Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello shanchen72. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00121 and 72% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi msc5. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00121 and 71% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00121 and 60%.

The numbers for the 2013 E350 Coupe are .00160 / 70% and .00160 / 60%.

If I was in your position I probably would get a new Mercedes in December. Mercedes-Benz will waive up to five remaining payments for consumers who get out of their MB Finance leases early and into a new one, so it won't cost you anything extra to get out now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi msc5. The E-Class is going to be completely redesigned for 2014.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 1985mb. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00160 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey romil01. It looks like the dealers that you are working with are attempting to mark your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing is pretty common at luxury brand dealers. Mark-ups can often be avoided by consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • hshadidhshadid Member Posts: 10
    Hey Car_Man,
    Is there any way you an help me locate a reputable car lease broker in the Chicago area? I wonder if that is the most effective way to get a dealer to negotiate seriously.

Thanks
    Hi ninadipietro. Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E350 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that the cash incentive is $4,000 on the Coupe, but I'll double check just to make sure.

Neither the dealer fee or the advertising fee are required by the state. Advertising fees are usually charged to dealers by manufacturers and they then turn around and pass them onto consumers. Of course there's also some back-end money that dealers don't share so it's sort of a double standard. Dealer fees are basically pure fluff that dealers use to pad deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hshadid. I don't have any brokers to recommend because I personally would never use one. Savvy consumers should be able to negotiate as good a deal or better than a dealer. They add convenience to deals I suppose, but they also add another party that has to profit off of you.

Car_man
    Host
  • 95vert95vert Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a 2013 E350 4Matic there is a $4000 certificate to lease and a $5000 to purchase. I negotiated the MF to .00041 thru MB Financial 24 month residual was 72% even though 2014 is going tobe reskinned there is very aggessive incentives on the car now.
  • awd250awd250 Member Posts: 63
    How in the world did you negotiate no bank and no acquisition fee? is That even possible?
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    edited December 2012
    Its just rolled up into the total payment/deal. Same with me. That is why when people start throwing around residual numbers and money factor numbers that is not something I get involved in. I know the car has a strong residual for the 24 month lease. Then I compare like cars. If dealer 1 tells me approx $800 a month (plus bank fee etc) and car brokers has the SAME car P1/P2 etc for 475, then I go with the lower cost. Now I use this thinking on a lease. Peole that buy cars get scammed when they are buying on "what the payment is" This is a different sort of transaction. Car dealers can stretch loans and all sorts of tricks. That is why a novice buyer comes in and the dealer says how much of a payment do you want.

Robert
  • bass_fisherbass_fisher Member Posts: 22
    I have never heard a MF as low as 0.00041. The lowest posted on the board which I remember was 0.0011. Unbeliveable with such high residual and discount. How much monthly payment did you end up assuming that you only paid for bank fee and 1st month?
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    You are absolutely right. The only thing that matters on a lease is the monthly payment. Initial OOP expense should be limited to the first month payment amount only if at all possible.
    The only purpose residual and MF serve is to let you find out what a good monthly payment is. Comparing two or more offers may not be sufficient. All offers you get can be bad. You need to be able to calculate the good monthly payment using MF, residual, MSRP and sale price.
  • ariazariaz Member Posts: 77
    It maybe true that a savvy customer can negotiate a better deal but you need competing dealers to achieve that.
    My area has 3 dealerships under the same ownership, so when you visit 1 they put your name in the computer and you go visit the other dealership they already you have been to the other dealership and price quoted.
    The car I got E350, The dealership wanted to charge me almost 200 more with 1000 down.
    So if you are in an area which has competition, you might be able to negotiate a better deal.
    All I paid upfront was the tax. So if the broker added $750 to the monthly payment, I am still paying much less what the dealer wanted to charge me with $1000 down.
    I am going to pay my own registration, because the broker wanted $400 for this services but I can get it done under $100.
  • hshadidhshadid Member Posts: 10
    Hello bass fisher,
    Can I ask what the total capitalization cost was, the monthly payment and total cash outlay on the 2013 E350 4 matic?
    Thanks
    My car came from a dealer a few hundred miles away. They swap cars. I did not have to pay any transport fee. I never found any car broker who wanted money up front. The brokers get some sort of volume fleet rate. As far as I know they make money if they can move alot of cars and create happy return customers who will come back every few years and reccommend them to their friends as well.
  • mercedes_dezmercedes_dez Member Posts: 8
    Brokers do not get any special pricing. On average when i do a broker deal, the dealership pays the broker anywhere from $500 to $1500 depending on what price or payment the broker closed the customer at. If there was no charge for shipping rest assured that it was set up in the deal. You paid for these things through the selling price of the car. I pass on "broker" pricing to all my clients.
    Just one question, if the brokers do not get special prices, than why is it they are much cheaper than a dealer. and why is it that the dealers would not even come close to that price
    I have been reading postings on this forum and the prices paid by the members of this forum to dealers are much higher than what ROBERTW477 posted from both his brokers?
    I can understand if the prices paid by couple of the members are higher. But the fact is that if you take a look at the dealer quotes and prices paid by members to dealers are much higher than what Robert quoted.
    Could be that CA has more competition and that is the reason for cheaper dealer quotes. Or maybe you are just a good at heart Dealer!!
    There are some who wants a fee upfront.
  • ajkajk Member Posts: 13
    I just bought a new E350 in the NJ/NY area and I can tell you that there is no need to get a broker if you are willing to do the legwork and your own negotiating.

