Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    Signed on the dotted line tonight to replace my 2006 G35x. Picked up the S with standard options (mats, etc). DMV and doc fee was the only money out of pocket. 39mo/10k year came out to be $365/month (all taxes, first month payment, etc rolled in). NJ sales tax is 7%.

Can anyone make me feel good and tell me that I got a good deal :-) ?
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    Yes.

I leased one in November and was 2999 out of pocket plus 339 a month 12k per year 39 months. You did very well. I expect it to get a little better by August or so... but if you enjoy the car as much as I do mine, that won't matter.
    Dealer finance guy showed me on his computer that they "lost" approximately $396 on the deal. What happened behind the scenes (leasers and purchasers take note) they finances through Hann Financial and were able to use the $1275 rebate (they had me sign it over to them). If the deal was done with NMAC they would not have been able to apply the rebate and they would have given me a worse rate.
    see my post below # 363
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    My question is whether there is any way to know what the money factor/residual % will be for May

Only if you are a physic.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,146
    Or a psychic! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carbuyer56carbuyer56 Member Posts: 4
    Got the following deal offered in Tampa FL

2009 SV with bluetooth, mats

MSRP 34,205
    Sales 33,300
    Down 1,299
    Residual 57%
    MF .00142
    39 months 12K miles
    Payment $395 pre tax

Not too keen on the down over 1st payment but might be applying to TTL etc. What is the current Dealer Cost (profit) on these leases?

I have been working with the on-line lease calculators and a similar excel spread but can't seem to get back to their pmt. I had to back into Cap cost to match their pmt vs quote price. Would indicate they are adding something but not disclosing.

Have been working with them several days and this seems like their bottom. Residual seems like a good deal vs. others lately for other brands <50% on Honda Pilot.

Leaning toward sitting still till next month (Memorial Day Specials) to see if it gets better. Also looking at Pilot for best "value" Can't believe it will get worse.

Any thoughts?

Thx
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    I can't comment on MF's and residuals but if you are only getting about $900 off of sticker price, that seems steep to me. I posted this in the "2009 Nissan Maxima" thread a few days ago:

For comparisons sake, I occasionally look at a few dealers in the southeast and mid-atlantic for online pricing. dobbsdirect.com, teamdirect.com, Brown's Sterling Nissan, fitzmall.com, nissanofforestcity.com, antwerpennissan.com, etc. I don't think I have seen anything as low as 26.8 with the options you want.

The discounts offered are quite a bit bigger than $900. Do some inventory searches on some of those sites and see what you think.

I was down in Augusta, Ga about a month ago and they had some "sale tags" hanging from the rear view mirrors: Maximas with MSRPs of 36k for 31-32k. FWIW.

Maybe you are posting a sales price that includes (a lot of) Florida taxes????
  • zooch76zooch76 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone,

I almost bought an 09 Maxima SV tonight on a whim (went in for an Xterra but the lease rates were insane so I looked @ the Maxima). I REALLY liked it but decided to wait a bit so I could do some research. Can someone please tell me if the below deal they offered is good?

MSRP: $35,300
    Down: $2999
    Monthly Pmt: $542 (incl. tax)
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: 0.00250

My credit is Tier 2 and I live in Southern California.

If the above deal isn't good, does anyone have any suggestions as to what is a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, Sam. Here's the latest info for you. NMAC's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00108 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00108 and 55%. I'm not sure if NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does, its 10k residuals are likely 1% higher than its 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi twright02. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Maxima S with 12,000 miles per year are .00108 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jps1010. Unfortunately, the customer cash incentive that you referred to cannot be combined with Nissan's special lease program. Having said this, Nissan is running a behind the scenes dealer stairstep program this month that I am sure dealers will be anxious to hit. Basically this program provides dealers who hit their sales targets with at least $1,000 dealer cash per unit. As you can imagine there's a lot of incentive for dealers to try to hit their number. As a result, I suspect that dealers will be very aggressive with their Maxima pricing in May.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Korey. Here's the information that you're looking for. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 150,000 miles per year are .00108 and 55%, respectively.

