Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

1212223242527»

Comments

• nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88
    hi everyone, my 2010 maxima has 6 months left and I got a letter from the dealer that they are offering me 2995.99 to buy out my old lease and get me into a new car

Does anyone have any experience with nissan early termination that is sponsored by the dealership ? Does it benefit me to hand in my maxima earlier and get into a new lease?

Are there any "gotchas" with this ?

Thanks in advance
  • Following up to see if I can get the December numbers.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi antd21. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this car in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the lease cash minus the bonus cash AND minus the $500 holiday bonus cash that according to my crystal ball Nissan will introduce on this model later this week.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi richmusch. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • What are the specific numbers in Columbus Ohio on the lease, lease cash, bonus cash. I would like to know exactly what I should be expecting.
  • ecash5ecash5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, it is now Jan 2013 and I am looking to lease the Nissan Maxima SV 2012 with Premium Package and Navigation Package. How do the residual value and money factor change now that it is 2013 for 15K miles, 39 month lease. The MSRP is $41,650. What does the True Market Value look like again now that it is 2013? Thanks!!
    Hi ecash5. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus any available cash incentives, which vary by region.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

Can you tell me what the lease incentives are for Columbus, OH.
    Hi richmusch. This car's lease money factors and residual values vary by term and trim level. If you tell me exactly how long you want to lease for and exactly which car you want I can provide you with those numbers.

In your area there is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of most 2013 Maxima models, though this allowance is higher on select trim levels.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking at 2012 and 2013 SV's for 12k miles.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Hi Rich. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the 2012 version of this car are .00003 and 52%.

Don't forget about the cash incentives that are available on leases of this car. They vary depending upon how you want it equipped.

Car_man
    Host
  • cargirl_01cargirl_01 Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I stumbled across this post after I've come to the realization that I think I got a bad deal. Looking for a straight answer.
    Leased a 2012 Maxima Sport package in CA - it has the navigation, back up camera, etc. 39 month lease at 15k/year. I put $400 down, 850 credit score. Comes with 12 month free maintenance from the dealership. Payment of $510/mo. Reading all the other posts (wishing I would have done that first) and coming down from the "New Car" smell.. I think I got a bad deal... Someone???
  • easyrider08easyrider08 Member Posts: 10
    Always ZERO down on a lease. I Absolutely love the Maxima but would never give $510per mo to lease unless I had a driver. If you can afford it and love the car no sweat. Otherwise, they got you.
  • cargirl_01cargirl_01 Member Posts: 3
    Thought so. Ugh - makes me so mad. They saw me coming, I'm sure - said upfront I could pay $400-500. Did no research on this car prior - was shopping for other makes/models first. I do LOVE the car but could think of PLENTY of other ways to spend the extra funds. My fault. Lesson learned. Thank you for your prompt response.
  • mdspinnermdspinner Member Posts: 14
    Carman, can you update 2012 and 2013 sv, 12,000 miles for february. Also, what cash is out there, I know they announced a loyalty program this week. New York/NE region.

Thanks
    Here you go mdspinner. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Maxima SV Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00003 and 54%.

Yes, the new Spring loyalty program is out there. It provides $1,000 to current Nissan lessees who lease a new one.

There's another $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the SV Base model on top of that (the cash is higher on different trim levels).

Car_man
    Host
  • nickdetomasonickdetomaso Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car_man,

First off - thank you for all of the valuable information you provide.

Can you provide the MF and residual percentage of a 2013 SV Premium with Tech based on 36 months and 12K/year? I am located in NY.

Also, can you advise as to what the loyalty cash is for this trim level?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!
  • carzcarz Member Posts: 26
    Hi Car man.

I am looking to re-up (lease 39 mon) with a 2013 Maxima with Sport Pkg, floor mats and mud flaps. The sticker is $39,990. I have 5 months left on my 2013 SV lease. I understand the Nissan pull a head program is in place (waives 3 month off the lease) with a $1000 loyalty incentive. I also read someplace there is also an $1800 incentive against the lease for Max with sport pkg.
    I was quoted in Feb a lease price of $339.00 (tax incl) plus 1st month payment if I pay off 3 off my 6 payments. I do not have any other numbers to share on how the dealer arrived at that monthly payment. I decided to take a chance and wait a little longer till I have 3 payments left.
    Can you tell what the lease rates are right now?
    Correction to my post #1351, I have a 2010 SV not a 2013 SV.
    You're very welcome nickdetomaso. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The trim level description of the cash incentives that are available on leases of this car are a tad confusing, but it looks like there's $1,750 on leases of it for all customers. Plus another $250 for St. Patrick's Day weekend in your area. Plus $1,000 for returning NMAC lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    You certainly have done your research, carz. The 3 month pull-ahead and the loyalty cash that you mentioned are correct. I believe that the $1,800 that you mentioned is actually $1,750, but close enough ;).

