Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    SI,

I work for Nissan in Mass. Right now you can get out of your remaining payment if your lease is up anytime from now till Dec. 31, 2007. You won't be liable for any monthly payments but if you are over your miles you will have to pay $0.15 / mile for every mile you are over. In other words every 1000 miles you are over it will cost you $150.

This program only works if you turn your lease in for another Nissan.

If your are over I would suggest to go to the nearest Nissan and see what you could do. Where did you get your Altima on the North Shore or the South Shore of Boston.
  • mikey08mikey08 Member Posts: 5
    Greenpea,

I leased my Altima from Nissan of Smithfield, RI but was not impressed with their service dept, so i'm looking to do buisness elsewhere. What dealership do you work for, I've heard good things abouth the one in Norwood. I'm looking to upgrade to another altima with more options. I'll probably buy/lease to buy. Any pointers?
    Thanks for the response.

Mike
    I'm up on the North Shore. Trying not to break the rules by soliciting here. The one in Norwood is a good dealership, yes they are one of my competitors but if it is convienant, it's convienant. Correct me if I am wrong but I would assume you did a two year lease? Most people who did that have a bit of a sticker shock moving up to the 2007's. Only because the lease programs back then were unbelievably good because Nissan was trying to get rid of all it's inventory to make room for these new 2007 altimas. How many miles are you over on your lease?
    Greenpea,

I did a 36mo, 12k mil lease in Dec of 04' on an 05' Altima 2.5s If I'd done a 2 year I'd have been all set cause I've put 15k on this year. I'm currently 3500 over and goin strong;)

Mike
  • dexiondexion Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car_Man can you tell me the current residual % and money factor on a new 2007 Altima 3.5SE w/ sport package
    Mikey08,

So right now you are between $500-$600 over on your miles. Since your lease matures in Dec. you should qualify to get out of your car early into a new Nissan. You should be recieving something in the mail pretty soon about this. That is assuming you have a good account with them. I don't know what kind of Altima you are driving now but if you look at a base one which comes pretty loaded, ( Do you have power seats in current lease? ) With the national program on the altima 2.5s base $21545 msrp you can get a payment of $229/mo with 12000 miles per year tax with only $2999 down + tax, title,tags...

With the money you owe your payment might go up $10- $13 ( for your milage, if you were to go 15000 miles it would be more obviously but not much. If you want you could finance at 2.9% for 60 months. Jsut a few suggestions.

GP
  • wysiwgy6000wysiwgy6000 Member Posts: 4
    I need to come up with my "give me this price and these terms otherwise I'm going to another dealership" figure, but I don't know what exactly a reasonable figure would be. This is my ideal proposal:

-36 mo/12k mile lease
    -$0 money down
    -Payoff my trade in (Galves values it at $16k, I owe $20k, Ive gotten trade-in offers as high as $18k for it)
    -About a $350 a month payment
    -I also have VPP pricing

If I go to the dealership with these figures, will I get laughed out of the place or do you think they'll sign me up right there?
  • crf2318crf2318 Member Posts: 6
    This forum has been great with giving me the info I needed to make an informed decision on Leasing an '07 Altima 2.5S with the SL package. See exact numbers used in my lease below. I leased from Coral Springs (Florida) Nissan - the salesman was not that great, but I got the price I wanted and the Finance Mgr, Giovanni Centurino, was awesome and even saved us money at signing which is almost unheard of. Knowing the MF & RF helped me calculate everything to make a fair offer and know where my money was going.

