Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• michaels90michaels90 Member Posts: 1
    I'm a little confused by the rates for June. I see posts for residual 54% and MF .00150 and previous posts for 60% and .00191. I'm currently looking at an ML350 with options that come to $53,960. The quote that is coming back is for $50,000 36 mos 15k/yr 60% residual and MF .00185 for a monthly price of $713.39 with $1100 down to cover !st month, doc fee, insp., and title. I know I should be getting this for less but how much and what are the rates i should be looking at?
  • logielogie Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman,

Do you have the MF and residual for a 30 month lease of a ML350 with a P1 package? Thanks!
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Can you give me the residual value and money factor for 24 months at 12,000 and 15,000 miles for ML 350 2012 gas version. Thanks for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi michaels90. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ML350 is .00150.

Ah ha, wait a second you may be interested in a Bluetec. If that's the case then the .00185 money factor is fine. Mercedes is not providing any lease support on that version of this truck.

I really don't have a problem with the selling price either. A relatively basic 2012 ML350 Bluetec has a spread of around $3,800 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $3,960. That's either below invoice...or less than a $1,000 over if the conquest cash certificate is being taken into account. Again either way that's not bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited June 2012
    Sure logie. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2012 ML350 non-Bluetec with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go mlevine. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 M350 gas with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for your help. My recent dealings with a local dealer were ridiculous. Increased money factor of .0017 and added about 1700 to the discounted cap cost in addition to 1500 down. This did not include 1st month payment, motor vehicle fee, or tax on monthly payment.
    You're welcome mlevine. Hang in there. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you definitely should shop around with a different dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    I will wait for July to reassess my ML 350 leasing. I have an E 350 and qualify for 6 month payment accelerator program. My goal was to find a ML 350 with at least 6K off MRSP and also apply any loyalty cash. I also checked local MB dealers pre-owned lots to see selling prices of E 350 2011 to apply positive equity to the cap cost of the ML. Not many E350's available in used car lots. A complicated , but I believe obtainable deal.
  • dante10dante10 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm planning to lease an ML350 this month and was wondering if you can provide the residuals and MF for a Bluetec 10k/12k for 30/36 Months.

Also, any suggestions as to how one should read the MB national lease program? I interpret it as what MB would consider to be a "reasonable" profit for a dealer combining both MSRP discount and MF "profit". Is this the right way to look at it? In your experience are dealers willing to go below it due to other hidden incentives? Am I leaving too much money on the table by just "settling" with the national program? -BTW I understand there is no national program for the bluetec right now. t

Thanks
  • rodk44rodk44 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a ML 550. What would be the residual value for a 2012 ML 550 for a 36 months vs 48 month lease? Also what money factor should I expect with a FICO score in the mid 700's. Also what is an acceptable cap cost to expect from the dealer? Thank you much!
  • nd_irishnd_irish Member Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man,

I would appreciate it if you could provide the money factors and residuals for a 24-, 30-, and 36-month lease of a 2012 ML350 with 15,000 miles per year.

Also, are you familiar with the USAA discount and how that factors into final pricing? I seem to be getting different stories from different dealers. Thanks!
    Hey nd_irish. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 64%, respectively for consumes who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00150 and 60%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00150 and 54%.

I believe that the USAA program provides fixed attractive prices to members on Mercedes-Benz products.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man has the residual or money factor changed on the ML350. Heard from a co-worker money factor was now .0014. Looking at 24 month 12,000 miles.
    Hi mlevine. I believe that Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor for consumers who lease a 2012 ML350 4Matic and qualify for its top credit tier in August is .00150. The residual value is 66% for a 24-month lease with 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man any loyalty cash or MB dealer cash available to help move remaining ML350. Most dealers around me giving minimal discount in July and marking up money factor, acquisition fees, and adding prep fees to final cap cost. I did not make a deal due to ridiculous prices.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    lease rate (checked this am) for an ML350 Bluetec (if you can find one) 12K lease is

24mo 72% residual; 30 months 67% residual

MF: .00165 and my dealer checked with MB and tells me that the Multiple security deposit reduction comes off the .00165 so with 10 MSD's that rate falls to .0095.

