Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• smdpaizsmdpaiz Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man! Thanks for the valuable information.

To piggy back on this question, can you please tell me what the MF and RV would be for the same car ('12 S Limited, 36 months) with 15,000 per year?

Thank you so much!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome smdpaiz. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Maxima S Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    hi Car_Man!

Do you know the current residual and money factor for a 2012 Nissan Maxima SV with Premium Package for 10,000 Miles/Year for 36 months and 39 months terms?

Thanks!
    arturo
    Hi arturob. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00063 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00063 and 55%.

If NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values for that allowance would likely be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2012
    Carman,

When you get a chance, can you please post the January 2012 Lease rates/residuals for both 2011 and 2012 Maxima for 24 months with 15k miles.

thank you so much !!
    Here you go tga01. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2012 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 61%, respectively.

As you can see, for some reason NMAC's money factors for 24-month leases aren't attractive. Its 36-month factor is .00063 is much better (57% resid).

The difference on the 2011 model is even more dramatic....00210 / 51% vs. .00003 / 49%.

Nissan definitely doesn't want anyone doing two year leases of its vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • dbwcdbwc Member Posts: 12
    Car_Man,
    Thanks for everything you do for these forums. Long time lurker but first time poster. Helped us get a great deal on a 2012 Acura TL last week.

Am I reading your post right? A 2012 Nissan Maxima with a .00003 Money Factor?! I was wondering if that same money factor applied to a 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5S and what would be the residual on a 15k miles per year lease? Thanks so much!
  • shermar76shermar76 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man,

I need your help, I don't know who to believe. I am looking to lease a 2012 Maxima 12K/yr
    with premium, technology package and rear spoiler MSRP $40835.

Dealer 1: $2000 total out of pocket and $410/ month for 39 month and he will pay for my two last payments on my Infiniti G35X lease 2x$426= $852.

Dealer 2: $1044 total out of pocket and $377/ month for 39 month. If he picks the last 2 payments on my infiniti then the monthly payment is $401.

I live in NJ so taxes are 7%. I have VPP plan D claim number which both said that they are doing better than VPP.

Dealer1 says that dealer 2 price is impossible and that their will be something hidden somewhere. What is your opinion? If I wait till March when my infiniti lease ends, will the same deals be around?

Thanks so much for your help.
  • coltrane1coltrane1 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man:

I am looking at a 36 month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV, Cold and Tech pkg with 12k miles.
    Am being offered $325/month with no money down- excluding first pymt and plates.
    Am told MF and residual is .00063 and 57%.
    MSRP is roughly $38,750

Is this a good deal given rbates etc?

Thx
  • nissanowner15nissanowner15 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I would appreciate your experienced help. I live on Long Island in New York.. I currently have a leased 2009 Nissan Altima and my lease ends in October 2012. I have been receiving offers from my Nissan Dealer about giving in my current lease and getting me in a new car. So I went in and see what the deal was, and when I got there I explained that I was only interested in what the offer stated which was, I could turn in my car and avoid a down payment and get into a new car. So I stated I want the Nissan Maxima with similar features (I have the 2009 Nissan Altima SL) and stated I wanted to pay no more than 360 a Mo. and not have to put anything down. I said I would pay the first mo and the fees and DMV or whatever. So basically after going for a test drive and being there for like an 1hr and ½ the sales person was like I think we can do this let me talk to the manager. So when he comes back he says the best we can do is 3,500 down and 400 a mo. I started laughing and then stated you have just wasted my time when I clearly stated what I could do. The manager came over and said I’m sorry but we would be losing money on this deal. I said no problem but why did you waste my time and not just tell me this upfront. He called me a couple days later and said I’m going to keep your file and when we can do something that is possible we will contact you. So 2 months later I get a call from the sales person saying they can work something out. Sorry for the long winded explanation but here is the deal. A 2011 Nissan Maxima 39 Mo lease, 15K miles, It is the model with everything but GPS. They said they can do 359 a mo. and I would only pay first month and DMV fees or w/e, so what do you guys think about this. Should I not trade my lease in early, and if it is okay to do it then does this seem like a reasonable deal. Also, what do you have to pay when you get a lease meaning. Is it just DMV fees, I feel like they are going to try and sneak some bank fee or something which the sales person mentioned. When leased the last car I’m pretty sure it was like 250-300 for the initial stuff. So what exactly should I have to pay? Like fees? Bank fee? DMV? Taxes?

