Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• pcantorepcantore South FloridaPosts: 55
    Thanks Carman!! Tell me, are these numbers the same if that truck was a 2008 CC SEV6 2WD?

Thanks again for your hep,
  • weswazweswaz Posts: 8
    Hey carman,
    Saw the post on the SE above. I was quoted the same money factor, .00040, but the residual was 51% for 12,000 miles on a 39 month lease. Should the residual be a couple of points higher for this vehicle? Is there a difference in residual for moving to a 4X4 model? The base cap cost was $300 under invoice.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem, pcantore. The money factor for the 2WD version of this truck is the same, but its residual value is 3% lower, making the 4WD the better deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi weswaz. The .00040 money factor and 51% residual value that you were quoted for the Frontier Crew Cab LE 2WD are right on the money. The 4WD version of this truck has a much more attractive residual value, 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • achenatorachenator Posts: 128
    Hi, I am interested in the MF and residual numbers for a 2008 Frontier 2wd CC SE. 12k per year. 36 or 39 months. I don't really have a use for 4wd so I am shopping 2wd. Nissan was offering a $249 deal for 39 mos. w/ about 2k total down. This deal ended in Sept., Also at this point would I be better off waiting for an 09? Also I am in Louisiana, how does my 8.75% sales tax figure into a lease. Thanks in advance.
  • achenatorachenator Posts: 128
    never mind, the lease figures were horrible. bought it.
  • You made the right choice, achenator. NMAC's money factors for a lease of the '08 Frontier are equivalent to an interest rate of just under 8%. Not good. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
  • dashh1dashh1 Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Carman,

Can you give me the money factor and residual on Nissan's current lease specials for the 2010 and 2011 Nissan Frontier CC SE/SV 4X4 with 15k miles?

Thanks!

Shawn
  • I certainly do, Shawn. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Frontier CC SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model (SV) are .00182 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dashh1dashh1 Posts: 3
    Thanks Carman!
  • You're very welcome dashh1.

Car_man
    Host
  • 36 months 12k miles a year? Thanks in advance!!!!
  • Here you go tonystarks22. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Frontier Crew Cab SV 4WD with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00053 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,
    Thanks for all your help on these forums. I'm shopping for two cars at a time, and your advice is really helpful.

I'm considering a Frontier CrewCab 4WD SL. Would the residuals and MF be the same as you posted for tonystark22's SV in February? Also, have the numbers changed for March, and are there any leasing incentives available (Nissan is offering $2500 cashback for purchase financing)?

Separately, what should I expect for an acquisition fee, and is it a legitimate fee or 100% dealer profit?
    You're very welcome cabanadan. NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Frontier Crew Cab SL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00019 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The $2,500 consumer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with the Frontier's special lease program.

NMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. None of that money goes to the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • darryl_rodgersdarryl_rodgers Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    To Car_Man and everyone else who has contributed to this forum,

Thanks for all your input and questions. This has made the process much easier, and given me more clarity into the most optimal way to lease a truck. I would appreciate your input, because I am looking to lease a 2012 Frontier SL Crew Cab. I live in New Jersey, and I am in discussions with the Nissan Dealership in Springfield, NJ.

What are the residuals and Money Factor for this month?

What discount can I expect from the MSRP of $29,500? Is this the same as the Selling Price that is discussed on the "How to negotiate a good deal on a car lease" section?

What other costs can I expect to be included in the lease?

Can I expect a rebate?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Darryl Rodgers
    Greetings Darryl. If I was in the market for a 2012 Frontier in a competitive market like the one that you are in right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $525 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck through NMAC. You can look up this truck's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

NMAC's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Frontier SL Crew Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00029 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,

Thanks for the response! At the very least, your input is extremely valuable, and I can triangulate it with the input I received from Edmund's Consumer Advice Editor.

I noticed you focused on the invoice price without mentioning the TMV. The Editor actually suggested using the TMV to determine the fair price for my zip code.

Does the TMV come into play when you evaluate a lease? Would you evaluate the TMV relative to the invoice price, and then go through the process of offering a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice/TMV (whichever is cheaper), minus the $525 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck through NMAC?

Kind Regards,

Darryl
    You're welcome Darryl. I have found that savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the TMV prices of most vehicles. That's why I suggested shooting for $500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man:

Looking for current residuals and money factors for 2013 Frontier SL 4WD 12,000/yr, 36 mo. Since the 2013 model has not really hit dealers yet, could I realistically get a lease deal based upon invoice OR LESS on a 2012 (NY Metro).

Thanks!

Gerry
  • Hello Gerry. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Frontier Crew Cab SL 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00006 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan has not published a lease program for the 2013 Frontier yet. Given the lack of cash incentives on leases of the 2012 model, I doubt that you will be able to lease one for significantly under invoice, but I would shoot for close to it.

Car_man
    Host
  • john672john672 Posts: 1
    CarMan any info on the July or Aug lease rates for 2013 Frontier SL?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,611

Please visit the 2014 Nissan Frontier Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

2»
This discussion has been closed.