36 month lease/12K miles
    MSRP = 25595
    Negotiated Price = 23575
    Total Paid at Signing $1000 (includes 1st pmt, & TTT)
    Monthly Payment = $355 - $11 ($500 College Grad Rebate deducted from Cap Cost) = $344/month
    Residual Factor = 57%
    Money Factor = .00214

24136.73 Cap Cost (23541.73 Neg price + 595 Acquisition fee)
    -497.26 College Grad Rebate
    23639.47 Net Cap Cost
    14703.15 Residual Value
    11683.08 Total Pmts

Make sure you ask about the Rebate b/c no salesperson told us about it, but Finance Mgr did at signing. He even threw in the Tire Road Hazard Protection for free. Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • ddevineddevine Member Posts: 1
    I just went with my sister-in-law to get a Nissan Altima. She wanted a 6 cylinder and she wanted leather. We ended up taking one of the final 7 6 cylinder cars left on the lot. It had the convenience package, spoiler, fog lights, and they were swapping out the fabric seats for leather seats. We ended up paying $325 per month, 39 month lease, 12K per year, with $1,000 down + a used car trade in. The used car was a 1999 Mazda Millenia S with over 104K on it. She didn't want that car anymore and the realistic resale value is probably about 3,000. I hope she got an o.k. deal. If she didn't I won't tell her.
  • oly6456oly6456 Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in leasing a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE has anyone had leasing experience they can share regarding this lease?
  • ganandorfganandorf Member Posts: 3
    hi everyone. i just want to know, is this deal for an altima sedan, 2.5s automatic black a good lease? i managed to get a lease of 200 dollars a month, 36 months, 10k per year (ok for me) with 4000 down. i want to know if this is a good deal or not QUICKLY because im gonna go to the dealer in like and hour to sign. came back home for dad to look over and want to kno if u guys think its good? thx.
  • pbs0626pbs0626 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Ganandorf,
    From personal exp and what I've seen on this board, you would be strongly advised not to put down such a large amount on a lease. If you were to total/wreck the car, you would lose all that money. Where purchasing, you would have paid down on the vehicle. Also, I was told once that on average, $1K will reduce your payment around $40 or so. Guess it depends on everything involved. Don't focus so much on payment, make sure you are getting the competitive money factor and residual for the car. Car_man usually posts the current lease factors so you can make sure you are getting a good deal.

Post the money factor and the residual, along with the selling price and MSRP, and you can get some better feedback about the deal. If you don't know those numbers, I highly recommend you find out before buying.

Good Luck!!!
  • octaron70octaron70 Member Posts: 1
    If I can get the leasing numbers for September, I'd really appreciate it. I've seen a book in the dealerships, that had a bunch of lease factors and residuals. They said they change each month. They had them plotted for the whole year ahead of time. One of the sales managers showed it to me. The numbers were considerably higher than you show. Are their numbers just manufactured or is it different in each market? I'm in San Antonio, TX. Can you help me Car_man?
  • kayyoukayyou Member Posts: 1
    Offer was for $290 a month, no money down, factor 0.002

36 month lease, 12K , residual 12800

CARMAN help, must decide b4 Labor day
    Just got out of my "fair" condition 05' Altima 2.5s lease, that was 4000 miles over my 36 mo, 12k lease and am now into a 36 mo, 15k lease of an 07' Altima 3.5se with sport package for no money down, $375.00 total a month. Dealer bought out my 05' Altima for $12,900. I think I did pretty good though the payment is a little high.
    This board has been a huge help to me, Thanks!!

Mikey
    um, well, we close the deal at 3 gs down payment to the altima 2007 2.5s at 230 a month with abs and convience package. i kno i shouldnt have put too much down, but my parents wanted a lower monthly payment. again, i do realize now it was prolly too much. but i wanna ask, since im not too sure of the calculations, did i get a decent deal? the only thing i had to pay were dmv fees and first month fee. came out to like 200-300 (plates not included) feeling really guilty so i was want to kno how u guys feel about the deal since the residuals for new york, westbury, should be similar to other areas?
    and o, i had only put a deposit down so far. gonna pay full tommrow. but i did sign the lease papers, so im bound ot the lease right? honestly, my consious is hurting me now.
    Congratulations, Where did you end up going? Clay? The 3.5se is definately a nice car. Very Fast!!! :shades:
  • pbs0626pbs0626 Member Posts: 18
    Hey mikey08, Can you give more details on your deal? What was the breakdown on selling price, the money factor, residual, etc? I am thinking about this car, maybe in the next day or two. Also, does that package include leather?

