Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• kogumakoguma Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man

what's the current MF and residual on a Countryman 4wd for 7500/24months?
  • kogumakoguma Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man

You quote .00155 for S hardtop but can you also tell us what's the residual value on a 24 months/7500 miles for a S hardtop???
  • hbg3hbg3 Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man!

Can you give me the residual and MF for 36/10,000 on a 2013 Countryman S All4?

Thanks in advance
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi afadeev. If you want to go with an admittedly sweet ride like that, you are going to pay a lot to do so. Its residual values are significantly lower than they are on say the Cooper S and Mini is not providing any lease support on John Cooper Works models.

Mini Financial's April 24-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for a JCW Hardtop is only 54%. The residual for a 36-month lease of this vehicle would be 46%. this compares with 69% and 63% for the Hardtop S. Ouch.

When you take the higher price and mediocre lease program on JCW models into account it certainly looks like they really weren't meant to be leased, particularly when compared to the Base and S models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi koguma. Mini Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Countryman ALL4 with 7,500 miles per year are .00165 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi koguma I heard that Mini's special lease money factors are only available for 3-year terms, not 2-year. I'll have to look into whether that is indeed the case. If so, then you may want to switch the term that you're considering.

Mini's April residual value for a 24-month lease of a Cooper S Hardtop with 7,500 miles per year is 70%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbg3. Mini Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Countryman s ALL4 with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    One more thing everyone...keep in mind that Mini is currently waiving the first month's payment on leases of non-JCW models. This offer increases to the first two payments for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • dk512dk512 Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man. I hope this message finds you well and I want to thank you in advance for your advice.

I would like to know the residual value and money factor, top tier credit, for a 2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop please. Also, are there any incentives for a current BMW(2012 model) owner when leasing a Mini?

Thank you again.
  • I have an existing Mini Cooper S Convertible 2011 paying $398.00 per month 12k miles lease ends in November. Dealer offered: order custom 2013 countryman all4 S by end of April and they will waive the last four payments of existing lease. New lease: 36 Months,12k Miles, $540.00 with $2,457 which includes tax due at delivery. Total purchase of:$39,252.00.
  • jarobackjaroback Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    I would like to know the MF and residual on a 2013 Mini Cooper for 36 months / 15K miles. Thank you!
    Hello again Car_man. I forgot to include the details of 36 month least with 12k miles. Thank you again.
  • speck37speck37 Posts: 4
    Hi Carman - can you give me the money factor and residual for a Mini Cooper S convertible with 15000 miles per year / 3 year lease? I was told 55% / .002210 y the dealer but that seems very different from the March rate. Does Mini have a competitive 2 year lease rate as well? Thanks for all of your help! You're a great resource!
  • sarsharssarshars Posts: 1
    I would like to know the residual value and money factor, top tier credit, for a 2013 Mini Clubman. 36 month. 10k miles/year. thank you so much!
    edited April 2013
    Thanks dk512 :).

Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The only loyalty incentive that I am aware of is Mini will waive the first month's payment on leases for loyal customers. It is already waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car for everyone, so that makes two months worth for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jaroback. Mini's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mini Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure speck37. Mini's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper S Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that Mini's pushing 3-year leases right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sarshars. Mini Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Clubman with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Keep in mind that Mini is waiving the first month's payment for all customers who lease a Clubman this month. That waiver grows to two payments for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • jccsjccs Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man:

Ill be leasing a 2013 Mini Cooper manual transmission in the next 2weeks.
    I have a couple of questions.
    Could you tell me what the M-Factor and Res Value would be in a 10K, 36/M lease?
    Would it change a lot if I do it for 24/M? Also I'm borderline in tier 2, could you quote
    me for tier 2 as well? (I just purchased some cruise tix for my parents and that caused to almost max out my cc. I already paid it off but I have to wait till it gets updated to the credit bureaus, that unfortunately caused my FICO to drop 18pts!
    Do you have any idea what the lease specials be for May?

Thanks and sorry for the million questions.
    Thank you Car_man. I was able to get exactly that deal and signed for it last week. I really appreciate your help. :D
  • mvelosomveloso Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man,

what are the #s for May for the Mini Convertible, 36 month lease @12k and 10K miles?

Thanks!
  • speck37speck37 Posts: 4
    Can you also let us know the May numbers for Mini Cooper S Convertibles at 15,000 miles per year? Also, do you have any insights on the incentives for May? It looks like they might have replaced the 0 to motor lease with 500 credit for upgrades?
  • I've never lease a car before, and I am currently negotiating a lease on a 2013 MINI Countryman. The advertised rate is $245/mo based on $23,000 MSRP. I've gotten the price down on this one (heavily optioned) to $24,800. That $1,800 difference, apparently, bumps the payments up to $273/month for 10K miles or $280 for 12K miles (with advertised cash due at signing). Does that sound right? Can you tell me the actual money factor and residual for this lease?
    Hi jccs. Mini Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and I believe 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that Mini is only providing support on 36-month leases right now, so it probably doesn't make sense to go with a 24-month lease at this time.

I haven't seen the factors for other tiers, but I can look into it.

Wow, you bought your parents a cruise? That was really nice :).

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go mveloso. Mini Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mini Cooper Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly speck37. Mini Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper S Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

You're absolutely right. The lease payment waiver that Mini was providing on this car was replaced with the $500 You-ification credit, which is now compatible with leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fancybritches. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Mini Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Countryman with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jccsjccs Posts: 2
    Thank you Carman, my credit score still hasn't updated. It would be fantastic if you could provide me with Tier 2 figures. Thanks a lot
  • Great info guys.....Curious what the Money Factor and Residual Value would be for a 2013 Mini S Clubman for 12k and 15K would be?

Thanks a ton, been doing a bunch of research and glad I stumbled on this thread.

RRR
This discussion has been closed.