Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Jerry. Thank you very much for the kind words. Congratulations on getting your new car. In the long run you're right, you are driving a brand new car for only $17 more per month. If that will make your drive to Florida more pleasant, and as someone who once did it in a non-air conditioned Honda Civic with a manual transmission many moons ago I certainly can sympathize, then I can understand why you made the move. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'd be happy to help you out, mdspinner. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Altima SR Sedan and 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that the numbers are exactly the same for the SL.

You are correct, Nissan is currently providing a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive on the 2012 Altima Sedan to current NMAC lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey 67breaker. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

NMAC's residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. I'm not sure if NMAC offers 10k leases on Nissan Division vehicles, but if it does its residual values for that allowance are likely 2% higher than its 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • misslaumisslau Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman (or anyone else who can answer this),

Is Nissan still leasing 2011 Altimas? And if so, do you know until when? I'm considering leasing a 2011 but am not sure if they've already switched to 2012.

Thanks!
    Yes, misslau, Nissan is indeed still leasing 2011 Altimas. It's difficult to say how long Nissan will continue to offer lease support on '11 models for, but I suspect that it will be there for another couple of months.

Car_man
    Host
  • christina419christina419 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am shopping around for a 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S coupe. I am looking to LEASE. I have very specific demands about what I want and I am not willing to compromise. I have been to several dealers and the closest dealer that has the car I want is in MA. I live in central NJ.

The last dealer said they were willing to have it shipped from MA. The price they gave me for the 2012 Altima coupe was $3,000 down and $360 per month. The coupe has the convenience package, the premium package, and the leather package, which includes the moonroof, HID's, heated seats, BOSE audio, etc.

I am not trading anything in. The original price they offered was $457 per month to LEASE including taxes and fees and I got up to walk out. MSRP was $32,850 with the packages. They said they would work with me and I talked them down to $360 per month including taxes and fees.

I am in NJ so I am subject to a %7 sales tax as well, which is included in the price. They do have to ship this car from MA and I did not want to go all the way up there to get the car myself and put that much mileage on it driving it back.

What are your thoughts on this offer?
  • iccars2iccars2 Member Posts: 1
    2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S with SL Package for $25,700. MF .00099, 59% residual, 39-months w/12,000 miles at $340 monthly (incl tax). There is a $1600 due at signing, with none going towards down payment. $1,000 NMAC not given. Do you have to apply to NMAC direct for the $1,000? Monthly payment seems high to me.
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    I just leased a 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL with Conv Pkg, Conv Plus Pkg, Premium Audio, and Floor Mats for $268 a month plus 7% tax for 24 months. Total due at signing was $1,000 (First month payment, Acq fee, DMV Fees/Title). Cap Cost of the vehicle was $25,500. They also threw in a rear spoiler.

Seemed like a fair deal to me.
  • john420john420 Member Posts: 97
    Can you tell me how many miles you got a year? Also, what was the MSRP?
    Thanks
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    MSRP was around $28,500, 12k miles per year
    Sorry, I have another question. Do you know what the money factor and residual they where using for the 24 month lease?
    Also, if this was purchased in NJ what town was the dealer?

Thanks for your help
    Hi Carman,

Can I get the money factor and residual for a 2012 Nissan ALtima 2.5SL 15k for 24 months

also

Can I get the money factor and residual for a 2012 Nissan Altima S Coupe 15k for 39 months
    and 15k for 24 months

Thanks again
  • wanttoleasewanttolease Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 Nissan 2.5 S Sedan with the SL package. Black on Black. How much should I be looking at for price, MF, residual? Thanks!

I've got immaculate credit.
    You sure can john420. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 Altima Sedan 2.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Altima Coupe S are .00230 and 62%. the 39 month numbers for this car are .00141 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wanttolease. Nissan is not providing lease support on the 2011 Altima any longer. If you really want to lease one, you probably would be better off going with a 2012 model. If you're set on going with an '11, you probably would be better off financing it through NMAC at 0% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • 525i04525i04 Member Posts: 12
    Leased a 2012 3.5SR with premium and sports package and floor mats for 39 months with truly 0 down at $290/month with 12k miles/year. I am in NC which has 3% sales tax and that is included in the $290. MSRP was around $31,000 and sale price was $27,500 with 58% residual. I thought I got a good deal. What do you guys think? Exterior is dark slate with charcoal interior.
    Hi carman,

Can you please tell me what the September lease rates are for a 2012 3.5 SR Sedan or Coupe with Premium and Sport packages?

