Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• I think that the lease incentives did end 7/1 but other people on this thread may have better info than I do. I just went through a lease deal over the weekend so I will give you my perspective. Money factor x 2400 is your interest rate. Mini,s base rate in July was .00125 which equates to 3%. Best i could get at the dealer was 3.9%. Had nothing todo with my credit score, they just markup the rate. They also increased the acquisition fee from $ 725 to 925, and it was not negotiable. The answer I got was that they are more of a boutique dealer (leased a roadster S) and you will pay more at a boutique. All this being said mini had a $1000 incentive to lease this vehicle and the dealer took another $1k off the msrp. All in all it seemed to be a fair deal. I also had a trade which they gave. Ma fair trade in value for.

There is a very good thread on top 10 leasing answers on edmunds somewhere. You should find it as it gives you some good info.

If you do decide on the mini I think you will be very happy. We are on our second one as of this past weekend and just love the brand and their cars
  • ltlladyltllady Posts: 27
    If Mini has a MF of .00125, why accept a higher MF if your credit score qualified for the MINI lease terms? How can such an increase not be negotiable?

The acquisition fee is set by the bank or leasing company, MINI, not the dealer. Why would you pay more than the actual acquisition fee required by the leasing company? How can a $200 dealer addition to that fee not be negotiable?

And what is a boutique dealer? What were the benefits of buying from this boutique dealer over a more traditional dealer?

Seems in the end the dealer allowed $1,000 off MSRP but recovered that so-called discount and a bit more via the higher MF and increased acquisition fee.
  • ltllady - to try and answer some of your very good questions so that other people don't get the wrong impression.

We definitely wanted to take advantage of the 2013 lease incentives ($1000 off MSRP from MINI), but trying to find a Roadster S equipped the way we wanted it was very difficult. We ended up 250+ miles from home to find one that was a perfect fit for what we wanted. If we didn't get this one, the next closest one again equipped like we wanted it was over 500 miles away. We looked into a transport to get it to us, but that was even more hassle.

MF - yes this is negotiable, and we definitely tried to get it down to the .00125 that is noted in this forum. Same thing with the acquisition fee. When we pressed the dealer their answer was that these are the #'s that they charge, and that each dealer does not have to use MINI's #'s. FYI - i was also quoted .002 from another MINI dealer a few months ago when it was 0.00125 also.

I knew that we had the extra $1000 off MSRP in addition to the incentive, and that the increased MF and acquisition fee were probably built in by the dealer due to this. The residual value was based upon the original MSRP though, so by taking all of this into account the we still ended up approx. $650 ahead.

The boutique comment was used by the dealership - it was meant more of the brand than the dealer. As you know MINI has a definite following of consumers, and we are definitely in that following. We really do like their product and have been quite happy with our experience with the brand. We have found that in working with dealers around the midwest that all of them are pretty straight forward to work with also. Just a good overall experience.

MINI is known for selling pretty much at MSRP, or at least this is what i have found over the years so ending up a net of $1650 below MSRP with a 59% residual value on the lease was more than acceptable to us.
  • meiji1010meiji1010 Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 Mini Cooper S Hatchback with 10,000 miles for 3 years in Southern California. Do you have the numbers for the mf, residual, and acquisition fee?

Also are there currently any incentives or rebates going on right now I should know about? I know April had a lot of good deals, and I'm afraid I've missed out on some opportunities.

Thanks!
  • weyyggweyygg Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

Can anyone please let me know July's lease money factor and residual value for 12k/yr Mini Hardtop?
    Thanks much,
  • wmondwmond Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Can you please tell me residual on a mini countryman S all4, 15k miles per year, 36 months. Sticker is $33,345 but they knocked $1500 off to calculate a $522/month payment with $0 down.

Any thoughts would be great, thanks.
  • chrisj7845chrisj7845 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I also need the July residual and base money factor for a mini cooper clubman.

Thanks!
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,971
    A reporter is looking for new car lessees. If you leased a new car in the past few months, and would like to share your story, please email your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com.
  • Possibly leasing a 2013 JCW Countryman in the next day or two -- Can you please let me know the MF and residual value for 12k and 15k?

and, do you happen to know the August numbers too? Should I wait until Thursday? or jump in before?

Thanks in advance for your quick reply -- I appreciate the help!
  • Hi Carman -- or other experts,

Any word on the lease numbers for the 2013 JCW Countryman (12 and 15k)? I would really appreciate it.

and anything you know about diving in today/tomorrow v waiting till Thursday is also a great help - Thank in advance!
  • vpekavpeka Posts: 1
    I configured a 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop with MSRP $28395 (including $795 destination charge). A dealership offered me $1500 out-of-pocket at signing and a $400 monthly, for 36 months and 10k miles/year lease.

The money factor for this calculation is 0.00165, which is on the higher end of the spectrum. The manager insist he cannot get better than this. But with the high money factor, I am not sure if I am getting a good deal.

What is your take on this? Do you think it is a good deal?
  • Hi CarMan -- are you away? Hope you are having fun!

I would really appreciate your help after receiving conflicting info from several dealers.

For top tier credit - what is the best I can hope for on a 15k lease? Or, is buying at 0.9% a worse or better idea knowing I will definitely sell/trade in 3 years? Thanks for your help!
  • Were can I get Money Factors and Residuals? Been looking online and haven't found anything accept a few tidbits on this forum. Looking for the info for a Hardtop, Paceman and Contryman.
  • Can someone please provide the Residuals and Money factor for top tier credit for a Mini Cooper Roadster JCW fully loaded for 36 months 10K and 12K miles.
  • You'll have to use BMW's standard money factor (figure .0020 or higher), and the residual is 49% and 48% respectively...

The JCW models have terrible residuals... they don't lease out very well..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Would you be able to share the current September 2013 Base Rate Money factor and Residual value for a 2013 Countryman Cooper S 36 month, 12,000 miles/yr lease?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • .00125 and 58%

• Hello - thanks always for your help.

After jumping back and forth on many vehicle options, we finally settled on Mini Clubman (base). There's a national deal running on 2013 models till 9/30 but it doesn't have all the options I'm looking for. I did get the residual information (64%) by using MSRP and residual value listed in the disclaimer. I'm assuming I can negotiate MF down to 0.00125.

Can you confirm the Residual and MF for 2013 clubman base on a 3yr 10k miles/yr lease?

I'd also like to find out same for 2014 model as I'm having tough time finding right combination in remaining 2013 stocks in my area (NJ).

Lastly, is there an incentive running on either 2013 or 2014 models now? I'm not seeing much discount for 2013 models.

Thanks!
  • I show .00125 MF and 62% residual on a base 2013 Clubman for 36mo/10K.

.00127 and 61% residual for the 2014...

I don't have incentive information.... but, it seems the incentives are built into that high residual on the 2013 model...

regards,
    kyfdx