Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• viscorviscor Member Posts: 2
    I need anybody's help or input on the following:
    1. Will lease the car in Illinois.
    2. 36 mos. 15,000 miles/yr
    3. Money Factor?
    4. Residual?
    5. Any discounts or reduction of the sticker price.
    6. What are your out of pocket costs

Thanks for your feedback. It'll be invaluable for my lease.
  • df4801df4801 Member Posts: 10
    Wow to thedork,

Great price. The dealer is actually selling the car for less than he paid, even after holdback. Maybe he is desparate to sell, so maybe you should try to get him down another $1000 or so.
  • thedorkthedork Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the reply. I am not very familiar with the pricing - sounds like a good price - the MF is actually 0.002. Do you know what is the residual value for 39 months? I need to calculate the monthly payment.

Is it better to get a 36m lease? What about the 3 extra months - warranty?

Thanks,
    Thedork
  • paulh8888paulh8888 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm in Boston. My dealers quote a MF of 0.00149 here for 39 months, 10K/year. I think your selling price is good, but they make up for it by the higher MF. My dealer used 57% MSRP for the residual for 39 months. Hope this helps.
  • paulh8888paulh8888 Member Posts: 2
    If you are still looking, check out the MB website for a nationally advertised lease on this very model for 27 months. It is 599/mo with 2850 down (cap cost reduction). If you add in the other drive off charges, it comes out to 4000 something though.
  • bvelez9685bvelez9685 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently seeking a lease on a Mercedes E350matic, with Premium I and IPOD connection. I was quoted $733.17 monthly payment. Details are as follows:
    MSRP: $56,915 Sale price of car: $54,793, Residual: 39,477, MF: 0.00205, 27 mos lease drive off: Taxes, etc.. $3275.13 Is this a fair deal? HELP!
  • tpixleytpixley Member Posts: 1
    Carman are you still out there? I would appreciate the current residual and money factor for an E350 4matic, 36 months 10K miles. Also, in doing a lease deal, do you think there will be any problem in using my father in law's employee discount that we seem entitled to? It would make the Cap cost very attractive!

Tpixley
  • bmwcrzrbmwcrzr Member Posts: 17
    I Car_man, or anyone else who can offer some help,

I thank all of you for your help in advance. :)

For the past 6 years or so I have only leased BMW's :D . But with the ridiculous MF and residual BMW is offering on their new 528i I decided to visit my local MERC dealer. To my surprise I found a incredibly helpful (not so informative) sales person.

I test drove a ML350 :) , E350 :D , and an R350 :confuse: (just out of curiosity)... I guess if I was married and my wife really wanted a mini van I would get one.

1. This is what I was offered. E350 white, black MBTex, P02 (I want this package), sport package (I understand this is free) at...
    - MSRP - 55,615.00
    - Base Cap - 47,5XX.XX
    - Residual - 63% (I don't know how this dealer is offering me this rate because June rates have changed.)
    - MF - .00190 (I know current rates are .0017 right?)
    - I am told car tax in CA is 8% (????)

The dealer has not yet mentioned what they would charge me as far as fees (MACO, bank fees, paperwork fees, acquisition fees) would run me.

2) What should I expect to pay the dealer in fees to get this deal.

3) I understand it is bad to put a down payment (vehicle loss) but I know my friend usually gives the dealer about $5,000.00 and at the end of his lease he gets it back. He claims it helps him keep his payments down. How does that work?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
  • waggywaggy Member Posts: 6
    2007 e350, P1, sport,53715 msrp, southern cal
    33months /10k miles yr
    $4850 at signing, $499+tax/mo
    just curious
  • mbman2mbman2 Member Posts: 18
    At Mercedes of Rochester Hills I got a quote for a lease on a E350

2007 E350 Package 1 Sport
    $389/mo
    33 months
    10,000 miles a year
    $2725 due at signing

Should i go for it? :)
  • toobztoobz Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a good deal to me. I have a 2007 E320 sport with P2 pkg, on an employee program lease for $440.00 per month. The term is 27 months for 10k/year. I love the car and will be disappointed when the lease is over. Very good residual and low money factor. Go for it...you won't be disappointed! :)
    Then i guess i'll go for it, THANKS :)
    Hello mbman2

I was wondering how your car is packaged and priced and how much are you getting it for.

