Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    The 24mo rate and residual(s) are being utilized on the 27mo lease. This is indeed the term you'll want to use. You need to adjust the residual based on mileage. Those residuals you posted are based on 15k annual miles, for 12k, add 2%, and for 10k, add 3%.
  • oki_oki_ Member Posts: 1
    anyone in SoCal / San Diego have any recent lease deals they can share? What dealer did you use?

Went in today to look at the E350 (sport/p1/ipod). Haven't done any pricing research and got a qoute from the dealer ; 27mo lease 7,500mi/yr(don't drive much) $699month about $1300down. Like I said I haven't done the research yet but I know these numbers don't sound good.
  • archaicrelicarchaicrelic Member Posts: 8
    Went to the dealer this past weekend. On an E350 with P1 and Ipod adapter, it was about $715 after tax for 27 months, 15k/yr with about $1500 total drive off.
  • kroachkroach Member Posts: 12
    dt78,

I just leased and actually got $5,000 rebate which they consider money down on the lease. So yes you can definately get 4k with the employee pricing. They also took 8.7% or $5,039 off the msrp. Adjusted cap cost was $47,221 on a $57,260 msrp. You can probably do better than this if you get the true employee price.
  • rob12098rob12098 Member Posts: 16
    Ok the deal i got was:

$728 a month
    $1042.84 due at signing (first month and tags and title)
    Taxes and Bank fee in monthly payments

E350 4Matic
    27 Months/12K Miles a year
    w/
    -Premium 1 Package
    -I-pod Kit
    -Wood Wheel
    -Deisgno Burl
    -Sports Package (Free)
    -Metallic Paint

I need some help here, dealer said only $2K in rebates can be applied to car, but i'v read people applying 4 or 5k rebates, is it 2, 4 or 5k?

$52373.00 was the cap cost for this car before taxes and bank fee
    $54862.16 after both added .. do you think i can get it lower?

Im trying to get it somewhere between 47-49K to get payments about $550-575, i also want to add the panorama roof but that is up in the air.
  • playamdxplayamdx Member Posts: 7
    Hey Vchad, this forum was a great help. I just went to a dealer in Nothern California on Sunday and picked up a white E 350 with P02 Package with MVP Pricing.

After contacting a dozen dealers up and down California I was unable to get a single dealer to give me employee pricing.

I happen to just walk into a dealership near my home and asked the sales manager if he would give me employee pricing. I told him about the pricing that i was looking for, and he worked out a deal on the P02 Package E350 for $430 plus tax a month which made the payments $470 a month for 27 months with 10,000 miles per year.

I gotta say I am definitely enjoying the car!!!

The sales manager did tell me that the employee pricing codes were given to dealers, in this case this dealership only had three, and he gave me the last code because the lady that had used the code suddenly backed out the night before. This employee code promotion expired on 7/15/08, so he had to backdate my contract to 7/14/08 to do the deal.

Once again I just wanted to thank everybody on this forum for helping me make this purchase. Congrats to all the other mercedes E class owners!!!
  • nevisnevis Member Posts: 9
    Hi playamdx, I'm also in Northern cal and have been looking for this deal in the past week. Can you forward me the name of the dealership? Thanks.
  • nevisnevis Member Posts: 9
    Without the MVP pricing (aka employee discount), what is the best that one can do for the E350 lease with 10,000 miles per year and 27 months? Assuming money factor is 0.00085, how low is dealer willing to go on the selling price?
  • bagelguybagelguy Member Posts: 12
    I've been leasing car for the past 18 years. I'm coming to the end of my BMW lease and decided to give MB a shot. They were running a very aggressive lease on the 08 E350. I called a few dealers to get pricing. I worked out a good deal with a dealer who is about 15 miles away from my house and he had the car that I wanted in stock.
    For the sake of convenience I stopped by a dealer who is 2 miles from my house and told him the deal I was receiving. He said that he would match the deal and assured me that he can get me the same car without a problem. He wrote up the deal and took a deposit. He strung me along for a week and then told me he couldn't get the car and all the 08 stock was gone. The lease program ended on 7/31 and I have no car. Do I have any recourse?
    Thanks,
    John
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Have you spoken with the sales manager? Contacted Mercedes directly? Don't know if it will do you any good, but you could give it a shot. Did the seller actually sign the sales agreement? I had an experience where a salesman actually failed to sign an order - little trick which I failed to notice until later. Perhaps you could sue the dealership for breach of contract (not likely you'd pursue this course of action) or threaten to report them to the BBB.

Hope you get your deposit back in a reasonable amount of time.
  • ksomanksoman Member Posts: 683
    I think you hit the jackpot.

