Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sh00ksh00k Member Posts: 4
    Yeah guys, I already got the car. I picked it up last night. I put 40 miles on it so far and I am in heaven. I feel like I'm driving my livingroom - and I mean that in a positive way. Absolutely soft, silent, and the electronics integration is superb. it feels like the car is a single piece and not a whole bunch of separate pieces put together, if that makes any sense.

i stepped out of the car and it felt like i hadnt driven or anything. stress free, strain free, absolutely superb ride. i already imported my blackberry contacts onto the computer and was calling friends 5 minutes after leaving the dealer.

im definitely going to enjoy this thing ;-D

i posted my q just bc i was curious about how my numbers looked. that's all.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If you are looking for a sedan in the 50k price range the E is rated highly. Enjoy your ride.
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    Can any of those of you who have bought your cars (lucky $%^#%@) tell me approximately how much over invoice you paid?
  • pete96pete96 Member Posts: 14
    What dealer is offering it for $475 plus tax?
    Whats a good deal on 2010 E-350 Mercedez lease?

Where do i Get it?
  • broadbanddbroadbandd Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, Car man, for the reply. Can you educate me a bit on the drive off? They refuse to tell me so far how to break down the $2500 drive off. Does it sound high?
  • msf83msf83 Member Posts: 10
    @broadbandd.....dont walk, RUN away from that dealership. That's an insult and a joke.
  • broadbanddbroadbandd Member Posts: 6
    Actually, I am doing email discussion with them. And they avoided this question of mine for a while.So I wonder they did this for a reason. What normally they charge for driveoff except for first payment an how much?
    Thanks.
  • harry28harry28 Member Posts: 29
    Does anyone have any experience with these two sites? The new 2010 E class is still very expensive so I was considering picking up a lease for a 2008 or 2009 E350.

I'm just hesitant without some feedback.
    too many factors, its impossible to say. Be up front with them, tell them if they can't break down what you're paying you can't do business with them.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Lots of dealers use a software program where you just plug in any up front amount, such as $2500 and it calculates the payment. Up fronts usually consist of the first months payment, acquisition ($795 I think in MB's case), conveyance or dealer fee, license, registration, and sales tax. Anything in excess goes to cap cost reduction. Its much easier to compare different lease terms, miles, options, etc. with a standard amount up front like $2500. That way you can compare the actual difference in payments for the different scenarios.

It is still your choice as to how much you want to put up front, assuming good credit. I know some recommend not paying anything up front, but I never wanted to pay interest (money factor) on the up front charges.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    I sold my lease using Leasetrader. What do you wanna know about it ?
    I'm looking to get into a lease for 2010 E -class Benz. Do you know whats a good deal or range monthly to drive off on 10,000 miles with tax build into it.
  • benzsalesbenzsales Member Posts: 7
    What options are you looking for? How many miles per year will you be driving and how much total out of pocket do you want to lay out?
    The best deal I've seen till now is:
    bank fee $795 plus
    DMV fees about $300
    Payment $659 a month plus tax 10,000 miles a year
    Add $20 for 12,000, Add about $35 for 15,000

The car has P1 package, 4Matic and Sport package
    Do you currently have a Mercedes Benz E-class or different Mercedes Model? Who do you work for? Mercedes Benz has Fleet incentives for over 10,000 companies. This will save you more money off on the car.
  • frogger97frogger97 Member Posts: 21
    This deal you are talking about, I am sure has a down payment linked to it!?
    It says big words : NO MONEY DOWN. I don't know if it means something else.
    This is exactly the numbers I see.
    Don't forget - this is brand new model and prices will go lower day by day.
    I think you'll be able to lease it about $600-$640 in about 6 months.

