rravinmd
  • Options
    bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2012
    Car man- good deal??
  • Options
    david2u...why are you paying all that money up front? Does your state REQUIRE that you pay taxes up front? Why are you paying the bank fee up front? Have you looked at multiple security deposits? have you included maintenance in your lease?
  • Options
    David EhrlichmanDavid Ehrlichman Member Posts: 47
    The upfront is for the taxes, the bank fee, MV fees, and first month lease payment.
    I just hate to pay interest on taxes.
    I didn't put maintenance on it....I still have time.
    Picking up the car Saturday.
    How much is the maintenance, and what does it cover?
    I thought them taking my car back with 9 payments left was fair, so I didn't nickel and dime them.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    you don't pay interest on taxes....taxes are added to the monthly charge each month. There is no advantage to paying them up front unless your state requires you to do so.

Maintenance covers the maintenance of the car by mercedes and by including it in the lease as a feature, you may find that you only pay a part of the list price. Get them to quote the same lease with maintenance included.....find the difference in price between with/without maintenance and multiply by the length of your lease. If they residualized it, the total will be far less than the MSRP of the maintenance.

Be careful...if you wait for the "financial guy" when you pick up the car, he will just ask for a check for the full amount. Be smart...ask your salesman to include Mercedes (not some third party) maintenance in your lease and get the monthly payments. Tell him "please include the maintenance as a feature on the car....as they do on the mercedes web site when you configure a car there".
  • Options
    robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    edited June 2012
    I was just offered the following. E-350 Bluetec with 12K miles yr P1 package 24 months $525 a month which includes P1 package. This came from a car broker. I am in South Fla so the tax is 6%.

With Single Pay (One Pay for the Lease) 446.00 Month Inc Tax
    With MSD x 10 455.00 Month Inc Tax

Inceptions are First Month, 795 Bank Fee, Plates.

Robert
  • Options
    Msd's are safer. Get Mercedes maintenance rolled into the lease as a feature on the car. Consider getting a p2 car for the much improved lighting. The 24 mo bluetec lease is tHe best lease deal in the market....and it's a terrific car.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I have a few questions for anyone who has dealt with MB leasing. Previosly I have dealt with Acura who is the best leasing companyfor many reasons, no end of lease fees, allowances for over miles or minor damages to $1500.00, no hassles if tires are pretty worn etc. How is MB at end of lease? Are there and scheduled service on these leases that you are forced to use MB dealer repair. I would appreciate any information about their leasing policies both pro and con. I have to make a decision this weekend. Thanks Robert
  • Options
    There are barely any Bluetecs around any more. The new ones I was told come in October? So I can only get the P1 based on that is available. Have you ever leased from MB before? I am wondering about how they are to deal with. Audi was nto good and I wont buy another one. Acura has been great with me (American Honda)
  • Options
    Hi Car man,
    Can you please tell me the July MF (tier 1 credit) and residual % for leasing a 2012 Mercedes E350 4-door sedan(gas model) for 33months 12k and 15k respectively. Is The competitive conquest program still in effect and can MSD's be used. I am located in Los Angeles, CA. Any other fees besides origination charge of $795, and tax/license that I should expect to pay up front?
    Need to make a decision quickly. Thanks in advance for your help
    rravinmd. :)
  • Options
    vhl71vhl71 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2012
    Not gettingg much luck with the dealer here in canada. Only giving 2k off msrp

Which turns out to be 72000

With 4.9% lease rate (36mo) and 12000kms a year the payment comes to 1160 a month

Isn't it too much for a e350?

Any other canadians who had a better deal?
  • Options
    msajanmsajan Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone, I have the same questions as rravinmd, does anyone know this information?

thanks
    Mark
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi rravin. The 33-month term is definitely better than the 36-month term on this car right now, but neither mileage allowance, 12k or 15k, is necessarily better than the other. It all depends upon how many miles you need. If you're going to use 15,000 miles per year definitely go with that option.

Mercedes-Benz Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

MB Finance's base acquisition fee is indeed $795.

The conquest cash certificates should be available in your area. I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible with MSDs.

Each additional deposit lowers the money factor by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi Robert. As far as service goes, I never performed more than tire rotations and oil changes and they didn't seem to care about that, but Mercedes-Benz Finance is one of the few companies that did indeed hit me with an excess wear and tear charge when I turned in my leased vehicle. I was actually fairly surprised. It wasn't huge, but I still wasn't thrilled about it. Getting dinged with the $595 disposition fee is pretty annoying as well.

I wouldn't say that MB Finance is terrible, but you probably won't find your experience with them as pleasant as your experience with Acura Finance.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey rravin. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

At lease signing, you will have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment and acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi Car_Man, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

A few questions: is the MF of .00127 the same for 12K miles per year as well?

Also, what is issued when one uses MSDs? Is it noted on the lease contract only, or do you get other documentation as well from MBFS showing you have a deposit with them?

