Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sassimizsassimiz Member Posts: 16
    Went to get prices on the ML350 last night. They didn't seem all that great and the sales person told me this was bc the money factor tripled as of yesterday...

can anyone verify this?
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    That's true - programs changed on January 12th. Everything became a lot or a little worse. Except some E-Class models now have Special Finance, that was not available before. In my previous post I mentioned that winter specials were extended until January 11th. You can check out all the current specials here: Current Mercedes-Benz Specials.
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    Storm -

I am aware of the MB winter event - what other events or special periods do they have each year?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    All the euro car companies have periodic promotions--- spring fling--summer of audi--winter event. If you can wait til the next big thing you might find a better deal.
    Usually, Mercedes-Benz Financial has massive specials in November/December to close the year. Another good time is during model change f.e from 2010 models to 2011 - usually happens around August-September. But don't get worried, that you have to wait the whole year to get good deals, because from month to month they always put some specials on some certain models - you just need to watch. The next specials update will be on February 1st. There is a good chance that ML will get some good deals, because it's a second best selling class after E-Class. If you are looking for ML - I recommend to wait until February.
  • cal_92cal_92 Member Posts: 26
    This is as good of a deal as I've seen posted. That's over $6108 off an MSRP of $51,325, or almost 12%. (Sale price of 45216.36, adding back the $2K MB lease cash.) Do you have a fleet discount of anything? This looks like an employee discount pricing.
  • frogsptfrogspt Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at leasing a 2010 ML 350
    Should I wait until after 2/01/2010 for a better dealing position. I just turned in a GL450 and they charged me fees for over mileage and disposition fee of 595.00 totalling 1300.00. If I get into another mercedes this will be waived.

What are my best negotiating points to keep my payments in low 500 and keeping my out of pocket expenses around 4000.00?

Thanks so much for your advise and assistance. I am willing to get the deal done this weekend.

frogspt
    If you lease another Benz, your disposition fee $595 + tax will be waived by Mercedes-Benz Financial. However your over-mileage will not. Dealer can work this amount into your new deal.
    If you have something to drive, then I recommend to wait until Feb. 1st.
    Your best negotiating points is to shop around. This way you make Dealers compete for your business. You should let your Dealer know, that you are willing to stay with them only if they are competitive with other MB Dealers, but they will be your first choice, because you dealt with them in the past and like their service. This approach will make your Dealer to be more aggressive to earn your business, willingly give you a bigger discount, knowing that you're shopping around.
    You can request a quote from ANY Mercedes-Benz Dealership in the USA here: Access to ALL Mercedes-Benz Dealerships in the United States
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey murphydog. The $2,000 incentive that I mentioned is paid by Mercedes-Benz. You should be able to negotiate a nice dealer discount on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new ML, td_sjc. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. As I'm sure you know, posts like this with sample lease payments are always very helpful for community members who are in the market for similar vehicles.

If you haven't already and you have the time, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone as well.

Enjoy your new truck :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • bakingageorgebakingageorge Member Posts: 17
    Yes. I was turning in my R350 and they gave me fleet discount. I called and emailed about 10 dealers (luckily in Southern Ca you can do that). Most responded by email. The deal I did I never even went into the dealer. It was all by phone and fax and they brought the car to me and took my old one away.
  • bigcat007bigcat007 Member Posts: 21
    Thank you very much, Car_man. I was able lease three ML350 4Matic 36 months, 15,000 miles with $1850 paid at lease signing for tag, 1st month lease, fee.
    Two at MSRP = 56,550 - $692 per month- had tag trasfer from GLs
    Third at MSRP = 55,000 - $685 per month- new tag

