Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Frontier. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• chrisconchriscon Member Posts: 23
    I just leased the above vehicle in the Philly Area. Wanted to post that on 42 month lease with 15k miles a year, residual value was 56% and money factor was .00157. They are practically giving them away. Makes for a very nice lease payment on a truck with a sticket of 27,500. Exton Nissan in the western Philly Burbs ... terrific place to deal with.
  • pdurantpdurant Member Posts: 18
    Hey Car_Man,

Could you please post Nissan's current residual and money factor on a 2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4x4 for 36 and 39 month leases?

Thanks for the help!

Philip
  • pdurantpdurant Member Posts: 18
    Car_Man,

I needed that residual for a 12k mile/year lease.

Thanks!

Philip
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey Philip. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00179 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhh, you're interested in 12,000 miles per year. In that case, this truck's residual values should be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • kmoskmos Member Posts: 5
    What are your monthly payments?
  • jetta18jetta18 Member Posts: 2
    What is the money factor and residual on an 06 4x4 Crew Cab LE based on 36 months and 15k miles?

Thanks,
    Hi jetta18. Through September 5th, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Frontier Crew Cab LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jimbob72jimbob72 Member Posts: 1
    1)
    I am 2 years into a 5 year lease. I was just given a company vehicle. Can I get out of my lease and if so, what would it cost me?
    2) I am allowed 12k miles a year. If i go over, I have to pay. Will they pay me if I use less than the allowed 12k? I have used only 15k miles in 25 months.
    Hi jimbob72. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Community members who hang out there are often kind enough to give others who give him an accurate description of their vehicles with his opinion on their value. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. Unfortunately, I suspect that it is going to be fairly expensive to get out of your lease three years early. Banks do not provide refunds for unused mileage on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • psusrahpsusrah Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone!

I am new to the leasing world, but I would consider myself somewhat educated on the subject.
    I am condsidering leasing an 07 Frontier King Cab LE V6 4X4 Automatic. I got a great price from CarsDirect.com on their website.
    Can you tell me the current lease rates for tier 1 credit and residuals? For a 24 or 26 month lease, 12K miles/year.

I am also considering an SE model (to lower the payments in the case I am unable to find a good deal) as well as comparing the Toyota Tacoma, which is a little higher.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you so much in advance!

Sarah
  • viper2viper2 Member Posts: 38
    Hi Carman.

I know this is a little last minute, but I am going to stop by the Nissan dealer tomorrow morning. I am looking at a 2006 Frontier SE Kingcab 4X4 with auto and power package.

What is the money and residual for a 3yr/45,000 mile lease? And, is there a security deposit required?

Thanks,

Peter
    Welcome Sarah. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Here is the specific information that you are looking for about this truck's lease program. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00146 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00182 and 52%.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, Peter. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 54%, respectively. NMAC charges a security deposit equivalent to vehicles' monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment at lease signing. It will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi and thanks!!!
    I have been reading leaseguide.com but I will definitely check those out.
    .00146 money factor!!! Holy crap, I have been getting quotes of .00310 is that right??? for tier 1 credit??
    No problem, psusrah. A money factor of .00310 is way too high for a 2007 Nissan Frontier. Heck, that's worse than Nissan's standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for your credit tier. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    That's strange about the money factor... I asked several dealers for a quote and I asked about the money factor. Almost all said .00310 right from NMAC. What's that about?

I am waiting too see if I get a new job before I make any purchase/lease decisions, but I still want a frontier.. but I don't want to pay that high of a rate. I feel I shouldn't have to.

Sarah
  • ddavyddavy Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

Can anyone help: Is this a good deal:

Crew Cab 4x4 SE with value package
    MSRP 24800
    Selling price: 24000
    Resid: 56%
    39 months
    Money Factor .00234
    $991 total due at signing
    $409 a month

This is a Cincinnati dealer

Thanks,

Darryl
    Hello Darryl. The truck that you described has a spread of around $1,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are only being given a discount of $800 on it, which puts you at approximately $1,000 over invoice. I personally would want at least another $500 knocked off of this Frontier's price if I was in the market for it.

