Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• kroachkroach Member Posts: 12
    I spoke with two dealers in St. Louis area and they both called it "employer pricing" and refered to MVP # they received from the manufacturer. Maybe the deal I got was really some other incentive package similar to the employee rates. All I know is what they told me and what I purchased my car for which was $620.00 per month (sales tax included) for a fully loaded E350 4matic; 27 month lease; 15k miles per year; $0 down; first payment+$75 bucks for tags due when I pick-up.
  • franklingt3franklingt3 Member Posts: 17
    I am interested in what seems to be a similar configuration. I have to move now as my BMW lease ends. Could you provide some detail as to options, retail and final sale price into this lease? Much appreciated! Frank in NJ
  • ksomanksoman Member Posts: 683
    I talked to my salesperson yesterday to ask about this (i picked my car 2 odd weeks back):

Here is what he told me and what I know:
    The deal advertised on www.mbusa.com is called Summer Love. If it is being called Employee Pricing, that's a misnomer as the discount is in the 8% range. If you don't have the MVP #, you are looking at about 8% discount + low lease rates. If you indeed have a MVP #, you'll get the 12.5% discount + lower lease rates.

If you don't have the MVP#, which is what I believe a majority of cases to be:

This deal is through Mercedes-Benz Financial at "participating" dealers till end of July - he said participating is based really on how much inventory you got and how desperate you are to push cars out the door. By his estimate, sales are down and almost all dealers are desperate...

$569/mo, $4214 out of pocket - 10K miles/year - This does not include spreading tax, title, and other fees
    $55,195 based on Premium Package 1, destination charge, metallic paint
    Dealer Contribution of 3586.96
    Net Cap Cost $51,608.04
    $595 vehicle turn in fee
    Purchase option at lease end = $35,324.80 plus tax

Other things like excess wear, extra miles are all as usual spelled out separately

In NJ, my dealer mostly has cars with premium package, wood steering and ipod kits on the deals... more or less...

I forgot if townhall lets you post dealer names, salesperson names, so i'm not posting those details here...

K
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    hey Ksoman, what you said is absolutely RIGHT!

I was lucky(buy some random luck) that the dealer actually gave me EMPLOYEE pricing, on a car. Basically i got the car, same exact price as yours, but also with IPOD KID. WITH employee pricing..i got the car, with 10kmiles a year for.

$384 a month
    $1140 down.

so you can see there is a substantial savings. and the money factor, was unheard of...@ .00001 , which is basicaly 0% interest. I hope more people can get this kinda of deal, its truly remarkable for a $55.5k car. But i know my local mb dealer(ann arbor, MI)...has about 30 E-class models...but it seems they sold about 6 this past weekend alone, so the sale seems to be helping. :)
  • kauffman1974kauffman1974 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone here heard about about these "employee pricing" deals out here in southern california. I'm looking to move from my BMW lease which ends shortly into an E-Class and have been talking with my dealer. After reading on here that some have been able to get "employee pricing", I brought up the subject but was quickly and harshly reprimanded with the dealer noting that absolutely no one is allowed this pricing unless they are an employee or relative (which is thoroughly investigated).
    Hey Kauffman.... Yeah Mercedes is EXTREMELY tough on giving out those employee codes. The reason being, if mb randomly audits a dealers transaction...and see's no family relationship. The dealer gets yanked of any rebates on that car, plus money owed to the dealer for selling at employee price.....and lot of dealers wont take that risk, knowing lot of money is at stake. Selling at employee pricing...Mb is giving the dealer $700 refund....plus the dealer has 3% hold-back...so they get very lil profit going through employee price. Hence they really have no incentive to offer it...more frustration and less income for them.
    I tried for about a month to locate an employee willing to give it, didn't have much luck. Finally the dealer, dunno how...i didnt care...offered me car at employee price..and literally 35mins after they called me....i signed the paperwork for the E-class lease. I wish i knew of a way to help u guys out, i can't tell you how much i love the E-350. I had a gs300 previously...very different cars. Almost....literally.....HALF the lease payment of lexus...so i felt it was a once in a lifetime deal to pass up. My damn cell phone and cable tv/internet bills...come out to almost 300 a month....and getting a $55.5k car for around $384 a month was too good to be true....lucky for me, it was a damn good deal. :)
  • jets80jets80 Member Posts: 8
    $384 a month???!! Did you put any money down? I've been going back and forth with one dealer in Brooklyn who was straight up, quoted me $575 mth for a 4matic E350, P1, Ipod, wood/leather wheel, sport package. I had previously gone into a dealer in Monmouth County, NJ, who quoted me $689 for the same car last weekend, no money down. So I went back to them, said I was doing $575 a mth, and they MAGICALLY said they could beat it by $5, making it $570 a mth. Total skumbag move if you ask me, but then they said "we only had 3 MVP #'s to use this month, and they went very quickly. But to gain your business, we will honor that price, and beat it by $5." Obviously car person back tracking...But I can't do the math and make it workout to $570, so I thought that was a great deal. But how in the world did you get to $384??? I don't think I can get a Chevy Malibu for that??
  • 61cats61cats Member Posts: 2
    Jets80 (aka Wayne Chrebet) -