Also I would appreciate if you could tell us what the money factor is that they are offering you. Perhaps I can use your deal to negotiate mine.

My deal is not far off, but the dealer is making money on the MF. I just want know how much money they are making.

Thanks for your help and congrats
    yes, the car has the Premium 1 package which includes DVD Navigation, Bluetooth, SIRIUS radio, heated seats, and a power rear sunshade.
    It also has the Sport package which has 18-inch wheels, a lowered suspension and dual exhaust.

MSRP is $54,415

Money Factor is a 3.5 I believe, not 100% positive.

I hope this helps BMWcrzr
    That sounds like a great money factor... Thanks for the reply. the dealer is telling me that MF for the E right now is .0017 but they are charging me .0019 to .0020 to "make" some money.
  • abindraabindra Member Posts: 5
    E350 special leases pre-july 4th were around $550/month, and E320 were $579/month. I was hoping that leases would improve with lauch of 2008 modesl (launched 2 days back), and with July 4th discounts. Benz has now posted summer love program on 2008 but 2007 leases did not improve et all.

It is not clear what is going on. The MSRP difference between 2008 & 2007 is also only $1200. Why? Other luxury brands are passing on considerable discounts post July/4th.. why not mercedes... I was tracking price gap in Accura RL & Mercedes 320 and the gap has widened by more than $7000 making me very confused if I should even wait for Mercedes prices to come down...or go ahead and entertain the aggressive Accura sales guys closing below invoice prices. Please advice on the outlook for E350/E320 2007 model pricing
  • mfaizanmfaizan Member Posts: 8
    Can somebody please post the residual and MF on a E350 4Matic Sport for a 24 month, 12K per year lease? My dealer is quoting me 61% and .00385 which I think are crazy high!
    Hi ABindra,

Yes, I am in the same boat as you. As a matter of fact I had put a deposit to secure rates, but the dealer forgot to put my deposit down.

I have been told the rates will change as of July 15th.

So I am going to wait.

Also the reason as to why the 2008's are higher is because of inflation... But your resale value will be higher, so it all works out the same at the end of the day.
    Hi MFaizan,

2008 Mercedes E350 4matic Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 67% of MSRP – .00405 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate

Your dealer is charging you .00385 because they want to make more money. Regardless of what year you're looking for 07 or an 08, you should start your negotiations at invoice.

As per Edmunds, there is $3,000 trunk money in this car. Which means you could ask the dealer invoice minus another $3,000 to start your negotiations.

If, I were you, I would wait until July 15th (as I am). I have been told Merc is going to drop their rates due to the unpopularity of the deals.

Good luck
  • mfaizanmfaizan Member Posts: 8
    Thanks bmwcrzr. I plugged in the numbers that my deale rgave me on an online lease calculator and got a monthly payment of $1219 on a 24 month lease! This is after a $7000 discount on a demo with 3000 miles. That is just a crazy payment. MF of .004 in 10%. Who is going to pay that?? I don't know what MBUSA is smoking!

I got a quote on a BMW 335xi with auto/prem/cold for $630 pm. Seriuosly considering that.
    Hello again MFaizan,

I too went to test the 528i and was not impressed with the interior after sitting in the E350 (and having my heart set on one. Mind you I have always been a BMW driver. I currently have two sitting in my garage.

Couple of things.

1. The 335xi and 535xi is probably the best engine BMW has produced in a very long time. There is no comparison between the twin turbo and Merc's 3.5 7 speed auto.

2. If you really want the E350 (which by the way is a bigger car than the (335i), perhaps you want to wait until the 15th of July for Merc's new rates.

3. If you really want the 335i still, I would urge you to wait until August. I am not promising but I have been told that August rates are going to drop for BMW across the board (perhaps not the 328i).

