Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

1171820222352

Comments

  • Today I contacted a bunch of dealers within 220 miles from Tulsa, as advised here.
    I just have 2 quick questions:
    when I leased my R350, the dealer told me that if at the end of the lease I leased another MB from him, I wouldn't have to pay the end of lease, returning fee (I think around $700).
    Can someone tell me if that fee goes to the dealer or to MB, and therefore if I lease another MB (the ML) from any MB dealer, would this other dealer be able to wawe that fee?
    Also, if a dealer doesn't have the car I want but says he can get it shipped to his dealership for a fee that he wants me to pay, should I agree or try to negotiate for him to take it off (seems to me that paying for destination fee is enough already and that shipping fee should be part of the charges incurred to dealerships anyway). Also, if the dealer doesn't have the car I want in his inventory, do you think I be able to negotiate a good deal?
    Thanks for a prompt answer and wish me luck!
  • The lease termination fee goes to MB, not the dealer. MB bills you for it after you turn in the car, or waives it, depending. This is an MB program.
    The dealer pays MB the destination fee as part of the cost of the car. No getting around this. The charge is the same for all dealers.
    The dealer can charge an additional fee to locate the car you want, so take that into account when looking for the best deal.
    You should be able to negotiate a good deal either way, excepting the extra charge (if any) for securing the car you want. Of course, the dealer would prefer you take a car he has in stock. Quicker and less hassle for him.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,409
    And since you are in no real need to deal now -- if you wait a few months you will see new inventory at the dealer and save the shipping. You resolved to wait but seem to have changed back to sounding desperate to make this deal NOW. Trust me, I speak from experience when I say doing this deal now will not make your life seem better for more than 1 week. Especially if you don't get the color you want. :confuse:
  • You should definitely get the color you want. Nothing is worse than regretting the color every time you walk up to your car.
  • Was offered this lease on a capri blue ML350 4matic: $56,015 MSRP, lease price (including $2,000 lease cash) $50,000, base payment for 36 month/10,000 mile will be $592 with a total out of pocket at signing of $1966 (includes all fees and first payment).
    This dealer is 5 hours away from Tulsa, so will only consider driving there if it's a good deal.
    Already asked if that is the best they can do but would like to have some feedback on it anyway.
    Thanks
  • I still would rather wait and do this in the spring, since I loath the idea of having to drive at least 10 hours back and forth, during the busy holiday season.
    However, I would really like to have a 4WD to handle the snow and ice we sometimes get here (I live in a super hilly subdivision and 2 years ago got stuck at home for one whole week).
    Also, Vchad pointed out that the 0.00035 Money Factor was incredible and may never be back again.
    However, I have determined that unless I get the blue one, I will just wait until spring and cross my fingers that the same deals will be offered again, and that the stock for blue ML gets replenished :) .
    What do you think of the deal I just posted? it is for a blue one, but again, it's 5 hours away from here :(
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,409
    I assumed your R was awd. The deal on the ml is hard for me to judge. It seems ok if they payoff your R. There may be more of a discount off msrp. Ask for 3k more to do the deal before Dec. 31st then wait til xmas eve to reply if they say no. Maybe they will counter and you can reach a compromise. You have to communicate with a cold heart and no emotion or they won't give you the best numbers. Don't let them sense you have any sense of urgency. They want to sell a car before the end of the year so maintain control.
  • Sure .
    That's pretty easy to do since I'm really not looking forward to driving there and as I said still love my R350, except for the lack of 4WD.
    They did just reply that 50K is their best price (from $56,015 MSRP) and I replied I'd really prefer $48,500 (read your reply about not getting back to them until after Xmas one minute after sending my request for $48,500!).
    Anyway, if they turn me down, I'll wait until Xmas before trying one last time.
    At least this dealer has the car in the color I want and are very fast at replying.
    I really appreciate all the advice I'm receiving and know that whenever I get my lease it will probably be the best deal I could ever get thanks to this great forum.