MB is charging over millage for 2 GLs $2668 & $5414. Does GAP insurance cover for over millage?
  • logielogie Member Posts: 9
    Hi- I recently leased a ML 350 4wd w/ P 1 package, runners, heated front seats, and upgraded wood wheel for 39 months, 15K miles for 750 per month including sales tax. Paid only first month payment at signing, all else was rolled in and the free maintenance was included. The 750 per month also included 6K in rolled in lease payments that were left over from a previous leased car we turned in to get the ML 350.
    GAP insurance covers the car - if it's totaled and you owe more to the bank than it's worth. It comes free if you lease through MB Financial. It does not cover the over mileage.
    If you have over-mileage - just roll it into the new lease.
  • nita5nita5 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man, I am truly new to leasing, but I have found that leasing my be the best thing for me. I love to change vehicles often, and buying doesn't seem beneficial any longer. Well here is the situation. I currently own a 2008 pathfinder in which I owe $22,000. The dealer is saying that it is worth only $19,000. I am trying to trade it for a ML 350 W2, Palladium Silver, P1 package, 19" 5-spoke alloy wheels, wood/leather multifunction steering wheel, sunroof package, trailer hitch, burl walnut wood trim, Brushed aluminum running boards w/rubber, rear seat entertainment system pre-wiring, heated front seats. MSRP $53,925, They are selling it to me for a sale price of $51, 662. I belong to USAA, so I also get a discount of $3,000. Now the salesmen told me that if I put $3,150 down at signing, my monthly payments will be $756. I just want to see if you think that this is fair with my trade in.
    I suggest you familiarize yourself with the leasing info on edmunds first. You need to find out the money factor - residual - on the lease and learn to do the numbers. It really isn't that hard. I believe 2k of msrp is way too little as a sell price even with the 3k usaa but you are upside down on your trade so that is a factor. I wouldn't rush into any mb lease until you understand the process. Take your time.
  • jsd68jsd68 Member Posts: 2
    Could some one post the current money factor for a ml 350 4matic. 36 month 12k/ miles. They are offering 54,585 msrp 48,505 cap, payment $679 with 2k down.(36 month 55% resid).
    Is it $2,000 down or $2,000 - total drive -off? Ask them what is the total amount out of pocket. Then shop them around by requesting quotes from other MB Dealers by e-mail...
  • jsd68jsd68 Member Posts: 2
    It is 2,000 drive off.
  • abydybyabydyby Member Posts: 2
    Waht are the current deals on ML 350 Blue tech. i was wondering there was diesel credit from federal gov. is this ML 350 Bluetech qualifies for the diesel credit.
  • mkbdmkbd Member Posts: 8
    Looking to lease an ML350 w/performance 1 package, running boards & towing hitch. Looking for 36 months & 12k miles/year. Anyone know the numbers? I'm in the Miami area. Thanks.
    Welcome nita5. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You are better off waiting to get something new until you are less upside down, or better yet not at all, on your Pathfinder. If you really can't wait, you may be able to get more money for your truck by selling it on your own rather than trading it in to the dealer.

Are you saying that the dealer quoted you a $3,000 discount off of the $51,662 selling price that you mentioned? If so, this price is probably between $1,000 and $1,500 over invoice. That's not bad if the dealer isn't making up your truck's money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jsd68. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 55%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,000 cash incentive that Mercedes is currently providing on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, mkbd. Mercedes-Benz Financial 's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • landrover1landrover1 Member Posts: 15
    Car man are the residuals and money factor for the 2 wheel drive ML 350 the same as the 4 Matic? Thanks
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Member Posts: 11
    We are finally pulling the trigger on the ML 350 with P1 package - MSRP $53,765. Sale price of $45,150. (this includes a USAA discount of $3,000). 36 mths; 15k/yr; Lease is $620/mth after tax; drive off is $2,300 (tags, reg., aquis. fee, 1st payment).

all in all, i think this was an excellent deal. thoughts?
    Your payment is between1.1 and 1.2 percent of msrp. Pretty decent for MB.
    Are your drive offs included in the lease payment? What options do you have on the car? is it a 4matic?
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2010
    yes, it's a 4 matic. options were premium 1 pkge and heated front seats.
    drive-offs were paid up front.
  • me33me33 Member Posts: 6
    ML 350 2W (RWD)
    12k/36 month lease
    MB Prepaid Maintenance included
    MSRP $52545
    Premium 1
    Wood Wheel
    Heated Front Seats
    Rear Entertainment Prewire
    Trailer Hitch

$1820 on delivery (includes first month, tag, title, inception fees)
    $686 per month

I did not have USAA or any special discount programs
    Hey landrover1. Mercedes' program for 2WD models is different than its program for 4WD models.