Good luck on whatever you decide and keep us posted.
  • star8star8 Member Posts: 8
    Did you end up getting the lease? I was looking into one and I got quoted $600 zero down for 33 months somewhere in birmingham.
  • toobztoobz Member Posts: 4
    If I were you, I would go for the 2008. They are using a lower money factor and higher residual. MBUSA did not lower the money factor for 2007. All programs ended July 5th and they did not make them any better as hoped after July 16th. The $3000.00 off MSRP for a 2007 won't get you the payment your looking for.
    Our local dealers only have a few 2007 left and they are ready to make deals on 2008 for the Summer event. I was told only a trickle of 2008 are coming in. If you can wait, the Winter Sales Event is usually a killer deal.
    Make sure to get all the specs on the deal your quoted for $600.00. It could be a non-sport E350W without P1 or P2.
    Good luck!
    Yea I got it. And I love it

you should really try and go to the dealer in Rochester. Everyone is so nice over there
  • kermaloukermalou Member Posts: 4
    I got a great offer just still too much.

2007 E350, P1 with AMD package
    MSRP about 56k
    33 month, 5k down, 650 a month including So Cal tax, 599 w/o tax.

I really want to pull the trigger but my budget is about 500. Dealer says he is losing about 3k on the deal, which MB is offering cash rebates to get rid of 07 stock since 08s are coming in.
    Have you tried other dealers in your area?
    Can someone tell me what to pay for E320 bluetech with MSRP $55,000, 10K miles/year, 33 months, North Texas.

Mercedes online calculator tell me DOWNPAY $5400 + TAX/TTL for Texas, and the Lease payment of $619/month x 33 months.
    more to above question --
    Or atleast tell me, is there any reason to pay more than what mercedes online lease calculator suggests (adjusting for TTL & Taxes). If yes, how much more...
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    What is AMD Package ? Anyway, I think 5K dowpayment is way too much. Call this number (718)701-2964.The name of the company is Gran Prix leasing. This is private leasing company in NY. No matter where you are they will make a deal with no money down. I quess AMD package you mean is really AMG or Sport package, which is free now at MB.
    My friend got a car from them $1,800 out of pocket including first payment, $580 per month including NY sales tax. Try it.
  • adam26adam26 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know the residual and MF for 2008 E350 with 24/33/36 months and 7500 miles? Also, Edmunds does not have details on 2008 model yet. Does anyone have invoice and/or cash incentives for this model? Thanks!!!
  • bluerascalbluerascal Member Posts: 8
    Hello All-
    Considering leasing my wife an '08 E350 Can some one please post what the Residual and Money Factor on 48- 60 Month Lease 15K miles/yr lease is wih the Summer of Love Sales Event is in So. California is right now. I noticed alot of you were expecting a drop in 08 that didnt happen. I was cnsidering getting the 08 C-Class but for the same amount we get E Class.

Thanks
    j-
  • tsmith4tsmith4 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,
    I am interested in a lease on an e350 4matic. Do you have the money factor and residual for October. I am in NY and am looking for 12k a year, any term.
    Thanks
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    2008 E350 4 Matic with AMG rims.

$59,705 MSRP
    $8200 Down Payment

$650 month/27 Months/18,000 miles per year.

Is this a good deal? Lease guide had it priced at $565.00
  • LanceL99LanceL99 Member Posts: 39
    Hey Car Man:

I would also appreciate having the latest lease rates (residuals and tier 1 money factors) for an E350 2wd, with 10K miles and preferrably a 27 - 36 month term. Thanks in advance!
  • jyeh74jyeh74 Member Posts: 10
    I'm in the bay area (SF) and I was quoted about $800-900 for :

2008 E350
    Sports Package
    P2 package (navi, keyless go, bi-xenons)
    Fold down seats
    ipod
    wood steering wheel

MSRP about $56k (Invoice about $52,998)
    They said they would go down to $53-54k

15k miles per yr
    39 month lease
    0 down (drive off around $1100)

I have seen people with similiar leases and minimal down (maybe $1-2k) around $550-650 monthly. Are they just kidding with me? I have above 750 FICO too.
  • gnozekgnozek Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my new 2008 E350 Sport w/ P1, Ipod and headlamp washers. I live in NJ.
    MSRP $54,610

15K miles/yr
    27 month lease
    $2400 drive off
    $669 month

I thought this was good deal.
  • peterm5peterm5 Member Posts: 11
    Was quoted a 2008 E350 4 Matic Sport package w/p1, Ipod, burl walnut, headlamp washer and sunroof for:
    total msrp: $56,410 This is in northern NJ mercedes dealer