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Maxima SV Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • happi028happi028 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    I have a 2010 base model SV,, put 2000 down to cover taxes, fees etc(should have not paid 0.00), it was my first lease so maybe they took advantage,, my question how much should I be paying for a 2013 sv with navigation,,,I really don't understand the whole residuel thing,so just need a number average when I go in to negotiate,,Ty,,live in NYC and pay currently 382.00 way too much in my opinion
  • rcmercerrcmercer Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your help with these questions.

Currently lease a 2011 S with cold and monitor; I am getting close to my miles with still 12 mos to go; I am considering turning this car in for a new Maxima lease.

If Nissan is offering $4000 in incentives/cash back on 2012 models, does this apply to both sales and leases, or only on sales? My dealer claims the $4k only applies to sales, and the lease is $2K. True?

What are the money factors and residual values for April 2013?

Do I calculate the res value based on the sticker, or the discounted price (see below)?

If a dealer is willing to part with a 2012 SV for $34K (they said this discount from $41K included all incentives etc), will they or Nissan MAC lease the car on this basis? The numbers I am getting on a lease don't compute, even when I account for the 9 payments still owed (Nissan will forgive 3 payments).

Thanks again.
    Hey carz,,did u go back? And if so was that 339.00 a month for the sport package accurate?, I'm paying 383.00 for a 2010 base model (2000 down)and I have to turn it in soon,,it was my first lease so I feel I was taken advantage of,,this time I'm trying to do some research before going in. Ty
    Hi happi028. If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact Maxima that you are interested in I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you. You can find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rcmercer. Unfortunately, the $4,000 only applies to cash purchases. There is only $1,000 available on leases of this car...plus another $1,000 since you are a current lessee for a total of two grand.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

It's getting pretty late in the model year to lease a 2012 model. You definitely should take a look at the 2013 Maxima as well. There might not be much of a difference between the payment for a '13 and a '12 at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    That $339.00 as it turns out was a mistake on the dealers part. So needless to say I did not get that price. I had 6 payments left on my car and the pull a head program came out. It is still in effect till April 30, 2013. That means that Nissan will wipout 3 payments and throw in $1000 incentive towards a new Nissan lease. The dealer re-did the lease and ended up at $355.00 (includes tax) plus the usual 1st month, DMV, taxes down ($1000-1200) The dealer would not payoff the 3 reamining lease payments so I assume that was in the $355.00 The car was the SV Sport, floor mats and splash guards (sticker $39,990). I have a feeling if you wait till July (July 4th sales)you may see some really good deals out there.

The story has an interesting turn of events. I actually ended up with a Infiniti G37X with premium pkg, floor mats, trunk mat, lighted kick plates, and 1st aid kit. The lease is 39 months for less money $344.00 p/m $1360.00 which includes all the usual fees, taxes etc (sticker $43,000). The Infiniti dealer actually bought the car from Nssan. I just got payoff letter in the mail.
  • After months if haggling I got the following:

SV Sport - Silver
    MSRP - $39,735
    Selling Price - $34,600
    Rebates - $1000
    Money Factor - .00024
    Out of pocket - $500
    Payment - $354/month
    12k miles per year at 39 months

Couldn't be happier!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    MSRP $38,880
    Selling Price $32,187

3 years, 36,000 miles.
    $0 cap reduction.