  • Just read this from a dealer trying to convince me not to wait until spring: "Residuals play an important part in the calculations of your lease payment. They are higher at the beginning of the model year (now) versus the spring (towards the end). The pricing on the ML does not change but the residual drops thus costing you more for the same lease."
    Is this true? in which case I shouldn't consider waiting until spring then.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,409
    Sounds like someone wants you to buy. Residuals do drop but extra cash from MB can make up for that. Say you understand about the residuals and will consider a spectacular offer to buy now but with xmas shopping blah blah you may have to wait anyway. May have to consider a less expensive vehicle etc. Trust me -- they want to make a deal before the end of the year!!! That being said you are getting close to a decent deal on the 2010. Just be patient until the end of the month to see if it gets better. You could also get an acceptible price and say you want it shipped to you for $100 to close the deal.
    You should definitely look at the Lexus 350-Acura MDX -even the Acura Rdx if don't need a lot of room. The RDX isn't that much smaller than the ML and with awd thousands less. They should all be players in your choice -- go test drive them and see what kind of $ you will pay and if they will take your R.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,409
    I ran the numbers on your deal and came up with $606.Their offer was a bit betterthan my #'s so it isn't bad. Fees extra. You didn't mention taxes. That being said the deal is worth working for a bit more. How they respond to your offer will be interesting. Other than the first month payment I'd roll the other fees into the lease and keep the cash in the bank to pay down the increased amount. If you can get 1k off the price of the truck that will bring you to a payment close to the one you were quoted with almost zero down.[1st mo +$400] so at another 1400 off you have a very good deal. Roll it all in at the offered price. First month payment and you drive off. Taxes? You can deduct them off your fed tax. Since you are swapping cars shipping would only work if they deliver the ML and take the R You mcan do the paperwork by fax so it is possible -- worth inquiring about.
  • Right now I got a no at $48,500 but didn't push it. I asked the dealer to contact me again on the 26th and remind him I know about the $1775 dealer discount in addition to the $2K lease cash back (a different dealer told me about that discount :) ). He told me that at $47K (what I countered yesterday) he was loosing $2K, so I think, if he contacts me on the 26t we are probably going to agree at $49K (which I saw here is what people leasing cars with MSRP just 50 bucks under this one are getting lately, so not a bad deal it seems).
    I'm intrigued about your idea to have it delivered here for a fee (hopefully $100).
    I was actually considering asking them to meet me on the way, halfway between Tulsa and Kansas City, but thought they would never go for that.
    Is it possible to have the car delivered to me? What about the issue of switching lease and turning in my R350, using the lease loyalty program, how would that work? would they bring me the ML while driving away the R350?
    Sounds ideal to me, so please let me know about it.
    Thanks
  • Definitely worth asking them yes.
    I think I'll wait until the 26th (hopefully they'll have rethought the $48,500 offer, although I think they'll only agree to $49K) before asking them about the possibility of having the car delivered, and the R350 turned in.
    I'd like to know right away if it's a possibility but don't want to sound to eager, otherwise, I'll be stuck at their $50K offer I think.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,409
    Let them sit on the 48500. Now there is one other thing you can do. You can contact the sales mgr directly and make sure he knows about your best offer which you believe is fair. Make sure not to negotiate with him -- just be friendly and wish him/her a happy holiday. ;) Remind him that you are willing to drive 10 hours round trip to his dealership. You hope he appreciates that effort on your part to complete the transaction before Jan. 1st. If he gives you what you want ok but if he cries he's losing money say you weren't vcalling to negotiate just making sure he is aware of where the deal stands. Only talk to the mgr -- not your contact.
  • Now that's the part I'm not quite sure I'll be able to do.
    I don't know who the manager is, and feel weird just calling out of the blue and saying I'm not negotiating, just want to say happy holiday :blush:
    But will follow your other advice and wait until after Xmas to contact them.
  • vchadvchad Posts: 97
    hey Roxanne,