Good luck.
  • endorulesendorules Member Posts: 6
    aeggroup-

How much was the total out of pocket to drive the car off the lot? Do you know what the final monthly payment was including tax? Where was the dealer?
    Thats sound great, My e-mail is realtorpete1@aol.com I would appreciate if you can put me in touch with a dealer with those terms, I realy appreciate your help. Thanks.
    You can put yoourself in touch with this dealer. Just follow the link I posted in previous message and get your car. I'm not a salesman and I don't work for these guys. I just saw it on ebay.
    looking for 2010 E Class,10miles ,4matic , premium 1 package, nothing down except for the normal fees, like security, bank fees, etc. I'm curently driving a 2007 E-class and i have 2 more months to go on my lease. is is $659 to 700 doable. Can you point me to a way.Thanks for your help.
    Soory I'm not familiar with Auctions. I'm looking for a black on black e-class, 4 matic,
    premium 1.

What do you think the range will be for what I'm looking for.
    I'm not telling you to go to the auction. Just click on a link in my #996 post...
    you will see Ebay page and there is a number to call, It is a lease $659 a months, no money down, Sport and 4matic. 10K a year. Tax aditional. Very simple.

Good luck.
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Hey Aeggroup, why can't you do the work for us? And by the way have them shine the floor mats and deliver the car to my home. Oh pick up the food from the restaurant.Thanks ;)
    Yes sir ...sounds great :))) I'll get couple bottles of vodka on the way so we could have a party :))
  • anweiszanweisz Member Posts: 6
    I just did a lease agreement with Mercedes Benz of Fort Lauderdale.
    They charged .00310 money factor when the official october money
    factor of MB is .00270. The extra cost on the lease for 39 months is
    about $1400. They argue that Mercedes allows them to overcharge
    the customer even though my FICO is 795. Since the lessor is MB
    finance, what can be done with these people who during the sale stated
    that the residual and the money factor werenot negotiable because
    they were set by MB financial.
    Why on earth would you do that? Just take your business elsewhere where you'll get the actual MF and not a marked up one. .00270 is bad enough, .00310 is a joke.
  • harry28harry28 Member Posts: 29
    Also beware of the horrible service @ MB of Fort Lauderdale. They are beyond being bad. After 7 years I finally moved over to another MB dealer in Pembroke Pines. It's been night and day. The same goes for the sales Dept.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    That's ridiculous that the dealer won't break down the $2,500 that's due at lease signing for you. That alone would be enough to make me shop around for a dealer that is more straightforward.

At lease signing, Mercedes-Benz Financial charges lessees their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to their vehicle's payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, a $795 acquisition fee, any money that you choose to put down as a capitalized cost reduction (ideally this should be zero), and any required state taxes or fees.

MB Financial charges some pretty hefty fees, between the $795 acquisition fee and the I believe $350 disposition fee, you're into them for nearly $1,150 before you've even paid a penny for your car. Of course, all banks charge an acquisition fee, and many charge a dispo fee, but Mercedes' has always stuck me as pushing the limits. Having said that, these fees have not stopped me from leasing a Mercedes in the past.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Mercedes Benz Financial doesn't charge security deposits. Any dealer telling you they do are lying.
  • mssdivaesqmssdivaesq Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to determine a good deal on a MB e350c 2010 with a P1 and appearance package. the price negotiated is $51k with a 36 month lease for 699/mth, with 10k miles a year. Money factor .00318. Is this a good deal?
    Is there any money down and what is the drive away amount? Is this 4matic?
    yes $5k down, which is also the drive away amount. this car is not a 4matic
  • spybondspybond Member Posts: 7
    Mssdivaesq,

That's way... too much. I saw ads for the last week or so, with the E350 coupe leasing for 36 months - under $4k total drive offs and $699 + tax.

Push for less money down and the same payment.

But, that's just my $0.02
  • mjr2umjr2u Member Posts: 13
    :confuse: I recently received a quote from a MB dealer, and while he claimed that their price was "$200 over invoice" the math didn't add up. The invoice that he provided showed a markup over invoice of $1050. When I questioned him, he said, "The pricing you received is $200 over our invoice. When you look up the invoice via Edmunds or another website they do not show the IRG fee of $600 and our Dealer pack fee of $250." Is he being honest here, or just padding their profit margin?
    To answer your question, what is the model and is it 4 matic with what package? What is the MSRP and what is the sales price he quoted?
    Here is a copy of the pricing details of the invoice. It is for an E550, not 4 matic. He said that he sent me this invoice to show me that they really are only marking their cars up $200 over invoice, although what he sent me isn't the car that I'm interested in, nor even the model.

