Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• mich2006mich2006 Member Posts: 20
    Yes, I think so. I checked with several dealerships in the area and these were the numbers i was getting.
  • marc63082marc63082 Member Posts: 18
    Here is the best deal I was quoted on a 2009 Maxima 3.5SV, no packages no options. This is for 39 months with 12K milage per year.
    MSRP: $32,860
    Dest: $720
    Cost: $33,580
    Selling Price: $29,885

Monthly Pmt: $389 including tax (NYS Tax is 8.375%)
    Down Pmt: $550 (1st montly DMV fees, etc)
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor: ???? never told me?

I think this is a good deal. However, am I missing fees? Dealer fees? disposition fees? how much wear an tear can I put on car when returned? (damage allowance)

Please Advise
  • marc63082marc63082 Member Posts: 18
    Mich your price and residual does nto add up, based on 54% residual your pre tax payment should be about $335.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, derfson. Congrats on getting your new Max. After you take delivery, make sure to stop back and let us know your thoughts on the dealer that you got it from over in the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, berkbeas. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 52%, respectively. The options that this car is equipped with do not have any impact upon its lease program. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dae928. Please see my previous post for the 39 month numbers. This car's 36 month, 12k numbers are .00076 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • berkbeasberkbeas Member Posts: 2
    Thank you SO much - great information!
  • looking4maximalooking4maxima Member Posts: 5
    Car_man, do you know the numbers for the 2009 SV? are they the same as the S?
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    Carman,

Thank you so much for the information.
    You're very welcome, berkbeas. I'm glad that you found it so helpful.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings to the appropriately named looking4maxima. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem dae928.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman, thanks so much for the info, in an earlier post you had the residual at 52 for $15K miles? I just wanted to confirm if it was 52 or 53%
    Also, do Nissan leases have an acquisition fee? If so how much is it?
  • jtmaximajtmaxima Member Posts: 3
    I want to first start off by saying that this Website/Blog has just been absolutely amazing. I have gained so much information from this and everyone who has taken the time to put down information and for those who responded with their expertise.

Now I am on the verge...possibly today of purchasing an 09 Maxima SV Fully stocked....premium everything , also had them throw in the chrome wheels and tinted windows in the back. Here are my numbers and want to know what others think.

MSRP 39200
    Selling Price 30500
    MF .00076
    Residual 54%
    Down Nothing (trading in for $2500)
    15000K per/year
    39 months
    Payment $470

This feels like a good deal and I dont feel like going around to a bunch of other dealers to find out. any help any of you are willing to give it would be appreciated
    MSRP 39200 SV Premium Package Premium Technology
    Selling Price 30500
    MF .00076
    Residual 54%
    Down Nothing
    15000K per/year
    39 months
    OTD Payment $450 (includes tax, title, license, registration taxes)
    The Monthly payment includes chrome package installed by dealer...includes chrome wheels and additional chrome on the door.
  • b0ywondab0ywonda Member Posts: 4
    nice deal. area and dealer if possible?
    I just leased my 09 Maxima Premium Package Premium Technology from Courtesy in Moline IL. I went in feeling good about the payment and now getting home I am not sure.

Here are the basics and I would really like someone to let me know if I should be bending over. I have been reading this forum for months and felt confident in the $450 monthly payment. I thought I understood all of the numbers before I went in and they as we all know they manipulate the numbers how ever they need to but I think I like my monthly payment.

I have a $450 month payment
    Car has premium everything dark slate charcoal interior (navigation,cold package all included)
    I also got chrome wheels and the back windows tinted
    I traded in my 99 Jeep grand Cherokee that I didnt think it was worth more than 2000 and they gave me 2875.
    They showed me invoice and it said $36600 for what that is worth.
    I guess now that I am home buyers remorse sets in a little bit.
    I paid nothing out the door and 1st month was covered.
    According to edmunds it seems as though I got a decent deal but would really like to what you experts out there think.
    He said that I got 52% residual with MF of .00076 and he told me that they have to turn in to Nissan the right residual and MF or else paperwork gets returned. Is that really true...that does not seem true to me.

Well that is enough for now...Hope to hear from someone soon.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    I think you did a great deal. Here in Chicago I'm hearing higher numbers..495 per month
  • abstraktabstrakt Member Posts: 5
    3.5 SV Premium Package + Tech Package + Spoiler + Mats + Splash Guards
    MSRP: $39,600
    Selling Price: $35,???
    Due at signing: (NY Tax + 1st month + DMV)
    12k miles/year
    39 months
    Monthly PMT: $389.00

Not sure of the residual and MF, but I think many have mentioned it in this thread for a 39 month 12k lease.

I tend to second guess myself after a deal, haha...so I appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 198
    I noticed a lot of people on here are looking at 39 month leases when the basic warranty is only 36 months. That means that if anything happens during the last 3 months of the lease that's not covered by the drive train warranty (which is 5 years/60K miles), then you'll have to pay for it. Even if you try to turn the car in without fixing it, they will probably find out that something isn't working during the pre lease return inspection and then bill you for it. I know that the chances of something happening to the car during the last 3 months of the lease are small but it's worth thinking about.

Here's a link to the warranty info for the Maxima SV.
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/nissan/maxima/101028157/standardwarranties.html
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You could have the same issue if you get a 36 month 15k lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    That invoice they showed you is about as reliable as an invoice I would show you. There is the "invoice" that they show you and then there is the real invoice that they don't show you.
    And Elvis is alive in Kalamazoo.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    sam k is correct, Nissan for some reason is trying to push 39 month leases on all their vehicles; all of their commercials on TV and the newspaper do this too; toyota and honda advertisements have been for 36 months; I was at a nissan dealer a few weeks ago and they tried to push the 39 month lease on me and I told them no; leasing 101 states you never lease longer than the warranty period for a car so for Nissan, Toyota, and Honda you never want to lease longer than 36 months and when I told that to the Nissan salesman he didn't say anything; 39 month leases are okay if your leasing an Infiniti, Acura, or Lexus since their warranty is 48 months
    Anyone have the August money factor and residual numbers?

