Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• glipperglipper Member Posts: 13
    I was quoted $599/mth for an E350 (MSRP $60K) including tire/wheel protection and maintenance.

Is this a good deal in NJ?
  • kylegrant1kylegrant1 Member Posts: 3
    For my recently leased 2012 E350 4Matic, 10K miles/yr, P1 package, split folding rear seats, rear spoiler:
    Residual 71%, MF 0.0013.
    These were not the #'s out of the gate, and took some negotiating to get to that point.
    I'm at ~$570/month, nothing down other than 1st payment and fees, and that $569 month includes 6.75% sales tax in the monthly payments.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    sorry...was there another post that told me if this is gas or diesel, which model, how long the lease is and miles, etc. ????
  • carcar14carcar14 Member Posts: 9
    Anyone see any problems with this deal, or room for negotiation?
    2013 E-350 Cabriolet: MSRP-68,960.00;60% LEV; 36month; 36K miles; MF=0.00230; tax=3153.24; initial cap cost=66,310.00; total added cap costs=1,095.00; adj cap cost= 67,405.00; base rent=973.23; annual fees=162.50; lic fee=162.50; total initialfees=45.00; 1,268.32 due @ start; monthly payment= 1,060.82. I love my dealer, and drive to do business with him despite having a local dealership in my hometown. Unless there is a glaring problem I'll probably go with this Monday. T.Y.CARCAR14
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    Money Factor should be 170. From 230 you subtract 10 points for auto pay and additional 30 or 40 points for tier 1 plus approval. Where are you located? And what is the selling price of the vehicle, and how much total due at signing?
  • jennygirl402jennygirl402 Member Posts: 1
    carcar14 I also am looking at a Cab. I would wait a few days or a week and see what incentives Mercedes might give for August. Anybody have any insight for August incentives?
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    I'd like to thank everyone here who has been so helpful about posting residuals, answering questions about rebates and MSDs, and provided smart tips such as residualizing the prepaid maintenance contract. Some details if anyone is interested:

MSRP $60,395
    Residual value 76% @ 12k mi/yr
    Plus Prepaid Maintenance $1,129

Selling Price:
    I offered $53,450 less 3k conquest cash
    They ran out of CC but ultimately we did $52,750 less 2k fleet employee program rebate
    Added to cap cost:
    LAF $795
    Maintenance $1,129
    Sales tax 7% $598

MF: buyrate .00210 less 10 MSDs (.00070) and autopay (.00010) = .00130

Due at inception:
    10 MSDs
    1st month payment
    NJ luxury surcharge of 0.4% of vehicles with gross selling price about 45k: 210
    Title & Registration: 258
    Doc fee: 145 (yes I normally I hate paying it but overall the bottom line here was the best)

I'd also like to thank Mercedes-Benz of Cherry Hill in NJ just outside Philadelphia, PA. I can provide the salesperson's contact info to anyone interested, but what I liked most was that the painlessness of the process seems to be institutionalized throughout the dealership. From starting online to talking to the salesperson to signing the contracts with the F&I manager without any extras being shoved down my throat to shaking hands with the sales manager, it was my least aggravating purchase in memory.
  • bass_fisherbass_fisher Member Posts: 22
    Congratulations! Sounds like a great deal. Did you find the colors and options you wanted or you had to comprise given the low inventory?

I assume this was a 24 months lease with 76% residual for the Bluetec. The final sale price is $50,750 after fleet? Why can't you use the conquest cash?

Also, what is the monthly payment before taxes?

Thanks!
    Car_Man:

Can you post the 2012 and 2013 lease program (residual and money factor) for the E350 4MATIC for 24 months, or 36 months with 10k, 12k driving?

I am thinking about going for a 2012 or 2013. Not sure how big a difference there is. It's really hard to find the colors and options I wanted with 2012.

Thanks!
    Yes, I am very happy with the car in question given the low inventory. I wanted P2 definitely (xenons and keyless-go) + Sport with a strong preference for folding rear seats. I am glad it didn't come with too many extra, unwanted items and we will come to appreciate the heated wheel and LDP over time.

I have seen a dichotomy in the inventory where many cars are P1 plus some stuff (MSRP high 50's) while some P2 equipped cars are loaded with stuff I don't want/need (MSRP high 60s). This one was "just right" - quite remarkable since there are just a handful of P2 Bluetecs left in the area.

In terms of color, Arctic White over Almond/Black interior is very nice. I didn't want black or beige exterior, which basically leaves M-B's plethora of greys and silvers. We already have a grey E350 in the family, and I didn't notice any silver P2s except as far as Florida. There is a Lunar Blue in North Haven, CT - uncommon color among E350s for sure but I suspected it wouldn't have P2 and I never got the window sticker or options list after asking twice.