Can you provide some additional information on your deal in Brooklyn/Monmouth?

How much $$$ down?
    What is the length of the lease?
    How many miles per year?
    What was he cap cost?
    What was the money factor?
    What was residual value?

Thanks so much for your help.
    glady give you contacts if you want offline. these offers were $0 down, the only up front costs were 1st payment, acquisition fee, and tax/title. Came to about $1500-1700, depending on if I did it in NJ vs NY. 12,000 miles a year, 27 months. For some reason, the 27 mth lease is what they are pushing. I inquired about going 36mths, and they raised the pmt by almost $125 a month??? 27 works for me...As far as cap costs, they just told me they were doing "MVP pricing"...I have no desire to buy this after the 27mths, so I never inquired about MF and Residual. I know thats not the way to do leases, but I've been all over the forum calculating the best MF and 62% residual...still cant get to their payments?? Supposedly the 2009 will be arriving at the end of Aug, and dealers want these things gone.
    jets, i've exposed my email address if you want to contact for more info... i'll turn it back off tomorrow.

k
    Frank,

I don't pick my car up until next week but hear are the details,

* E350 4Matic Sport Back w/black MB tex
    * MSRP $57,260
    * Selling price $51,289 - $5,000 rebate=$46,289
    * MF .0012
    * Residual 60%
    * term 27 month/ 15k miles per year
    * payment w/o taxes $581.00
    * payment with 6.575% sales tax $620.00
    * zero down first payment+$75.00 for tags upon delivery

After doing the math I don't know how they got the payment so low. I asked the finance guy again if this was "employee pricing" and he said it was and that there was no other way to get the payments so low. I think he may have given me the wrong residual but not sure. Also, the $5k rebate threw me a loop. I thought the employee pricing was 12.25% off msrp. All I know if I'm not taking possesion unless my payment is $620.00
    Hey Kroach, you actually got a hell of a deal!!

I bought my E-350 silver/black with P1 package and Ipod Kit last week. I actually had employee pricing as well.

Msrp $55.5k
    Employee pricing $ 49K
    MINUS 4k rebate( there is 5k on the e-550....not sure how they gave u 5k kroach)
    So purchase price was $45k.

My car....i got it for 27months. $1140 down(first months + Lease turn in fee).
    10k miles a year.
    Monthly Price of $384.

Hey Jets80. Can u tell me what they are selling you the car for, I mean $570 is a pretty good deal, with literally ZERO down..but it seems they are still having you pay a little up front.....they can do betta. they aren't giving you true employee pricing. :mad:
    Technically its not ZERO down...they're charging me 1st month, plus inception fee, plus tags/title. The guy I'm dealing with was a referral, who does Mercedes Fleet Sales (someone explained to me its Wholesale vs Retail??). Whats strange is that they never told me the selling price of the car, they just sent me a sheet with the MSRP on it (a touch over $55k). This still doesn't come close to your $384 price, even if you only have 10k miles. The extra 2k miles can't be worth more than $25 a month?
    vchad,

I like to think so but your deal looks much stronger. Does your $384 payment include taxes? If it does I think I may consider walking from my deal and calling your dealer.
    Yeah...either way you slice it, $384 is insane??!! What state did you get this deal in?
    I'm not sure I could get into a fully loaded Geo Metro for $384.00. I would take that deal and run like a bandit!
    at $46,289, you should be paying lesser per month... my lease calculator comes up
    lower on payments based on your #s...