Dealer NET PRICE
    MODEL DESC : E550W $ 52,359
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CODE ACCESSORY DESCRIPTION

650 Arctic White
    201 Black Leather
    P01 P1: Premium I 4,092
    298 Rear Side Airbag (Sept Prod) 381
    321 321 Sport Package
    230 PARKTRONIC with Parking Guidance 884
    277 Sport Steering Wheel
    432 Drive Dynamic Multicontour Driver Seat w/Mass 605
    736 Black Ash Wood Trim
    --- -----------------------------------------SUBTOTAL 58,321
    025 Transportation And Handling 875
    905 IRG Participation 600

053 Dealer Pack Fee 250
    --- --------------------------------------------TOTAL 60,046
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    The IRG Participation is an advertising charge... The dealer is correct that Edmunds invoice doesn't show those charges, as they vary regionally and by specific dealer (some dealers don't participate in the regional advertising).

Dealer Pack Fee? Maybe it is on his invoice... not sure what that is.. but, it sounds like something the dealer might get back, in the end...

I'm all for squeezing every dollar out of a deal... But, overall, I'd say this dealer is being pretty straight with you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

:) Thanks kyfdx! Good to know. Yes, it seems that this particular dealer is being very forthcoming. (Walter's MB in Riverside, CA). Another dealer told me that on the E350, the parktronic was NOT available as a factory-installed option, only dealer-installed. Only came from the factory on the E550 (which is totally wrong). Walter's clarified that it IS avaiable as a stand-alone, factory-installed option, and they quoted me $59,763 for an E350, P2, Leather, Driver Assist, Parktronic, Folding Rear Seats, Dynamic Driver Seat, MSRP $63,065. Beat the other dealer by $737. What's your opinion of that deal?
  • td_njtd_nj Member Posts: 11
    In NJ - I'm going in this week to p/u my 2010 E350 4Matic, P1, sport, split rear seat, rear airbags, pano. $659/mo w/ $0 CCR; includes 7% tax. That apparently includes a $2000 credit for existing E-class lessees. Plus MB is taking back my 2007 E350 three months early w/no penalty/payment.

I feel OK about the deal; but if anyone did much better, I'd rather not know!
  • endorulesendorules Member Posts: 6
    td_nj: Can you please explain your deal a little more. How much total out of pocket to drive off? How many miles a year? How many years?
    Sure, sorry. It's 39 mo., with 10k mi/yr. TOP of about $2300, which is 1st mo, "bank fee" (which I think is $795) and DMV fees. Haven't picked up yet, so haven't seen the breakdown, but the number is similar to what I paid for my C300 a few months ago (other than 1st mo component), and if I recall, similar to the number when I leased my first E-class in '07.
    Does your payment ( $659 ) include sales tax ? It seems like not, but if it's with salestax - great deal. Make sure your dealer tells you everything upfront with no surprises at the sign in table.
    I'm looking for similar car. If you don't mind - could you send me the name of your dealer after you'll get the deal ? My e-mail : aeggroup@yahoo.com
    that sounds like a great deal! better than the deal that I have been quoted, albeit, my quote was for a e350 coupe. If you can pass your dealer information on once your deal is consummated that would be great. thx
  • novaguy2005novaguy2005 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, do you think the quote I got from a dealer in MD for the following E350 sport sedan is a good one?

Purchase price: $47,562 (MSRP $53,425), includes:

Black exterior
    Black interior
    Sport styling
    P1 pacakage

Terms of lease
    39 months
    15k miles/year
    $724/month payment
    All I would put down is first month's payment, plus tags and registration (sales tax is rolled into the lease).

Money factor is .0027
    Depreciation is 56%

What do you all think? I suspect I can do better, but I am not sure. I can wait as my 2007 E Class is not up until the end of January, but I don't expect the lease numbers to come down really.
  • rd24rd24 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have any information on lease deals/numbers for the new E550 4matic? Thanks
    Globe in Fairfield. If you want, drop me a line at "tomd94 - at - mail - dot - com" and I'll give you some details.
This discussion has been closed.