The payment would be around 365 without tax, and I intentionally didn't highlight it because I feel that, in any given month, your 'best deal' is governed by selling price/cap cost, RV and MF. If the RV goes down by, say, 1% next month someone could negotiate an equally good deal but their payment would be slightly higher. Or M-B could announce more conquest cash and their payment would be slightly lower.

I couldn't use conquest cash because they said they had run out of CC certificates.
    Congratulations again on a terrific find!

Since you live in the Mid-Atlantic region, what do you think the 4MATIC option. Is it truly a necessity in the winter here or Bluetec will do just fine?

Thanks in advance!
    Car Man:

Can you post the 2012 and 2013 lease program (residual and money factor) for the E350 4MATIC for 24 months, or 36 months with 10k, 12k driving?

I am thinking about going for a 2012 or 2013. Not sure how big a difference there is. It's really hard to find the colors and options I wanted with 2012.

Thanks!
    No, I do not view 4Matic as a necessity. I moved from a Quattro Audi A6 to a BMW RWD 330i to the RWD Bluetec. I will use dedicated winter tires in winter, a combination that is safer (in terms of measurable braking and turning) than AWD + All-seasons.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi bass_fisher. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00131 and 70%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00131 and 51%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Mercedes isn't providing any lease support on the 2013 version of this car yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • edjjedjj Member Posts: 6
    The title says it all...almost. I'm looking for an E350 Coupe and would be happy picking up a 2012 if I found what I liked or waiting on a 2013 (which I am now seeing on the lots).

What are the residuals and money factors for the 2012 and 2013 if I were to go with 36 months and 15,000 miles? Are there currently any better "sweet spots" out there (e.g. better number for 33 months or 12,000 miles)?

Also, I'd be happy to hear anyone's speculation as to when we might see some incentives and price flexibility on the 2013s.

Thanks very much.
    Greetings edjj. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the E350 Coupe. This means if you were to lease one through MB Finance, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. That number varies by credit tier and possibly by region, but .00200 is a good estimate.

As far as this car's residual values go, Mercedes-Benz Financial's August resid for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 58%. the residual for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model is interestingly exactly the same.

While I suppose that anything is possible, I personally wouldn't hold my breath for lease support on any E Coupes. Mercedes really has only been providing support on the E350 Sedan and E63 Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
  • nsurinsuri Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Hello Everyone!

I just signed a 2012 Mercedes E350 Coupe 4Matic w/ Premium Package 1 + rear spoiler (limited options left for 12's).

Here's the details:

Sticker price $58,475

-Down Payment including first month payment_total out of pocket - $3500
    -24 Month Lease
    -15k Miles a year

Price with tax monthly @ 599.00

No MB service/maintenance included.

Please advise me if I got a bad deal...I am a bit worried I over paid for such a car on the lease.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Thanks.
  • caymantycaymanty Member Posts: 10
    Thanks to all for posting in this forum. I couldn't have negotiated this deal otherwise or have had the knowledge base to do so.

Palladium Silver, P1 package, rear spoiler
    MSRP - $56385
    Sale Price - $47635 ($8750 off of MSRP)
    Term - 24 months
    Money Factor - 0.00127
    Upfront - $1095 lease acquisition fee + tax/registration, No Cap Reduction
    Monthly Payment - $490 including tax

Very few Palladium Silvers with MSRP of $56385 remaining in CA as of last weekend. None of the dealers I spoke were willing to go with a $795 lease acquisition fee.
  • nsurinsuri Member Posts: 2
    Looks like your deal is fantastic!

Is it a coupe? Sedan?

I had a terrible time Getting a good deal on a 2012 coupe..
    You did well finding the 2012 E350 you like. It is hard to find the colors and options I wanted, and had to comprise on it.

The deal sounds good. The only things you might be missing:
    1. Auto pay will cut your money factor by 0.0001, which is still nice. The dealer showed me 0.00005 first, but I corrected him from what others posted.
    2. You can add the maintenance as part of the cap cost and residual would apply to it, it is like only pay 30% for the cost.
    3. I have seen the $795 LAF posted at the MBUSA, but was quoted $1095 on the paper. I don't understand why either.

Final summary: try the best you can, but do not over-analyze it. Make it a more enjoyable experience. Dealers need to make money too.
    It's a sedan. At least in CA, very few lower MSRP's remaining other than whites and blacks.
    Yep, I completely missed the auto pay and wasn't even aware of it until last night when I posted my message. I was in "final" negotiations with four dealers and none of which volunteered that info. The one interesting aspect that I found last month with the 0.00127 money factor was two dealerships quoted me $9200 ($56385 MSRP) to $10146 (High $59k MSRP) off of MSRP but neither dealer was willing to use the 0.00127 money factor on the lease. They did not call me back after I walked away so looks like they are making less off of a lease compared to a purchase at the same price.