Also are MSD's in increments of $500 or any amount?

Thanks
    Mark
  • Options
    the mf is the same for any mileage....only the residual changes

The MSD's are shown on the contract

The amount of each MSD is calculated differently by different dealers and MB Finance doesn't seem to care. In my case they figured each security deposit as my monthly payment including tax with no rounding and they insisted this was correct (they were, of course, wrong but that's what I paid). The correct way to do it, I think, is to take your calculated monthly payment without tax and round it up to the nearest $50. I have also seen dealers who use the calculated monthly lease payment before applying the MSD discount and rounding that up to the next $50. No matter which method they use, you will get whatever you paid back at the end of the lease.
  • Options
    You're very welcome Mark. Yes, the money factor would indeed be the same for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year.

Security deposits are usually equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment. I'm not sure what sort of documentation Mercedes-Benz Financial issues lessees who make additional security deposits, but I don't think that the deposits would just disappear.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    vhl71vhl71 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2012
    Any inout on this from Canadians?
  • Options
    Does anyone know the difference in discount that one gets off an e class on these three programs. I've seen that Costco and USAA are about the same but I see very little discussion of the AmEx discount or other buying club discounts.

I believe that the conquest cash (currently $3000) is not combinable with any of the above, but the mercedes club and mercedes finance discounts ARE combinable witih each other and combinable with the above three programs.

Could anyone clarify this mess of options.

I'd like to lease a 2012 this month and while there is no costco near us, I can still join, etc.
  • Options
    I am looking for the Bluetec model because that has the better lease residual. However I went locally with the AMEX/Conquest deal in South Fla. They made me a crazy high offer. I mentioned to the salesman later about MSDs and he said those dotn do anything for the rate since interest rates are low. They were at 740 for the E350+ P1. Does anyone know when for the 2013 Bluetech modeals since no 2012s are available? I may wait???

Rob
  • Options
    One more thing. I never got any great deals from the costco offers no matter who the dealer was or what the car brand was.

Rob
  • Options
    goteambluegoteamblue Member Posts: 92
    Hi Car Guy,

Can you confirm if a 33 month lease is still available on the 2012 E350 in July? I just had a dealership that I am negotiating with tell me that MBF has removed the 33 month lease for the month and has the 30 month at the same residual and MF (60% and .00127 for 15K)?

Thanks and if possible, I need to know ASAP because I plan on leasing either today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Jon
  • Options
    Hi ghstudio,
    The dealer is telling me that the mf of .00127 is a promotional mf on the e350 sedan(gas model). Do you know if this is correct? need answer asap... :)
    rravin.
  • Options
    morrislener1morrislener1 Member Posts: 2
    Car man:

What is the residual value and money factor for a 2013 E550 Cabriolet. I'm being told 51% with a 15k mile lease and a money factor of .21%.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I don't know if that is the accurate current rate, but it's lower than I've seen anywhere, so I'm pretty confident it's some sort of promotional rate. If it is a promotional rate, the dealer may not allow you to use MSD's against that rate.
  • Options
    bass_fisherbass_fisher Member Posts: 22
    I heard different interpretations for the MSD to bring down the money factor for the lease. Is there any catch for this? In case of an accident, do you lose any or all your MSDs?

Thanks!
  • Options
    The people who you spoken to have no clue about this. I think this is one of those things that is never promoted. MSDs are not one of those cap cost reductions on the car. In my opion cap costs reductions are a rip off and make no sese. The idea of leasing a car is not to put any money down, except in the case of the MSD program that has significant pricing benefit. It the car is lost, stolen etc the MSDs have no bearing. You are secure with that money and will not lose anything. (This assumes of course you are insured) My local dealer told me that MSDs wont matter because interest rates are low. That is not true either as shown by others here in the pricing they got. I want the E350 Bluetec because of the great residual on that car. I am trying to find out when the 2013 cars will be in. Maybe I can get my lease with that car if there is available inventory. At the end of your lease you get the MSD money back. If you do damage to the that will be deducted from the MSDs, however you would be responsible either way for any excess damage.

Robert
  • Options
    Well explained....

Few dealers want to explain to their customers that paying a bit more per month is a better deal! 99% of car salesmen and buyers focus on the monthly payment....not the money down or any other costs. If the salesman can bring the monthly payment down by any means, they increase their odds of selling car.

So it's simple math.....if you pay $5000 up front, you will reduce each payment by roughly $5000/number of months in the lease.

In the case of MSD's, you loan mercedes a "large" amount of cash (e.g. $5000) and your monthly payments are higher than if you used that money for a cash down payment up front....therefore, it's viewed as a poor deal (to those who really don't understand finances or leasing).

