Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• procrastinatprocrastinat Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,
    Still searching for a deal. Can you please post the October rates for a 2009 SV, and 2010 S maxima. Would appreciate it. Thanks
    Srry for double post. Saw the 2009 SV rates on the previous page. If you could still post the 2010 Max S(base model) that would be great.
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Once again - thanks to Car_man and the other folks who post on here. I was trying to grab a fully loaded 2009 SV and take advantage of the year end money but no one could locate one in the color combination I wanted. I had pretty much given up when a local dealer called me on October 17th - which was the last day before the extra 'tent money' was going away.

Anyway, I had done a little negotiating with them via email and was able to walk in there and tell them EXACTLY what I wanted - I was going to settle on a different color in a 2009 to get the best deal. Then, I figured, what the heck - I knew where there was a 2010 at another dealership in the exact color combo and specs I wanted. It is a 2010 SV with Premium and Premium Tech packages - MSRP of $39330. I was able to get them to use the $1250 in combined incentive money to go $1250 below invoice, as well as around another $400 below THAT! Adjusted Cap Cost was a tad above $34000. I only paid $1100 at signing (just inceptions) and leased for 39 months/12k miles and the monthly payment is $440/month, including 9% PA Tax!

I pushed for $430/month, they originally wanted close to $450 and around $1400 due at signing ... we agreed on the numbers above. They got the vehicle 2 days later and I picked it up that night! Other dealers wanted $450-470/month on a 2009!

Car_man, this is a little out of character for me, as I usually get good deals on outgoing model years, but this deal was too good to pass up! Thanks again!
  • decentdealdecentdeal Member Posts: 4
    2010 Maxima MSRP $34,250
    Nego Price 31,576
    Rate .00177 Residual .56 for 19,180
    Down pmt. $750 Monthly pmt.$455 including tax
    39 mos at 15,000 miles
  • cbat1cbat1 Member Posts: 13
    What are the options on the car? I am about to do a lease on an SV, but these figures seem high based on my research...
  • toddh3toddh3 Member Posts: 16
    I have to agree that while your lease mileage is high at 15k and your down payment is low at $750 the dealership is making up for it with your large monthly payment at $455 for 39 mons. You should try for 36 mos even though the dealer will tell you that Nissan is not supporting those lease. Everything is negotiable nowadays

Based upon your MSRP you have few options so it does not sound like a great deal to me. Try to set the purchase price at least $1500 below invoice as this car has not been a great mover for Nissan despite the fact that I personally find this car amazing at this price point as long as you're not a car snob.
    The Maxima is an SV with no additional options. The salesman said he would not go $1500 below invoice on a 2010. I'll work on the nego price a little more.
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Pick a new dealer! Did you not see the lease deal a few posts above that I was able to get on a fully loaded 2010 SV Premium?

Even at 15k miles, your MSRP is $5000 less than mine - your payment should be in the high $300 to low $400/month range ...
    Which state are you in?
    I'm in NW Florida. Going to offer $30,576 which should be about $1,000 less than invoice and everything else remains the same. Also they are taking back a 2006 Maurano S with 3 pyts left on the lease and 2500 miles over at no charges but the Maurano is in excellent shape and a win win for them. If they don't take the deal I'm on to another dealer. I'm only working with the Maxima because the dealer says he can deal better on the Maxima than a Maurano right now. Any suggestions on dealers in NW Fla or South Alabama?
    Hi Car Man:

Can you please post the November residuals and money factors for the 2010 Nissan Maxima SV for 36 and 39 months at 12K and 10K miles per year. Thanks for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, procrastinat. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima S with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 59%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new Max, djdez. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cbat1. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00177 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00177 and 57%.

I don't believe that NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does, its residuals for them are probably 1% higher than the ones that I provided you with.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man,
    Thank you very much for posting the rates. Can you help me out and let me know if I am getting my math correct?(with rates you posted as of Nov 2nd)">link title
    The dealer said if I was to buy the base model it would be $27,500(selling price)
    41% of (27,500)=$11,275
    Money Factor 2400*.00177=4.248%*(11,275)=$482.57
    Tax in NYS (11,275+482.57)*8.875%=$1,043.48
    Total=$12,801.05 + $200 DMV (approximate)=$13,001.05
    $2,500 down payment (13,001.05-2,500)/36 months =$291.69 a month

Am I calculating correctly or is there something I am leaving out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • mulannymulanny Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am in the process of leasing a maxima sv with the cold pkg. they are asking for 2000.00 down total out of pocket with monthly payment being 369 for 36 mos w12k per yr. Is this a good deal? Are there any other questions i need to ask i really wanted it with premium package and do not see any programs right now for incentives or rebates any help u can give me would be great. I live in ny.
  • kitty223kitty223 Member Posts: 2
    Please help me Car Man & experts...

