Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Lies...it says there's a $1000 incentive/rebate on Nissan's website when you click on lease details in special offers.

Albeit, that's the only incentive available.
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    Sorry for the unclear communication. The $2500 rebate on a car sale is what I am asking about. None of that applies? Some have posted that they got rebates along with lease incentives.

The price quoted by the first dealer was 373.00 for a base Maxima S. Way too high.
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    Hi melli, I have dealt with those crooks before I would go back if it hasn't been too many days and renegotiate. I went to pine belt of Newport nj I got a sport and monitor package maxima about $38600 msrp I am paying $327 monthly with $700 out of pocket first month and DMV fees tax included in monthly payment. Never put a lot of money upfront typically you pay first month and even that can be added to monthly but once you tell them that you are not putting anything up front you start negotiating the monthly they will always start high but you gotta go really low I said $250 salesman looked at me like I was on crack. Lol but it works just gotta keep gonback and forth with these idiots. Go back if you can
  • john420john420 Member Posts: 97
    How many miles a year and how many month lease did you get? Also, did you lease it this month?
    Thanks
  • ribsyribsy Member Posts: 1
    I just put a deposit down (yesterday) on a 2011 SV, not sure what package but has the spoiler, rear monitor, and 9 spkr bose. Anyway, $2,995 down, $269/month, 39 months, $19,820 buyout. Is this a fair deal? What part of this an be negotiated?
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    John, I leased it in June 39 months 12k miles
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gs42. The $2,500 to $3,000 consumer cash incentive that is currently available on the 2011 Maxima is not compatible with its special lease program. There is, however, a $1,000 cash incentive available on leases in the parts of the country that have $2,500 consumer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for a final answer to that question, Car_man, as there have been reports in this forum of rebates applying to leases also.

We made a deal on a 2011 S model on Sept. 2. Since we were leasing a 2009, the dealer and NMAC were willing to make a deal that included 1k loyalty cash, 1k lease cash, and $500.00 bonus cash for the holiday week. The trade in car had only 26k on it and that was a factor..no dents, scratches or damage...like new.

Zero cash at signing with taxes and bank fee rolled into the payment of $309.00 and the kicker was the remaining six lease payments of $337.00 each were forgiven. There is a lot of inventory and this dealer was willing to stretch to move this one. Wasn't my negotiating skills, the salesman came up with the offer. Guessing there was an existing buyer for my trade and the money was made on that end.
    You're welcome gs42. Congratulations on getting your new Maxima. It's an amazing value. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • carguy144carguy144 Member Posts: 6
    Thats an OK deal, though I leased a 2011 maxima SV with cold and monitor package end of July, stickered at $36500, out the door with tax title license due at signing ($500~) $284 a mo plus tax ($299 after tax)....
  • htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    In reading some of the posts here, I found that the Residual is 54-55% on a 2011 Nissan Maxima SV with Premium Package on a 39 month 15,000 Lease with a 0.00022 MF.

The reason I ask is because on a car with an MSRP: $39,250 I did a Lease on Monday and was told the Residual is $21,985 which indeed comes out to 56%.

However I was called back to the dealership 4 days later to resign paperwork because the "dealership made an error" and the Residual on that car is actually 52%?

So I wanted to ask, which one is it? 52% or 56%??

Obviously, with a lower Residual, you payment goes up. However, I was able to get the dealership to match the same payment by lowering the price on the car by close to $1500 and lowering the MF from 0.00022 to 0.00004 (0.10% APR, total Rent Charge on Lease = $86)

So in the end it worked out well for me. But this seems highly unusual, I have done plenty of leases in the past and am surprised a dealership would make this type of a mistake.

That and I have never seen 52% Residuals mentioned on this board! Thanks for clarifying!
  • decisiontime10decisiontime10 Member Posts: 3
    I have been shopping the Maxima SV Premium package in NY and have gotten a residual of 52% for 15,000 miles and 53% for 12,000 miles with a money factor of .00004/0.10% at several dealers.
    These have all been for a 39 month leases. What concerns me is that Nissan's warranty is only for 36 months so I am on my own in terms of warranty coverage for the last 3 months. Opinions?
  • njguy07052njguy07052 Member Posts: 1
    Just signed a lease deal for a 2011 Maxima S in NJ. Had a trade in for $6500, so with that as a down payment I was able to get $185/month for 39 months. Total payments including tax,title, etc came to $13400 for the lease term. I was also pricing a base accord and passat and this deal was just 1500 over 3 years more so it made sense with all the standard features maxima had.