Sorry for my probably, not very clear question but if someone could give me an idea of what they think of this and answer the couple questions I raised.

I really appreciate it, I don’t want to walk into the dealer clueless and get screwed. I would like to go in there and know exactly what I should be stating.

Thank you!
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    This is for the 2011 Maxima with Premium Package?
  • nissanowner15nissanowner15 Member Posts: 2
    Yes
    if $359/mo includes monthly tax, then its a pretty good deal. You'd prolly be spending about $1200 in DMV and acquisition fees and all.

If the 359 does not include sales tax, I think you can negotiate more. check out legendleasing.com, it gives you a bench mark of where you should be at least.

hope it helps
    And the fees should be $595 acq fee, dealer doc fee (no more than $300), first month payment, Registration fee, license plates, tire tax (NJ at least), and that should be it I think.
  • desigatordesigator Member Posts: 9
    Hello Car Man,

I got a price quote of $26,901 (excluding taxes & fees) for a 2012 Maxima S with a Limited Edition Package. Can you tell me how much I should expect to pay for a lease deal with zero down? My credit is pretty decent and in the mid 700 range.

When I contacted the dealer, they wanted me to get the advertised $279/mth deal for 39 months with $2999 down. I am sure they can do better but that's what they said upfront.

Can you please tell me the RV and MF for a 36/39 mth lease with 12,000 miles. Also, what do you and others think, should be a decent payment for this car valued at $26,901 (plus taxes & fees) with zero down? Having this knowledge will help me negotiate a better deal, thanks!
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    36 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00109 Base Rate

Looks like you are at at $360 plus tax plus inception fees with $0 cap cost reduction.
    You're very welcome dbwc. I'm glad that everything worked out well with the TL.

NMAC's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Maxima 3.5S with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shermar76. I'd go with the cheaper deal...just make sure to keep your eyes open so that they don't play any funny business. Especially make sure to double check the capitalized cost and money factor that are being used, though I suppose if your monthly payment and about due at signing are lower it doesn't really matter how the dealer got there.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi coltrane1. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good. Do you happen to know what selling price you are being charged? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. this number will make it much easier for us to evaluate your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • coltrane1coltrane1 Member Posts: 10
    ThxCar Man- I am in final negotiations now. I feel Like I am baited and switched.
    .00063 and 56% but now, for a 2012 Maxima SV with Sport Pkg it is $356/month including all taxes and fees- zero down; I am in Ill so taxes are at 7%.
    BTW, they are trying to tell me taxes are at MSRP not selling price. Is that accurate?

thx
  • ajm7ajm7 Member Posts: 9
    Coltrane1, I am looking to lease the same car as you, 2012 maxima sv with sport pkg. I was quoted 395.00 by a massachusetts dealer on a 2011 with $595 down plus 1st month payment. Obviously this is not going to happen. I contacted legend leasing per a prior poster recommendation and they are trying to locate the car for me, they will then quote a price. Quick question, when you say no money down, do you mean they are waiving the $595 acq fee? Also, $356/month includes taxes at 7%? Thanks and I will let you know how I make out.
    no money down means $0 cap cost reduction. However in the case above, he means no money out of pocket (i believe), this doesn't mean tax title and fees are waived, they are just rolled in the monthly payment.

Although that what many people opt for, one thing to keep in mind is those fees get an interest rate (MF) tagged to them. There are pros and cons to rolling or paying up front, but just to keep something in mind when you decide the deal.

hope it helps
  • jmcaleneyjmcaleney Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2012
    Hi car man! do you know the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV Premium and technolgy pkge with 15,000 miles. They have offer me the following. 41081 msrp, 2500 in rebates and no money down.I live in NJ with a 7% sales tax and they are offering me $500 a month even. Is this a good buy? It look like to me is should be roughly$468 on monthly basis. Is that right? Thanks for you help! Jon
    Car Man After nego with dealers my final lease offer was the follow: no money down 39months 15k miles for $453 a month. MSRP was 41000 and the money factor was .00059 and residual was 54%. I live in Nj with a 7% state tax, Is that a good deal? I tried to use all the info from this site to help me negoiate this. They said the couldn't do anymore but I still think there was another $20 a month there to get. What to you think?
  • ajm7ajm7 Member Posts: 9
    Originally I was looking to lease a 2012 Maxima, just visited an infiniti dealer and changed my mind. I just signed a 39 month, 10k miles per year lease on 2012 g37x sedan with premium pkg, interior accent pkg, performance wheel and tire pkg, splashguards, illuminated kick plates, carpeted trunk mat, net and first aid kit...msrp $43,185. $376.32 per month plus Massachusetts taxes that brings total to 399.84. Cost paid at signing was 700 Acq fee, 1st month of 399.84 and $541 cap cost reduction. Dealership is paying RMV fees and there were zero dealship paperwork fees. Don't know if this will help anyone.
    ajm7 sound like you got a pretty good deal! Your total monthly cost of $442 is comparable to my $453 because I getting 15K miles. I was playing $525 for my last 09 maxima so saving $72 a month make me happy for the same car. I really did liked the infinity but a little to small for me. I'm a big guy. Good luck with your car!!
    Here you go Jon. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is currently only offering a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Maxima in your area. That means that the dealer is offering you a $1,500 dealer discount. If that is indeed the case, then you're probably still at over $2,000 over dealer invoice...which is not a great deal. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to do $1,000 or probably $500 over invoice minus the cash incentives.