The car's msrp was 60,845 and it ended up costing me 51,250 with 3yr maintenance included. I could have jumped last minute to another dealer for slightly less, but the guy I was dealing with was very accommodating from the start and I wanted to buy it from him.

The NY area has a lot of competition just like in southern CA, so it is much easier to get a good deal if you are willing to make the effort.
  • joe_n_2003joe_n_2003 Member Posts: 1
    Robert,
    which State are you in? does the $468 includes taxes? Do you know what was the purchase price?
    I am looking at the E350 Sedan, the MSRP was 56,800. I got $450+tax with $1500 down.
  • benzroverbenzrover Member Posts: 6
    MSRP: 61,475; Cap Cost 52,976. (4matic, sport, amg wheels, lane assist, spoiler, p1, split rear seat). This was pretty much invoice, minus 4k, minus doc fee.
    24 mo,10k.
    MF at 0.00121, residual 72%.
    Due at signing: $2,100 ($795 acquisition, $500 doc fee (which I had backed out of the cap cost because they never take it off the form); first month lease payment, plus title, plate transfer).
    Monthly $575, tax included.

If I had accepted a color on the lot and skipped the 2 yr maintenance, I could have done this deal at $520. I was too busy to press the 2 yr maintenance and wanted my color and options--which were not at the dealer--, so ended up paying an extra $55 month, which is too much for locating and transporting a car from another dealer and the 2 yr maintenance, but it is a better deal than what I had. In other words, you might be able to do $50 dollars better with more patience (as evidenced by some of the quotes in the 400's). My lease is a little over mileage, and they are waiving mileage fees, which I understand is pretty standard if you are rolling into a new MB lease. That being said, picking up a new car avoids a whole range of wear and tear items and maintenance that were coming up soon. Good luck.
  • 95vert95vert Member Posts: 2
    My car was 65560, cap cost was 57910, I did a 1 time pay of 13800 for a 24 month lease. Which is basically 575/month. This is the first time I did a lease like this it would have cost me almost 2700 more todo regular payments.
  • alanek1alanek1 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2012
    was that a 4-Matic? I was told by a dealer in NJ there are no deals on the 4-matic coupe, too rare. Can you say what dealer it was?Give more of a breakdown and options? Even with monthly payments he was in the 8's

TIA
    Alan
    Like you said, there is lot of competition in NY.
    In an area with competition you are able to negotiate because the dealers are competing for your business. In my previous post I said in my area there are 3 MB dealers, which are owned by the same ownership, so there is no competition and there prices are some of the highest.
    Based on what you noted "brokers do not get special pricing" I disagree with you for this reason. None of the dealers here will give any pricing on this car anywhere close to the prices I was quoted from two different brokers. Even my higher cost broker was well under what any dealer in this area would be willing to do. If I walked in with a cashiers check for the car as priced by the brokers, they would refuse it and show me the door. Remember the dealer is getting "the same deal" either way. If the brokers can give me the car at a far lower price than the dealership, then they are getting a price I cannot. And I am only interested in my actual bottom line cost. I dont care about paperwork fees, aquisition fees etc. Of course I assume its worked in. But when you lok at the featured TV MB deal for the C250 you will see what appears to be a fair cost, with a huge cap cost reduction and all those additional 550+795 piled on making the price of that car the same as my E350.
  • alanek1alanek1 Member Posts: 33
    I would also like the name of your broker. Can you name his company? You can email me his info.
    Rob, please email me I need to ask you something.
    Thanks.
  • rastmrastm Member Posts: 16
    2013 e350 4matic
    p1 package
    Wheel upgrade
    Rear entertainment
    Msrp 63800
    -$4000 winter event
    -$5000 negotiation

$650/no.. zero down
    12k/mil 2years

Did msd x 9 to drop monthly payment by $32/mo equating to about $800 savings over the lease period. BTW this also includes service for the two years.
    I just saw your message. How to I email you.