I'm interested in either 24 or 36 (39?) months for an SV.

Thanks.
    I saw an ad recently for a Mazda 42 month lease. Unreal.
  • ethandaneethandane Member Posts: 14
    What dealership was this at?
    Wow that is unreal and some people will be suckered into these leases that are longer than the warranty period; got to feel sorry for them!
    You're very welcome, looking4maxima. Let's double check the info. Here's the latest:

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 53%, respectively. The 53 number appears to be correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey looking4maxima. Yes, NMAC charges an acquisition fee of $595 on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this fee at lease signing or have it added to your car's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, ed108. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00076 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Westbury, NY

I wouldn't recommend them just yet though, as they have still not delivered my car. I smell [non-permissible content removed]...
  • sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60
    Hi Car_man and other experts.

How are these numbers for 3.5S for 12k Miles/ year? I am around NY area. Thanks
  • toddh3toddh3 Member Posts: 16
    I heard that Nissan has added a lease termination fee with their leases? If it is true, then does anyone know for how much..is it a standard no. or made up by NMAC based upon the value of the vehicle? Thanks!
    Hi, Just curious if you picked up your car yet...
    It's a disposition fee if you do not purchase the vehicle after the lease ends, and it is $395. Not sure if it's based on the vehicle's value, or if they do it on every model.
    Yes, after waiting for one dealership to shaft me around for 3 weeks, I found other dealerships that had the color and model I wanted in stock, and I went to one of those and walked out with the car the same day...for the same deal I posted to start this thread.
    can you give us any more information on this disposition fee or a link to where it states that because that sounds absolutely absurd; I've returned a Acura and Infiniti lease at the end without buying and they didn't charge a fee for returning it; I mean Infiniti is a division of Nissan and they don't charge a fee (returned a 2005 FX in July 2009) I can't believe Nissan would
    Thanks for the info. I still can't believe that its bad enough that Nissan nickels and dimes you for every nick and dent on the car but on top of that a diposition fee of $395 stinks but I here that all the car companies still leasing are doing it so I have no choice.
    Yes Infiniti charges a $395 lease disposition fee. It started for cars leased this year. The G35 I leased last year doesn't have it, the G37 I leased last month will have it.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Yeah I found it on both the Nissan and Infiniti websites; that disposition fee is absolutely outrageous; I went to the Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura websites and I didn't see a disposition fee listed at the end of lease section on their websites so they must not charge it; I'm currently leasing a 09 TL and it doesn't have a disposition fee listed on the leasing contract; I'm going to look into this because if it is true I won't be leasing a nissan; I'd rather lease a toyota or honda then pay that stupid fee at the end of a lease; why should I be punished if I keep my car cleaned and make my lease payments on time; absolutely outrageous that Nissan and Infiniti is pulling this crap!!! I got to find out if Toyota and Honda financing are pulling this crap too
    Thanks abstrakt. Can you please provide me with the dealership's name? My email id is ansari.mohammed at gmail. Thanks a lot. Appreciate your help.
    I can't believe this with Nissan/Infiniti; I've been looking into leasing a maxima or altima and didn't know about this until I'd read your post on edmunds; thanks so much for the information!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Disposition fees aren't exactly rare.. More banks have them, than not...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You're welcome.

Yeah, a lot of companies are charging these fees now...I don't know much more info on it, but I wasn't going to back out of the deal for this fee.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    I paid a $395 disposition fee for my Volvo. I did however wait 30 days and split it into 2 payments. Not that I can't pay it, but it was easier to absorb.

That fee is waived when you lease again from the same manufacturer and bank.

I just leased a Subaru Legacy and paid $0 at signing. This way, I considered my Volvo disposition fee as the amount I was about to give to Subaru for inception fees.

For peace of mind, also consider putting 1 payment as security deposit (if allowed) to cover for the disposition fee at maturity date. In some instances, the security deposit will also lower the money factor.
    yeah the more I research it the more I see the majority of car financing companies are charging it; the only one right that looks like it still doesn't charge a disposition fee is Honda and Acura financing but that might change within the next year or two; this is just another reason in many why every year that goes by it is harder and harder to lease and get a good deal; it was a lot easier to lease way back in 2004 and 2005 long before the economy took a downturn the way it did last year; plus, dealers are doing what they can not to get 3 or 4 year old used cars back on their lot when these leases expire and the disposition fee is their way to try to get people to either buy the vehicle at the end of the lease or lease a new vehicle from them
    There is hope out there when you negotiate in good faith. Just signed today with a NJ dealer and did it via Edmunds internet dealing

36 mon (not 39!)
    15k per year
    $1500 down($584 cap cost plus $402 monthly plus the doc/regis fees) at
    $402 and change per month inclusive of tax
    Agreed upon value at lease end $31,800 for car listed at $37700.

I know I should know the MF and Residuals but at these figures I think they are standard NMAC nos. and who cares anyway as there is zero chance I would buy out the car at lease end.

I hate that there is a $395 disposition fee and none of the dealers openly disclose it until you sign but what can you do when most of the car companies are adding them and I don't feel like buying a car outright.

This is the first time that a dealer who committed to writing in an e-mail to me their final offer actually did the right thing and honored it without doing the bait and switch deal.
    Agreed upon value at lease end $31,800 for car listed at $37700.

Impossible. You are not going to get an 84% residual on any car for any lease term. You sure you don't mean selling price of the car?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
This discussion has been closed.