Also, if you're not in a hurry, it would be in your best interest to wait until close to President's Day weekend to get your new Maxima. Nissan often offers special, additional cash incentives on the Maxima then.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man here my thinking:

MSRP 41000
    Residual value 54%
    equals 22140

Actual cost 32000 plus pkg of 4600= 36600
    minus rebate 1500
    equals 35100

36600-22140=12960 divided by 39 =332.30

residual value 22140+ cost minus rebates 35100= 57240
    divided by .00059= 33.79

332.30+33.79 =366.07

Plus NJ tax 7% =25.62 + 366.07=391.69. Is that how you would value this deal of 391.69 a month. Thanks for you help! Jon
    According to my calc is 391.71, but yea close enough. You still have to pay inception fees at signing though.
    Yes, jmcaleney, your calculations look correct to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • mr_t0admr_t0ad Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car Man,
    I am new to this forum. I been reading the posts getting ready to lease a Nissan Maxima. I got a quote today for a basic 2012 Maxima S. The MSRP is $33,835.00. 39 Month lease, 12k miles. It is $1,850 up front which includes MVC fees, Bank and Doc Fee, First month payment. The payment is $299 a month including the 7% NJ sales tax. Does this look like a decent deal. I need to go back to see how much of the $1,850 goes to CAP reduction.

I just saw the post for Legend Leasing. Looks like my payment is good, but I could knock $500-$600 off the up front costs.

Thanks for you help
    Welcome mr_t0ad. It always pays to find out what selling price you are being charged for the vehicle that you are interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. Without the selling price, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and we'll tell you what we think.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it in your area into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • y2001y2001 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,
    Do you have information regarding money factor & residual values for both 2011 & 2012 Maxima SV? I am looking for a 39 months, 12,000 miles lease. Thanks for your help.
  • khuzbuzkhuzbuz Member Posts: 55
    I recently leased a 2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5S with Limited Edition Package over the President's Day weekend. I think I got a fairly good deal.

MSRP - $33,695
    Sales Price - $27,936 (After lease rebate of $1,000 and holiday bonus of $500)
    MD Tax - $1,778
    Tags - $272
    Dealer Processing Fee - $199
    Residual Value - 57%
    Money Factor - 0.00104
    Term - 39 months / 15k miles per year
    Out of pocket cash - $1,200
    Monthly Payment - $328
    hey khuzbuz,

Did your out of packet cash include your first month's payment? Or did you have to pay $1200 down plus first month's payment?

Also, I am in MD too. Can you please tell me the name of the dealership? I am also looking to lease 2012 Maxima with the Limited Edition Package.

Your deal sounds good and I wouldn't mind going to the same dealership for a similar deal.

Thanks in advance.
    The $1,200 is total out of pocket to cover 1st month's payment, any other charges that needed to be paid upfront. I assume the tax gets rolled into the life of the lease.