At two new york dealership they offered me a demo car with 3500~4000 miles on it with a discounted price of about 5k... over and above the other savings... that would have brought the price down to about 45K range.

even considering it's a lease, knowing the pains of a car like this going bad (i'd a bad history with a bmw convertible recently that i finally unloaded at upto 20k loss)... i decided not to take that 5k saving on price, pay the additional 100 bux a month as peace of mind insurance...
  • mavs_fanmavs_fan Member Posts: 2
    Vchad,

sounds like you're getting a great deal man. I've been to a mercedes dealer and wasn't getting anywhere near the payments that they quoted you. I think others have asked for this information already and I am new to the forums so not quite sure how this works, is it possible to get contact info on the dealer that you went to. :shades:
    Hey guys...Kroach and Jets80. Ill break down exactly how i got the detail, if you have anymore questions...feel free to email me personally.

I live in Ann Arbor, MI ...its about 45mins west of detroit. Back in december the local MB dealers were running this ad of a E-350 for 350 a month, with emoployee pricing...i tired very hard then to get an employee #...but was unsuccessful.
    Out of curiousity, and a need for an extra family car...i emailed a few of the dealers, to see if they are still offering "employee pricing" on MB cars...if you can get a chrysler employee price. They responded YES...ONLY if u can get an actual employee to give you a code. I tried for a few weeks, really had no luck.

So on the last day of June...literally ..around 530pm...I got a call from a MB dealer in lansing michigan...okemos auto collection...saying somehow they had an extra Employee code. (i had spoken to this dealer before, they knew i was trying to get an employee code). Literally 5minutes later....going around 85mph...drove the 45mins to dealer...because i was TOO excited for this once in a lifetime deal!! he informed he...TODAY was the last day to do it, had till 8pm..and if i wasn't interested, he had others in mind to pass the deal on to. I assured him i was on my way and went.

I got there...they had about 6 E-classes. I Saw a silver with black interior...WITH p1 package...ipod kit. We took it for a drive...loved it...and talked numbers...nothing to discuss really....the price is set in stone by MB.

I dont have exact numbers in front..but im sure im damn close to it.

MSRP $55,500
    Employee purchase price : $49, 100?
    MINUS MB rebate of $4000
    Purchase price of $45,100

The deal was for 1140 down....First month of $384 and turn in fee of $750?
    SO my price is...with 10k miles...for 27months... for $384 a month...WITH TAX!! i thought about maybe 12kmiles...but he said, residual changed..and added like $30+ to the payment. He said half way through lease...MB would call me..and ask if id like to buy more miles...and since i have true employee pricing...id get some sorta discounted rate(not sure on that tho). I was so puzzled how you could get a $55k mb for 384 a month...i couldn't believe it. In january, i actually leased a jeep commander...WITH employee pricing for $355 a month...and that damn thing had a msrp of 35k. I felt like i was robbing mercedes with this lease. If i were you guys, MAKE sure your getting the employee price...dont let them tell you otherwise. BTW..my residual was 64% and MF of .00001
    Hey Vchad,

Thanks for the response. Here is the deal I'm currently being offered, any input would be greaty appreciated. I still think this is too high for the monthly payment.

