Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• thairsthairs Member Posts: 12
    Hi Guys,

This is the quote I've gotten so far from my CA at the local benz dealership:

2013 e350 4matic polar white
    P1, split folding rear seats, sport package, and comfort box
    MSRP: $59,135
    Sales price: $54,635 (after winter discount, and nothing else)
    Term: 24 months / 12k miles
    Residual: 71%
    Money factor: .00131 (with autopay)

Monthly (base): $632
    tax: $85.76
    Total monthly: $680
    Due at signing: $1,894 (1st month + acq. fee + doc. fee, etc)

I'm trying to get him to bring down the sales price and thus the monthly, and the MF seems to be higher than it should be, even after autopay....what do you guys think?

Thanks again!!
  • whompwhomp Member Posts: 5
    I think your math is wrong somewhere... 635 + 82 does not = 680. It's 717.
  • smartfanaticssmartfanatics Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    Thairs,

A couple of things with your deal and I am assuming it is a sedan with those details.

Your dealer is practically selling the car to you for msrp minus the 4k holiday cash. This is unacceptable. I have said it before and I will say it again. You should be able to get over 9k off on the car without much haggling. 10k off is possible with a bit of negotiation.
    Your sales price should be below 50k and the dealer will still be making money meaning you can go below that if you push.

Dealer is also marking up the MF. Base rate is .00121 and if you do autopay .00111. Just tell him you would like to pay the base MF And autopay and it should be .00111.

After that the numbers will work themselves out. Just watch out for more inflated dealer fees like aquisition, doc fees etc. if you have any more questions just ask or you can email me at my username on gmail.

I am not talking hypothetical numbers. I closed a on a deal a couple of weeks ago as have others on here so it is not too difficult.

Good luck!
    Haha yea my math was off there, but monthly with tax is $680.00 that the CA is quoting me. And thanks for the advice smartfanatics, I'll be emailing you with a few more questions shortly!!
  • notoriousakgnotoriousakg Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan, just got this deal in Chicago IL (Illinois is one of those crazy states that charges sales tax on the entire car when leasing)

MSRP: ~$65,000
    Sales Price: $53475
    Miles per year: 15,000
    Term: 24 months
    Out of Pocket at Signing: $864 (includes 1st payment plus fees)

Monthly Payment: $700 incl. tax

Does this sound like a good deal?
    Ok guys, so after quite a bit of haggling back and fourth, this appears to be the best deal my CA could offer me (attached .pdf bellow):

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-1fe59dae.html

I'm still having a hard time understanding how #27 (Due at signing) on the lease worksheet above is added together (1st month payment plus what other fees on the lease worksheet?).

The MF of .00111 and base monthly $580 + tax I do however like!

What do you guys think? I need to close on this deal if it is good by tomorrow, the last day of the winter event.

Thanks for the help guys!!
  • goofeegoofee Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    So I have been following this blog for the longest time and thank you to everyone for posting - it really helps us buyers get an idea. So I want to give back by sharing my experience and deal.

I did not want to wait past January 31, 2013 as I don't know if Mercedes will continue the Winter event. The deal I got factored in the $4,000 they are giving off an E-Class and much more. I got a discount of more than $9,000 (including the winter event) off the MSRP.

Car Details:
    2013 E350 Sport 4Matic Sedan
    Premium P1 Package
    18" AMG Wheels Package
    Sport Package
    MSRP: $60,300

Lease Deal:
    24 Months / 10,000 miles per yr
    One Time Pay - $11,200 all inclusive
    No Monthly Payments
    (Effectively turns out to 466.67 per month)

(FYI .. for 7,500 miles they were offering $10,500 total one time pay)

NY and NJ dealers were not as willing to do such a deal as they want to make more on each car they sold. CT dealers on the other hand are more willing to do this deal.

