Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    No you can not, because your warranty starts at the time you buy (sign the contract), so you will loose 4 mo of warranty, plus they can't contract non existing car (which is not built yet and does not have VIN #). However, there is a way to guarantee the selling price of the ordered car upfront. For example, if you have Costco, USAA and some other membership.

I can recommend you the person to contact who can give you all the options and details. He is Internet Sales Manager at Mercedes-Benz Dealership in Los Angeles area. This forum does not allow to disclose salespeople names, phones and e-mails. So if you give me your e-mail address. I'll e-mail you all the info.

By the way, BMW qualifies for Conquest certificate... but if you do it this month....
  • bigpig426bigpig426 Member Posts: 15
    I see...thanks for the clarification. Please email your contact to me at notenough91007@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for the information.
  • persevere12persevere12 Member Posts: 9
    Is this a good deal?

2010 ML 350 AWD
    MSRP 55,375
    Sales TAX 7.25
    15k/year
    48 months
    I think MF was around .00158

$650/month
    $1000 due at signing (includes first payment and title, lic, reg, doc fees)
  • datkinsdatkins Member Posts: 11
    Greetings,

If I pre-pay all of a lease value up front, how does the "money factor" then fit into the calculation ?

Thanks in advance for any comments !
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    Not familiar specifically with Mercedes... but, generally, on a one-pay lease, they will figure the lease just as if you were making the normal payments, but with a discounted money factor (to account for making the payments upfront)... Then, they'll add up the payments and that's your number...

For example... assume the 36 month money factor is .0024... If you were making all the payments upfront, then the discounted money factor might be .0016

That's from a real-world example on a BMW... If you are buying a car with around a $60K MSRP, that could save you $2500-$3000 by paying it upfront....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I sent your info, so they should contact you directly...
    Mercedes-Benz is exactly the same: Single Pay Lease reduces your money factor by 0.0008. The minimum possible money factor is 0.00001.

I would not go for more than 24 month on the single pay - to keep the total amount low...
    Thanks, storm10. Appreciate all your help.
    Hi amcdad. Can you tell me where you saw the 27 month lease deal at ? I am interested in that lease term also.

thanks !
  • bustedstuffbustedstuff Member Posts: 11
    car_man, any ideas on how I did? take delivery in 5 days!
    Greetings,

I have the following quotes on a one pay lease on a 2011 ML350 BTC

MSRP 58,500

15k miles per year

27 Month $18,301
    30 Month $20,850

Both prices are Out the Door (includes all taxes, fees etc.)

How are these ?

Thanks,

Dave
  • ali1226ali1226 Member Posts: 3
    NJ ML350 MSRP 56095
    $576.84 42MTHS W/TAX
    $2184 DOWN INCLUDES INCEPTIONS ETC
    IS THIS A GOOD DEAL

HAVE AN LEASE TRADE IN MDX SHOULD I FORCE DEALER DUE TO OVERMILES
  • the_qthe_q Member Posts: 4
    what are the miles/year on that?
  • the_qthe_q Member Posts: 4
    You got this deal in NY? Where was the dealer, might consider coming back to the ML at these numbers....
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome nlm83. It's difficult to say what the March program for this truck will be like, but we'll see tomorrow. Last year Mercedes' February and March programs were basically the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey bustedstuff. That looks like a good deal to me. You're being given a large dealer discount and the money factor is right in line with MB Finance's current program.

Car_man
    Host
  • ssabaghssabagh Member Posts: 17
    carman, do you know the mercedes lease rates for march ?? im planning to buy a ML350 and want to be informed when i go in the dealer. thank you
    Hi ssabagh. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    For ML350 2WD the special money factor is 0.00068...
  • jfd3jfd3 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    MSRP $57,595 cap cost $52,050

$2,075 at lease inception (includes first month)
    $584/month (includes taxes and conquest $$)
    edited March 2011
    MSRP $57,595 Cap Cost $52,050
    27 months
    $2,075 down (includes first month)
    includes taxes and conquest $ $584/month