There is an additional $1000 conquest money...if you own pretty much any other car.
    There are a few ML350 bluetecs available. They either are base models without P1 package or fully loaded. The local dealers where I am do not want to negotiate as I have explained with extra fees to negate any discounts given.
  • danruddanrud Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I wanted to find out if you can lease a new M350 for 48 months? Does that make sense anymore? Please share your thoughts, thanks.
  • 123ml123ml Member Posts: 5
    Carman

Would happen to know what the MF and Residauls is for the GL 550 2012 in August 24 month 36 months or 48 month 12K or 15k
    Does anyone know of any loyalty cash or dealer cash/certificates/rebates to move the ML350 2012 gas version. Also would like to know if improved residual(>66%) is now available on 24 month and 12,000 miles a year.
    edited August 2012
    Hi mlevine. Mercedes is not currently providing any loyalty or conquest cash on the 2012 ML350. It does have $1,000 CAP certificates on it though. The M was redesigned fairly recently so Mercedes hasn't had to provide much cash support on it lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 123ml. this particular discussion is for community members to talk about the ML. Please post any questions or comments that you have on the GL over in the GL Lease Questions discussion. Thanks.

Since you're here, Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL 550 with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 63%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00140 and 52%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • tjbrunotjbruno Member Posts: 2
    Car Man -

Is there an official set of MFs and Residuals for 2013 ML350s?

I'm expecting mine at the end of August/early September.

I am looking for the numbers for 10,000, 12,000 and 15,000 miles.

Thanks!
    Car Man,

I need help on a ML350 bluetec. I see posted above the 24 month and 12,000 mile a year numbers are 72% residual and money factor of .00165. Dealer finance person states there is no such money factor that low. She is using the standard money factor of .0024. If it is indeed .00165 please send me to a link in order that I may send this to the dealer. Thanks very much for your help.
    I need to confirm the money factor of .00165 as I was working on a deal for ML 350 bluetec and was told by finance person only standard rate applies of .0021. The next day manager called when I passed on the deal and all of a sudden the money factor was .0018. Typical money factor mark up some dealers try to do. I am now looking at 2013 ML350's but would like to just prove a point.
    Hi tjbruno. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the 2012 ML. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factors.

Through September 4th, MB Finance's residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML 350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year would be 55%. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2012
    What you were told is correct, mlevine. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing lease support on diesel MLs right now. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial at this time you would have to use its standard lease program. The .00240 that you were quoted for the standard sounds slightly high, I think that .00200 or slightly lower is about right for top tier customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • tjbrunotjbruno Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man!

How can you find out what the MB "Standard Lease Money Factor" is?
  • idreamofbenzidreamofbenz Member Posts: 9
    Car_man, could you please post the rates for September, did they improve at all from August?

Interested in a 13 ML350 (2WD) 3yr / 12k

Thanks
    I asked about it, tjbruno, and apparently Mercedes actually significantly improved its standard lease money factors for September. Its current standard buy rate for top tier customers is .00160.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi idreamofbenz. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ML350 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • caltmancaltman Member Posts: 240
    Looking to get into a new ML 350 (gas) vehicle. I've been looking at 2013s, but I've noticed that some of the dealers have 2012s on the lots too.

1. Anyone know about incentives for dealers to clear the lots of them? We were also looking at 2013 GLs (coming out at end of month), and there are 2012s sitting on lots, and some people have been getting $8k-12k off MSRPs for the 2012 GLs, so I was wondering if a deep discount could be had on the 2012 MLs.

2. Car_Man, I wasn't entirely sure on your lease numbers for September for the MLs. Are there differences for the 2012 vs. 2013s? Would you kindly list the MF and residuals for a 24mo lease and 36 mo lease for 12k miles/year?

Thanks!
    Just to clarify, I'm looking for MF and residuals on 4Matic MLs, not the 2WD versions.
    Car_man, thanks but I should have clarified, what are the Sept. rates for '13s?
    caltman, just my 2 cents:

1) Dealers are definitely offering large discounts on 12 GLs to make room for the brand new model. A dealership I went to offered me a better deal on a $66k 12 GL than a $57k 13 ML. It actually would have been much cheaper to get into a GL. But it would be a tough pill to swallow to get into a PREVIOUS generation model and miss out on all the cool new features & enhancements.