If you are living in NJ or CT and are willing to drive up to CT, it could turn out to be worth it - it was for me!
  • arod4arod4 Member Posts: 20
    thank you for the details. yes, it helps tremendously. i hope to have a new car tomorrow!
    Did you dealer waive the acquisiton and doc. fees for your out of pocket of $864? My CA it looks is charging me acquisiton fee ($795ish), doc. fee ($500ish), and 1st month payment ($625 after tax), to get to my cash due at signoff of roughly $1894....I'm just wondering how some of you guys are able to drive-off only paying less than $900...
  • sm1982sm1982 Member Posts: 3
    I picked up a e350 4 matic with p1 10k miles/ yr for 24 months for$483/mo including maintainance and tax & drive off was just 1st months payment. The dealership I got it from is leasing their loaner cars so mine had 6k miles on it but I thought it was a good deal. Right now they are doing 2013 e350 4matics for 2k down and 399 mo which is close to what I got or 10k off msrp. What do you guys think of the deal? Send me a msg if you want more info
  • socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    SM1982, where is your dealer located at? Can you mention who you worked with?
    Thanks.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Hey SM1982 -
    It definitely looks like a great deal until you mentioned the part about being a former loaner. Just to help out future loaner buyers, Mercedes Benz Financial gave dealers an extra $6,000 on E-class loaner cars if they added them to their fleet 6 months ago. They just had to keep them as loaners for 6 months and many are coming out of the program now. I helped someone earlier in the month get one of these. So instead of the normal $6,850 to work with between MSRP and holdback they get the additional $6,000 on these cars. SO its possible to get $12,000 off on these cars and an extra $2,000 over 24 months equals another $84 off the monthly payment. Here are the details below… This car had an MSRP of $59,905. The final monthly payment was $356.48 per month including everything and only $356.48 total due at signing. This didn't include maintenance as I didn't think it was worth it on a 24 month lease. Really only 1 service is required at 10,000 miles which is basically an oil change for $90. By the time for the second service comes around you'll probably be out of the car with the Mercedes Benz pull ahead program. :)

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying WD Deal ID: 234191
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS E350W4 4dr Sdn E350 Sport 4MATIC w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 24
    Base Payment 356.48
    Total Payment 356.48
    Purchase Option 43,281.60
    MSRP 59,905.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 10,000
    Disposition Fee 595.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing
    1st Month Payment 356.48
    Total Inception Fees 356.48
    Total Cash Required on Delivery 356.48

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Upfront Tax 629.74 7.3750 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 127.50 Capped
    Insp 10.00 Capped
    Title 12.50 Capped
    DocFee 75.00 Capped
    Hi this blog is so invaluable to me.
    Thank you for all who post their deals.
    My goal was to get same deal insidecarman got but so far this is the best ive been able to score. Does anyone know of a dealer in florida
    Offering something better?

Here is what getting.

Msrp $57865

2013 e350
    Sport pkg
    P1
    24 month lease
    12k miles/yr

$525 total w taxes
    (Drive off amount is $525 +dmv)

Any feedback/advice is appreciated as i would like to pull trigger asap.
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    This is a good deal for Florida. I checked with Tampa and Orlando dealers and couldnt get this number for the same terms last month when I bought. Take that deal
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    Good deal. That was bascially the same deal I got except I got P1 and P2. From a dealer that is sharp. I got mine from a car lease broker.
  • rickyeee1rickyeee1 Member Posts: 13
    I'm in south Florida
    Where could I get a good deal e350
    Looking for 24 month lease
  • mssdivaesqmssdivaesq Member Posts: 6
    can you forward the name and number of your car lease broker?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    .. are prohibited in the forums...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• phillyboyphillyboy Member Posts: 5
    carman, do you know what the february buy rate money factor is and residual for a E350 Bluetech Sedan with 15K per year and 24 month term?

Are the winter incentives that were in january changed in february?
    thanks for the feedback everyone.
    robert: you got a better deal b/c you have p1 and p2 pkg.
    any way to guide us to your car broker without breaking forum rules?

now it's february..don't know the new incentives, numbers, etc or if the winter event finally went away.

if anyone knows, please post. thanks
    i think i may have waited too long. i just spoke to my broker and she says i cannot get an e350 2013 with p1 pkg, 24 months, 12k miles for less than $575/mo.

apparently the lease incentives like the winter event and residual values all changed for february.

if anyone is hearing differently please post. thanks
    They ended on January 31st, which is the day I made my deal on my '13 e350 p1 24mon./12k for $560 a month. Hopefully another promotion runs soon...
  • fritznyfritzny Member Posts: 1
    To keep this brief I will not go into the legal considerations raised by several themes on this blog, but I caution all not to take anyone's word for there are many questionable statements of the law here, though no doubt well meaning.

To relate my experience, as a first time lessee and with no trade or existing car:

I began and concluded (as in driving off) my purchase in 5 calendar days, Saturday through Wednesday (the 31st). I was able to determine (reverse engineer) a great deal, from this blog and other assets online, including holdbacks and other allowances.

I was not able to find on such short notice any e350 fully loaded, which is what I wanted (because the options are residualizable, so yes, for me living in the country its reasonable to pay a few hundred dollars for night vision and xenon, which is all it would cost in a s/t lease.

I went first to Manhattan, where they had one e350 in stock, MSRP around $61,000. I told the salesman I would expect about 17%, or about $10,000, off that, and he said no way, and gave me a quote I realized was too high. Of particular significance was his insistence that a prepaid lease was for bad credit risks only, which is not the case in various scenarios including where the gap coverage makes clear there would be a refund and as well its clear that there would be a refund in the event of a future pull forward promotion.

