Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that you like the forum, clseth. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Cabriolet with 7,500 miles per year are .00160 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes has $2,000 "Spring Event" certificates out there on this car. Try to get the dealer to use one to help reduce the selling price of your car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go greencardwpb. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Cabriolet with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 57%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure that the dealer uses one of the $2,000 "Spring Event" certificates on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tommyleenm. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E350 Coupe 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00160 and 56%.

Unless you locked something in, you are eligible for whatever lease program is available at the time of delivery. Mercedes is currently providing $2,000 "Spring Event" certificates on this car right now. See if you can get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • mpapa86mpapa86 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'd like to see lease residuals and money factors for the E-350, E-350 Bluetec, and E-400 Hybrid. I could do 24, 27 or 36 month depending on the deal @ 12k per year.

Price-wise, is there any current way to beat USAA on these - about 5500 off.

Thanks,

Mike
    Hi Mike. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 69% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00141 and 58%.

The numbers for the E350 Bluetec are .00205 / 73% and .00205 / 62% for Tier 1 customers.

The numbers for the E400 Hybrid are .00205 / 71% and .00205 / 60% for Tier 1 customers.

Some of these models may be eligible for Mercedes-Benz Financial's "Value Added" program, which enables you to use the 24-month lease program for 27-month terms.

A $5,500 discount on these cars is pretty good.

Car_man
    Host
  • greencardwpbgreencardwpb Member Posts: 20
    Thanks Car_man. Would you by any chance know if the "Spring Event" certificates are combinable with USAA or another fleet program such as the ABA?
  • newarknewark Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am getting ready to lease e350 AWD sedan. 27 mo 15k miles, 2300 down, 719 mo. is this a good deal, or should I wait for 2014 which is coming out soon? Thanks
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Member Posts: 22
    When I wasn't in the market for a car, this message board was flooded with individuals posting about the great deals received on E-classes. Now since I am in the market for a mercedes, I am not seeing any updates. Is this a bad time to lease a Mercedes and receive a great deal?
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    NOT a good deal. Scroll back. One month ago 0 down 500 and change a month was the norm.
  • russman29russman29 Member Posts: 8
    Please... someone chime in here. Is this as aggressive as they say?

Here's where I'm at:

2013 E350 Cabriolet Diamond White Metallic with Almond Mocha and black roof
    P01 package
    Parktronic
    Wood Trim package
    Appearance package

MSRP of $68130 and my price of $63,123
    3 year, 15k/year
    57% residual
    .0019 MF
    $2493.75 out the door
    $957.65/month

ANY comments would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!!
    I am also working a deal on a 2013 E350 Cab with different color/options. Based upon the information I got from car_man above and others, assuming your credit is good, they are playing with the money factor.

For 36/15K the MF should be .0016. The residual is correct. There is also a Spring Event certificate available for $2K. See message number 2900 above.

One dealer told me that they can use the 24 month MF and residual over 27 months as part of the Spring Event, but another told me that it was not available on the Cabriolets.

Are you using any certificates like USAA for fleet pricing to bring the price down? Where are you located and what dealer are you working with?
  • waggy1waggy1 Member Posts: 2
    my deal on cab from November 15, 2012
    2013 e350 cabriolet
    p1
    wheel and tire plus protection
    prepaid maintenance
    msrp 63675
    3013 upfront
    51 months/10k miles
    .00160 mf
    51% residual
    6 months left on existing e350 sedan lease
    725.23 which includes tax
    very large socal dealer
    edited March 2013
    The dealer admitted to bumping up the MF from .0016 to .0019 after I confronted him. He was very cool and honest about it. MB allows dealers to bump MF's by 110 basis points. They gave me $5000 off the MSRP which was nice and the reason they could was the bump in money factor. The bump meant $30 more in monthly payment. He said if we did .0016... the discount off MSRP would have been a bit lower and the payment would be the same $957.. they're gonna get their number no matter how you slice it. I'm in New York

