Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• brianj7brianj7 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for prompt response. Did you not pay ttl? How did you get them to drop the price by $10k and how much did you pay for the maintainance package? Was your deal 15k miles for 33 months?
  • darma2011darma2011 Member Posts: 12
    I typed up a long detailed reply and not sure if it went through. Let me resend you the condensed version. My drive off was $507 total including ttl. I went with a 33 mo/12k mile lease. The maintenance package ended up costing me $810. My payment went from $500 to $525.34 so I calculated $25.34x32mo and that's how I came up with the $810. Oh and they also paid my last payment for my Lexus and the overage on the miles which totaled $1100.
  • brianj7brianj7 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your help. The msrp was actually $ 56555. The payment should be $565 but they added in $1095 acquisition fee! Is that amount normal?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Aquisition fee should be $795....they are marking it up.
    My acquisition fee was $795. I believe anything more is a mark up.
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    Acquisition fee makes no difference as long as you have the lowest payment... When you shop - shop for the lowest payment. Lowest payment is the goal, regardless of how they come to it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Bri75, Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00035 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This program is scheduled to run through August 1st. It's difficult to say what the numbers will be like after that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Hey Car_Man,

Do you know what the residual and MF for 2011 MB ML350 4matic 12k/yr for 33 months are?

Thank you!
  • bri75bri75 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info, Car_man.
    Here you go, hypnotics. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00035 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome bri75.

Car_man
    Host
  • japhalejaphale Member Posts: 15
    can you send me the dealership address and phone?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• findnemofindnemo Member Posts: 2
    Went to a dealer in NE region, the dealer can not give me the money factor of 0.00035. He told me that 0.00035 was reserved for one who has credit score of 850, and is currently a Mercedes-Benz owner. I can get 0.00065 which is for the regular citizen.

Can a MB dealer boost their profit by increasing different money factor?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Can a MB dealer boost their profit by increasing different money factor?

Yes... and, many do...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

If they did not lie to you about 850 score or to be previous MB owner, I would still try to negotiate with them. But because they are the liars, I would simply deal with other MB dealer...
  • findnemofindnemo Member Posts: 2
    what is the minimum credit score to be qualified for the money factor of .00035? What are other requirements for qualifying MB top credit tier?

Thanks,
  • holdmyownholdmyown Member Posts: 12
    $539 for 33 month about $5k out of pocket, below are lease details. Sorry to bore everyone but how much better is it possible to do on the similar vehicle.

* Available only to qualified customers through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services at participating dealers through August 1, 2011. Not everyone will qualify. Advertised 33 months lease payment based on MSRP of $54,615 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $52,811. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect your actual lease payment. Includes Destination Charge, Premium 1 Package and Heated Front Seats. Excludes title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, dealer prep and additional options. Total monthly payments equal $17,787. Cash due at signing includes $3,750 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month's lease payment of $539. No security deposit required. Total payments equal $22,332. At lease end, lessee pays for any amounts due under the lease, any official fees and taxes related to the scheduled termination, excess wear and use plus $0.25/mile over 27,500 miles, and $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Purchase option at lease end for $32,223 plus taxes (and any other fees and charges due under the applicable lease agreement) in example shown.
  • holdmyownholdmyown Member Posts: 12
    Anyone here to chime in on my previous post, thank you.
    You just posted the national advertising that you can get at any MB dealership. The key is to get a better deal than already advertised...
  • nugsnugs Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Understanding the 2012's will be coming out within the next couple months or so, when would you think the best time to get the best deals on the 2011's would be?

Thanks!
    2011 ML's are almost sold out already... Try to find one.
  • traveler69traveler69 Member Posts: 3
    Is it possible to apply the competitor conquest 4K towards this? If so, how would they do it. I was also interested in this lease special and qualify for the conquest offer. Thanks.
    I was interested in the current advertised ML Lease Special for $539/mo. I'll spare the rest of the advertised details. Is it possible to apply the 4k competitor conquest offer to this somehow? I do qualify for that. Could they reduce the monthly payment to adjust for it or apply it towards the amount due at signing to put very little down. If so, how would they do that.
    Yes, you can use $4k conquest certificate (if you qualify) toward 2011 ML. You can use it toward down payment or toward reducing monthly payment. It's up to you. Additionally you should negotiate better than national advertising deal anyway, because anyone can do national ad. The whole point is to get better than advertisement deal. The only problem is not a lot of 2011 ML's left, so don't delay too long... take advantage while you still can...
    So I can apply it toward the advertised special??? I know I can apply toward a lease. If I applied it toward the special I would be able basically sign and drive a 54K car for $539 nothing else since I have a current lease trade with a little equity to cover closing costs. OR, put the 5K down and reduce the monthly payments significantly. This just seemed too good to be true.
  • march609march609 Member Posts: 2
    I am in a situation that I don't know is possible to get out of. I am in a brand new 2011 VW Touareg that I rolled about $4000 neg equity into. I am unsatisfied with the lack of keyless entry, touch start and am about to trade it in for the next model up. Before doing so, I realize the cost for an exec touareg is more expensive than a loaded GLK and a base ML. My dream car has always been a Mercedes, but I've never owned one. I know I'm in an upside down situation and I know this is probably the dumbest thing you've ever read! LOL. I called to find out how much it would cost to purchase the VW and it would be about 52,500 with the negative. Only one payment made on it. Is this something that is just IMPOSSIBLE, or would a mercedes dealership help me with it. I have a credit score around 675 +. Honestly, any help or feedback is truly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!
  • alexandervalexanderv Member Posts: 24
    That's a great deal! Could you please share the name of the MB dealer? Thanks...
    South Bay Mercedes Benz in Torrance, California. Larry is the person whom I dealt with. He's either the fleet or internet sales manager.
    Thanks Darma2011. I will give it a shot with them.
    Good luck. Let me know the outcome. :)
  • stomachdocstomachdoc Member Posts: 1
    You should wait for the 2012 ML class. The t-reg, especially in TDI form runs rings around the '11M.
  • eykeyk Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for 2011 ML350 12k miles/year -- either for the 33- or 36-month terms.
    Thanks
    Hello eyk. Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00035 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 33 month lease would likely be .00035 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lordolordo Member Posts: 16
    Carman,