What most buyers and almost no dealers do is to add up all the cash outflows (and inflows at the end from MSD's) and select the deal that has the lowest overall cost over the life of the lease.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help in explaining the difference between cap cost reduction and MSDs. The MSDs seem to be the no-brainer between the two.
  • Options
    scottamcscottamc Member Posts: 26
    Hi Guys,

I currently have a 2009 c300 lease that is due in a few months. Fully loaded with p2+amg with only 19k miles. MBZ dealership contacted me and offered to take 4 remaining payments, waive turn in fee, wouldn’t pay upcoming dmv on it (39m lease) and offered me this below…

2012 E 350 w/ p2+amg wheel pckg+rear spoiler+Sport package+lane tracking pckg with msrp $59,725 for $50,800. ~14.9% discount it looks like. Lease for 24 months at 522.27+tax in CA=$567.97 monthly payment. w/ $2000 OTD down (1st months payment+tax+dmv lic,etc)

What do you guys think...feedback?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This sounds a good deal. I know Mercedes is offering different rebates for USAA ($4k), Conquest($3k) or Loyalty ($2k), depending on what you may qualify. The best deal I have seen is
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eea6b46/1783#MSG1783, which is more than $10k below MSRP.

However, it is getting very hard to find the car you like given the low inventory.
  • Options
    1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    Quite a few posts alluding to how good the 24mo Bluetec leases are. What are the residuals (12k/yr) and money factor?

I saw a post from late May which 76% and .00250 - is that still the case?
  • Options
    Hi Jon. Mercedes might not be doing the Value Added use of 30-month numbers for 33-month terms this month. I believe that it is advertising 24-month leases of this car right now. Chances are that's the most attractive term at this time.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Yes, rravin, the money factor that you were quoted is correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi morrislener1. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E550 Convertible is 53%. Did you mean that you were quoted a money factor of .00210? Mercedes is not providing any lease support on this model right now, so that money factor is probably about right.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi 1985mb. Mercedes-Benz Financial's residual values for the E350 Bluetec are solid. Its current 24-month, 15,000 mile per year residual for this car is 74%.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through MB Financial, you would have to use its standard lease money factors. I believe that its standard rates vary by credit tier and possibly by region as well. A factor of .00250 sounds slightly high. I suspect that if your credit is in good shape that you'll probably be able to get more like .00210.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello Car_man,

I am contemplating a 2012 or wait for 2013 e350. Do you know any historical info on how new models are priced/ discounted / lease supported in the few months when both model years are on the lot? (I am guessing July/ Aug & Sep are the overlap months)

Thanks..Mark
  • Options
    The best buy right now is the 24 mo bluetec lease.....75% residual and mf of .0014 using multiple security deposits. $3000 conquest money if you drive most any other car plus $1500-$2000 off if you have a current lease or finance through mercedes finance......and that's without any discount off the car.

Putting it together, the lease if you pay list price (MSRP) for a $60K e bluetec (if you can find one) would be around $650 plus tax. Get a $3000 discount on the car from the dealer and that drops below $500 per month and that's with $0 down up front, just the MSD loan to mercedes.

note: obviously those are rough numbers, but you get the idea.....
  • Options
    I wish I knew where to find one of the Bluetecs. I have been told that there are none and new ones in Oct? Any ideas who has a car on this?

Rob
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I've asked the dealer to include the maintenance in the price of the car and he is adding it into the net cap cost part of the lease equation but not increasing the MSRP of the car. When I ask him why he said something about not being able to do this because it was not a physical item on the car so it was handled differently. Is he right? He has been pretty straight forward with me regarding mf,residual etc. As it stands now the MSRP is $61,310 and my net cap cost is $ 52,925. These numbers do not factor in any maintenance program. This is with drive off of tax and license and 1st payment. The acquisition fee of $795 I've had added into the lease(net cap cost). Discount of $8385. Mf. .00127 residual for 24mo 15k/yr is 67%. What do you think should I tell him no deal if he won't increase the MSRP for adding the maintenance program even though he is residulizing it into the lease via and increase in the net cap cost? Thanks for your input.
    rravin :):)
  • Options
    Unfortunately, he's probably doing it correctly.....some dealers don't. There is little/no advantage to paying it in advance if he's not adding it to the MSRP. Just go with the flow and enjoy the car.
  • Options
    mxr79mxr79 Member Posts: 1
    Interested in leasing an E350 Coupe - any advice, specials, or are the deals better on the Sedan? I see some great posts on the 24m/33m, etc...
  • Options
    1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    Is there a way to reduce the mf further via single pay? Or is single pay incompatible with MSD?

Also, one of the few P2 blutecs I found is a demo with 5k miles, technically being sold as new and qualifies for their lease programs. does conquest cash apply? I can't any official info on CC so I can't tell.

theoretically the selling price or gross cap cost on this car should be lower than what people are reporting on their new bluetecs@ around 15+% off msrp incl CC
  • Options
    scottamcscottamc Member Posts: 26
    Anyone know residuals & moneyfactors for 10k miles & 7500 miles for 2012 e350 & 2012 e350 bluetecs at 24 months / 30 months / 33 months?
This discussion has been closed.