Does this seem right? I'm looking to take delivery this week & appreciate your help!

2010 Maxima 3.5 SV
    Remote starter
    Cold package
    Floor mats
    Splash guards

St of CT (sales tax = 6%)
    selling price of $32,319
    money factor of .00122
    residual of $19057.50
    39 month lease
    15,000 a year...
    with 1st month and dmv down ($645)= $426 a month
    with nothing down= $443.96 a month
  • leaserjoleaserjo Member Posts: 3
    Any Change to these numbers in November?

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00081 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00081 and 52%.
  • leaserjoleaserjo Member Posts: 3
    Does no reply mean you don't know or can't find out?

The dealer tried to tell me the money factor is .0024. I said there is no way a 2009 is .0026 and he said "well, if you know what it is, what is it?" He said the 2010 has a better money factor. I would really like to know this because I am escalating this to the sales manager. I have not given up on the deal, but can't understand why he was trying so hard to push me toward a 2010. I have him where I want him on price. We're over $2000 below invoice.

Please help.
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    My husband came home with a 2010 maxima with sport package. We had called around and I think we got a pretty good deal.

39month
    1000 down - includes first month, registration, etc
    ate our last 500 payment on our murano
    no turn in fee
    398 tax included

what do you think?
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    the amount down and your monthly payment is not to bad but why do people let Nissan sucker you into 39 month leases???? you never lease longer than the warranty period for a car!! you never want to lease longer than 36 months on a Nissan, Toyota, or Honda

not only is it bad to be out of the warranty for 3 months on a vehicle you don't even own, God for bid something happens, but you pay registration for 4 years; even on a 39 month lease, 9 of those months you won't even have the vehicle that you paid registration for!

and yes, I know Nissan claims that their 39 month leases give the best price but its all a bunch of BS; they tried to pull the same thing on my 2010 Maxima lease but I told them no, and then when I gave my reasoning for having the 36 month lease and Nissan's warranty being 36 month and the extra registration I'd be paying for that I wouldn't be using, the salesman didn't know what to say!
  • purplestar13purplestar13 Member Posts: 1
    I JUST GOT A QUOTE OF $390 FOR 39 MONTHS. 15K $1000 DOWN. 2010 MAXIMA SV WITH COLD PACKAGE. MSRP 34250. RESIDUAL BUYOUT $18837. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL? I LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS.
    You're welcome, procrastinat. Your calculations are actually a little off. Here's an article that describes how to calculate lease payments, Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The main problem that I see with your calculations is that vehicle's residual values should bee multiplied by their full MSRPs including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized, not their selling prices.

I would be happy to work up a payment on this car for you if you provide me with its MSRP (you already mentioned the selling price).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mulanny. I find that the easiest way to evaluate whether a lease is a good deal is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Find out what this car's selling price and full MSRP are and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello kitty223 (get it, hahahaha...sorry I know that it was bad but I have to find some way to amuse myself ;) ).

The money factor that you were quoted to lease the Maxima that you are interested in is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for this model. That is always a good thing.

The other important variable that I always look at when evaluating a lease is the vehicle's selling price. I tried to configure a similar car to see what its MSRP is, but I can't seem to find the remote starter option's pricing. Let me know what this car's exact MSRP is and I will tell you what I think of the selling price that you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, leaserjo, Nissan's lease program for the 2009 Maxima has indeed changed this month. It appears as though Nissan is not providing support on leases of the '09 Maxima any longer. As a result, if you were to lease one through NMAC, you would have to use its standard lease money factor of .00290. That's the bad news. The good news is that at least this factor is compatible with the customer cash that Nissan is providing on the '09 Maxima right now.