In addition, with 5 payments left on my CLS... MB is paying 3 of them and the dealer is picking up payment #4 and $400 of the last payment. So, I'm paying an additional $700 to get out early. I think its a very fair deal.
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Member Posts: 22
    I'm trying to understand why 1 or two months ago, people were leasing e-classes for 5 and some change per month, with nearly zero down. I realize supply is low, because the new body style is coming out, but I don't understand how some of you are justifying the extra money per month (hundreds) and money down (thousands)? I am angry with myself for not leasing a couple of months ago. Hopefully some more people will post the current deals they are receiving.
    I looked back and I couldn't find any $500's for the Cab, per se. I am pretty happy with my deal I suppose... although on this forum, people seem to insist on $9k-$10k below MSRP. I'm at $5k... should I be more aggressive? Is it wrong to 'pit' two dealers against one another? My dealer is a very small volume one and they have 2 cabs in stock... one is the color I want specced the way I want. Perhaps I need to search all local dealer inventories (there are many within 90 minutes) and have them give me their best price and see who's telling the truth after all. With 1 week left in the quarter... maybe better deal can be had
    To me, the sale price of the car should be the same regardless of the money factor so your payment should be lower. When dealers have tried to pull this on me I have walked and found another who was willing to do it.

Whenever you are getting out of a lease early or dealing with a trade it complicates matters. Only you know the true value of getting out of your CLS (i.e. what it's worth to you) and that is obviously a big consideration. It looks like your CLS payment is around $1100 per month so you are getting an approximate value of $3700 between MB and your dealer plus getting a new car with a lower payment that you seem to be happy with.

The way I look at this whole process is to avoid getting screwed. If you feel you are getting a fair deal then go for it. You only have to answer to yourself. There is certainly an opportunity cost of dealing with all the time it takes to negotiate. I like to remind myself that the goal is no to get the best deal ever, but to get a fair one.
    It's not wrong to request offers from multiple dealers and work them against its each other. You should be doing that to find out who's being honest and who's not.

My local dealer doesn't have what I want in stock but there are others around that do. They all trade vehicles to make sales. Don't let the fact that a dealer doesn't have exactly what you want sway you. You can always deal with the number and tell them where the car is (they'll know from looking at the computer anyway).

I can think of multiple times when I bought a car that was on the lot of dealer A from dealer B because the latter gave me a better price. Took him a day to get the car from dealer A. For car buyers the internet is a wonderful thing. Me thinks not so much for dealers.
    I just bought a 2013 E350 Cabriolet and figured I'd post the deal in case it helps someone.

P01 Premium Package
    Appearance Package
    Lane Tracking Package
    Rear Trunklid Spoiler
    Keyless-Go
    Wood Trim Package

MSRP: $67,445
    Sale Price: $57,335 (after $2500 USAA Fleet Incentive)
    $0 Cash Down
    36 months/15K miles
    $771/month including tax

I paid the first month's payment and registration fees at drive-off which totaled a little over $1000.

I had originally hoped to combine the USAA incentive with the Spring Event certificate which was worth $2000 but I was told by multiple dealers that they were not combinable. Had they been it wold have brought the payment down another $50 or so.
    Wow!!!! Does he have another E350 around???? I would buy it sight unseen for those numbers! I'm serious... ask him!
    They had it on the storage lot which was a few miles away from the showroom so I'm sure there are plenty more. Getting what I wanted was never a problem. This is a South Florida dealership. Send me a private message and I'll hook you up.
  • gpp2gpp2 Member Posts: 6
    This is a great deal. Please post or send me dealer info. I don't see how to do a private message to you. I do not do Facebook.
    no PM's on this site. email me... russheyman@gmail.com
  • rayzamrayzam Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I am looking to lease a 2013 E-350 4-dr with premium-1 package in Southern California, hoping to get a good deal with the 2014 facelift arriving in a few weeks. I have got quotes of around $45k (on MSRP around $56k and invoice around $52k), but my question is if I take the residual as a percentage into my calculations, will it be applied on the MSRP, invoice or the price I am negotiating? If former, then obviously the impact of reduced price will be significantly diminished... It would be sweet if I could get their residual as a $ value they use for their "standard" sales and use that with my reduced price but not sure if it's doable or even fair. Sorry if it's a noob question as this is my first lease. Thanks!