A little jealous some of you were able to get the premium versions for $30/$40/month more but I really didn't need the extra frills. This is mostly a drive 20 minutes to work car.
  • htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Where is Car_Man???
  • deedel08deedel08 Member Posts: 2
    Ugh! Wish I could buy a billboard outside their showroom to simply encourage buyers to 'run.' I had a very bad experience here back in 2002 when the Altima had first been restyled. Long story short, I walked out of that dealership, drove across the VNB and purchased my new Nissan from SI Nissan. Just leased a Maxima yesterday at SI and talked about that experience 9 years ago. Suggest you do not take your auto to Bay Ridge for service for anything other than routine maintenance. Crooks in that category, as well. Your lease deal does not seem optimal, but don't know all the facts. But if instincts tell you something's not right, based on your dealer, I'd be inclined to agree that you're smelling a rat.
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Just curious, do you work fo SI Nissan? Bay Ridge guys are crooks but SI Nissan are as bad as their Broooklyn counterparts.
    The 52% residual value that you were subsequently quoted is indeed correct. It sounds like an expensive mistake on the dealership's part if they're lowering your car's price enough to make up the difference.

Car_man
    Host
  • deedel08deedel08 Member Posts: 2
    Of course, I do not work there. But I just leased my 4th Nissan from them and haven't a complaint to make - including my impression of their fair dealing. I can conclude that the buying process for big ticket items like a new car is sure to leave anyone skeptical. I get it.
  • nlm2898nlm2898 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking into a 2011 Maxima SV with msrp of $36,645. I want to make an offer, was thinking of $33,000. Is this good or should I go lower?
    Truecar would indicate a couple thousand lower will fly in most areas, check it out.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    I have seen 2011 Maximas advertised at 6-7 thousand below MSRP.
  • nlm2898nlm2898 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. I tried $32k, but got them to agree to the $33k with $2k in rebates, $3k down, 53% residual and .00004. Final payment was $270 for 39 months (12k miles). Not too bad in my opinion. Great site. Thanks for the advice and help here!
  • carguy144carguy144 Member Posts: 6
    Offer way lower, I leased a 2011 SV with monitor and cold package end of July that stickered at $36,500. Got price down to $28,500. $284 a mo with $500 due at signing for first mo payment and plates. If they offer less than 7k off, your not getting a good deal (Ive heard people getting 10k off)...
  • nissanmaniacnissanmaniac Member Posts: 3
    Hey Guys:
    I am a proud altima 3.5 user and loved the car by putting 110k miles and it still runs like new, it just I am little board with it so now I am ready for maxima.
    after getting all the inspirations from you guys,I went to my local dealer where I purchased my altima and after a long discussion he offered me $32500 for 3.5 SV with tech and premium package( fully loded).

I do lots of miles ( 110 a day average) but here is my calculation that I lease maxima fully loaded and trade my altima for $10,000+ and keep that money saved, and when my lease is over I use that 10k to buy that maxima by paying full money in 1 go.

My question is to all you genius :

1. Am I getting the good deals in $32500 ( I think Yes )
    2. is it right calculation to keep my trade in money saved and later use it to buy the maxima when lease gets over.

at that end I once againI thank you all, for sharing your great experience and guidance.

ps: I am not good at writing so pardon my mistakes.
  • sarzenosarzeno Member Posts: 1
    Can you email me that spreadsheet to dopeboyfresh207@aol.com please

Thanks
  • 4ofakinda14ofakinda1 Member Posts: 1
    HEy just wanted to tell the deal i got
    1269 out of pocket with taxes and fees included
    324 a month with 12k miles for 39 months

includes cold package and monitor package
  • dieseldan9dieseldan9 Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2011
    looking to buy a maxima TOMORROW what are the residuals and money factors?

Also what are the credit scores for each TIER?

Are we getting 2500 incentive on LEASE???

true car says 30,029 for a SV with sport package

thank you
  • hollawood24hollawood24 Member Posts: 18
    i have a conditional deal on a new 2012 39month lease SV w/premium & tech for $37K, $2500 down and $400 a month, 12K miles a year. I put $500 down tonight to hold the car, with the condition being "if with my insurance turns out to be too much for me a month i can opt out". I just did a Geico quote and it came out to be $204... Is all of this good?? Also, that deal includes my VPP discount and any incentives.

Can i do better on a 2012????

Or try for a new 2011 with the same goodies????

I'm 22, fresh out of college and this is my first car, so any input would help! Thanks, i greatly appreciate it.