If you really want to lease a Max at this point, you probably would be better off going with a 2010 model. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00122 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ndmaximab4decndmaximab4dec Member Posts: 3
    I am in Mass. also and seeking a lease on a 2010 SV w/sport tech pkg. I sold Nissans for a year during college and have inside knowledge of the workings of a dealership. Remember, the most important number in a lease is the final sale price from the dealer to the leasing company, so don't allow the salesman to get you stuck on the monthly payment. First of all, never put money down on a lease, as it is(unless specifically designated in the contract) profit to the dealer, who then manipulates the selling price to the leasing company to allow them to pocket the cash. The only money down should be for the security deposit/acq. fee/registration. The document fee, regardless of how many times the dealer insists it is not disallow-able, will be waived if you threaten to walk. Secondly, never fall for "sign and drive", because it is a pressure tactic which disallows time for you or your financial adviser/attorney to peruse the contract.
    2010 Maxima SV Sport Tech Pkg $390/mo 0 down 36months 15k/year
  • bclawnlgbclawnlg Member Posts: 23
    Carman --

Trying to figure out whether I got a decent deal. Given that payments on similarly priced vehicles are all over the board, I've lost my perspective.

2010 Nissan Maxima SV - with just monitor package, splash guards and mats.
    MSRP on vehicle was $34,950 (including destination charge)

Dealer paid off the 2 months left on my existing lease for total of $900.

I put a total of $1,000 out of pocket (inclusive of first month's payment, title, etc.)

Payment is $342 a month plus sales tax (6%) equaling $363 a month for 39 months @ 12k miles per year.
  • clif3clif3 Member Posts: 10
    Please clarify - did you get a lease for a 2010 SV Sport Tech Package for $390/month, $0 down for 36 months and 15k/year, or is that the deal you are looking for?

If you got that deal, it is awsome. What did you pay for the car? Based on my calcuations, it would need to be around $2000 below invoice (which would put it at around $350 below the dealer's actual cost). This assumes MF=0.00122 and residual of 58%.

Please let me know what you paid for the car and your lease numbers. Thanks.
    Finalized the deal late night, November 30th...on the last day of the month, sales managers agree to all demands(within reason) just to move as many units as possible.
    2010 Nissan Maxima SV Prem pkg, Rear Spoiler, Splash guards, Floor&Trunk mats.
    MSRP $37,850 -incentives of $1,750($750 lease loyalty, $1,000 dealer incentive)
    0 down / 39 month lease / 15k miles per year / Final Cap Cost $32,045
    $346 per month / $367 per month incl. sales tax MA 6.25%
    Out the door for $1,216 = $595 acquisition fee(no getting around that one), $367 first month payment, TTL $154, $100 doc. fee

Residual Value of 58%= $21,953
    Money Factor= .00122 (min. credit score of 740)

I realize I paid the doc. fee after advising one should never pay this fee. The dealers printed doc. fee on all forms was $444, as these fees are uncapped in Massachusetts. We had negotiated a final price of 32345, but the doc. fee was not to be waived. Talked them down to $32,045 and agreed to the $100, not bad.
    BTW, this was his original "As low as I can go" offer
    MSRP: $37,600
    Cap Cost:$33,120 (includes $750 Nissan Rebate and $500 owner loyalty)

Base on current lease programs, you would pay $412+tax for 39 months 15,000 mile per year with approved credit. Upfront fees required include: $595 Acq Fee, $444 doc fee, registration and sticker. Sorry, we don't waive the doc fee. You can transfer the plates from the Murano to the Maxima.
  • szn1szn1 Member Posts: 12
    Def Possible:

Fitzmall has a maxima SV w/ Premium Tech for 33,393, MSRP: 39700, Invoice 36074, this includes destination.

Using the MF / Res you provided, you are talking 356/Month not including taxes of course.

Not bad.
  • tyshooter1tyshooter1 Member Posts: 5
    Ok so i went to nissan today to lease a 2010 nissan maxima heres what bs deal i was offered

$37,480 MSRP
    $4,680 off
    $32,800 Sell price
    $1000 down
    443 per month 39 months

And
    $34,250
    $5,122 off
    $29,128 Sell price
    $1000 down
    385 month for 38months

http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/ I used this calculator and came out with way lower monthly payments am i doing somthing wrong?

btw i saw there residual was .56
    money factor was .00122
    7% TAX

all i want is a fully loaded maxima 39000 msrp for 400 month for 39 months 1000 down is it possiable with that money factor and residual??? or am i asking for too much
  • geddylee1geddylee1 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for that same deal.
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    u are getting ripped off! is that base? or 3.5sv? also what state are you in? let me know maybe i can help you out....
    i am in ny but went to a nj dealer
    the maxima with the
    MSRP of $37,480 is the sv premium with bs floormats
    MSRP $34,250 is standard sv with no options
    lol when i find it ill let you know
  • matz2324matz2324 Member Posts: 3
    I have been quoted 425+tx and $1k down for a Maxima Sport Package, 15k per year and 39 month lease. Any suggestions to get them to drop the price down. South Florida location.