E350W $51,200
    040 Black
    141 Black MB Tex
    P01 P01 Premium I Package: $2,410
    389 : Hands-Free Communication System
    530 : DVD COMAND Navigation
    536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    540 : Power Rear-Window Sunshade
    873 : Heated Front Seats
    057 iPod Integration Kit $425
    280 Standard Lthr Str Wheel/Shift Knob
    333 333 Sport Package: 18" 10-Twin Spoke All
    R68 : 18" Wheels
    80V : Speed and Load Index
    952 : Sportline Package
    954 : Avant Garde Package (Sport)
    414 Glass Sunroof
    600 Headlamp Washing System
    732 Black Birdseye Maple Wood Trim
    917 PZEV-Emission, USA

SUBTOTAL $54,035
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $54,910

Lease

SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE: $47,044

TOTAL due at signing = $1050

10,000 miles per year,

27 months (best term)

Payment: $573+ tax or $620 tax including.

Money factor used is .00085 and the residual is set at 64%= $620
  • mavs_fanmavs_fan Member Posts: 2
    Hey Vchad,

thanks for the response and setting the record straight. :-)
    Hey Kauffman1974.

You seem to pretty much have the same exact car as mine...Except i have the IPOD kit..which was 400 more. The problem here is....Your not getting true employee pricing..either the dealer is able to give to you, but isn't giving you the full discount. Or he's just not able to give you employee pricing...and is doing the best they can.

Your "special internet price" should be $44,700 or so...IF they are giving you true eomployee pricing. Since my car had ipod kit...and got employee price of $55,100?...and the ipod kit is 500...it should be less than mine. There seems to be about a $2400 difference in price between your car and mine. So thats about $87 more a month. BUT your money factor is WRONG. and that could also be the difference in savings. The original MB deal...was .00030 MF nationally. I thought that was what i was gonna get too....but im assuming with Employee price...i got .00001 MF. WHich is prolly alteast another $50 in savings. I just can't to figure out why urs is $620 a month. Because your 620 - 384(my payment..for same car) = $236 difference a month. $236 * 27 = $6372. which is a ridic difference. I wish i had more to tell you...but somewhere...this dealer is hiding costs or taking advantage of you. DONT let them do it. I have to say, my deal took me about 30minutes...fastest i ever bought a car...they were straight forward....they wanted to get rid of a car...and i wanted it ...so it was win-win. You seem to know what your doing, use my #'s and approach them again...if they say its not true...i will personally mail you a copy of my purchase agreement.
    Thanks Vchad,

Based on my calculations on what the dealer offered me, I was coming in at approx $510 a month (which included tax). My response to the dealer and their subsequent reply is as follows:

ME: I've run my own lease calculation analysis and for some reason I'm coming up with a much lower monthly payment than what you have noted below. With a base cap cost of 47,044 and a net cap cost of 45,994 (47,044 - 1050 down) and using the .00085 money factor with 8.5% sales tax on a 27 month lease, I'm coming up with a payment of $510.92 which includes the taxes. Based on this, I have a depreciation amount of 10,852, with a finance charge of 1,862 and tax of 1,170.

DEALER: You are missing a few things but I cannot tell you how your software works. I will be more than happy to show you my software when you get here. Your adjusted cap cost before you take out your down payment is $48, 682.84 You did not factor in the 1095 acquisition fee, 45 doc fee, your dmv lisence of $381 and the bluetooth adaptor of $510 which I included in your lease.

I have no idea how, based on the initial deal they presented that they came up with a $48,682 adjusted cap cost. Thanks for the heads up on the moneyfactor.
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    Technically that IS zero down, as "1st month, plus inception fee, plus tags/title" are not down payments a.k.a. cap cost reduction.
    Hey Kauffman... yeah make sure you go over there #"s. First off, the Acquisition fee is NOT $1095. I dont know why they are misleading you...i KNOW for a FACT its not more than $750.

Your sales tax is a little higher than mine(6%)..so a few more hundred there. THe blue tooth adapater...is sold at cost for 400.

The problem with your cap cost is...he's not giving you employee price...thats the main difference. You mentioned a 1k down or so....My down payment included the Acquisition fee. So there is no need for him to add it to your cap cost.

If i were you...i would NOT pay more than First month + Acquis fee + tags.