My intentions today were just to get a price quote, but i ended up with a conditional agreement. I am/was shopping the CPO market on Max's 09 and up. Should i stick to that plan, with this being my first car? Or am i getting a good enough deal?
  • easyrider08easyrider08 Member Posts: 10
    Where are you located. This seems high to me. I leased a 2010 without tech package but with everything else, zero down, $350 month w/out tax...
  • hollawood24hollawood24 Member Posts: 18
    I'm located in westchester county, ny... More specifically mount Vernon, ny... This deal was at central ave Nissan, yonkers, ny
  • millemigliamillemiglia Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

I'm looking to get into a leftover 2011 Maxima SV Sport with Tech.

Can you please provide me with the Residual and Money Factor for 3yrs and 15k per year.

Thank you,
  • biggamer1023biggamer1023 Member Posts: 4
    Do you know what the current money factor and residual value is for a 2012 MAxima SV 12k miles per year. 36 month lease also are there any dealer incentives.
    CarMan,
    Same questions here or 39 months if the numbers are better. Thanks.
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    Car Man -
    would you have the lease rate / residuals for a 2011 Maxima SV for 24 months ? Thanks in advance.
  • mseals528mseals528 Member Posts: 8
    I just completed a handshake deal for a 2011 Maxima SV with Premium pkg, rear spoiler, splash guards. I am putting $0 down, only first months payment at signing on a 39 mo. lease with a payment of $399/month and me transferring my plates. The dealer said that they have great deals on 2011's and that they are offering $2500 in incentives plus another $500 for this month.

what do you guys thing? Is this a good deal? I am excited to have my first Maxima, I am currently in a 2003 BMW 530i sport with 5sp manual. It is amazing how cars today have more luxury amenities than luxury cars did 8 yrs ago!
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Is that tax included?
  • leasingcouponsleasingcoupons Member Posts: 2
    yes
    All those tech toys are nice to have, just do not expect the Maxima to handle any close to your BMW. Steering is not as pricise, front is heavy and torque steer can be outright dangerous for someone coming from a balanced rear-wheel driver. But if you take it easy until you learn its limits, the Maxima is a very pleasant car to drive.
    Here you go millemiglia. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2011 Maxima SV Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi biggamer1023. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as cash incentives go, Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in the Eastern part of the country and another $500 bonus cash everywhere.

Car_man
    Host
    SergeyM, the money factor would be the same for 39-months, but the residual value would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do tga01. NMAC's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 base Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you can see, Nissan is not currently providing any support on 24-month leases of this car. You would be much better off going with a 36-month lease....00003 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mseals528mseals528 Member Posts: 8
    Yes, that includes tax. The $399/month is what my total payment will be each month, so that would include, tax, interest and depreciation.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Sergey you must have wrote this before ever drivng one. The torque steer is nothing even close to what could be described as dangerous. I would say only seasoned sport sedan drivers would even notice it. They have done an amazing job with the electronic drivetrain controls to "erase" the torque steer.
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hello Carman,

Could you please provide the mf & residual for December on a 2012 Maxima S w/ the limited pkg? I am interested in the 36 & 39 month term with 10k per yr. I can't remember if NMAC does 10k leases. If not, 12k would be fine. Thank you.
    I'd be happy to help you out ajpbf7. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Maxima S Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00126 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsark994jsark994 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

I am looking for the December RV and MF for the following: 2012 Maxima SV premium + tech. I am looking into a 39 mo lease with 12K. Thanks in advance !
    Hi jsark994. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsark994jsark994 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply Car Man.

I have a deal on the table and I thought I would post it for people to review. The car is a '12 Maxima 3.5 SV (premium + tech + spoiler). The MSRP is $41,250. Here are the details on the payment :

Cap - $37,277
    NMAC incentive - $1,000
    Net Cap - $36,277
    RV - $23,100 (56%)
    Depreciation - $13,177
    Depreciation fee / 39 months - $338

Money Factor - .0008%
    RV + Net Cap - $59,377
    Monthly Finance Fee - $48

Base Payment - $386
    Total Payment with 6% tax - $409

Term is 39 months with 12K miles. Out of pocket is $735. I went to truecar.com and it was helpful in establishing a buy price on the car. The dealer tried to add in an "acquisition fee" on top of the "destination fee," for $595, and an additional $1K to the down payment. Both have been removed after a bit of a squable, and it's otherwise been an easy negotiation.

I believe this is a solid deal and it's a lot of car for the money. Hopefully this info helps anyone currently in the market.

JS
    Acquisition (sometimes it is called bank) fee is a legitimate fee (good you got rid of it anyway) but I am not sure if you price was that good. True car shows $34,332 for buy, lease has smaller ($1,000) incentive, but still the selling price should’ve been 34,832. You paid $36,277 and you said you were using truecar price as a base point. How did you end at $36,277? It is almost $1.5K more than what truecar gives me as the best local price (NYC).

Still seems to be a great deal to me.
This discussion has been closed.