Thanks!
    Do you know what your money factor was? I'm assuming you're referring to a Sedan as well. I'm looking at basically the same specs so I'm curious. I'm located in Seattle and it looks like my rates may be higher as well.
    Hey,
    The MF was 0.00047 and yes this is a sedan.
  • kmlgrl06kmlgrl06 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone that can help me I would appreciate it. I am looking to lease a car. I know nothing about leasing. It's all new to me. Patpecknissangulfport.com is advertising a 2012 Nissan altima 2.5 S for $0 down $199 a month. Sounds good but what's the catch and what do I need to ask when I call about it? Thanks bunches!
  • eleven03eleven03 Member Posts: 17
    Hello Car_Man, do you have the September lease rates on a 2.5S for 36 months for both 12k and 15k miles? (what is the general rule on res going from 12k to 15k, is it 2%?)

Thanks.
    Hi misslau. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Altima Sedan SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Altima Coupe SR are .00141 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kmlgrl06. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, eleven03. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Altima Sedan 2.5 S with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

While normally residual values increase by 2% when switching from 15,000 miles per year to 12,000, I believe that NMAC bumps its resids by only 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • kmlgrl06kmlgrl06 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I think 199 a month 0 down may be about the best deal around me... I am going to see what they can do about getting me an altima with leather & sunroof for the same price maybe. If not, I am definately going to try to get them to throw in a maintenance package and lower the mileage overage rate from .25 to. 10 or. 15. I read those articles but the payment calculator makes no sense to me haha. Thanks again!
  • eleven03eleven03 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Car_Man, there is none better than you!!
    You're very welcome, kmlgrl06. Good luck in your quest for a new Altima. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks eleven03 :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • meinnocenthameinnocentha Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5SL with some Nismo factory upgrades (fully loaded altima minus navi). I love my car, but family needs has forced me to find a bigger vehicle. Im not a fan of any of nissans SUVs or the Quest. Im looking at the Sienna...

How do i go about getting out from the Altima? Im only 12 months into the lease on a 39 month lease. I would owe 11,200 in payments or 24K payoff (according to the nissan financial site).

ive looked at trading it in, id obviously be upside down with the car only being worth about 17-19K. Whats the best way to negotiate a trade in? Is selling it back to Nissan an option? Can a Nissan dealer buying it for my remaining payments plus termination fees? (i know they could buy it and flip it for a huge profit)
  • excellenceexcellence Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    Leased on Sept 30 at a Texas Nissan dealership:
    36 month 15,000 miles/yr
    Msrp 24,570
    Cap cost 21,691
    Acquisition fee 595
    Title, license, reg 102
    Doc fee 50
    Taxes 0 (said they gave me a "tax credit" - Texas law normally charges full sales tax on a lease)
    MF .00047
    Residual 58% = 14,250
    Down payment 0, total due at signing = 247 (first payment)
    Monthly payment = 247
    They threw in window tinting, nitrogen in tires, fabric protectant, some other minor things.
    Took most of the day to get this deal. Not really sure but I think I did ok.
  • northeaster1northeaster1 Member Posts: 1
    Good Evening CarMan. Could you please provide the latest residual and money factor for a 12000 mile per year 2012 Altima SL Sedan, as well as any changes to current incentives? Your information allowed me to "impress" the GM at a Honda dealer three years ago. Looking to do the same for an Altima soon. Thanks so much in advance...
  • carguy144carguy144 Member Posts: 6
    Not to burst your bubble, but I leased a 2011 Maxima SV with cold and monitor package (loaded with everything but nav). Sticker $36500, cap cost $29500, $500 at siging for title, plates and first mo payment (so esentially o down). $283 a mo plus tax ($299 total) 39 mo/39k miles...
  • excellenceexcellence Member Posts: 7
    Congrats carguy, it sounds like you got a good deal on a Maxima. I appreciate this forum - it helped me get my deal on an Altima. I hope others benefit from us posting our info. Speaking of which, I posted the wrong payment - it is 244/mth not 247.
  • travisfctravisfc Member Posts: 1
    Good Day everyone.

Learned a lot in the past few hours reviewing this forum and thought I would ask for some help to see what I should.

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe (3.5L 6 speed) that I leased in 03/08 - it was a 4 year lease (15k per year). I was a little young and dumb at the time and traded in a car I owed a lot which caused my payments on the Altima to be VERY high.

My monthly payments with tax are roughly 656.00 a month. Ouch...I know right. I have been paying it monthly but with 4.5 months left in my lease I have about 500 miles left till I hit the 60k mark and have started exploring my options.

The current payoff for the car is 13,304 - and from my research the dealer could sell the car for around 18,000 if I took it in today.

Being my first lease I am not sure the process now - If I go to the dealership and inquiry about a new vehicle with a loan or lease what would the process be. Would I have to have a down payment if my credit is above avg and with my payoff being what it is?