To be clear: because MSD, which is not available in NY and I am relatively certain is not available to someone registering the car in NY other than temporarily in transit who buys out of state, lowers the MF from the base, not subvented rate, be aware that, ceteris paribus, a single pay is so cost efficient, representing an IRR of about 20% p.a. relative to a term lease without MSD, and is well cheaper than even an MSD.

But beware, the single pay may not be calculated properly.

In any event, I went next to Flushing, where I got an even worse price indication.

My third trip was to Rallye in Roslyn, where I got a "not terrible" but by no means acceptable quote close to $2,000 more than I wound up paying.

The salesman there, on the evening of the 30th, made the mistake of telling me his price was "final" but for a couple hundred dollars, which of course sent me elsewhere, in this case to Greenwich, where I explained the situation, said I would be looking for about 15% off*, and said that I would have to make a deal within 2 hours or if not I would go back to Rallye.

Long story short, the people at Rallye were a pleasure to deal with and I got a good, though not extraordinary, deal, by my choice.

*The reason is, while the winter event was ending that same day, as was $1500 of the $4000 ABA fleet discount, the fleet discount the next day would remain at $2500, so to the dealer failure to sell an e350 out of inventory on the spot risked having to sell it the next day minus $4000 of price support while to me it could be no worse than minus $1500 of price support, in other words the risks were asymmetrical, not even considering lower residuals.

However, nothing is ever certain, and rather than run an unfunded residual risk, I made a deal at about $9200 off MSRP, but was asked to use the ABA fleet discount and not the midwinter discount on the ground that the dealer had consumed its quota for the latter. I have no idea if that is true; it may not be and may be that the net hit to the dealer is less on the fleet certificate. While $9300 off MSRP would seem very good, I had to give up my use of another $1,000 certificate (AMEX MB Platinum) which would have been combinable with the midwinter discount but was not with the fleet discount.

As I said this was all conscious choice, to get in and out in one afternoon with a car at a very good if not necessarily spectacular price.

The numbers work out

MSRP $ 62,500
    Selling $ 53,200

P1
    Driver Assist
    Split Rear Seat
    30,000 mi prepaid maintenance

MF 0.00041 (reduced 80bps from subvented 0.00121, note MSD would have been 0.00081)

On a monthly payment basis, at 0.00041,
    this works out to, for 10,000 miles:

Downpay $2000
    Monthly $ 383

Although of course you can only do this by paying all of it upfront, though as I said that is
    virtually certain to make sense if you form your own legal opinion about gap refundability and
    similar pull forward refundability.

Incidentally, though I don't see it mentioned here, about the same $1,000 AMEX coupon is
    available after one year of membership in MCA. It appears about the same, anyway.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi phillyboy. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Bluetec Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is some $2,500 dealer cash certificates out there on the 2013 E Sedan right now, but I've heard that inventory is pretty lean.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    hi anyone know a reputable car broker in south florida?
    I'm looking also for car broker in florida
    Where could I get that deal
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Car_man,

What are the current rates and residual for an E350 and E550 sedan, 36mo/10k mi? Looks like E Sedans are TMV'ing below invoice. I've got my heart set on a 535i M Sport but the E class looks like the better play, depending on residual.
  • gfish49gfish49 Member Posts: 27
    Hello CarMan!

What are the Mercedes E350 AWD money factor and residual values for a 15,000 mile lease. I have read that Mercedes lease deals are based on 27 months now - is that true?

Thanks for the help!
  • vmirravmirra Member Posts: 1
    I would like to buy the exact car from yoru guy. Can you send me his contact info? vito mirra gmail please
  • sm1982sm1982 Member Posts: 3
    Where / How can you help me get one at this price? I am looking for another one...
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Was just offered 27 months with a residual of .70 or 36 months with a residual of 0.59, both money factors are 0.00181.

The money factor seems high.
  • alfredson1alfredson1 Member Posts: 2
    Just curious....on the $560 deal you made on the 31st ....how much was out pocket at signing....including tax, delivery, 1st month, etc.
  • mssdivaesqmssdivaesq Member Posts: 6
    I have been quoted different money factors- a MD dealer quoted me a .00230 MF on a 36 mth; 7,500 miles per year; with a selling price of $53,995 for a p1 package, leather ventilated seats. This MF price seems high given that per the forum post the february MF is .00121 with no autopay and .00111 with autopay. resdual is 60%

A VA dealership offered a MF of .00130 and with MSD of $5,000 it would reduce the MF to .00090 on a 36 mth lease with a MSRP of $59k( haven't negotiate a price reduction yet). residual value 60%

Also was quoted a 1 time upfront lease pay of $29,294.30. All of these quotes are way out of the ballpark from the deals that I have seen posted in this forum.