PS: I appreciate if anyone can give me the money factor of 27- and 30-mo lease on this car for top-tier credit with 10k and 12k annual miles.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Rayzam,
    RV is always assessed on MSRP. RV is a fixed percentage set by the MBFS based on the lease term and model type. Its generally non-negotiable. So, a high RV is to your benefit.

The variables that you can attack to reduce your monthly payment are the final sales price (affects Cap Cost) and MF. You can likely reduce the MF via MSDs and/or autopay.

As an aside, I'm in San Diego, but I always go to MB of Long Beach first as they are the most transparent with the above and offer good deals.

Cheers!
  • rayzamrayzam Member Posts: 11
    Now it makes perfect sense. Thanks so much! Also thanks for the tip on the dealer in Long Beach - highly appreciated!
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Carman:

Can you post the money factor and residuals for an E350 RWD sedan in South Florida at 24 and 27 months for 12K and 15K miles per year? Also, what are this month's incentives on this vehicle? Thanks.
    edited March 2013
    I found a terrific website that publishes all the MF's and RV's of most manufacturers, except Porsche of course. It's at www.ridewithg.com. It's excellent, accurate and invaluable! The rates listed are 3 year and 15k miles with the % reductions for 10k and 12k. There is a link which brings you back to Edmunds for various incentives being offered but I haven't found that too useful. There's a tab on top for lease rates and it brings you where you need to be.

For me, I'm trying to find out what MB will be doing come April for existing lessees. Currently, they will waive your last 3 lease payments to get you into a new car of theirs. In past months, it was as high as 5. For me with 5 payments left(4 now), I'd have to eat 2 payments and there's simply no point to that! Does someone know if that will change?

Also, I see some people getting $9k or more off MSRP. What's an acceptable discount to expect? I had a car at $68130 with a price of $63520 for me... about $5k but they were raising the MF from .0016 to .0019 in order to get that price. Is that BS? As the '14's hit the showrooms, the discounts on the '13's will only deepen.
    You're welcome greencardwpb. I suspect that the programs are compatible, but I do not know that for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello hbo1ny. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 27-month lease of this car would likely be the same because it is probably eligible for the "Value Added" program that MB usually runs.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Mercedes-Benz has $2,000 Customer One certificates out there that can be used on this car. Try to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry for the delayed posting. I am just returning from vacation and more or less disconnected for a week.

The dealership was Mercedes-Benz of North Palm Beach (Florida). My salesman was Ken (I'm not posting his last name per forum rules, but he's the only Ken there). Tell him the immigration lawyer sent you.
    Thanks, Car_man. I did check with a number of different dealers, including a one far away from my area and they all said they were not combinable. Nonetheless, I think I got a great deal as I detailed above with the information shared by you and others in this forum.
  • jmatero2jmatero2 Member Posts: 4
    Based on what I've been reading, with the 2014's here in a couple weeks, does this seem like a good deal?

E350, Sport, Wheels, P1, Folding Seats, Rear Spoiler, Polar White, Comfort Box, KeylessGo, 2 years Maintenance, 27 months:

MSRP: $58,345
    Sale Price: $51,233.89
    Acq Fee: 1095

671.14/mo (incl tax)

Res: 69%
    MF: 0.00176
    Drive-off $1500

:confuse:
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    This is my deal back in 8/2012:

2013 E350 RWD-Gas Luxury Pkg - P1, Parktronic, Lane Tracking, Keyless-go, Walnut steering wheel, rear split seats, comfort box. - MSRP $59,695 including 2 years service plan.

Lease term - 24mo/24k.
    Cost - $1k at signing on credit card and $535/mo. including SoCal tax.

And this was back in 8/2012 so I'm sure with 2014 is coming, you should able to get it around or even lower. My deal is nothing close to the people who got it around beginning of the year but good enough during mid year.

Cheers
    You're welcome greencardwpb. I'm glad that you ended up getting a good deal. You deserved it, you researched thoroughly before pulling the trigger. Enjoy your new E.