You have a written deal that they cannot fulfill without taking a loss. They are trying to get out of it by telling you they can't honor it. Push as hard as it takes. They can arrange for a vehicle by swapping with other dealers and/or doing other kinds of tricks. Threaten to pull them before small courts or BBB or anything and everything you can do.

On the other hand, getting into a bad relationship with your dealer also means headache later on during regular service intervals etc.... even then, considering this is a lease, I'd say, go with all guns blazing, you have a written contract in hand.

ksso
  • playamdxplayamdx Member Posts: 7
    hi nevis,

sorry for the delay in reply i was on vacation. i purchased the vehicle from mbz of pleasanton, but they assured me that they would not be offering this deal to anyone else and not refer anyone to them for this deal, thats just a heads up but good luck!
  • myerslawmyerslaw Member Posts: 21
    Bagelguy, I'd complain not only to BBB, but to whoever might (supposedly) regulate auto dealers in your State. In CA the DMV licenses salespeople and dealerships. And don't forget MB customer relations. I'd suggest the dealer give you an 09 since the 08s are "unavailable" -- and finally, most District Attorneys (at least here in CA) have funding for consumer fraud sorts of problems -- e.g. sham auto services -- and perhaps contact from a DA investigator would soften the dealership's heart. (However, don't tell the dealer you will contact law enforcement unless he changes -- you don't want to commit extortion and threatening police/DA contact actually constitutes that crime -- if you go that route, just make a report. And I sure wouldn't worry about future service relationships! There are plenty of dealerships willing to "inspect" things every 15K miles, add oil, and charge $500.
  • fusillifusilli Member Posts: 24
    That is rotten. You must have recourse, as was said, because you have a written document with the terms spelled out. The following was the best I could do on an 08 E350 with no pkgs, and, frankly, after reading the posts here, I cannot get myself to sign on the dotted line at these prices (this was quoted to me by a dealership in the Southeast):

Lease = 33 months, 10k miles/yr, 0 down 729/mo + tax(based on local taxes)

Purchase = 72 months 817/mo 0 down
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Looks to me like Myerslaw offered some excellent avenues to pursue. I'm not an attorney, but it seems to me that just because you have a written contract doesn't mean the seller is going to fulfill his part of the deal. If he doesn't honor it you might have to go to court to enforce it, and that can cost you more than the deal is worth. Then again, perhaps small claims court could be an option.

Isn't this whole situation horrible? Buying a new car should be a pleasant experience. Behavior like this is what gives car salesmen a bad name.
    Thank you all for the support and guidance.
    I called MB Corporate and they are looking into the matter although they told me that it's really a dealer issue.
    I agree that it is a dealer issue but if MB allows it's dealers to operate this way doesn't it tarnish the brand?
    I'll keep you updated. Thanks again!

John
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    Be prepared for MBUSA to tell you each dealership is an independent franchise, and that they cannot or will not regulate/influence how they operate. I recommend you investigate other avenues in the meantime.

$0.02
  • qwert543qwert543 Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to thank vchad for the heads up on the MB MVP program. Shows the real value of these boards.

My E class (leased in July prior to expiration of MVP program) stickered at close to $58K and my payment was around $400/month. Best lease rate I have seen for a car this expensive. :)
  • zipforiazipforia Member Posts: 6
    I'm also thinking of leasing the E-Class. Can you send me what your leasing plan is and the package you got? It sounds really good. You can just reply or msg me.

Z
    Well I went back to the dealership today (Mercedes of Nanuet NY) to speak with the general manager. To make a long story short, he said that this occasionally happens so tough luck! He actually had the nerve to say that the dealership lost a sale. As if I should feel sorry for them. He offered me a 2009 for ONLY $100 more a month. Isn't that generous of him!!! Mercedes corporate was no help either. Fortunately I am at a stage in my life where things like this don't really get to me. Mercedes Benz won't miss me as a customer and that's Ok because I don't have to have a Mercedes.
    Thanks again,
    John
  • landonmaelandonmae Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease an '09 E350W4. Black, Black MB Tex, P01 package (HD, voice navigation, satellite radio, iPod inter., etc), sport package.