This is the best deal I have been able to find but I want to know if anyone thinks if this is a good deal or if I can do better.
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Jfd3, I think its very good deal!
    Here is the offer I have:
    ML E350BT
    MSRP 61,270 P2, Lighting Pkg, Heated
    Negotiated Price 55,200 (includes $1000 conquest)
    Residual Pct 70
    Lease Term 27 (10K)
    Money Factor 0.00134
    Sales Tax (NY) 8.875

Monthy Payment $644.61 (includes tax)

My only concern is that completely new and redesigned ML will come out this summer and I'll have to stick with this one for another two years
    beoperson

I think if you take the conquest cash and use it to reduce your monthly payments by $37 a month instead of using it to reduce the cap cost where you are only getting 70% of the value, you will make out better. Ask them to run the lease for you that way and see if it lowers your payment.I think it should lower your payment about $10/month.
    Reducing the CAP cost doesn't correspondingly reduce the residual. The residual is a fixed percentage of MSRP...

So, any CAP cost reduction flows 100% to the bottom line...

Though, there are other good reasons for not making a CAP cost reduction..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks.

Do you think there is room to negotiate my $584/month lease. DO you think if I ask the dealer to throw in a roof rack or upgrade the mats it is something that can easily be done by taking them from a returned leased vehicle?
    I'm not that up on selling prices for the ML, but the lease program is very good.. So...you might do better, if you can negotiate a lower selling price, but you won't do better on any competing model.

Short term (under 36mo.) leases are usually very expensive.. You are only paying about 1.1% of MSRP per month, including taxes.... that is very cheap..

Those upgrades aren't cheap, and the dealer generally can't residualize them (meaning, you pay for the whole option, not just a percentage..). If you like to lease, learn to love the car the way it comes from the factory..lol.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. We just picked the car up. I tried to get the price lower but was told that the price was already eating inlto the holdover $$. They did throw in some all weather mats.

This is our first time leasing we will see how it goes.
  • aoreoaoreo Member Posts: 6
    Hello, I am currently new to leasing and looking to lease an ML350 AWD 4matic in the greater NYC area:

Black exterior, Black interior
    Premium 1 package
    Running boards
    Trailer Hitch
    Front heated seats
    36 month lease, 10k miles per year
    not a current mercedes owner and most likely will not buy this after the lease is up

I just went to one dealer and failed to get info such as residual value and money factor) However it sounds like he may be willing to offer something like:

$510 a month lease payment, $7000 down (about $4500 down for fees, first month etc and the remaining $2k for NY taxes of ~8.8%, title etc.) Selling Price of ~$52K, MSRP of ~$54K.

The monthly lease of $500 sounds appealing but after reading all these forums the $7000 down sounds extremely high? So what points am I missing here. Do I need to find out what the money factor and residual value is here? From my understanding most of the leasing fees are not negotiable. Any help appreciated!
    Congratulations!

Now.. forget about the deal and enjoy the new ride..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cartman13cartman13 Member Posts: 58
    residuals are not negotiable as they are set by the bank.

money factors can be padded by the dealer if they want to try to make a little extra money off the deal. the base MF is set by the leasing finance company, but the can be padded by a certain amount by the dealer.

personally i refuse to deal with any sales person that can't provide me with such basic info. If you have good credit, just specify you want to know what the top tier MF is and what the bank residual is on the specific model you are interested in. All that info has to be spelled out in the contract, so there is no reason for them to hide it unless the sales guy is just lazy, incompetent, or trying to jerk you around.

$4.5k is a lot to put down for "fees". There is like a 800 acquisitions fee. but that should be about it and a nominal doc fee.
    edited March 2011
    Selling Price: $50,354
    Due at signing: ~7K
    $490 / mo.
    36 month lease, 10k miles
    Options: Premium 1, heated front seats

Money Factor and Residual Value seem about right. However, not sure if it is a good idea to give that much downpayment due at signing (about 1/2 of the 7k is "downpayment", rest are fees), as I realize this is what is driving the monthly payments lower. Is that a wise idea, or better to give less downpayment and have the monthly a little higher?

Can the selling price go even lower? Looking on Edmunds, the selling price quoted to me appears to be almost the true market value.
  • boozikboozik Member Posts: 6
    STICKER PRICE $54,840
    2011 ML350 4MATIC WITH P1, heated seats and wheel.