$549/month
    27 month lease
    $2,956 drive off
    12k miles/yr

Please let me know if this is a good deal. Thanks..
  • tsmith4tsmith4 Member Posts: 6
    Does the $2956 include tax? If so, at what rate?
    Yes tax, title, registration, 1st month included. The money factor is .00062 and the residual is 67%. This is for a 27 month lease at 12k/yr. $549 a month. Total drive off is $2956.00. NJ tax rate is 7%. I am about to pull the trigger someone please let me know if this is a good deal? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88
    all the local leasing companies here in brooklyn ny have that deal and no matter who i call they all pushing the e350's.
    this is the deal, they all have a coupon for them which saves you money, but they all make you buy it.
    I was offered this car with just 2000 out of pocket, that includes the DMV fees, taxes, and first month payment, something like that.
    499.00 a month, for 27 months.
    P1 package / Nav / wood, all of that.

If you dont want to put anything down, and just pay a 1st month fee and DMV, taxes rolled into the payment, its something like 550, or 565, loosely, the dealer was jawing away but i wasnt to keen on the numbers he was throwing at me.

They also told me that the C300/C350 is going to be similarly priced next month, will see. ;)
    But that deal for that car is not a 4matic... I called and asked..
  • td_njtd_nj Member Posts: 11
    PeterM5 -

FWIW, and this isn't strictly apples-to-apples, but it may make you feel better about pulling the trigger: in May, I got my '07 (with p1, panor. roof, wood), no downpayment (i.e., no cap cost reduction), 10k mi, 36 mo., for $630 at Catena/Union. At the time, no one else was coming close to that.

Good luck.
    What was your drive off payment? Also did yours come with all weather mats? Thanks for your reply.
  • rustymontyrustymonty Member Posts: 18
    I am confused by your use of a money factor of .00062. The stated lease rates for Mercedes Oct. 2007 on MBworld.org show .00185 on a 24 month. Can you explain how you come up with that factor and do you know if this deal is strictly up north as I am in Florida?
    Thats the money factor they used here in northern NJ. Call up Prestige Mercedes and ask for Keith Deyoung for the deal.
  • jyeh74jyeh74 Member Posts: 10
    The salesperson here in the bay told me that for the rest of the year, the payments arent gonna get better. Because residuals are going down and money factor is going up. I think he just wants to close the deal for Oct. because I heard Dec. is the best time to lease.
  • analawanalaw Member Posts: 3
    We got a 2008 E350 4matic, P1, for a 27 months lease, 12,000 miles a year, for $550 a months and $1300 (includes fees and first months payment)we got it in Brooklyn NY and are picking the car up on Tuesday, I was wondering if its a good deal or if we could have done better? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    It's a great deal if that is what u got. What dealer did you use? Because I called all the leasing companies in brooklyn new york too and none of them had that deal. Like grand prix leasing etc etc. What's the name of the leasing company? Whats the msrp on your car and money factor/residual on your lease? Also the acq fee and 1st month payment is more 1300 already not counting your title and registration. Seems kinda fishy if u ask me. Unless you can post the leasing company name and number then I think it sounds too good to be true.
  • analawanalaw Member Posts: 3
    Originally we found our about the deal from a leasing company, but it was $2500 down, we went to sovereign mercedes(its not a leasing co its a dealership, and they already had a $1000 deposit from us because initially we were going to get the c-class) and they were able to beat that deal by offering $1600 down and $550 a month. We signed the papers and were waiting for the car (in silver), they called us back and said that if we would take the car in flint (which is a dark grey) they would drop another $300. (these prices include tax and first month payment) we are picking it up this week and hope we got a good deal.
  • msd_e350msd_e350 Member Posts: 2
    We just leased a 2008 E350 4matic (MSRP $56010), P1: Premium I , 333 Sport Package and iPod Integration Kit for 27 months, 10K miles/year, for $460/month including tax with a total of $1500 out of pocket(which includes fees and first months payment) from Detroit Michigan using a DCX emp. deal.

Any comment would be much appreciated if this sounds like a good deal or not?
This discussion has been closed.