I went to Herb Gordon in Silver Spring. I worked out the deal through email and then showed up for the test drive and to complete the paperwork. I was at the dealership for less than 2 hours.
  • iburrowsiburrows Member Posts: 8
    i'm located in a different state... so this all might be pointless, but from what I can see this "sale price of ~$27,000" doesnt seem to be possible. also, what tax % do you guys in have in MD? according to what I have here (i work at a Nissan Dealer) ~$1,700 in sales tax on this vehicle equals ~13%. again unless stuff is calculated drastically differently between Ohio and MD
  • jordanttjordantt Member Posts: 3
    I recently got a 2012 Premium/Technology car in NY. MSRP 40K the lease payment came out to $375 with $1200 due at signing which included my first month, bank fee, and dmv fee. At first I wasn't sure about it but I called the broker and I got the car. I shopped around and I was getting $390-395... Actually really nice guy, found him on swapalease and he responded quickly to the emails and I was really shocked at the process.
  • iburrowsiburrows Member Posts: 8
    for march in my region (OH) money factor is .00087 on any MAXIMA S. You didn't get a "fairly good deal": you got an insane deal. your sale price is $500 below dealer holdback! well done, they must have been desperate! tip: look out for Nissan Lease Loyalty in Feb. or Aug. 3 years from now... nissan will waive your remaining payments, waive $500 wear and tear, and also give you an extra lease loyalty rebate (right now it's an extra $1,000)
    Thanks for that info. I also emailed the same dealership and they quoted me a similar deal. So this is good to know that they are offering a comparabale deal. I had visited a couple more dealerships here in the greater Baltimore area and their Internet prices were only good on the Internet. When I visited them, their typical story was "oh that includes all rebates/incentives and not everyone qualifies for all rebates."

So basically the price they showed online was about $2000 less than what they were actually selling the car for. I read Herb Gordon's reviews on dealer rater and emailed them. They actually surprised me and made an offer via email and it was very close to the internet price.

Thanks again for the info, when I'm ready to buy I also plan to visit Herb Gordon.
    The sales tax in MD is 6%. Also 13% of 27,000 is 3,500 not 1,700. Don't know how you got 1,700 as 13%.
    Thanks for the heads up iburrows! That lease loyalty rebate is a significant amount! Hopefully, Nissan will come out with another great car within the next 3 years for me to stick with the brand.

I must admit I got a pretty good deal. I forgot to mention that I still owed 6 months of lease payments on my Acura that I traded in. The value Herb Gordon offered me, combined with the lease sales tax credit, made it a wash!
    I sure do y2001. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a base 2012 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00003 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • commanderjoncommanderjon Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I'm looking at leasing a 2012 Nissan Maxima SV with cold and monitor pkgs.

I'd like to know if this is a great lease deal. I've never leased before so any suggestions/feedback would be welcome. Is there anything I'm missing or need to know?

Thanks in advance!

$2000 down and $339/month
    Lease term: 39 months
    Purchase Price used for lease calculation: $31169
    Addt'l fees: Tax $1972.08, Tags $272, Processing Fee $199
    MF: .00041 and residual 55%
  • alcapalcap Member Posts: 82
    Would anyone be able to set my expectation on what amount a dealer may offer me on trade in of 2011 Maxima SV Premium and Technology Package with about 10,000 miles on it. I currently lease it through NMCA and pay only 389.03 per month with 27 months to go and my buy out is 32,000. But my family is expanding and I am running out of room with the Maxima and need an SUV asap...But I know these dealer are going to try to rip me off. I did an appraisal through Edmonds and it came close to 30,000. I really don't know how close that is. If anyone has any advise or insight please respond by the way I am in Northern NJ.

Thanks!
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    edited March 2012
    Put it on swapalease or leasetrader or both. With $2,000 incentive some one will gladly take your lease over. I cannot imagine any dealer offering you more than $30K for your car. Another option is to roll the negative equity into your new lease/loan, but try swapalease first.
  • alcapalcap Member Posts: 82
    LOL! I wish a dealer would come close to 30 even 28 I went to a few dealers and they were in 23/25 range to me that is a joke. I looked into swaplease and they told me my car would go in a day ay that price but NMAC will still leave me on the lease, and I am not to comfortable being a joint with a stranger. If a dealer would give me 28,000 I would be happy I would eat the 4 grand pay 2 grand and roll 2 grand negative into the lease.

Thanks for the info

Alex
  • hoyterone1hoyterone1 Member Posts: 2
    Want to lease the sv maxima price about 40k need 15k miles 39 months have one lease payment remaining 469, want to put down 1500 what should I expect to pay in south Florida
    Just leased a maxima sv with prem & tech package with nothing down for 435 a month here in NJ I started neogiating at 525 a month and still think you can get. closer to 400 Good luck
  • td_inctd_inc Member Posts: 55
    Hi jmcaleney,

Was the $435 a sign and drive number, all out of pocket rolled in? Can you tell me where/what dealer? I may pick up a Maxima this or next month.

Really appreciate it! :shades:
This discussion has been closed.