With no haggling this is the offer:
    Cost: 57,825
    Selling: 53,625
    cash: 2000
    12,000mi for 36mo.
    $790 mo

What should I do?
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    There are some decent deals on 5 series as they clear out MY08 inventory incl. free premium package or some other OC (option credit). You can also get lower MF if you or anyone in your household qualify for owner loyalty. Not to mention that performance-wise, the 535i/Xi is streets ahead of the E350
  • jaybird12jaybird12 Member Posts: 10
    About to close on a 09 E350 w/ p1, designo burl walnut, sport pkg, Iridum silver metallic

MSRP: $56,505
    Selling Price $49,000
    $7,505 off msrp

not sure yet on purchase or lease. but I think the % off looks good. any thoughts...
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    jaybird12 - Sounds like a decent deal. In this crazy environment with residuals fluctuating, I would highly recommend leasing as long as you drive between 10K - 15K miles per year. If you need any help with dealer recommendations, please feel free to send me an email at eights38@gmail.com.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    landonmae - You can definitely do better. Where are you located?
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    How much better? I am looking to get the E350 2009. I ordered the car from Germany. How much more do you think I can get off? $10000?
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "How much better? I am looking to get the E350 2009. I ordered the car from Germany. How much more do you think I can get off? $10000"

Don't worry about what other said about the price that you should shoot for. It is all internet b.s. The key is that price are local.. Someone may get a great deal in LA with 8-10 dealership within 1 hour driving. But if you are in a small town with only one dealer, there is no way you can match the price that someone can get in LA. So when someone tell you that you can do better, unless they live in the same town as you, it is meaningless. Just shop around you local area and get the best price you can. Once you have the lowest price within your area, you can check experience of others in LA and decide if flying to LA and buy a car is worthwhile for you or not..
    I am in LA. The thing is back in JuLY when people here were getting employee pricing, I asked several local dealers about that and they just rejected it saying "you will never get employee pricing since you are not a employee. Do you know of a good aggressive dealer in LA?
  • dannybendannyben Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for 09 E350 , silver with ash , P1 package , sport pkg , ipod integration,glass sunroof msrp $56245
    33 month lease at $2000 down , 535.00 a month (after taxes) , 10000 miles/year ..
    any advice is appreciated . thank :confuse: s
    What are the september lease rates for E350? FOR 27 MONTHS 33 MONTHS 39 MONTHS? Also are their any dealer incentives this month
  • nyinlanyinla Member Posts: 4
    Dowtown LA Motors was phenomenal when i leased an ML350 last year. Not sure if it's the same internet people. Bev Hills Mercedes guy was good, too, but he didn't have the car i wanted. I recommend sending inquiries thru Edmonds within a 50 mile radius. You'll find the most cars and get lots of quotes. Some dealers outside LA will give great deals...you just have to like the options and colors
  • penguin81penguin81 Member Posts: 1
    sounds very good deal, dannyben. I would really appreciate if you share the dealership and location. Thanks.
    I heard from 2 DEALERS today that MBUSA is going to increase the MSRP on all cars and SUVS by 5% starting October. Invoice will also be increased by 5% as well. They said this is due to the $ going down due to the economy. Has anyone heard this? Since 2 dealers are saying this I figured this is true.
  • wigboxwigbox Member Posts: 1
    i am turning in a 2006 E350 and it was a nice car. i missed the sept money factor and now oct is a bit higher. i am looking for a car without the premium package as i don't need NAV at all. this is a quote i got, can anyone tell me where i can negotiate. the money factor and resid can;t be touched of course and i have a low mileage quote based on my last lease. what do you think?

2009 Mercedes Benz E350W.

E350W Black/Cashmere MB Tex, Standard Lthr Str Wheel/Shift Knob, 321 Sport Pkg,
    Glass Sunroof., Black Birdseye Maple Wood Trim.

MSRP $52,775
    Your price $43,800

The lease numbers look like this: 36 Months, 7500 miles per year, $2179 Total Drive Off's
    w/a payment of $533 plus tax = $577 Inc Tax.

MF .00110 Residual 52%
  • loudbmwloudbmw Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 E350 39 mo. lease will end in a couple of months. I opted for extra miles and will be right on the 49,000 mile allowance at lease end. Car has lots of options including leather, sirius and navigation and has had excellent care. Maybe I'll get a 2009 with the great deals or maybe I'll keep my '06.

Purchase option at lease end is $33,000 which seems high. Dealer has an identical certified pre-owned on his lot for $32,000 with 25,000 less miles!

I heard MB doesn't negotiate residual which doesn't sound like good business sense to me if they can't sell it even close to the residual.

Any ideas?

Lou
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    I am not sure about MB, but my BMW dealer offered to buy my car (lease end this month) at a special price available for them (probably based on recent auction prices) and selling it back to me. The difference between the residual value and sale price was about $10K. So check auction prices and speak to your dealer. They may help. One thing is for sure MB does not want your car back.
  • c32manc32man Member Posts: 1
    What do you think??