10,000 MILES 36 MONTHS

due at signing: $0 (sign and drive!)

$595.00 / mo.

is this a good deal with the new model coming out soon?

does any one know if april numbers will be better?
    For reference, just signed on this....

MSRP: $56,045
    Selling: $50,336
    Due at signing: No downpayment/cap cost reduction (only fees, taxes, plates)
    10k miles, 36 months

$565/mo
    What do the fees, taxes, plates add up to?
    ~ $3200 (aquisition fee was $795).
    Thanks very much storm10 for the info. This may not be the appropriate venue to post because it's a straight purchase, but in case someone could use the info for whatever is worth, here goes:

ML350 rwd, metallic paint w/ mb-tex, P1, running board, lighting pkg, appearance pkg. MSRP $54730, negotiated discount of $5K plus conquest program $1K, net of discount before TTL $48730.

Happy dealing!
  • formemoryformemory Member Posts: 2
    Here is what I got:

black ML 350, P1 package, heated front seats.

MSRP: 54615,
    negotiated price: 47950
    33 months, 12k miles/year
    $3000 including first month payment drive off
    Money factor 0.00039
    $549/month including tax (WA tax rate 9.5%)

My only concern is that my own calculation (based on online tools and formulas) ended up with $527, lower than what I was given.
    Don't know why.

Is this a good deal?
  • formemoryformemory Member Posts: 2
    Just found that the car has an extra feature which brings up its retail value a little bit.
    So what we finally got:

MSRP $55165
    invoice $51366
    negotiated: $47151.6
    33 months, 12k miles/year
    $3000 including first month payment drive off
    Money factor 0.00039
    $548/month including tax (WA tax rate 9.8%)

Looks like we got a terrific deal~~~~~
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    Hi all,

I am looking to get this truck within next few weeks and have been doing some researches as always. I've seen people getting 4k below invoice as well as conquest rebates etc. that I was not aware of.

Can someone share some info as to what kind of rebate program this car have currently?

Thanks in advance.
  • ljm301ljm301 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I'm currently in a 09 BT with exactly five months left on my lease. Dealer will take back the current one and put me in a similarly equipped new one for no $ out of my pocket.

MSRP 62k - 2011 P2, heated seats & bunch of small options @ 740 (includes tax) for 42 months, 15k a year.

Good deal?
    Hi armani335i. Mercedes is running two special programs right now. These programs provide dealers with a certain number of certificates, some of which can be used to provide consumers with the $1,000 conquest cash that you mentioned. The others enable consumers to purchase vehicles at Mercedes' employee purchase price. Dealers are only given a small number of these certificates, between 10 and 30 for the conquest and between 5 and 20 for the other program.

Other than that there isn't any cash incentives on the ML right now that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ljm301. You really should find out the selling price of the truck that you are considering leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • ljm301ljm301 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    Thank you!

MSRP: 61190 - 54771 is my price.

No money down 42 @ 15 k / Year your payments is 749.61 (Includes Tax).

PS. They're taking back my current BlueTec with five full months left.
  • chasieboy1chasieboy1 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    Hi carman,

Im planning to lease an ML350 4matic ,P1 pkg, Lighting pkg, etc.. 42 months 12k/year, MF .00039, i didnt get the residual value...$0 downpayment just tax,fee,reg..(1500) MSRP $57,600 negotiated to $52,200 monthly is 651.xx including tax (9.75)...is there any more room to lower my monthly or selling price...Can you let me know if this a good deal cause Im ready to get this SUV this week..Thanks!
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for you input Car_man.
    Car man,

What do you "Mercedes employee purchase price"? is this like the MVP program?
    Just picked an ML350 4MATIC.

P1 with heated seats and running board.

MSRP $55,285
    10,000 miles a year 36 months

$605.83 per month with total $1625 at inception.

is this a good deal?
  • craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    Hi boozik,

I'm looking to lease the same vehicle as you just picked up.

Can i ask where you are located geographically? Also is sales tax included in your numbers?

Thanks so much.
    Craig
    Sovereign motors Brooklyn NY.

All taxes were rolled in.
  • craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks boozik. Much appreciated.

Craig
This discussion has been closed.