    It seems you've really caught on to this whole car buying fiasco. Jayrider has given some very good avice. Keep in mind mercedes-benz promotion runs till january 4th. Its the End of the year....End of the Quarter. They will sell you a car, trust me, your phone will ring, you can bet on it. Stick to your guns, I mean be as cold-hearted as you can, you have to be strong with your price.

    Now as for the 1775 extra discount you were saying, can you elaborate on that? it seems you have found something I have no clue on. thanks
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    It is true. When residuals drop - your monthly payment will go up. It is also true, that money factor is extremely low right now, and most likely, will be higher in spring. Even if factory will give some extra incentives - it will not help you with a lease. It may only help you with the purchase. As example: right now, there is no good leases on 2009 models, because they are considered 1 yr old, even though they are brand new - it's cheaper to lease 2010 model.
    All I'm saying: DO NOT over-negotiate. If you have a good deal on the color you want - take it and don't wait till the last minute.
    It is true - the specials are until 1/4/10. But believe me: After 12/31/09 Dealers will not have any motivation to deal with you anymore, because the month and year is over.
    But before you drive 5 hrs - you have to make absolutely sure, that they will not sell this car to somebody else while you are driving there. Because if somebody walks in and wants to buy it, maybe even pay good price for it - they will sell this car in a heartbeat. You have to complete the entire deal over the phone. They can fax you all the information including credit application. You can give them deposit by credit card over the phone. You can pay them for delivery. The delivery truck should cost about $100 - $200. Anyway you'll spend about $100 for gas, to drive back and forth. The truck will deliver your new ML and pick up your R to deliver back to the Dealership. In California, Dealers deliver cars home even if it's 5 minutes away - just ask...
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,409
    Ok, if you feel uncomfortable with the happy holiday spiel. If you haven't heard anything in a few days you can call the mgr directly -- tell him your name and the sales person. Ask if he is aware of your deal and that you are out of town. Tell him that this is not the only option you are considering. You feel the offer is fair. Have him get back in touch at his convenience.
  • Hi brentkhack. Mercedes is running a special lease program on the 2010 ML320 right now. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of this truck with 15,000 miles per year are .00096 and 52%, respectively.

    Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi brentkhack. Yes, Mercedes-Benz is still providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 ML350.

    Mercedes-Benz is assuming a $3,750 customer capitalized cost reduction in its advertised lease for the 2010 ML Hybrid. Keep in mind though that it is in your best interest as a consumer to not put any money down when leasing.

    Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I'd be happy to help you out, roxanne1010. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 ML350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00035 and 53%, respectively.

    You can and should lease any vehicle that you're interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. The less money you have to pay at lease signing, the better.

    This truck's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate. Look up the dealer invoice price of the exact model that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site and shoot for a selling price of $1,000 over or better.

    Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_Man,

    Are the numbers the same for the 2010 ML350 2WD? (ie, .00035 money factor and 53% residual)?

    Your help is much appreciated!
  • Hi cal. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ML350 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00054 and 53%, respectively.

    When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that MB is currently providing on leases of it.

    Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man, please help us.
    My total MSRP with options is $ 56,675. What should be selling price for lease? Also need residue value and money factor in following conditions:
    1. 36 months x 15,000 miles/year
    2. 36 months x 18,000 miles/year
    3. 39 months x 15,000 miles/year
    4. 39 months x 18,000 miles/year
  • Thank you for all the great info. posted in this forum. I may not have received the absolute best deal, but could not find anything better in my area (tried 4 dealers in NJ/NYC). Although its not a good idea to put a lot of money down, I received better quotes when I put more money upfront as opposed to rolling it into the monthly payments.

    The following is the deal I got. I hope it helps others in the NJ area.

    ML350, 4Matic, Black, P1 pkg, Heated Front, Running boards, Pre-Wiring, Wood/leather steering wheel. Plus 3 years scheduled maintenance.

    36 months/12k mi. yearly
    MSRP: $55,165 + maintenance (~$700)
    Money Down (includes all fees/taxes/etc.): $5,000
    Monthly (including taxes): $499

    I can forward dealer information to those interested.

    Thanks.
  • vchadvchad Posts: 97
    hi, would you mind sharing where you got this deal?

    I'm ready to get this car. email is vinodc at gmail.com

    thank you
  • Looking to get a silver ML 350 before the new year - would like to know the dealer that gave you that deal - sounds more than fair!

    Ron
  • Can you please tell me where you got this deal? i am whenzuc@aol.com
    How much did you put down above taxes and all fees? Did you give back another car as well?
  • You can send me the dealer info at rdftutor@aol.com THANKS!!
  • I have responded to those that provided their emails.

    Also, I forgot to mention in my original thread that I was eligible to receive up to $1500 fleet credit from my employer.

    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.