Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    Carman, would also like the same info plus residula for June on altima SL

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi khriscota. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima 2.5 SL Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00107 and 55%. You don't want to lease this car for 42 or 48 months. Nissan is not providing any support on those terms and its money factors for them are more than double the 36 - 39 month factors.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima Hybrid are .00184 and 55%. The money factor for a 39 month lease is the same, but the residual value is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi John. See post 1023 for the info that you're looking for. I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gpb59. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima 3.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • squeeky088squeeky088 Member Posts: 1
    Today I heard a deal on the radio for leasing any 2009 Nissan for $79 down and $79/month. Has anyone else heard of this deal? Is there a catch? I would usually assume that for $79/month they would up the money you have to put down, so i'm wondering what the catch with this deal is. Anyone else gone to check this out?
  • teddyteddyteddyteddy Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2006 Altima 3.5 coming off lease and I'm looking to lease a new one.

I was quoted a lease price of 359.00/ 39 months/ 15k miles sign and drive. MSRP 30,720.00 is this a good price? Massachusetts This was a first quote via internet/
    Please advise.

My 2006 was 36 months with 30,100 msrp at 339.00
  • apsxuapsxu Member Posts: 1
    My 06 Altima is coming off of lease, so I'm looking at the new Altimas. I was quoted a price of $300 a month for a 15k miles/year, 39 month lease on a 2.5S with the Convenience Plus package with only my first month's payment due at signing. Is this a decent deal? The first dealership I went to told me the lowest he could go was $333 a month on this car, so I went to a different dealership. This salesperson swears that the $300 deal is a GREAT deal, but I want to be sure about that.
  • clasysclasys Member Posts: 30
    While $300 per month with only 1st payment due at signing for 2.5S with Convenience Plus ($24,410 MSRP according to carsdirect.com) sounds not bad, there is really IMO no accurate way to fully access lease deal without all required parts of lease formula: MSRP of the car, selling price, residual value and money factor used to calculate monthly payment. Also, your credit rating plays important role in this. What looks like a great deal for someone with relatively low credit score, is unacceptable for one who has top tier credit, thus qualifies for top tier money factor offerings from a leasing company.

As I said above, $300 with just 1st payment due at signing (assuming that all taxes/fees etc are indeed rolled into the payment) looks decent. If you can find out at least 3 of aforementioned 4s: MSRP, residual and money factor that dealer used to calculate your $300/mo, it will be easy to calculate selling price and give you more accurate assessment.

Meanwhile, just to give you an idea: exactly a year ago I was able to negotiate the following deal on Altima 2.5 SL with Connection Package ($27,500 MSRP): $550 due at signing (including 1st mo payment) + 38 remaining payments of $309 per month on 39 mo lease with 12K mi per year, all taxes and fees included. While this was a long time ago, I'm still seeing comparable deals on similarly equipped Altimas listed here now.

Hope this helps.
  • teddyteddyteddyteddy Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to lease a nissan altima 3.5 SL MSRP 30720.00 I was quoted a price for 36 months sign and drive for 339.00 /15 K miles I do not know the residual. I have top tier credit. Is this a good deal.,
  • clasysclasys Member Posts: 30
    Does your $339 include tax? Does sign & drive mean no money due at signing at all? What about 1st month payment you usually must pay upfront to take the car off the lot? Is it waived? Assuming that all taxes and dealer fees are rolled into your payment and all you have to pay due at signing is 1st month, it looks like an excellent deal to me. Considering current money factor and residual that can be found here thanks to our host CAR_MAN, it looks like dealer went well under invoice to arrive at $339 for $30,000 car with nothing @ signing. Again, this is only true if all taxes and fees are included into the payment.
  • anatolychanatolych Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease a 3.5 SE Coupe with premium package ($30800 msrp). Over the phone I was offered $360 per month with $1500 down. I think this does not include fees/taxes. I want to back into what is the implied sale price. Car_Man and KYFDX, do you know what current money factor and residuals are for 36m /12K year lease? Greatly appreciate your feedback on this offer.
    Thank you
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I am Looking for a sharp deal on a lease now considering the Altima. I was quoted on 12K/39 months 2.5 SL with tech/connection package 330 plus tax in south Fla. Seems like a pretty sharp deal based on the ameneties of the car. I saw JD power gave the Altima high marks. The dealers I called told me they really dont offer much with the 3.5 SL as they move peoplefrom that car directly to the Maxima and they sell or lease few 3.5 SLs.