Discounts aren't near as big on 12 MLs because although its the previous model year, it's still the new generation ML. If you can find a 12 ML you'll still be able to get a better deal, both in terms of price and finance rates.

Remember though, by going with a 12 ML or 12 GL you'll be missing out on new standard features in the 13 MY. Features such as mbrace2, Collision Prevention Assist, a color instrument display, etc. It's up to you how much these mean to you.

I'm going to the dealership today, I'm really hoping Car_man can let me know what the rates are for 13 MLs this month!
    Thanks!

We drove a 12 ML Bluetec earlier in the week, but I've been reading a lot about the diesels and the problems some people have been having in cold weather, so we went to drive a 13 ML350 and a loaded 12 ML550. I've gotten a decent discount so far (7.4% off sticker), but I get the sense there is more room to move despite the minimal back and forth we've had so far. We really like the power in the ML550, and of course, it's got better equipment, but at $75k+, we are in GL territory, and the 13s are out in a little bit (albeit, I'm sure the deals won't be fantastic out of the gate). Third row was something we were originally looking for, but have been test driving the MLs since there are no new GLs on the lots yet.

I really need to figure out how much more wiggle room there is on the 12 ML. I've read 9%+, but I need to confirm that somehow. Also, I need to find true MF and residual numbers on a 2 and 3 year lease. We started out at 0.0024 (standard MB MF), but then the quote with the 7.4% off was with a MF of 0.0020, so I also suspect that the true MF is lower, and they are looking like they are giving me more off when really it's padded.

Decisions, decisions.....
    So yes, I guess I'm looking for the following info Car_Man (or anyone else who knows):

1. Money factor on 12 ML350s and 550s along with residual values for 24mo and 36mo leases.

2. Money factor on 13 ML350s along with residual values for 24mo and 36mo leases.

Thanks!!
    Hi caltman. Mercedes really isn't providing much in the way of cash incentives on leftover 2012 M's, just a few measly $250 CAP Certificates. Its money factors on the '12 ML350 have gotten better over the past couple of months though.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 ML 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00160 and 66%.

While I have no specific special inside knowledge about this, I personally would be surprised if Mercedes didn't have to increase its lease support on the ML at some point over the next several months. Again this is nothing more than an educated guess from someone who has followed the industry for many years, but if I was in the market for an ML 350 and I wasn't in a hurry I might be inclined to wait.

The GLs are a different animal than the MLs. There's a ton more cash on 2012 GLs, so dealers will be able to discount them more heavily.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

Do you have the numbers for 12 ML550s for MF and residuals for 24 and 36 months respectively? And is there a difference btwn the 10k and 12k miles per year on those numbers?

Thanks!
    Ah ha, you wanted more information than I just posted, caltman.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00150 and 52%.

The numbers for the 2012 ML550 are .00160 / 56% and .00160 / 48%.

The numbers for the 2013 ML350 are .00160 / 64% and .00160 / 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2012
    Car_Man,

Don't mean to be annoying here, but I'm still just a bit confused. :)

It appears by your posts that a 2013 ML350 4Matic and a 2012 ML550 4Matic both have a MF .00160.

But I'm looking for residuals for 24mo and 36mo leases for the above vehicles for 10k and 12k miles per year, not 15k. If your residuals above are talking about only 15k miles per year, do you have the residual numbers for both monthly terms for 10k and 12k miles per year respectively?

On the 2012 ML550 4Matic I'm looking at, I'm getting quoted a MF of .0020 and a residual of 58% for a 24mo lease... looks like they are padding the numbers a bit, right?

Thanks!
    I am in agreement with Car Man about waiting. I believe the residual values on the ML 350's are too low and should be higher. My thoughts are a 36 month should be in the 62 to 64% range and 24 month about 70-72%. I have no opinion about money factors except hopefully it will be lower than standard of .0021 range. I am waiting for December, I tried to make deals in July and August, but too much extra fees and jacked up money factors killed the deals I was working on.
    I agree. I just called the dealership, and everyone has a different story about the MF and the residual values. I even called MBFS to try to get exact numbers, and they kept referring me back to the dealer. Another thing that has been frustrating is getting correct info about multiple security deposits (MSDs), if they are possible in my state, and what each deposit drops the MF by. I ran into this when I leased my BMW too. Some salespeople, and even the financial people, had NO clue what MSDs even were.