What should the monthly payments and fees be in California?
  • faberafabera Member Posts: 6
    You giot jacked with a capital J. I leased a Maxima SV with cold and monitor package, MSRP $39450, final selling $34200. $500 down $285 per month
  • galantegalante Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    hey i got burned on my first lease also, can you let me know what these numbers should be?
    2013 Nissan Maxima SV Premium Tech, and navigation selling price ($31,500) tier 1 credit 10k miles a year based on what you said money .00024? factor? residual? 54%?
    what should 24month and 36 monmth lease payments be? really need to know this thank you so much i apreciate it. oh im paying taxes up front out of pocket
    Is this accurate?? Did u really get this deal,, really good if u did,,I'm about to trade my maxima up so need some info before going to negotiate
    Hey carz,, lil help please,,I'm about to go in and negotiate,, I see a sticker price of 39,260,,, I'm in area code 11355 what should I be paying for a 24 month or 36 ,,Ty
    Hi happi028. Nissan is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area. If I was in the market for a 2013 Maxima right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus this incentive. You can find this car's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • syrsyr Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know if the restyled Maxima coming out in 2014 or 2015? Thanks.
    edited July 2013
    Carman ,so I'm getting the same price from 2 Nissan dealers near my location 11355 on the maxima 2013 with premium tech package, 500-700 down and 379 a month.. I'm pressing for 349, you think I have any chance? Ty in advance
    At the time I was shopping I was looking for a SV with sport package. The cars with floor mats and splash guards came out to $39,990. Interesting development from Nissan, they reduced the price of the car (Maximas) so now the sticker is about $37,500!!! There is also a $2350.00 lease incentive for that version (w/o nav) and if you are getting out of a Nissan into another you can get another $1000 loyalty incentive. So my guess is you can get the SV Sport for around $340.00 maybe less, plus first payment, taxes included.
  • nojalopy1nojalopy1 Member Posts: 14
    I currently lease a 2010 Maxima SV, lease expires end of November. Here's their latest offer by mail:

1. Waive up to 3 months payments on existing lease
    2. $1500 Lease Loyalty Cash Back
    3. Up to $500 in wear-and-use charges

What's not clear to me is what other incentives are currently offered. For example, is the $3050 tech package rebate still valid on top of the above? Other cash back offers?

Thanks.
  • nojalopy1nojalopy1 Member Posts: 14
    Please share latest lease money rates/residuals, incentives for Maximas, changing 8/5.

Looking at a 2013 SV Premium. 36 or 39 months, 15,000 mi/year.

Thanks!
  • laxsoxlaxsox Member Posts: 13
    Hi! Is anyone familiar with the going lease rates for a 2013 Maxima SV Sport in Java Metallic or Metallic Slate in Suffolk County, NY? I'm a current leasee of a 2010 Maxima that matures in about 30 days and I'd like to, ideally, lease a new Maxima ASAP! What is the best money rate, selling $, residual, incentives, etc. with $0 down, taxes and fees rolled in, for a 36 or 39 month lease with 12,000 miles? I appreciate your help in advance!
  • maxima1011maxima1011 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased '13 maxima sport w/ tech package. White with black interior. 39mo/12k - came out to $890 out of pocket and $365/mo.
  • laxsoxlaxsox Member Posts: 13
    Just leased a 2013 Nissan Maxima SV Premium with Tech Package (plus splash guards and mats) in Navy with Black interior. Here's what I got:

MSRP: $39,260 (Includes 790 Destination)
    Selling Price: $33,434.64
    Rebates & Incentives: $4,925
    39 Months and 12k mileage allowance/year.
    Residual: $20,807.80
    Monthly: $369.87

No Money Down, Sign & Drive. At acceptance, I paid first month and DMV fees (~166.00). Thoughts on the deal?
  • jason7613jason7613 Member Posts: 16
    Can I ask where you went for this deal? Also how do you know what rebates are being offered?
  • rachitbrachitb Member Posts: 2
    Thanks kyfdx!

Dealers seem to be trying to push the remainder of their '13 inventory.

Can you provide the same numbers for '13 models?

(ie 36/10k - sv premium and sv sport)

Btw I'm surprised that the Sport carried a higher residual for the 2014's. I thought usually it's the other way around.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734

@rachitb said:
    Thanks kyfdx!

Dealers seem to be trying to push the remainder of their '13 inventory.

Can you provide the same numbers for '13 models?

(ie 36/10k - sv premium and sv sport)

Btw I'm surprised that the Sport carried a higher residual for the 2014's. I thought usually it's the other way around.

2013 Maxima SV (Sport or Premium) 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00003 MF and 55% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please visit the 2014 Nissan Maxima Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

This discussion has been closed.