Rob
  • cluvnucluvnu Member Posts: 5
    Rob,
    I really need your help. Can I email you and ask you a few questions regarding a lease for a 2013 E350 Coupe? If so, what is your email. I am trying to take advantage of the winter event with 4,000 cash incentive. Thanks in advance for your time and help...your posts have been very informative and helpful to me :o)
    ~Carrie
  • pete96pete96 Member Posts: 14
    Looking for 2013 E350 , premier package 1, double sunroof,free maintance, zero down, 2 year lease. i been seeing deals in the mid $600's a month
    What are the lease prices? I'm returning my e350 2010 benz. \

Thanks

P.s
    Looking for 2013 E350 , premier package 1, double sunroof,free maintance, zero down, 2 year lease. i been seeing deals in the mid $600's a month
    What are the lease prices? I'm returning my e350 2010 benz. \

Thanks

P.S- What's out there like loyalty programs and other incentives for benz owners.
    Hi robertw
    Can you give me the name of your dealer or salesperson, I'm also looking on 2013 e350 lease, returning back my 2010 lease. Thank You.
    Hi
    can you e-mail me the dealer and salesman for this deal. It actualy very good, considering what I heard. Thanks alot.

2013 e350 4matic
    p1 package
    Wheel upgrade
    Rear entertainment
    Msrp 63800
    -$4000 winter event
    -$5000 negotiation

$650/no.. zero down
    12k/mil 2years
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    Any mention of a broker should also specify what bank or financial services company will be underwriting your lease...that way consumers can research what to expect at lease-end, e.g. disposition fees and wear/tear charges, over mileage, etc.
    Just deal with Mercedes Benz Financial which is going to be the best structured deal pricewise anyway. I have not seen any brokers underwriting with anyone other than MB Financial. Funny you should note that. I dont think a single person here has dealt with any other underwriter.
  • sochakovskysochakovsky Member Posts: 8
    MB E 350 4Matic
    P1 Package
    AMG Sport Package
    MSRP 59,125
    Selling Price 50,871
    24 Month Lease
    10K Mile/year

Price 532/Month

1st Month, DMV, Doc Fee due at signing which came out to about 930. Ended up going through a lease broker. Lease was through Mercedes. Love the new car :P
  • sarrsarr Member Posts: 5
    Which lease broker did you use?
  • torquertorquer Member Posts: 17
    I've used these forums for a long time, so I wanted to share the deal I got yesterday, mostly in part to the information here:

2013 E350 Sedan
    2 yr lease, 10K mi/yr
    MSRP $57,355 (basically just P1 package, with fold down seats and comfort box)
    Cap Cost $49,835 (incl. Acquisition Fee and Full Maintenance Pkg)
    Monthly Payment = $448.77 + Tax
    Downpayment: 1st months payment and DMV Fees

I think this is a screaming deal, and it's not much more than leasing a fully loaded V6 Accord. They charged me a $1,095 Acq Fee, which I think is $300 more than usual, but they were well within my range, so I figured I wouldn't press it. I'm normally a BMW guy, but at these prices, I'll be an MB guy for a while! Actually, the car is very refined with a great balance of power, handling and ride comfort. Thanks fellow forum contributors for your help!
  • rastmrastm Member Posts: 16
    Wow that's an awesome deal. Was this a 4matic ?
    No, just a RWD
    BTW, I had multiple quotes in Northern CA for $10,000-$10,500 off MSRP on a P1-equipped e350, so I would not settle for ~$9000 off! Of course, there is plenty of competition here in NorCal, so I don't know about other parts of the country.
    Hi
    You been very helpful, I got from Nj Dealer
    E350matic
    P-1
    Panaromic roof
    Zero down for $650 month
    795 bank fee
    239 doc fee
    150 mvd
    Can I do better? I did't sign anything yet!!!
    Please advise. Thank you.
  • doubleoo6doubleoo6 Member Posts: 52
    Pete96,

Dude, I just closed on my deal

MSRP: $60, 515
    Invoice: $57,041
    NEGOTIATED SALE PRICE: $51,195

Money Factor: .00111 With Auto Pay
    Res.: 71

Plus 2 Year Maintenance and NJ taxes included

OUTOFPOCKET: $763
    Monthly: $540

12k miles / 24 Months

Real #'s and a closed deal

Hope this helps.

- Double006
  • doubleoo6doubleoo6 Member Posts: 52
    Ok, so I bought a new E3504Matic today and am getting the car Monday, my brother would like to buy my car. Has anyone ever bought back their leased car after lease end? If so, please advise what I should be looking for....

Thank you.
  • expoguide1expoguide1 Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    Adding in a data point from my transaction earlier today in NoVa:
    E350 4Matic
    MSRP - 59795 (P1, Spoiler, Key Less Go, Split Seats)
    Selling Price - 49795
    Acq - 1095 (this is 300 more then the standard) - rolled into payment
    2 Year Maintaince - 619 - rolled into payment
    Taxes - $1500 - Rolled into Payment
    Tags - 44 rolled into payment
    2 year 12k mile
    .71 residual
    .00121 money factor
    Total at signing 582 (1st month + 22 registration)
    Payment 563
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Great deal!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nj12345nj12345 Member Posts: 2
    can you let me know what dealer in NJ gave you this price?
This discussion has been closed.