Rob
  • joeygtpjoeygtp Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I am trying to get an Internet quote on the Altima. I am using Edmunds' Quick Quote, providing specific information as to what I need including options, miles per year, no trade in, excellent credit rating, etc, etc. I have yet to receive an actual quote from any of the three dealers I copied on my request. All have emailed me, and called me on the telephone asking for "more specific information to ensure they serve me better". I have answered the emails and the phone calls and given all the information they asked for. The best I got was a ballpark figure of "high $200s". One dealer flat out told me on the phone that he wouldn't do an Internet quote because the guy down the street would beat him by $1 and he'd lose the deal. All the dealers were very anxious to get me to come on down, and to bring my 13 year old clunker as they had a waiting list for "station cars". Has anyone been successful in getting Internet quotes from Nissan dealers on Long Island? I used Quick Quote for a Honda Accord, and received a quote without any issues at all. I am very hesitant to walk into the dealer without any ammo!!
  • gdfaulknergdfaulkner Member Posts: 6
    I'm wondering if you can provide the NMAC current money factor and residual for:
    Altima Sedan 2.5S 36 month lease/12K miles
    Altima Coupe 2.5S 36 month lease/12K miles

Thanks very much!!!
  • derfsonderfson Member Posts: 14
    WOULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT THE JULY MONEY FACTOR AND RESIDUAL WILL BE AND IF THERE WILL BE ANY KIND OF REBATE ETC. THAT CAN BE USED WITH THE LEASE. LEASE ENDS END OF JULY. FOR BOTH THE COUPE AND SEDAN.

THANK YOU
    Hi squeeky088. That sounds like an advertisement from a local dealer rather than an official Nissan ad. Perhaps this is one of those ads that contains a disclaimer stating "only one vehicle available at this price" or perhaps this is a 60 month lease because I can assure you that if one could really lease an Altima for 36 months at $79 per month with nothing down I'd have one sitting in my garage right now.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello teddyteddy. I personally feel as though the best way to evaluate a lease is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what it is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey apsxu. To me, the best way to evaluate a lease is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what it is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, anatolych. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, gdfaulkner. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Sedan 2.5 S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 58%, respectively. Tthe numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Altima Coupe 2.5 S with an automatic transmission are .00195 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi derfson. See my previous couple of posts for an idea of what Nissan's current lease program is like. If you are interested in a different trim level, let me know and I can tell you what the specific lease program for that car is like right now.

As far as cash incentives go, Nissan's normal consumer cash is not compatible with its special lease program. However, it is providing a $500 4th of July bonus cash incentive on this car through today that is. There's also a grand for anyone who trades in a GM or Chrysler product.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    The problem with the Nissan national leases the large amount of money they demand down.

First, money paid up front on any leased car is generally a very bad idea from the consumer's standpoint.

Second, comparing lease deals from one manufacturer to another is complicated by the differing terms regarding how much money, if any, is required at lease signing.

The easiest comparison to make is to ask the dealer to give one a simple no money down, first month payment only, sign and drive lease. That way, one can compare apples to apples, and not apples to oranges.
  • rsl_designrsl_design Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I am looking to lease a 2009 Altima SE Coupe w/premium package, sport package and moonroof. I am currently leasing an Infiniti G35x, which is due very soon.

I would only like to pay $250 - $300 per month for a new lease. I just spoke with a dealer who quoted its best price of approximately $35k and monthly payment around $350/month.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks!!
    Hi Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 2009 Altima SE Coupe w/premium package, sport package and moonroof. I am currently leasing an Infiniti G35x, which is due very soon.

I would only like to pay $250 - $300 per month for a new lease with 12k miles per year. I am flexible on the number of months. I just spoke with a dealer who quoted its best price of approximately $35k and monthly payment around $350/month.

Is this a good deal? What should I expect to pay? I would love to only pay $250/month, but the dealer claims they cannot meet that price with the premium package, etc.

I would love your insight!

By the way, I am in the DC area.

Thanks!!
  • r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    The MSRP is $31,335, where did you get $35k from?

35k is way too much money to pay for an Altima.

I think you should be around $27000 with Taxes.

As for the lease, I think mid 300s sounds reasonable. With very little money due at signing of course.
    Sorry, you are right. I misspoke. Sticker price is ~$31k.

The dealership just called me back with a monthly payment of $340, assuming $1,000 down. The lease would span 39 months and 12k miles. It would also include free oil changes and filter and free gas (every now and then).

What do you think?

Thank you for your help!
    The "every now and then" only referred to the free gas. Of course, the dealership would not like for their customers to abuse that privilege and stop in every day for free gas, but they seemed amenable to weekly or bi-monthly.

The free oil change/filter covers the life of the lease.

