Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi altima11. The only really negotiable aspect of leased vehicles is their selling price. You have already assured yourself of getting a good price on this car, so you don't have to worry about that. The other main aspect of leases that dealers try to make money on is vehicles' money factors. Dealers are often allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up to add additional hidden profit to deals. Fortunately, the factor that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan's current buy rate for this car. So basically, this Altima lease is not negotiable, but it is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi apz29. While most manufacturers' advertised lease payments have some sort of down payment to make their monthly payments look more attractive, it is actually in your best interest as a consumer not to make any down payment at all when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make any sort od capitalized cost reduction when leasing vehicles. The main reason why I do so is because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears. Your best bet would be to lease this car with no down payment and to use the $500 college grad cash to negotiate as low a selling price as possible or to pay the $550 acquisition fee that Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. charges on every vehicle that it leases. Selling your current car to CarMax is a good idea. You can then use then proceeds from it to make several of your lease payments or better yet, invest it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello
    I just leased 2006 Altima 2.5S for 36 months NOT RECALLED
    i paid $650 out of pocket including 1st month payment and my monthly payments are $247.50 Dealers that i went to before kept calling me to see if I bought i car already. When i tell them yes they ask me how much. When I tell them how much I'm paying a month they tell me its very very very unrealistic. It got me worried a little. Does 247.5 a month seems unrealistic? I just want to make sure there wont be any charges in the future
    thank you
  • I just got off the phone with the nissan sales guy that I'm currently trying to make a deal with. The deal that looks like will get approved is a 2.5S with convenience package. It will be a 39 month lease (12k miles a yr) for $320 a month with no money down. But, he said i have to pay $1500 for registration, title, etc. Is this a good deal? or am i getting played? When i went into the dealership on saturday, the residual value they quoted me was 61% and the money rate was 0.002917.
  • Here is my deal(signed Nov,9th) ,
    I qualified for all rebates($1500), discounts($1000 + $?) ,inicetives( $1000 +$? ), loyalty customer program($?), easy deal no hassle - dealt with a general manager.
    Altima2.5S SpecialEdition with aluminum wheels(last one there), AutoMate, and etc. (sticker price over $23000),no demo vehicle-ODO with only 41 miles.

24mon. 15k miles/year , 0 down, $278/mon. with tax (for my zip %7.4), also free maintenance - SWEET.
    I believe my residual value is %62 or %61 but I'm sure I qualifed for 0.00033 money factor(less then %1 APR) through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC).
  • Do you guys(carman) think a base models 2.5s automatic with next to no options is a good deal for $259 a month 12k a year 39 months with zero down????
  • Hi plohish1. It sounds to me as though this is just sour grapes on the part of the salespeople who are following up with you. It is highly unlikely that the dealer you got your car from will attempt to change the terms of your lease in the future. If you would like, I can give you a thorough analysis if your deal. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with your car's full MSRP, selling price, and mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi simon76. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings aceonthebeach3. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Carman,

Do you happen to have any info on the current lease programs available on the '07 Models. I'm looking at either a 3.5 SE or SL, 15k/year, 36 Months. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • While having my 1999 Altima serviced, inquired about leasing a 2006 Altima Special Edition. THe MSRP is $ 21,535, the sales price is $ 20,309 ($ 200 aBOVE INVOICE), the invoice is $ 21,109. mY MONTHLY PAYMENT FOR 39 MONTHS WOULD BE $ 305.00, WITH $ 1,600 DOWN. u ASKED FOR THE CAP ARATE AND WAS TOLD 3% INTEREST. tHE PURCHASE PRICE AT THE END OF THE LEASE WOULD BE $ 11,198. I realize that I just popped in as I was there for 2 hours waiting for my car to be serviced, BUT THIS LOOKS LIKE A TERRIBLE DEAL FROM A DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED MY 1999 ALTIMA AND MY 2000 SENTRA SE! Please tell me what I should be able to get the Altima for?
  • I dont think that dealer is telling you the real deal for the Month of November on 2006 Altimas.. THe money factor we got was .00025 which is .61% interest.yes...below 1%!!
    $500.00 cash back on the lease PLUS Nissan paid the sales tax on the car.
  • Here in Tampa FL, I am getting deal for 2006 Altima 2.5 S w/Special Edition for 249 / Month with 0 Down.

Please Let me know if its good deal
  • I have deal to lease a 2007 3.5SL with a price of 27.712 and a MSRP of 29,455. The lease would be for 36 months and $686 down. The monthly payments are $467.The miles would be 15K a year. My purchas price at the end of the lease is $16,939. Is the a good deal?
  • does anyone know this months (december) exact 06 altima lease promos? like mf, rebates, etc...

ive been told the dealer has a $540 holdback and there is $500 lease cash plus a 0.00025 MF. anything else i should know about?

thanks, nick
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, newt250. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Altima 3.5 SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00259 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Altima 3.5 SL are .00259 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi berea1. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you probably will be able to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima for slightly over dealer invoice minus the $500 lease cash that is currently available on it. Once the lease cash is subtracted it would bring you to around $300 under invoice. Once you have arrived at an attractive selling price, have the dealer that you are working with calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00025 and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi chiku18. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings salmon06. A base 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SL has a spread of $2,135 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. The discount that you were quoted for this car, $1,743 looks pretty good to me, but it wouldn't hurt to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: KarenS, "Nissan Altima: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 3 Dec 2001 8:48 am. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using this car's 36 month buy rate lease money factor of .00259 and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Nick. The $500 lease cash and .00025 money factor that you have heard about are correct for the 2006 Nissan Altima. Use the lease cash to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease and have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using this money factor and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.