Car_man
    Host
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi jmatero2,
    A few comments for your consideration.
    - Acq Fee. MB's standard fee is $795, but many dealers, including yours, is marking it up to 1095
    - MF. You should check, but I believe the buy rate MF is 0.00160. Several unscrupulous dealers mark up the MF as an additional source of profit.
    - You should consider MSD's and autopay as additional mechanisms to reduce the MF

Coupling the above with your info, I think that you can do much better on the car particularly since the 2014's will be in the showrooms soon.

My two rupees.

Cheers!
  • clsethclseth Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Thanks for your response. I've been quoted an MF of .0021 for a car priced around 57,500 (with P1 and Wood trim). The dealer hasn't budged from that high MF.

Also, I find it curious that the 2 yr/15k miles has higher residual value than a 2yr/7500 lease.

Are the numbers valid for April? Also is the Spring Event discount still available?

Thanks.
    What is April MF and Residual for 24 and 27 month lease? Thanks in advance.
    You're welcome clseth. Well, spring has sprung and it looks like the dealer is understandably trying to make as much money as possible on the convertibles that they have in inventory. They certainly appear to be marking up this car's money factor.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for this car would be 2% higher for a lease with 12,000 miles per year, 3% higher for a lease with 10,000 and 4% higher for 7,500.

Mercedes does indeed still have $2,000 spring event certificates out there on this car, but the trick is to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ponytrekker. Mercedes-Benz financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 4Matic Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If this car qualifies for Mercedes' "Value Added" program then you would be able to use its 24-month program for a 27-month lease, in turn lowering the payment some.

Car_man
    Host
    I finally pulled the trigger... '13 E350 Cab

Polar White w/Almond Mocha
    P02 package
    Wood trim
    Beige roof

Seems very sparsely appointed but this is the first P02 package I have seen in all my searches for a white/beige combo. The P2 has all the P1 stuff plus a bunch of niceties including ventilated seats, a great thing for hot days!

At any rate...

MSRP $66605
    57% RV
    MF .0019
    Sale Price $60,200
    Monthly $920.00
    Prepaid maintenance
    Out the door 1st month + various fees (not tax)

I know the MF is a bit higher than .0016 what it should be but the dealer was honest... That extra .0003 add about $30 month to the cost but it allowed them to discount the car $5500. If I wanted the .0016, the car would bump us in price just enough to make the extra $30. Bottom line, these guys need "x" amount of profit on a car... From the MF or the price... It's got to come from somewhere. They make a nice 'vig' on the bump in MF... everyone is entitled to make a living.

I'm very happy with my deal! I doubt there many white with beige roof CABs in the country with p02 packages left.
    .00130 and 56% are what I have for the 36. So no bene for 24 or 27 as I see it.
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    Hi Car Man, I know this request is not the norm, but do you have lease rates for a 2013 E 350 Wagon, 4Matic. I'd like to compare 27 or 36 month rates, whichever they are most aggressive with. 12k miles/year. thx
  • jmatero2jmatero2 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone provide the MF and Residual for a 2013 E350 RWD Sport Sedan?

Thanks so much!
  • ankurchopra87ankurchopra87 Member Posts: 22
    car_man,

Are the 2014 MF and residuals available yet ?

I am looking to get a 2014 E350 Sport 4MATIC, 36 months, 10K miles
    >>rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 4Matic Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56%

This cannot be right.

Numbers I have received show more like a 67% residual if I reverse engineer.
    Hi traderb. Mercedes-Bens is not providing any lease support on the E350 Wagon 4Matic right now. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial you would have to use its standard lease money factor. This figure varies by credit tier, but ti give you an example it would be .00205 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The residual value for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this model would be 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jmatero2. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E350 RWD Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes they are ankurchopra87. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00137 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Good catch, ponytrekker. That was the 36-month numbers. Sorry for the confusion. The 24-month numbers are .00130 and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
  • vexedvexed Member Posts: 14
    MB is providing more support for the MY 2014s; the money factor is lower?
    How do they expect dealers to unload the remaining 2013s unless the cap cost is really low. Otherwise it makes no sense to lease a 2013.
This discussion has been closed.