Yes I am aware of the residualizing the maintenance package from the posts that I read but I am not a big scheduled maintenance guy other than oil changes (I have never done a scheduled maintenances on any of my cars). Is it required that I do scheduled maintenance as part of the lease? Like I said, this is my first lease. Thanks.
  • mersadkmersadk Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to share details of the deal I singed for Bluetec over the weekend:
    MSRP $57,295 (black sport and premium 1 with folding seats)
    Sold 49,295
    LAF $895
    Residualized maintenance for additional $9 per month
    MF: buyrate .00210 less 10 MSDs (.00070) and autopay (.00010) = .00130
    Residual value 76% 12k mi/yr
    Monthly $385 with tax. (10 MSD's and LAF and first month due at signing).
    Couldn't be happier with the car and the deal that I got. Thanks for everybody that shared their lease deals as I couldn't have done it without knowing all these details.
  • fungracingfungracing Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    This is a crazy deal!! Can you let me know which dealer and sales you got this deal from? I am currently looking for one right now. Also, what is the term?
    Wow, that's a heck of a deal, mersadk. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with us. That's a lot of car for less than $400 per month. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    This was the last '12 Bluetec in the state but you should be able to make this kind of deal with your local dealer with the information provided from recent deals on this board. The best deal is on 24 month Bluetec lease due to high residual 76% and then buying down interest rate with MSD's.
    Good luck.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    Mersadk,

Was that $49,295 the dealer selling price before any adds (Maintenance and dealer/licensing fees)?

Does it include conquest or loyalty or any other incentives?

Thanks.
  • drrishisingh1drrishisingh1 Member Posts: 5
    Here's the deal that I've been offered:
    2012 E350 4 matic
    P2 with keyless go
    18" wheel package
    Split folding rear seat
    Heated steering wheel
    7500 miles per year

MSRP is 62595
    24 months
    Residual is 45068.40
    Payment is 578+Ohio tax (7.75%)

My questions are:
    1. Is the money factor for this 0.00165?
    2. What is the residual % for a 24 month lease on this car.

I've tried to calculate this myself with various online calculators and I can't get his value. Thoughts?

Thanks,
    It is before any adds and includes conquest.
  • 123ml123ml Member Posts: 5
    Can you please tell what you mean by LAF and MSD's? that is a great deal. I drive a bluetec ML 350 and love it. Does it have 4matic?
    drrishisingh1,
    Looks like a decent deal to me, assuming you're not putting any $ down. But a few questions:
    Are you putting any $ down as a cap cost reduction (exclude fees, up front sales tax, etc)
    Do you know what the purchase price of the vehicle is (i.e. the capitalized cost)?
    I assume your Lease Acquisition Fee is $795.

You'll probably need to add in ~$45/month if you roll the sales tax into your monthly payment.

If you know the things above, then we can figure out your money factor.
    But a typical money factor for MB has been 0.0013.
  • drrishisingh1drrishisingh1 Member Posts: 5
    The sale price is 54975. I was asked to bring in only $250 since I have a current lease. The local dealers won't discuss reducing the money factor with multiple MSDs since they're referring to this a special lease program and not the traditional (not sure if that is BS or not).
    123ml,
    LAF = Lease acquisition fee
    MSD - multiple security deposits.. you are allowed to make 10 deposits, each equal to monthly payment in exchange for lower interest rate.
    The car I got doesn't have 4Matic.. we also have ML350 so didn't need another 4WD.
    drrishisingh1,

I am assuming they have rolled in the $795 lease acquisition fee into your monthly payments.

So, to answer your original question, the residual is 72% of the MSRP.
    And your money factor is 0.0013.
    I think you are being offered a fair deal.
    current (as of this am) lease rates for a 2012 e350 blutec (and my dealer still has a few) is

76% residual and .0020 mf for a 12K/yr 24 mo lease. With 10 msd's that brings the mf down to .0013 and if you get $8000 off using discounts/conquest cash/etc, that gives you a lease of about $440 per month plus tax on a P1 equipped car (no cash down...just MSD's).

Still looks like the best lease of any $60K car....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    A guy on the GL lease board just did a one-pay, 24 month lease for $10K or so... About a $70K MSRP rig...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    Hi caymanty,

If you don't mind me asking, which dealer in CA did you go to? I'm looking to lease an E350 gasoline as well, and that sounds like a great deal. I'm in the Southern California area.

Thanks.
  • bidask2012bidask2012 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Everyone-

All the info here is very helpful. I cant find much discussion on pre-owned leases though.