Unfortunately, the customer cash incentive that you referred to cannot be combined with Nissan's special lease program. Having said this, Nissan is running a behind the scenes dealer stairstep program this month that I am sure dealers will be anxious to hit. Basically this program provides dealers who hit their sales targets with at least $1,000 dealer cash per unit. As you can imagine there's a lot of incentive for dealers to try to hit their number. As a result, I suspect that dealers will be very aggressive with their Maxima pricing in May.

These programs are scheduled to run through June 1st. It is difficult to say what Nissan's June program will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi carbuyer56. I completely agree with traindriver. You definitely should be able to do better than a $900 dealer discount on a 2009 Maxima right now. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and see what happens. You can look up the invoice price of the exact car that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zooch76. You never mentioned this car's selling price. The selling price is one of the most important numbers to find out when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what it is and either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • cinci5313cinci5313 Member Posts: 19
    Car_Man, or anyone else:

Looking at an 09 Maxima SV with prem+tech, splash guards, spoiler, floor mats with charcoal interior and black exterior (kind of rare here in the Midwest). I&#146;m working with the sales manager and here were his numbers:

MSRP: $39,600
    Sale Price: $37,200
    Down: $3000
    Monthly Pmt: $426 (incl. tax)
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: 0.00108

The sales manager said he is getting the car at $36,000 and only making $1,200 because of the options and colors on the car. Is this true and do you think I can push him down further on the sales price? I was at least shooting for additional $600 off to $36,600, which is what Edmunds TMV has for my area (Cincinnati).

Thanks for the help!!
  • an414666an414666 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased the Maxima SV w/ Premium package + Premium Tech package.
    The car came with a spoiler, floor mats and slash guards. Although I would have preferred to get the standard model and build from there you don't have that option.
    MSRP: $39,600.00
    Bought for $32,995 which included the $1250.00 rebate.
    I also purchased the extended warranty. For those who may not know, Nissan's extended warrany comes with a money back gaurrantee that means if you don't ever use it, you get your money back. Its also transferable if you sell the car.
    List price for the 6yr. 75K mile bumper to bumper warranty is $1750.00
    I got it for $1449.00.
  • mhupp2mhupp2 Member Posts: 2
    I would like to hear from people regarding whether I'm getting a good deal on this offer:
    2009 Maxima SV (Mystic Jade and Charcoal) w/Cold Pkg., splash guards and mats
    MSRP: $34,300
    Negotiated price: $30,956 ($475 under invoice)
    55% residual; money factor of .00108
    In addition, they have offered to take another $150 off the price to help cover my last payment on my current Maxima lease. This should pay my payment (39 months, 12,000 miles/yr.) at around $410/mo. (nothing down, TTL included) The only issue I have is whether I should wait until June to see if the deals get any better. What do you all think?
  • rc064rc064 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am close to leasing a 2009 Maxima SV with a MSRP of $37,355. The dealer(new Jersey) is somewhere around $420 a month with 1500 down and an allowance of 15,000 miles.

I want it for $400 a month, am I being unreasonable?

Thanks
  • njshorewillnjshorewill Member Posts: 17
    $420 a month for an SV Sport of Premium WITH Technology, and only $1,500 down?!? How long of a term?

I'm paying $435 for my SV Sport - no Nav, 39 months, 18K miles. I put down $4,700. Got it in January.

What dealer are you working with? Got mine in Red Bank, and that was squeezing every dime out of them and them some (they are good people tho'..Got my '05 Maxima at Pine Belt..NIGHTMARE would never deal with them again!)

The money factor was .0028, I know it around .0018 now, but it wouldn't make that much of a difference. Sound too good to be true. If the $420 includes tax @ 39 months, I'd grab it!
  • krom12krom12 Member Posts: 2
    09 Maxima S Dealer initial offer: (Ohio)

39 month
    Net Cap Cost $29,500
    Residual 56%
    MF .00108
    $382/month w/taxes
    Only first payment down

Is this good? I am goin to make an offer on Net Cap Cost of around $29,000 which should bring the payment down to $367/month w/tax. Is that reasonable?
    Its for 39 Months
    KROM12- What is the sticker or MSRP on the car?
  • krom12krom12 Member Posts: 2
    The MSRP is $30,335

The Residual value in dollars quoted to me was $17,474
  • b0ywondab0ywonda Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a good deal to me. If you dont mind can u let me know dealer. Im located in staten island and in the market for sv maxima premium.
    Pulled the plug today and love the car.