Thanks again for your help!
    The "every now and then" only referred to the free gas. Of course, the dealership would not like for their customers to abuse that privilege and stop in every day for free gas, but they seemed amenable to weekly or bi-monthly.

The free oil change/filter covers the life of the lease.

Thanks again for your help!
  • altimalover90altimalover90 Member Posts: 10
    Hi I'm 19 barely any credit and I want to lease a base model 2009 altima MSRP: ($19,900) with no money down. Do you think I can do it???
    $340 a month including taxes plus $1000 due at signing doesn't sound bad.

I doubt you'll be anywhere close to $250. Maybe $325. After all you are taking a loaded Altima.

I'd try a few other dealers in your area to see if they can beat it.
    Sure you can! No credit? No Money? No problem!

Just kidding..

Anyway, I think you can get a decent deal even with little credit history. What kind of monthly payment are you looking for?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I seriously doubt it. Leasing requires a fairly good credit score. I have heard 640 as a minimum, but I know third party banks require 675. The lease specials you always see advertised require a 700-720 minimum score.

You can get your score at places like equifax.com for around $20
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I know they have 3 tiers of credit on leases, not sure which tiers correspond to particular credit scores but Tier 1 is obviously the best.

Also keep in mind that when you have bad/no credit sometimes the monthly payment is so high that it kills any deal.
    Thank you!!!
  • mambwe33mambwe33 Member Posts: 4
    I drive a lot so I usually purchase extra mileage in advance. I am looking at leasing a 2009 Altima 3.5 SL with 22,500 miles/year for 39 months.

The sticker on the car was $30,720.
    Selling price $27,831
    Payment $440

Does this sounds like good deal? What are the residuals and money factor on this car?
  • kcrx72002kcrx72002 Member Posts: 4
    is the money factor the same for the 3.5 as for the 2.5? i would like to get a 3.5s 6 spd for under 300 including tax per month with only 1000 out of pocket. is this possible for a 39 month lease?
    ITS AN OK DEAL..MONEY FACTOR(15,000 MILES PER YER WHICH IS ABOUT 2.6 % APR..RESIDUALS 56%)
    BEFORE I GIVE YOU FURTHER DETAILS WHAT IS YOUR CREDIT SCORE BECAUSE IT WILL STRONGLY DEPEND ON IF YOU CAN EVEN LEASE DA CAR AND I'M NOT SURE IF DA MONEY FACTORS ARE THE SAME BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I FIND OUT.
    credit scores are about 740
    Oh yes you are in great shape. The money factor is 15,000 miles per year(.00107) so that's about 2.5 % with the residual 56%
    i was looking at the 3.5SE as suggested with a std transmision tech package and sport package. invoice on this vehicle is 27375. Is the 1500 rebate available toward the lease?
    why are you yelling and spelling the, DA?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    yelling?
    typing in ALL CAPS is considered yelling, thus rude.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Rebates are for FINANCING(purchasing a vehicle)..
  • homie3368homie3368 Member Posts: 11
    hi everyone, this is my first post. does anyone know the money factor and residual for a 2009 altima sedan s..36month,,15,000mi,,,of course for this month..lol. im trying to calculate a good price to pay on a lease. i plan to start hunting this week. i;am not going to put any money down.

thanks...homie
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    hi, I test drove a 2.5SL the other morning and asked the salesman if the steering wheel controls and homelink buttons are illuminate at night. The salesman told me that only in the 2.5SL and 3.5SL are the steering wheel and homelink buttons illuminated at night. I wanted to find out from anyone else who has test drove the altima if this is true? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • dolphandolphan Member Posts: 1
    I just leased the 2.5SL with connection package 2 weeks ago. The steering wheel buttons illuminate, but I don't recall the homelink doing that. However, I highly recommend the car. It is much quieter and a better ride than the maxima i turned in and the inside is much nicer. I paid $2k total down (I know, I know, but I had a very good reason for this), and $285/month including tax. I personally don't think you need the 3.5. The maxima was a V6 and I don't miss the reduction in HP.
  • jay137jay137 Member Posts: 17
    I agreed to $2000 down, pay off my trade and $199 per month for 39 months. I then was to take the car for a test and the "sales manager" said he couldn't go with the deal he offered in the first place.
    Henderson, NV Nissan?
    I walked!
  • joeynymjoeynym Member Posts: 1
    hi everyone, love this forums....

Anyways I p/u a 09 Altima 2.5sl with Convience plus & connection package, basically bose/leather package w/out navi & spoiler for 1500 total out of pocket & 299.99 per month. last minute added on spoiler @ 308 a month. good deal??
This discussion has been closed.