Could you provide me with the august money factor and residuals for a '11 ml 350 Blue Tec for a 33 month 15k lease . Both Tier 1 and Tier 1 A or + credit scores.

Thanks
  • borg1of2borg1of2 Member Posts: 90
    Hi all,

Is this a good lease offer?

P01  P01 Package
    R39  19" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels (255/50)
    234  Blind Spot Assist
    289  Wood/Leather Multifunction Steering Wheel
    550  Trailer Hitch - 4,600 lbs. (Class II)
    846  Brushed Aluminum Running Boards w/Rubber
    866  Rear Seat Entertainment Pre-Wiring
    873  Heated Front Seats
    889  KEYLESS-GO

MSRP $55,835

The offer is $530/month which includes taxes
    33 months
    12,000 miles
    $4,0000 down which I intend to use the USAA benefit to pay for this, so no money out of my pocket.

It's close to the current promo with a higher MSRP vehicle and 12000 miles instead of the less than 10000 miles of the current national deal.

Am I missing something, or should the offer be better?

Thanks
  • coppercopper Member Posts: 94
    borg1of2: No Nav?
    Nav is in the P1 package.
    Hello borg1of2,

When you referred to using you USAA benefit as your $4k down, is this in leiu of the $4k USAA discount? Or is this an additional $4k from USAA.

Thanks...Alex
    Alex,

What I was trying to indicate that I want to use the $4K USAA benefit against the $4000 down part of the lease. When leases say you have to pu money down sometimes it used for cap cost reduction, sometimes it pays for the fees and I guess other possibilities, like first payment. What I want try and do is use the USAA benefit to pay the $4000 down requirement and basically make this a no cash out of pocket deal.

Is that doable? If not, is the lease still a good deal as I would have to get them to apply the $4000 USAA benefit where it's allowed and see what the lease then looks like.

Scott
    Hello Scott,

I think that I see what you are saying. Here is how I understand that situation. Whether you use "USAA benefits" to have them lower the selling price, or apply it as a down payment, both have the net affect of lowering the capitalized cost entered into the lease calculations. So, in the end, it doesn't matter.

I was only aware of a $4k USAA discount. When you used the term "benefits," I thought you may be referring to some other $4k that is available for members.

Alex
    So, do you or does anyone have any comments on the lease deal?

I don't have the numbers that they used as the discussion was about getting to a monthly payment and not specific costs, fees and interest rates. I tired to figure a way to get to the number with Lease calculators, but couldn't seem to get as low as they offered.

Thanks

Scott
    Based purely on the numbers in you prior post, I think that $530/mo. including tax is a pretty good price on a vehicle with that MSRP. However, the bargain hunter in me would still want to know that the selling price is good, and that the MF they are giving is the true buy rate, and not being "packed."

If you can, try to get the numbers they used to arrive at that payment, and post them for the Forum. That way, you can see if anything is being marked-up unfairly.

Alex
  • march609march609 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. That is what I'm going to do. Wait for the '12 models to arrive. Very excited as I heard they are amazing!! :D
  • lordolordo Member Posts: 16
    Hello,
    I am currently in the market for a diesel ML 350 and I am wondering if anyone knows the money factor and residual for a '11 Blue tec lease 33 month 15k. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
    I'd be happy to, lordo. Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33 month lease of a 2011 ML350 Blue Tec with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • eykeyk Member Posts: 3
    Just want to see if I'm understanding this correctly... for the difference of 3 months (33-months versus 36-months, which arguably is nothing), the monthly depreciation for the 36-month lease is about 1.39% verus 1.27% for the 33-month lease. Or said differently paying 9% more in depreciation cost to do the 36-month lease instead of 33-month.

Is there any benefit to doing a 36 month lease?? Oher than maybe you might get a better deal on your next lease if it ends in August (new model season) rather than May three years down the road. What am I missing?
    There is 7% difference in residual between 33 and 36 mo. Only 3 mo of depreciation. That's huge!

However your payment will drop a lot if you go for 48 or 51 months lease... If you can still find any remaining 2011 ML...
  • butchpbutchp Member Posts: 1
    Carman;

i want to buy 2012 ML350, p2 launch pkge. sport interior, lighting package, sport pkg. , basically a loaded car less air ride. What should i pay for this car in cash.
    Hi butchp. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 2012 ML350, but if I was in the market for one right now I personally would shoot for a selling price of $1,000 over invoice or so. You can look up this car's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.