At any rate, I do really like the sales guy we are working with right now, so I'll probably move on to a 2013 ML or GL at this point. I've been quoted 3 different MFs on the 2012 ML550: 0.0024, 0.0020, and 0.0019 by various people, leading me to believe it's even lower than the 0.0019. I don't know what to believe. Most of the stuff on the internet is saying it is 0.0016 for the remaining 2012s. Also, the residuals are RIDICULOUS: for 12k miles per year for a 24mo lease is 58%, and for a 36mo lease, it's 50%. That ML550 may just sit there and continue hemorrhaging the lot in that case, I guess, unless someone decides to pay cash or finance it. Oh well.

My experience with going after (potentially) a MB has been interesting at least. When I've leased Bimmers in the past, it was easy to find MFs and residual values online monthly and know when dealerships where trying to add frosting to the cake. Oh well... I may just move onto another luxury brand.

Car_Man, if you are still following this thread, I'd love to hear if you can corroborate any of the numbers in the paragraphs I've written above in this post.
    I was very disappointed with MB usa and its financial arm as they would not provide me with MB mf and residual on the ML350 2012. I knew the dealer was marking up the mf on the deals I was working on, residual we were in agreement with. I obtain my information from this site and then talk to the manager and go over the numbers. If we are not in agreement then I try a different dealership or go to a different car company. My opinion on 2012 ML's are to take 3/4 of the 1 year residual value depreciation off MRSP(14%) on 24 month lease. Always work from invoice and up. I am sure most dealers would laugh at this. Thats why I am currently looking at ML 350 2013
    I'm still just trying to find out the residual and money factor for 36/12k on a 2WD ML350
    edited September 2012
    Car_Man,

Any word on the 2013 ML350 4Matic September Lease rates (mf and residual) for a 24mo and a 36mo and 12k a year yet? You did post a while back that a 24 mo lease and 12k miles/year on a 2013 ML350 "The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00160 and 66%." Did you mean for the 2wd or 4wd versions or doesn't it matter?

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer about the mf I'm willing to use for the '12 ML550 I'm looking at (I'll only accept 0.0016 at this point because have gotten too many wishy washy answers, and I'm finding 0.0016 for the 2012s on many of the websites). Residual on it is still less than to be desired (58% on 24mo and 50% (huh?!?!) on the 36mo).
    Car_Man,

Sorry, I've posted this twice. I realized that I "replied" to the someone else instead of you the first time....

Any word on the 2013 ML350 4Matic September Lease rates (mf and residual) for a 24mo and a 36mo and 12k a year yet? You did post a while back that a 24 mo lease and 12k miles/year on a 2013 ML350 "The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00160 and 66%." Did you mean for the 2wd or 4wd versions or doesn't it matter?

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer about the mf I'm willing to use for the '12 ML550 I'm looking at (I'll only accept 0.0016 at this point because have gotten too many wishy washy answers, and I'm finding 0.0016 for the 2012s on many of the websites). Residual on it is still less than to be desired (58% on 24mo and 50% (huh?!?!) on the 36mo).
    You're not annoying at all, caltman. You are absolutely correct, Mercedes-Benz is not providing lease support on any version of the ML right now. As a result, anyone who wanted to lease any ML at this time would have to use Mercedes-Benz Financial's standard lease money factors. Its newly lowered standard buy rate for top credit tier customers is .00160.

If your credit is in excellent shape, it looks as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark your truck's money factors up to add additional, back-end profit to your deal.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher and its residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year are 3% higher than the 15,000 mile per year residuals that I mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Don't be too tough on MB Finance, mlevine ;) . They aren't any different than any other manufacturers' captive finance company. These banks never provide lease program information directly to the general public. They always direct consumers to dealers for answers to this sort of question.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.