And the money factor...he's clearly trying to decieve you. Somehow this dealer doesn't sit well with me. He's misleading you on Acquis fee and MF. Be careful with these guys...
    Ksoman,
    Thanks for the reply thats kind of what I thought too. Its just hard to believe that you can get this kind of car for under $600 per month. I guess what really threw me was that another dealer would not beat or even match the deal that I got.
    Hey Vchad,

I'm definitely not getting employee pricing and I'm ok with that since its such a hard thing to manage to get in the first place. I just want to make sure I'm getting the best deal I can on this car. I know my monthly payments should be somewhere below the $600 mark. I'll let you all know where I end up.
    So I questioned my dealer on the acquisition fee and money factor and here was there response:

DEALER: Where are you getting these numbers from? Whoever is trying to confuse you has no idea what they are talking about.

I think its time to move on to another dealer here in socal.
    Hey Kauffman.

I'm sorry to hear this dealership is being so dishonest. Your in cali, i'm sure you prolly have plenty of MB dealers around..shop around.

About the Aquis fee. http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=E350W

it says it right on there...i was off by $45..its $795. It amazes me...the audacity this idiot has in telling that your being misled. Perhaps you should tell him to read his own companys website. :mad:
    Yep, he told me all California dealers mark up the $795 fee to $1095. I'm just not buying that.
  • sunofny99sunofny99 Member Posts: 24
    Hey Vchad, can you send me your dealers info. The deal you got is INSANE!!! I'm from NY and if they are willing to ship it here, heck, i'll even fly there to sign papers.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Money factor looks high - should be .00030 for 4-matic models. For 2wd models it should be .00085. Yes, these are July rates.
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    I just plugged those numbers into my excel lease calculator. Based on your cap cost, resid, MF, etc. the monthly number looks right.

Not only is your cap cost low, but so is your MF. Congrats on a great deal! If I could find someone in the NY/CT/NJ tri-state area to do this, I'd do it too
  • myerslawmyerslaw Member Posts: 21
    I'm considering an E class wagon; but can't seem to get any information on leasing. Are there any supported/subsidized leases out there? Anyone who has made any deals in CA???
    Congrats on the deal... I dont understand the part of how a dealer handed out an MVP#... because the person in charge of auditing MVP #'s is the one who gave me the MVP# and she's so honest, she uses the 6 MVP #'s she's authorized to use every year and no more. She swears her system tracks and audits every MVP sold car in the US and Canada, plus based on the MVP paperwork she emailed me when she issued me the #, the information packet clearly had my name and address sorta stuff. The car dealer only entertained me after he checked my license against the printed email i gave him... But I'm sure there are ways to go around the process/systems.. Congrats anyways, it's always great to save moolah!

;)
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Myerslaw,
    You do not want to lease an E-wagon. The rates are high and the residuals are garbage.
    Hey guys. You are correct about the MVP #...it is checked and verified very thorougly. The dealer didn't do anything crooked. I guess, this particular dealer was given TEN mvp#'s to use, as this dealer states in june....OTHER dealers were given as well...some may have ran out...or choosing not to pass on savings. I actually got a call from them an hour ago...saying they have o :mad: ne more # to offer...and if i wanted another mercedes..i could have it!! i sadly rejected his offer, since i JUST BOUGHT the E-class... but i actualy passed the savings on to another family member...and they are getting the same deal I am. They only had 3 E-classes left...and are dealing aggressively to get rid of them. BUT THe employee pricing is where all the savings is. OTHER dealers have this as well...keep on them to offer it.
    ocautoseeker,