Mercedes-Benz Financial 's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ML350 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Mercedes-Benz Financial just came out with much better specials in March. They lowered ML Class short term financing to 1.9% APR. MB Financial cut they lease and finance rates across all models, especially C, GLK and CLS Class.

You can view all the special deals here: March, 2010 Mercedes-Benz Lease and Finance Specials vs. February . You can also compare the difference between March vs. February improvements.

Anyone, who was waiting for the good deals - now is time!
  • kdiamond55kdiamond55 Member Posts: 5
    I just got a nice deal on a 2010 ML350 I wanted to share. I received a lot of wonderful advice on this board and it helped get the deal I thought was terrific. I am in love with this car!

ML350W2
    650 Arctic White
    154 M-B Tex Cashmere
    P01 P01 Package: Auto-Dimming Mirrors, COMAN
    U80 : 115V AC Power Outlet
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    218 : Rearview Camera
    249 : Autodimming Mirrors
    275 : Power Dr. Seat with Memory Package
    441 : Power Steering Column
    500 : Power Folding Mirrors
    512 : COMAND System w/hard-drive Navigation
    517 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio and HD Digital Ra
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    890 : Power Liftgate
    R39 19" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels (255/50) H
    550 Trailer Hitch (Class II)
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    846 Brushed Aluminum Running Boards w/Rubber
    866 Rear Seat Entertainment System Pre-Wirin
    873 Heated Front Seats

My sale price was $49,600.

39 months/0 down just inceptions/12k miles/$639 per month plus tax

I'm in the South Florida area.
    Congratulations!
    Nice car - Arctic White with Navi...
    Mercedes-Benz extended March ML Class lease and finance specials until May 3rd. They also reduced rates for E class, GLK class, S class and R Class.

Mercedes-Benz USA records March sales of 19,637 cars - which is an increase of 25.9% over March of last year, so I guess MBUSA want to set record sales in 2010. That's why they continue to keep low rates.

You can see all the current April specials here: April, 2010 Mercedes-Benz Finance Specials vs. March, and also compare them to March specials - to see what changed.
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Guest Posts: 10
    Anyone know what the lease payment would be for a 2010 ML350 4MATIC with.....

P1 Package
    4MATIC
    Appearance Package (20" wheels)
    Parktronic
    Running Boards
    Rear Seat Climate Control

I am looking for an approximate #.

$0 down, 36 months, 12k miles per year.

I appreciate it.
    Hi s9r9d4. I would be happy to use Mercedes-Benz's actual current lease program to work up a sample payment on the vehicle that you are interested in for you. Just let me know what its full MSRP and selling price are (or at least its MSRP and invoice price). You can find that info over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • dslee1dslee1 Member Posts: 6
    ML350 2WD 2010

MSRP: $46,575
    Sales price: $41,975
    Money Factor: .00170
    36 Months
    10K per yr
    Local Sales Tax: 8.7%

I calculated monthly to be ~$595 with these figures
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Guest Posts: 10
    MSRP is about 57k
    I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new ML350 lease. The dealer has offered prepaid maintenance through Mercedes-Benz Star Service Pre-Paid Maintenance for $769. Is this a good investment? Will I save money on service over the 39 month lease with 12,000 or 15,000 a year?
  • chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    edited April 2010
    You'd have to do two 'A' ($250 each) services and one 'B' service ($560) - Chicago dealer pricing. If you use MB dealer maintenance, this will cost you at least $1100-1200 total. So with pre-paid you save, unless you go with local independent shops which I'd recommend. With independent shop you can just do three 'A' services which cost me total $300-400 with my shop: http://www.mbsauto.net/1994.html - last time I did there A service just for $99 with coupon discount . So you need to do some research what independent shops/pricing is available in your area.