I have seen the Nissan loyalty program where they will pay off the last 3 months if they can get you in a new lease - which I would be up for

I guess I am just looking for some advice and feedback

Thanks guys!
    Let's see if we can help you out again, northeaster1 :). Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Altima SL Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00047 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that Nissan is currently providing a $500 dealer cash incentive on the 2012 Altima Sedan that can be used in conjunction with this lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • dagsydagsy Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car man,

Is the money factor and residual value for october the same for an altima 3.5 SR CVT, 12,000 miles/year 36-month lease?

MSRP is 31,800
    "internet price" 24,352
    includes current manufacturer incentive
    options are aluminum kick plate,premium package,sport package,floormats

thanks in advance and more power to you.
  • dagsydagsy Member Posts: 8
    correction
    msrp is 31,180

thanks
  • moml111moml111 Member Posts: 6
    I am located in North Carolina also, and I would like to know if you could let me know the dealership who gave you this offer. Do you have a particular salesperson you would recommend?
    Hi Carman,

Can you provide the residual and MF leaes rates for October for the following?

Altima Coupe 2.5S with all the packages and typical mileage (10k or 12k) for 39 mo
    Altima Coupe 3.5 SR with all the packages and same values above
    Altima Sedan 2.5S with all the packages and same values above
    Altima Sedan 3.5 SR with all the packages and same values above.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want but in the meantime would like to be able to calculate some sample payments.

Thanks!
    Hi dagsy. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan CVT with 12,000 miles per year are .00047 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, misslau.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Altima Coupe 2.5S with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the other versions of this car that you mentioned are as follows:

2012 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR: .00141 / 56%
    2012 Altima Sedan 2.5 S: .00047 / 58%
    2012 Altima Sedan 3.5 SR: .00047 / 58%

Car_man
    Host
  • m3shm3sh Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking to find out if I signed up for a lease at a reasonable price as I have been told that I overpaid... essentially what would be the lowest I couldve bargained for. This was a new lease with no trade in's and no prior dealership exp.

I leased a :
    Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S 2012 --- 39 Month Lease, 12,000 Miles Per Year, Zero out of pocket -(including tax, title, fees etc.) @ $365 per month. (including 1st months payment - so 38 payments) in the month of October.

Sticker Price: 30,635 w/: Convenience Package, 2.5S Premium Package, Leather Package, and Technology Package.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  • meinnocenthameinnocentha Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2010 Altima 2.5SL w the nismo package, i leased for 39 months in oct 2010, 30K car also... no out of pocket, i pay 394 a month...
  • drscottfdrscottf Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hi. i am looking to lease a 2012 nissan altima SL with convience, convience plus, and audio packages. 39 month lease and 15000 miles. i am trading in a 2009 nissan maxima on a lease which would end in may. residual payoff amount is about 21000. the dealership offered 305 a month with 1500 down. does this sound like a good deal?

thanks
    scott
    Sorry but I haven't logged in this forum for a while. I got the deal at Leith Nissan in Apex off of Hwy 55. I know I can't post the name of the sales person but the name of the salesperson is the same as the hurricane that hit NC in 1996 :-)

Moderator - please remove the last comment if it is not allowed.
  • drscottfdrscottf Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I just wanted to update you on the deal it got. I ended up signing a 39 month lease for 15k miles. selling price of car was 23800. lease for 249 month (with taxes) 1500 down
  • mtwow789mtwow789 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I just got a quote for 2012 Altima 2.5 SL sedan. The list price is $28,200 and sales price $24,300. For 39 month, 12,000mi/yr, the monthly price is $295 with no money out (38 payments).
    Is this a good deal for a SL?

If this is a so so, I think I am more comfortable financial wise, if I go for standard 2.5S. I am looking $200~250 monthly payments. I live in SC.

But if this is a good deal for SL, I wouldn't mind paying $50 extra for more options...
    You should be able to do better. I leased a 2012 3.5SR for $290/month for 39 months with truly 0 down in NC. Your quote is $5 more per month for a 4 cylinder.
    edited November 2011
    That seems really good deal. I wonder how you got it? I have contacted the sales person and asked for lower payment, but he is telling me other needless options (nitrogen, pinstripes) that can be added instead of actually working with the number. I am thinking about directly asking to apply the 58% residual percent Car_Man has posted above. Also the lease calculator based on Edmunds is giving out different value than what this sales person is saying. I am actually getting around $230 with the numbers sales person gave me. I have linked my google excel sheet.

My Lease Excel
    Hi Carman,

Can you provide the residual and MF leaes rates for November for the following?

Altima Sedan 2.5S with standard packages like Special Edition and typical mileage (10k or 12k) for 39 mo
    Altima Sedan 2.5SL with all the packages and 12000mi/yr for 39 mo

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.