I'm in DC if anyone has info on dealerships in the area that are offering the deals or of lease brokers please forward the info to visionaryinvestmentsllc@yahho.com.

thanks in advance
  • cemigcemig Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone comment or provide advice

The deal I just got was the following:

Demo 2013 e-350 4 matic has some 6,000 miles
    Lease price is $598 per month-
    $1,998 out of pocket
    27 months
    MSRP is $65,900- said they took $12,500 off the sticker
    15000 miles per year

Also can I use my MBCar club of America discount?
    I would like to shave some money off the out of pocket but more importantly the monthly

Thanks
  • robrtgolfrobrtgolf Member Posts: 15
    Hello CarMan,

I am interested in leasing a 2013 E63.
    Do you have the MF and Residual for a 24-27 month lease with 12K per year?

Thanks for all your help!

RM
  • ktritsch1ktritsch1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I just leased a e350 4matic today with p1 leather amg 18 wheels sun screen harmon stereo some bucket in the back screen msrp 61,000 for 555.00 plus florida tax comes out to be 595.Called out of state ny mn snow makes them want to deal no extra delivery charges
    Hi kickazzz2000. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00141 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 E550 Sedan are .00205 and 61%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 certificates that are out there on '13 E Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello gfish49. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Please see my previous post for information about this car's cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    The money factor that you were quoted is indeed high, kickazzz2000. MB Financial's current top tier buy rates for the '13 E350 are .00141 for the 2WD and .00130 for the AWD.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out robrtgolf. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E63 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • robrtgolfrobrtgolf Member Posts: 15
    Thank you for your fast response!!

I will let you know how I do. I will be going to the dealer before the 28th.

RM
  • nharris2nharris2 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at 48 mo lease 2013e 350 mrsp 58,575
    Looking at trying to do something this month
    What should see as a puxchase price , lease factors $ lease cost
    Is the 3 payment loyalty program still available ?
    Also , what is my 09 e350 w/ 30k miles worth
    Thanks
  • alfredson1alfredson1 Member Posts: 2
    Is there wind as to how March will differ from Feb. regarding length, miles, incentives, etc. especially regarding 2013 E350 both sedan and coupe. Of course what matters most is bottom line monthly payment and total out of pocket outlay. Thanks
    Out of pocket was $1598 (1st month, tax, acquisition fees, small cap cost reduc., doc. fee, etc). Acquisition fee was $795. Got it down from $1095, since I called my CA out on the fact that it was being listed on the website at $795.
  • mlinggamlingga Member Posts: 60
    We are getting the following numbers on an E coupe:
    MSRP $59,705 minus discount of $5,418 for sales price $54,287.

"Capitalized taxes" quoted at $280. This is confusing as Georgia has just gone to a new acquisition tax that replaces the sales and yearly ad valorem taxes and is in theory paid by the leasing company. Other fees "Govt fees" $41, Acquisition $,1095, Proc/Doc fees $599. Gross Cap Cost $56,302.

For 36 month lease, 15K miles, residual 57%, and monthly payment with $4,000 down $788. If my very shaky math is correct, this is a pretty low money factor (0.00121??).

Since the 2014 E class models are supposed to hit the market in May, does this reflect some kind of promotion on remaining '13's? I'm trying (though I know it can't be done to any degree of reliability) how much more I'd end up paying if I waited for the '14's.
  • clsethclseth Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Could you please help with my query? I'm looking to lease a '13 Cabriolet for 24 months with 7500 miles/year. I was wondering what the MF and residual would be on this car.

Thanks in advance. This is a great forum and I've learned a lot for my soon to be first time lease!
  • greencardwpbgreencardwpb Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2013
    Hi Carman,

I am looking for a 2013 E350 Cabriolet. Can you provide the residuals for 24 and 36 months at 15K miles/year and the money factors currently being used? I am in South Florida.

Thanks.
  • tommyleenmtommyleenm Member Posts: 1
    What are MB Financial's March money factor and residual values on a 10k mile/year lease for the 2013 E350 coupe w/AWD.
    I am looking at 36 & 42 month terms. If residency matters, the vehicle will be located in New Mexico.

Since the dealer ordered the vehicle in December would the dealership be eligible for any winter event or other incentive program? If so, how would I become aware of these? I will see the invoice as part of the Costco Auto Purchase program. Currently the vehicle is cruising somewhere on the Atlantic.

Thanks in advance,
    You're very welcome robrtgolf.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.