Thanks and congrats!
    -P
    PBS/Greapea

I ended up going to Glick Nissan Westborough. All I can say is these guys know how to take care you. Sticker price was 26,900 ended up leaving with it that day for 24,200. I don't have the other numbers right now cause it's all in my new car back home, but my biggest issue was getting rid of the old car without getting beat down with surprise bills from Nissan. Mine only has a leather wrapped steering wheel but pretty much everything else. Great sporty car with plenty of balls, so far I would definitley recommend it. I'll post the rest of the datail on Saturday, if you can wait that long. Good luck and thanks again.
  • amb_11amb_11 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, can you tell me what the residual % and money factor is on a new 2008 Altima 3.5 SL, automatic, without technology package ?

I know the Base MSRP is $28,280 plus $625 destination, total MSRP $28,905.
    Invoice Base $26,204 plus $625 destination, total Invoice MSRP $26,829.

I need to turn in my Infiniti FX35 lease by Sept. 17th, so I am in a hurry to shop out a lease deal as soon as possible. I will be leasing it under my business (C corp) in Connecticut. Any additional info that would be great!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    Is it me or did someone kidnap Car_Man? and also you can go to Nissan's website they have a lease calculator there, although I dont know if it will be the same. I've seen some really great lease deals on 07's but now the lease payments for altimas kinda suck.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, black00. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00259 and 55%, respectively. The new September numbers for the '08 Altima Coupe 2.5 S with auto are .00259 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi thebordcu. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Altima that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this what car's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi uofmrapper. $500 over dealer invoice is a pretty good deal on a leased 2007 Nissan Altima right now. You might be able to shave another hundred or two off of this car's price, but I doubt that you will be able to get it down to the $19,300 that you mentioned.

If you haven't finalized your deal yet, make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s newest buy rate lease money factor of .00155 (for a 36 month lease of an '07 Altima 2.5S) to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Eric. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Altima that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this what car's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dexion. Here's the information that you're looking for. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I am going to assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello wysiwgy6000. The fact that you are able to purchase the new Altima that you are interested in through Nissan's VPP program enables you to get a fair price on it without having to haggle. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and doesn't add any sort of random fees to your deal, other than NMAC's $595 acquisition fee. If you tell me the exact model that you are interested in I would be happy to ell you what its current money factor should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Altima, crf2318. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealership experience with others. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi octaron70. Nissan has one national lease program and the numbers that I have posted in this discussion are definitely right. If a dealer tells you something different they are either mistaken or trying to pull a fast one on you. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's new September lease program is like. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 56%, respectively. There is no 2008 Altima 2.5 SL, but if you were to do an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Altima 2.5 S with an automatic transmission the numbers would be .00259 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, amb_11. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I am going to assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima 3.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00259 and 60%, respectively.

To get a good deal on your lease, just negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the Altima that you want and make sure that the dealer uses the aforementioned lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • kimble22kimble22 Member Posts: 1
    What is the MF and Residual on a 2007 Nissan 2.5S? for 36 months 15,000 miles? Thanks!
  • mlees33mlees33 Member Posts: 2
    What about the money factor if you only get 12k miles per year? I was quoted a money factor of .00170 for 36 months on a 2007 Altima S automatic
  • astipupastipup Member Posts: 6
    I was looking for a 36 mo. 12/mile lease on either a 2.5 S CVT Auto or a 3.5 SE CVT Auto. Can you provide me with lease info? Also, what is an aquisition fee? Thanks!
    The Aquisition fee is the charge from the leasing company its usually $595
  • pfjepfje Member Posts: 25
    Car_man or kyfdx,

I am interested in leasing a 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 Coupe for the following terms:

24 months/15,000 per year.