2009 E350
    MSRP $56,195.00
    36 Months/12K
    $2,800 out of pocket
    $699.00 payment

Thanks
  • jkpateljkpatel Member Posts: 8
    I just got an E350 + P01 + Sport pack + Panorama roof + Iridium Grey (MBTex)
    MSRP $57245
    Neg price $47013
    MF0.0011
    15K miles/year
    36 mths
    Residual ?48%
    $715 inc tax + $3000 drive off
    Also took last two payments of my CLK total $1300

MB of Encino, CA

Hope that helps.
  • mikearnoldsmikearnolds Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know anything about this mpnth's MB MVP Program being secretly offered up to select clients which can save you $200+ per month on an E or ML Class vehicle? It seems select dealers can get their hands on the numbers and give their clients an unfair edge over the general public. Any info would be appreciated.
  • ravisudhirravisudhir Member Posts: 5
    >I just got an E350 + P01 + Sport pack + Panorama roof + Iridium Grey (MBTex)
    >MSRP $57245
    >Neg price $47013
    >MF0.0011
    >15K miles/year
    >36 mths
    >Residual ?48%
    $715 inc tax + $3000 drive off
    Also took last two payments of my CLK total $1300

Isn't the negotiated price much less than the invoice price? Is that true for 2009 models also?

Ravi
  • jkpateljkpatel Member Posts: 8
    This is a 2009 model. They seem to be discounting heavily (?last model year.)
  • jamby1jamby1 Member Posts: 9
    Mr. Carman....I noticed in another forum that Mercedes is offering $5500 cash incentives on the '09 CLK convertible. Are there any incentives for March '09 on the '09 E350 Sport 4Matic sedan? thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Excellent question, jamby1. Mercedes-Benz is currently providing a $4,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 E350 Sedan 4Matic through Mercedes-Benz Financial. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost of the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sfleasesflease Member Posts: 9
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi sflease. Mercedes' current lease program is scheduled to run through April 30th. Having said this, many manufacturers that have incentives program that run throughg the 30th have already extended them through May 4th. I would not be surprised if Mercedes did the same thing. If so, then its new May lease program won't be out until the 5th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • john_rydelljohn_rydell Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man:

Do you know of any special May promotions for leases on the E350? I'm also interested in the current money factor and residual on a 7500 mile/year lease with 36 months.

Thanks for all of your help!

John
  • briandcbriandc Member Posts: 15
    Can I get some help and advice on the following lease quote. I'm thinking about the 48 month lease, but it feels a little expensive. Any thoughts on where I can negotiate? Thanks

MSRP $58,275
    Gross Cap Cost $53,315 (includes Doc fee of $220 and Acquisition fee of $995)
    Cap Cost reduction: $1,016.85 paid by me as part of $2,000 down payment
    4 year lease $652.31 plus RI sales tax [not property tax which is separate] of $45.66
    total monthly $697.97
    3 year lease including same state tax = $797.
    Adj residual on 4 year lease $23,310
    7500 miles per year
    Money factor/Rate = .00064
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    DO NOT BUY THIS CAR....at that price!!!

Briandc, they are totally taking advantage of you, do not walk, RUN AWAY from it. Currently there is a $6000 rebate on the car alone, and dealers were given another $4000 per car as a fleet sales promotion. So you should get a discount of 6k alone on rebates...here in chicago, i was offered RIGHT off the bat, 10k on the car. This car is being replaced within weeks, with a new model, for them to offer only 5k off the msrp is a slap on the face, they are totally trying to take advantage of you. Id start with 14k off, and maybe go up to 12k off at the minimum you would take. I hope others will chime in with there experience, but please dont get taken advantage of like that. The Aquisition Fee, is $795 from MB financial, they are also overcharging you there as well. Overall, they are overcharging you in every aspect. :mad:
  • briandcbriandc Member Posts: 15
    I really appreciate the information. The $10k you were offered, was that on a lease or purchase? BTW - with one email exchange today, they took $7,500 off the MSRP. Still not enough. I will keep you posted. Thanks again
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    :) Briandc,

I was offered finally, $12.5k off on car they had on the lot, but i went with p1 4matic, sport. It was for a lease, keep in mind, this was TWO months ago. You should be able to do much better, The car is only getting older, and new model days away. If they dont even come close to 12k off, walk away......deal with someone else. I mean most dealers are trying to get rid of them, but it seems, this particular dealer still wants to take advantage of you. Read the posts on previous pages, to see what kind of lease deals others are getting, and you'll see 10k off seems to be a minimum. dont cave, hold out for the best offer! :)
This discussion has been closed.