The money factor that you were quoted for this truck doesn't look quite right either. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Frontier Crew Cab SE 4WD is only .00190 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00205 with the deposit waived.

Try to negotiate a lower selling price and make sure that the dealer you are working with uses NMAC's buy rate money factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • fade123fade123 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

looking to lease 07 Frontier SE Crew 4x4 longbed automatic with SE value power package.

MSRP $27000.00

I need to know current money factor and Residual value. Also what would be a good sale price.

Thanks
    mike
    Hey Mike. Nissan's lease program for this truck vary by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Frontier Crew Cab SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 57%, respectively.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Frontier right now, but one can usually get most Nissan products for pretty close to dealer invoice plus the pickup truck segment is very competitive right now, so I would shoot for a price that's as close to invoice as possible. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay by visiting the following discussion and checking out how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Nissan Frontier: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bp1051bp1051 Member Posts: 1
    Mike,
    Can you tell me what the latest lease numbers are for an '07 Frontier LE CC 4WD? I am looking at a unit with the short bed. It has a bed extender, tow hitch receiver, and mats as the only options. The MSRP is $28,770. The dealer is pushing a 39-month lease. I am looking at 12,000 miles per year. What is Nissan's current residual multiplier and money factor as we reach the end of the model year? Also, any idea when the '08 Frontiers will be out?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Hi Bill. I'm not Mike, but I can help you out. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00070 and 55%, respectively.

I'm not sure exactly when the '08 Frontier will begin to arrive at dealers. Nissan just officially announced pricing for it during the last week of August, so if I had to make an educated guess I would say that it will begin to arrive within the next couple of weeks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • pcantorepcantore Member Posts: 148
    Hi Car_man,

It's decided...I'll trade in my 05 Camry for a Frontier! The idea to take the family on vacations by pulling a trailer sounds really cool. Kids are going to love it!!Besides, as a Shadow rider it could be useful to have this truck around as our second car.

Could you please provide the current money factor and residual from Nissan for a 07 Frontier Crew Cab NISMO 4X2 and current rebates for Florida (Zip 33326), for 36 or 39 months and 12K miles.

Thanks a lot for your help
    PC
    Here you go, PC. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Frontier Crew Cab NISMO 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00070 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00072 and 53%. Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car_man, thanks. I can assume that these numbers you provided me are for a super preferred Tier (credit score above 720), correct?

Thanks again!!

PC
    You're very welcome, PC. Yes the money factors that I provided you with are for consumers who qualify for NMAC's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman, I have waited and waited for a good cash incentive on this truck to come up. Apparently, it seems that now is the right time with 40% off MSRP and I'm not on the upside down with my old 2005 Camry anymore.
    So, can you update the MF/Residual you have provided in the past? I may choose the SE or LE Crew Cab model instead, since it comes with the manual transmission and saves up to 4 miles to the gallon.

Thanks for your help,

PC
    Carman, I received a total price of $16953 (OTD $19080) for a 2008 SE Crew Cab V6 Spd short bed with Value Truck Package for S. Florida. So, could you please run the numbers to see what a 36 X 12,000 lease payment would be like? Please inform the MF/Residual as well.

Thanks for your help,

PC
    Hey pcantore. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4WD with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Crew Cab LE 4WD are .00040 and 56%. This truck's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman!! Tell me, are these numbers the same if that truck was a 2008 CC SEV6 2WD?