Thanks for sharing your information with everyone. Your information on the MVP # is exactly what i was told as well. Would you mind sharing the specifics of your deal. I am getting employee pricing but not sure they are giving me all the savings.
    My hunch is they are not passing along all the savings because they have no problem selling the cars with less than the full discount.
  • medman3705medman3705 Member Posts: 7
    yes...my MB dealer said they received a few (3) employee discounts codes but sold them out in a few days. Check with your dealer as they may have receive from MB Corp. Great discount if you can get it!
  • metshopmetshop Member Posts: 2
    Saw that you are in Jersey. I am up north in Bergen county. I have an offer on the table that is decent but not close to this--about $75/month less. Can you share the dealership?
  • lbibumlbibum Member Posts: 7
  • metshopmetshop Member Posts: 2
    Got it. Thanks. BTW-was this possibly a demo because it sounds like an awesome deal.
  • lbibumlbibum Member Posts: 7
    No it was not a demo ...The car had 12 miles on it . I got that deal on the last day of the month and the end of the quarter...You should be able to get the same deal if not better...Good Luck :shades:
  • archaicrelicarchaicrelic Member Posts: 8
    Glad to hear you got such a great deal vchad. However, when I tried to calculate the payments based off of the numbers you gave, the payment I have is still higher than yours. The numbers you gave were:

MSRP $55,500
    Employee purchase price : $49, 100?
    MINUS MB rebate of $4000
    Purchase price of $45,100
    Residual 60%
    MF .00001
    Term 27 months

The payment I get is $468 before tax, but yours is $384 after tax. Am I doing something wrong? If you have the chance, I would greatly appreciate it if you can mail me a copy of your sales contract. My email address is visible on my profile. I would love to get a deal similar to yours. Thanks!
  • sunofny99sunofny99 Member Posts: 24
    Hey Vchad,

would you also be willing to mail me a copy as well? My email is visible. Thanks.
  • dt78dt78 Member Posts: 5
    I noticed alot of people mentioned factoring a $4K rebate into their lease pricing. Is this still valid? I checked the MB website and KBB, and neither had anything regarding this rebate, only 1.9% APR on purchasing an E Class. I just wanted to make sure I had all the facts in front of me before I go to the dealer this weekend.

Also, I am in LA, any recommendations on dealers to try/avoid? Any thoughts on Bev Hills MBZ or Simonson in Santa Monica?

Thanks
    hey archaicrelic , Sunofny99.

I am actually sitting in Ohare international airport, on my way to China, and then india for a lil tourism and vacation.

The numbers up there are all right....EXCEPT!!....the residual is 64%...and viola the difference in price. Since i went with 10k miles for year, it was 64% residual. I believe 15k miles is 61%...12k is 63%. This is a national MB rate.

My local sales tax in Michigan is 6%. so you can see how I got $384 now. I have to say, I dont think its possible to get this deal without EMPLOYEE pricing! thats where all the savings is.

Id love to send you guys a copy, but i'll be back into town august 15th.
    I think I have shared every aspect of my deal, hopefully you guys can find a dealer to match it for you. Tho i'm gonna assume most will say you need employee code for it.

It really is a wonderful car, goodluck in getting the deals. Ill check up on here, message if you have any more questions.

dt78. the $4000 in rebate CAN be used on a lease, if the dealer insists you cant, they are lying. its a pure fact, 4k is still available till end of july at the minimum. Its listed on edmunds website itself.
  • kenb757kenb757 Member Posts: 149
    Looks like the $4k is cash to the dealer. It's up to the dealer to give it to you. Many may hope you don't know about it. Even the Bluetech gets it and the low apr, but not the good lease rates. The '09s are coming and the dealers want to get rid of the '08s. Look for the totally redesigned '10 in August of '09.
  • dt78dt78 Member Posts: 5
    Oh good, just wanted to make sure I had it correct.

All things considered, is the 27 month lease the "sweet spot" right now for residual and MF? The info I saw on Roadfly for 2008 models is:

2008 Mercedes E350 Luxury Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00085 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00130 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00130 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 36% of MSRP – .00350 Base Rate

They didn't list the 27 or 30 month lease, can anyone provide residual and MF for those?

Is there a % off MSRP that I ought to be aiming for when I begin negotiating? And if so, shoudl I negotiate the price and THEN bring up the additional $4K?

Thanks again, very much appreciated.
  • archaicrelicarchaicrelic Member Posts: 8
    Thanks vchad. Hopefully I'll be able to get employee pricing.

dt78, my family has bought all their MBs from a dealership in OC. Feel free to email me if you want the name.
This discussion has been closed.