The A and B services r highly overpriced by dealer: in essence they are glorified oil changes.
    If service covers brakes and rotors - you will definitely save money. If you do service independently - you have to make sure they know how to reset computer after each service and keep documentation as a proof that service has been done, at the lease termination.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    And also make sure your independent knows what to look for when performing the checklist per the MB maintenance schedule and can check all TSB's, etc.
  • icb2779icb2779 Member Posts: 25
    Before you pull the trigger - I maybe able to help you. What is the M.S.R.P., term, monthly payment, miles per year and amount due at signing you got on the ML350?
  • mightyjohnmightyjohn Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you post the rates for April on the ML350 4WD?

Thank you!!!
  • dslee1dslee1 Member Posts: 6
    Just got an offer for a 2010 ML350, 2WD, 39 months, 10K miles per yr, no options:

MSRP (including Destination Charge): $45,700 + $895 = $46,595
    Negotiated Sale Price: $43,086
    Money Factor (buy-rate): .00150
    Total Drive-Off (including 1st Month): $1,283
    Monthly Payment: $625 (which includes 8.75% Sales Tax)

There's still some room here no? Since I believe the publicized invoice for this vehicle is about $42,501?
  • mightyjohnmightyjohn Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you post the rates for April on the ML350 4WD?

Thank you!!!
    Publicized invoice by who?
    If Mercedes-Benz ML350 MSRP is $46,595, then its invoice is $43,995. Invoice is based on MSRP and it can be calculated here: Mercedes-Benz Invoice Calculator. Just enter "0" in the Gas Guzzler Tax box, because ML Class does not have any. There you can calculate invoice of any Mercedes-Benz vehicle - by yourself.

Also, if you click on SPECIALS on the same web site, you'll notice, that for just $20 more per month - you can get ML350 4Matic 4 wheel drive, which may be a better choice for an SUV. Because 4Matic is $2,500 more expensive vehicle, but it cost you only $20 per whole month.
  • powdeskierpowdeskier Member Posts: 2
    Lease coming up end of June on my 2008 ML 550 with 41K miles. I like the car, not in love with it, but would buy it if deal makes sense. Lease buyout number is currently $35,322 at end of lease, Edmunds online appraisal shows "trade in" value of $39,960 and private party sale value of $44,000. Kind of surprised value has held up so well. The dealer finance dept. rep is telling me as we get closer MB Financial should be willing to reduce buyout number.

Car is eqippped with MB tex, Premium 1 Pkg ( rear camera,hands free,rear audio,DVD nav, sirius, harmon kardon), AMG Sport Pkg., sunroof, running boards, Ipod kit,voice,CD changer

Question: What's the best way to get the lowest buyout price on a lease? Do these numbers make sense? Thanks in advance for any
    You can easily negotiate buyout at the end of the lease, if your current lease is through MBF. It's almost impossible to negotiate with any other bank. Don't start negotiating until you have 30 days left - as your account moves to the Lease Termination Department, which will contact you anyway - so don't call first (don't show interest). After they call, just ask: how much are you willing to discount if I decide to keep it? They will gladly discount it, because it cost a lot of time and money for MBF to get rid of your car after your return.

However, your car has only 9,000 miles left on warranty. If you spend all this money to finance for 5 years - you'll get at the end: 9 year old car with over 100,000 miles. I don't know if it's worth it, because you can spend a lot less money if you lease a brand new car under full warranty for another 3 years.
    You can see how much cars like yours are selling here: Certified Pre-owned Mercedes-Benz locally or nationwide., so you know the market, just wait a few seconds until it loads in real time. Of course, your car should worth a little less, because it's not certified, without extended warranty. And these prices are still negotiable, but it will give you an idea.
This discussion has been closed.