Thanks again for your hep,
  • weswazweswaz Member Posts: 23
    Hey carman,
    Saw the post on the SE above. I was quoted the same money factor, .00040, but the residual was 51% for 12,000 miles on a 39 month lease. Should the residual be a couple of points higher for this vehicle? Is there a difference in residual for moving to a 4X4 model? The base cap cost was $300 under invoice.
    No problem, pcantore. The money factor for the 2WD version of this truck is the same, but its residual value is 3% lower, making the 4WD the better deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi weswaz. The .00040 money factor and 51% residual value that you were quoted for the Frontier Crew Cab LE 2WD are right on the money. The 4WD version of this truck has a much more attractive residual value, 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    Hi, I am interested in the MF and residual numbers for a 2008 Frontier 2wd CC SE. 12k per year. 36 or 39 months. I don't really have a use for 4wd so I am shopping 2wd. Nissan was offering a $249 deal for 39 mos. w/ about 2k total down. This deal ended in Sept., Also at this point would I be better off waiting for an 09? Also I am in Louisiana, how does my 8.75% sales tax figure into a lease. Thanks in advance.
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    never mind, the lease figures were horrible. bought it.
    You made the right choice, achenator. NMAC's money factors for a lease of the '08 Frontier are equivalent to an interest rate of just under 8%. Not good. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
  • dashh1dashh1 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Carman,

Can you give me the money factor and residual on Nissan's current lease specials for the 2010 and 2011 Nissan Frontier CC SE/SV 4X4 with 15k miles?

Thanks!

Shawn
    I certainly do, Shawn. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Frontier CC SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model (SV) are .00182 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dashh1dashh1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Carman!
    You're very welcome dashh1.

Car_man
    Host
  • tonystarks22tonystarks22 Member Posts: 51
    36 months 12k miles a year? Thanks in advance!!!!
    Here you go tonystarks22. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Frontier Crew Cab SV 4WD with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00053 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • cabanadancabanadan Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,
    Thanks for all your help on these forums. I'm shopping for two cars at a time, and your advice is really helpful.

I'm considering a Frontier CrewCab 4WD SL. Would the residuals and MF be the same as you posted for tonystark22's SV in February? Also, have the numbers changed for March, and are there any leasing incentives available (Nissan is offering $2500 cashback for purchase financing)?

Separately, what should I expect for an acquisition fee, and is it a legitimate fee or 100% dealer profit?
    You're very welcome cabanadan. NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Frontier Crew Cab SL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00019 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The $2,500 consumer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with the Frontier's special lease program.

NMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. None of that money goes to the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • darryl_rodgersdarryl_rodgers Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    To Car_Man and everyone else who has contributed to this forum,

Thanks for all your input and questions. This has made the process much easier, and given me more clarity into the most optimal way to lease a truck. I would appreciate your input, because I am looking to lease a 2012 Frontier SL Crew Cab. I live in New Jersey, and I am in discussions with the Nissan Dealership in Springfield, NJ.

What are the residuals and Money Factor for this month?

What discount can I expect from the MSRP of $29,500? Is this the same as the Selling Price that is discussed on the "How to negotiate a good deal on a car lease" section?

What other costs can I expect to be included in the lease?

Can I expect a rebate?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Darryl Rodgers
    Greetings Darryl. If I was in the market for a 2012 Frontier in a competitive market like the one that you are in right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $525 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck through NMAC. You can look up this truck's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

NMAC's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Frontier SL Crew Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00029 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • darryl_rodgersdarryl_rodgers Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Thanks for the response! At the very least, your input is extremely valuable, and I can triangulate it with the input I received from Edmund's Consumer Advice Editor.

I noticed you focused on the invoice price without mentioning the TMV. The Editor actually suggested using the TMV to determine the fair price for my zip code.

Does the TMV come into play when you evaluate a lease? Would you evaluate the TMV relative to the invoice price, and then go through the process of offering a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice/TMV (whichever is cheaper), minus the $525 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck through NMAC?

Kind Regards,

Darryl
    You're welcome Darryl. I have found that savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the TMV prices of most vehicles. That's why I suggested shooting for $500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • gerry2gerry2 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man:

Looking for current residuals and money factors for 2013 Frontier SL 4WD 12,000/yr, 36 mo. Since the 2013 model has not really hit dealers yet, could I realistically get a lease deal based upon invoice OR LESS on a 2012 (NY Metro).

Thanks!

Gerry
This discussion has been closed.