The lease was $418 including taxes, 1500 down (included first month) the car's sticker was $37,355.

Winter white with tan leather interior!

For the guy that asked- Hilltop Nissan in NJ
  • todaotodao Member Posts: 7
    I'm just about to sign for the SV with premium and premium tech packages and splash guards. Selling price is $34,570.

Doing a 39 month lease
    $2K down
    12K miles/yr
    $417/month

I'm very happy; great looking car.
    WOW!

I wish I knew how you pulled that off! Altho' I think the rebate is higher, and money factor is 1/2 of what it was in January.

Now I'm going to be thinking that maybe I COULD have gotten a better deal, but I did enough research to know I couldn't, and the lease was up on my '05 Maxima & they wouldn't negotiate on the buyout, or I would have kept it. I say my new one is the first time ever that I dion't want a new car!

I wished they offered a tech package that didn't have the Nav System. I really wished my car had rear sensors and/or monitor (I can't park this one for a hill of beans), plus on the '05 you do thingslike reset the headlight delay, the key remote, etc. Can't do that unless you get the Tech Pkg.

How long of a term & how many miles per year?

I'm @ 39 Months & 18K per year (which is in my pmt....too bad all I've driven in 4 months is 2,500 miles!
    Come to the East Coast....EVERYTHING has Black interiors, and mostly all you see on the lots are Charcoal, Precision Gray or Black on Black - especially in the SV, Sport.

I really think I would have liked Navy with Frost (altho' Mystic Jade kinda sings to me now), but I had to go with Black and Frost. every time I get a Black Car (this is my 3rd), I remember why I usually went for a different color - it's ALWAYS Dirty!

My '05 was Bronze, no matter how dirty is was (except for road salt) it just looked a shade darker!
    39 months and 15000 miles per year.
  • realhawkerrealhawker Member Posts: 30
    finished up my deal, about $10 higher (since rebate was not for lease) than i was shooting for in earlier posts.

429 a month, SV, prem, tech
    just fees at closing
    12k a year.

PM me if you want dealer contact info.
  • b0ywondab0ywonda Member Posts: 4
    realhawk congrats. im interectsed in dealer contact info. just not sure how to PM. also curious what the closing fees looked like.
    your help is appreciated.
  • dwayne1376dwayne1376 Member Posts: 4
    SV w/ sports Package
    $36,759
    $0 down
    $466 per month for 39 months
    12,000k per year

Tynan's Nissan Aurora, Colorado
  • todaotodao Member Posts: 7
    Finalized the deal. Now a new driver of:

SV 3.5
    premium and premium tech
    splash guards, trunk organizer and first aid

39 months/12K per year
    $2K down
    $413/month

I can't believe what a dream it is to drive.
  • caraddict2caraddict2 Member Posts: 24
    Ok here's the basic deal.....

Maxima SV
    MSRP $ 36,500.00
    Lease payment $447.00 per month
    includes TT&R all fees
    15,000 miles per year.
    $600.00 down

I am new to leasing and don't know specifics of money factors ect. What do you guys think? Is this a good deal? Any advice or help would be get, I know some of you guys are great at this.... Thanks in advance Jerry
    caraddict2,

The MSRP is fine to know, but the important number is what you are paying for the car; the agreed upon selling price. That number and the money factor (.00108 or 2.59%) are the two most important numbers to know when figuring out if you have a good deal or not. A dealer can work to get you to whatever monthly lease payment you want. So, a monthly payment amount isn't necessarily indicative of a good deal.

To get the interest rate on a lease you need to multiply the money factor by 24. You should be able to get at least close to invoice price on your SV, if not below it. So, let us know the selling price and we can go from there.
    Cinci thanks....

here are the details

MSRP $35,400
    sale price $33,00
    money factor .00108
    lease payment 428.77
    39 month lease
    end of lease buy out approx $19000
    out of pocket down $334 for plates doc fees, taxes rolled into lease

What do you think?
    No problem.