Does anyone have any experience with doing them? I have access to Mercedes Benz Financial residual values and money factor rates for pre-owned but im wondering how if the structure of the lease is any different or if there is anything to be aware of?

I assume freight is not charged, are MDS's allowed?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Im looking at 2010 E63 or 2011 E 550......
  • bidask2012bidask2012 Member Posts: 5
    Actually the 2011 was never titled so I believe it can be leased as new right?

If thats the case I am trying to figure out what residual value you would use? I have pre-owned 2011 numbers but not "new". The MSRP would still be what it is new?
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    I'm in SoCal-LA area and looking for new lease to replace my 2010 R350 lease that expire in 5 months. This weekend I emailed few dealers and here is what I got so far for my 24mo/12k mi per yr lease:

2012 E-Bluetec is rare (3 left) but 2013 E-Bluetec is @one of the dealer I search. One dealer in Irvine, CA won't go lower then $599mo. w/8.75% tax w/$2k drive off on $61k MSRP. Other dealer with 2012 & 2013 yet to responsed with number.

2012 E350 provide huge discount but some dealers already runs out. I'm able to get quote for $499/mo. w/8.75% tax w/$1k drive off on $56k MSRP, and I know it can go lower and few dealer also indicate they can match or beat if I go visit them...

2013 E350 even with 10% MSRP discount, the quote is around $600 w/tax w/$2k drive off on $58k MSRP.

Never own Bluetec so will love to give it a try. Any one know MY2013 Bluetec incentive is same as MY2012?
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe there are any money offers on the 2013's yet....Since yo have 5 months, I would wait until next month....or lease a 2012 which is essentially the same car as the 2013, if you find one equipped the way you like it. $3000 conquest money, 76% residual and the discount using multiple security deposits make it a very cheap lease. If you belong to MBCA, don't forget that $1000 extra discount and any discount from mercedes finance as a loyal customer.
    Thanks Gh, actually no dealer shows concent on 5mo pmts so waiting till next month well lower the chance to get into 2012 deals on both e-BTC or E. I know I'm getting the loyalty and fleet emp disc from my co. Is my MBCA membership can add on top of it? The number I quote earlier yet to consider the FED and MBCA. ;)
  • msajanmsajan Member Posts: 7
    Hello Car_man, for Aug, what is the residual % and MF for 2012 E350 gas? Do you have info for 2013 as well?

I am trying to strike a deal this month if the incentives are good..i know that 2012 inventories are low so may consider waiting for 2013 or at least comparing.

Thanks in advance
    Marke
  • markeemarkeemarkeemarkee Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, what do you think of this deal I have been offered:

MB e350 sedan

MSRP= 57525
    Agreed price:= 51510
    MF: .00157
    miles/ yr = 12K
    residual= 30488 (53%)
    Term of lease = 36 mos.
    pmt= 742

To me the residual seems too low...can anyone comment on this or the deal overall?

Thankyou in advance
    2012 or 2013?

I'm not sure about 3 yr lease but 2 yr lease is 72% and my guess is 3yr should be around low 60% range not low 50%.

I'm currently dealing 2013 and they seems to use the same residual @72% for 2 yrs lease. As for 2013 E350 BTC, no one want to use 76% for 2 yr lease just yet.
    I think the money factor should be .0013 and that the pmt is before tax. It looks like the dealer is including $3000 conquest cash plus giving you a $3000 discount after including "adminstrative fee" so that's good and they are charging $795 bank/aquisition fee and not marking that up. Seems like an ok deal although if the mf is adjusted to .0013, the payment will be closer to $710 before taxes. I assume you aren't getting the mercedes finance loyalty credit or the MBCA $1000 discount....or are they included in the deal.
    Final deal:
    2013 E350 Luxury Pkg - MSRP $59,695
    Black with Almond
    P1, Parktronic, Land Change, Rear split seat, Keyless Go, Wood/Leather steering wheel.

Total Drive off : $1k
    Montly Pmt incl 8.75% tax: $535 Incl. 2 yrs service contract.
    Hello dl_amg,

sorry I should have stated that this is 2012 gas model. Also the agreed to price includes figuring in the conquest cash discount of 3K.
    edited August 2012
    Hello ghstudio, the dealer does not want to send me a mock up of a MBFS lease agreement with these numbers, but rather they are sending to me in email only and w/o the fee level detail
    Dealer is stating that the residual of 53% is set by MBFS (not sure if they can mark this up or state something different) and is the Aug number. Besides the 3K discount, there is no other discount applied. This is a 2012 gas model. Since the payments are in the mid 700's , this does not appear to be a great deal, but maybe an OK deal....def not as good as I have seen on this forum. I thought they may want to deal more aggressively on the remaining 2012 cars.
    Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.