I have contacted the dealer by email and have these figures:

MSRP: $26,515
    Selling Price: $26,000

What is the money factor and residuals?
    Could you work up an estimated lease payment?

Thanks in advance.
  • footinthefirefootinthefire Member Posts: 1
    Car_man
    I'm looking at leasing a 2007 Altima 2.5 S, or 3.5 SE. Can you let me know what Money Factor and Residual would be for 36 months and 12K? Also curious if additional rebates/incentives will be available in November.

Thanks!
  • pjnederpjneder Member Posts: 1
    Car_man (or others),

My wife is looking for an Altima 2.5 Coupe 6spd, convenience package. A local dealer found one in FL and is willing to have it shipped up to Raleigh, NC. He is asking 21,162 (Invoice + $1). I am still waiting on getting the MF and RP for this vehicle. I really don't want to put much down, since it is a lease. Seems like the terms on the coupes are not very aggressive since it is popular. What are some baseline numbers I should expect to get?

Thanks!
  • jng657jng657 Member Posts: 2
    I am going to lease a 2008 2.5SL w/ connection package and and spoiler (black/charcoal leather)12,000mi/36 mos. Dealer offered sign and drive (0 down 1st mos and dmv only)
    $350 per month. What is the dealer invoice on this car and money factor? What is the best deal available in NY/LI area? Current lease expires 10/24. Was told money factors going down due to Fed reduction of interest rates.
  • nickooochnickoooch Member Posts: 6
    assuming a selling price of 20,850 as of sept. what would my monthly payment be on a lease of 2.5s auto. sign n drive 12k miles 36 mnths? thanks
    I would bet there is money down with that offer for a 2008 2.5 Sl for $350/mo
  • jng657jng657 Member Posts: 2
    There is not supposed to be any money down, only 1st mos. and dmv.
  • cars0153cars0153 Member Posts: 45
    My wife needs to replace her 06 Accord which is leased. Her present lease ends in December.
    She needs 35000 miles/year.
    We have narrowed it down between the altima and the new Accord.
    Any thoughts? Which car will gives us the better lease deal?
  • vfrenkelvfrenkel Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

I'm looking to lease a 2.5S 6speed with 12K miles/year.
    Can you tell me what the money factor and the residuals will be for October for 2007 and 2008 models?

Also, are there any differences between 2007 and 2008?

Thanks,
    Vlad
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Vlad,
    I'm looking at similar car.
    2008 has Anti Lock brakes included when on 2007 it was an option. Otherwise it's the same car.
    I'm trying to get numbers but dealers in NJ say that they cannot give residual and MF numbers over the phone.
    I'f I will find out will post them here.

5 year financing is 2.9%
    3 year - 1.9%
  • scraggsscraggs Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man!

Can you give me the residual and buy rate for an '08 3.5 SE Coupe w/CVT for a 24 month/12k mile lease? Thanks
    Hey can anyone tell me if the $1000 cash back incentive on the Altima's during the month of october can apply on a lease? I called my dealership and they said yes but I'm not 100% sure can anyone here who knows tell me?
  • jv0704jv0704 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I just purchased a lease for 08' Nissan Altima 2.5S Base package white.

I have traded in my 350z which had $7500 left on the car and paid $2000 down and got a lease payment for $270/month. I have excellent credit.

Lease was for $12k miles and for 39 mo.

Did I get a good deal on this?

I thought I was getting the best possible deal there is but reading some of these posts it feels like not so.
    If I understand what you're saying correctly, you still owe'd $7500 on the Z that had to get rolled into the Altima and put down $2000 so yes if thats what you did thats a good deal. Damn going from the Z to the 2.5 must have been a killer!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    i'm not understanding it quite as easily. You owed $7500 on the Z? But what was it worth as a trade?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

This discussion has been closed.