I would need to know how you have your Maxima configured with accessories (premium, technology, sport, splash, spoiler, etc) to be able to figure out the invoice price and determine if you got a good deal or not, but I think you might be able to squeeze a few more dollars out of your dealer on the sale price. Only getting $2400 off MSRP seems a bit low. I would also use the Edmunds.com TMV (True Market Value) calculator to figure out the invoice price and what others in your area are paying for a similarly configured Maxima.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/nissan/maxima/101028157/prices.html

I'm closing in on a black on black 3.5 SV w/ premium+technology, spoiler, splash, floor mats for $36k on an MSRP of $39,600, which is just about $30 over invoice.
    Invoice
    National Base Price
    A note about advertising fees
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change - -
    Optional Equipment
    U03 Sport Technology Package
    L92 Floor Mats/Trunk Mat $
    B94 Splash Guards
    K92 Trunk Sub-Floor Organizer
    Color Adjustment - - $0
    Not Sure
    Destination Charge $720 $720 $720

MSRP INVOICE
    Total with Options $36,330 $33,151 $33,515
    Incentives & Rebates -$1,250
    Customer Cash Adjusted True Market Value $32,265
    can the Incentives & Rebates -$1,250 be used toward a lease?
    Unfortunately no, the rebate cannot be used on a lease. Only on a purchase when financing is done outside of Nissan Financing.
    That's a little different than the previous set of numbers. The price went up by about $1k. However, with the Sport Technology Package you also have to add the Sport Package as well.

I would say that if you could get at least $3,600 off the MSRP or below invoice then you will be doing fine. At that point, getting to your needed monthly payment is determined by how much you want to put down. Of note: be careful putting too much money down on a lease. If something were to happen and the car gets totaled then you are out the money you put down and have no car.
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    Hi all,

Looks like the mf on the Maxima lease is .00108 - does anyone have the residual %s for a 12k mile per year lease?

Also, do residuals vary by package, i.e., lower % with sport package, etc?

Thanks!

I drove a base model this morning and liked it - quite a bit. Seems like a solid car, with plenty of standard items for the money.
    It's 55% for a 39 month, 12k/yr lease. I believe it is the same residual value no matter the model/packages included on the Maxima.
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the info. I guess the special is the 39 month lease, vs 36. Always a bummer for warranty and registration purposes, I guess. I'll have to look up the duration of warranty.

By the way, a base model in my area (N.CA) is going for about $7k below MSRP, inc. the $1250, which I know is only available for purchase transactions.

Does that sound like good pricing? I'm assuming I can get below $299 per month, including tax, and without paying the $2999.00.
    I don't know what the residuals are, but the Sport Package has a MUCH stiffer ride than the base model (WAY stiffer than my '05 SE). Be sure to compare rides before you sign on the dotted line.
  • tedr5tedr5 Member Posts: 4
    I'll post my deal for those of you still shopping:

Maxima SV w/premium, splash guards and mats

39 mos./ 12K

MF .00108 / Residual 55%

MSRP: $37,355
    Selling Price / Capital Cost: $32,622
    Payment: $367.08
    Payment w/ Pa. sales tax: $400.12

Out of pocket: Acquisition, 1st month & DMV
  • smilemakersmilemaker Member Posts: 1
    Since this site was a big help in my negotiating I wanted to post the numbers for the deal I made yesterday, Hopefully it will help anyone else shopping around. I live in south Florida and made the deal locally. I'm happy cause the numbers match Edmunds market value. I'm coming out of an Infiniti M35 which I loved but numbers were too high.

Maxima SV Premium (splash guards and mats included)
    39 mths/ 12,000 miles-year
    MF= .00108
    residual= 55%

MSRP= $37,380
    cap cost= $32,900
    OOP total= $735 (includes 1st mth + registration costs)
    Monthly payment = $475 includes FL tax
  • gargamellgargamell Member Posts: 2
    i just picked a 2009 sv with premium package with technology package. has everything but a spoiler. 2500 bucks total out of pocket thats including taxes 1st month payment and dmw and my payments are 376 for 39 months
  • goudaygouday Member Posts: 10
    What dealership in PA did you make this lease deal with?
This discussion has been closed.