Thanks
    Car man:

Can you provide me with the December money factor and residual for a 2010 Maxima SV Sport with Tech Package? 36 months, 12,000 miles per year.

Also, there is currently a rebate pf $1,250 on this car - would it apply to the lease?

I am in Florida if that matters.

Thanks!
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    1250 is for returning costumers... for example on maxima their is a rebate of 750 and if you are a retuning one its +500 which =1250.00, let me know if you want to lease one, i might be able to help you out....
    I plan on leasing "something" by the end of December. I am looking for a good deal.

Last month, Nissan threw in an extra $1000 around Thanksgiving. Maybe a similar deal around the holidays.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I am also planning to lease one at the end of December. How can you help me out?
    I was just quoted 417 plus tax for 39 month 15k lease. I really want to be under 400 with tax, is this possible. Anything I should be doing to talk the dealer down?, just read a review also, not sure the car is worth all the money they are asking but I still want it.http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/14/2010-nissan-maxima-sv-sport-review/
  • talctalc Member Posts: 11
    tyshooter:

I ran across your post, ran the numbers you provided and this is what I've discovered: THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF!!!

I am so shocked by what they are trying to do you (as well as many other cumstors), I literally just signed up with this forum moments ago.

Based on what you are providing, this is how it actually breaks down:

The $4,680 off the MSRP - tells you that the dealership is agreeing to a Selling Price (CAP Cost) of $32,800.

The $1000 down - ask them if it reduces the CAP Cost. If it does, your Net (Adjusted) CAP Cost would be $31,800 (which is what you should use to determine your base monthly payments). If not, the $1000 down represents your 1st Month payment, Title, Doc Fees, and possibly Security Deposit upfront. ASK THEM!

As for the remaining numbers: In order to get you to $443/month (including a 7% tax rate) with a 56% Residual Value over 39 months, your Money Factor would be .00207 (4.97% Interest Rate) - and not the .00122 you quoted.

If you were to use these same numbers with the .00122 Money Factor (2.93% Interest Rate), your monthly payments should be $394.27.

Keep in mind: these numbers do NOT include the $1000 down against the CAP Cost.

Good Luck tyshooter! And don't let them take you for a ride!
    matz:

Can you provide the following information? I may be able to help you.

MSRP
    Selling Price (what you agreed to pay for the vehicle)
    Residual Value
    Money Factor
    Your Local State Tax

- TALC
    MSRP
    Selling Price (what you agreed to pay for the vehicle)
    Residual Value (either % percent or $ value)
    Local State Tax Rate
    Number of Months (Term) you plan to lease
    Money Factor

From here, you can adjust your monthly payments by reducing the CAP Cost (Selling Price), negotiating a better Money Factor, or improving the Residual Value by adjusting your annual miles allotment (10K, 12K, 15K).

Leases can save you hundreds on a car payment (if done correctly), or can cost you hundreds (if you're not prepared).

Good luck and don't let them take you for a ride!
    TALC

MSRP 37120
    Selling Price 33759
    Residual 20460
    Money Factor .00122
    State Tax is 6%

Thanks for your help, I truly appreciate it.
    matz:

Based on your numbers, and assuming we are not adjusting the CAP Cost (Selling Price) with a down payment and your lease term is 39 months, here is what your payments should be:

39 month lease: $431.58/month (includes taxes)
    - Monthly Base: $341.00
    - Monthly Finance Charges: $66.15
    - Monthly Taxes (at 6%): $24.43

Your Drive-off (the amount you would pay upfront) would include the following:

1st month's payment
    Title Fee (which is for the tags)
    Doc Fee (administrative cost to process the lease)
    Security Deposit (typically around $500 but is not always applied)

If the lease requires an Acquisition Fee (which I call a "Dealership Charge"), and that fee is included in the lease, you would need to add it to your CAP Cost. If you can, and the dealership allows for it, pay it upfront (at closing in your Drive-off) so you are not paying taxes and finance charges on it every month for the term of the lease.

Now let's say you were to put $1000 down against the CAP Cost (Selling Price). Here are those numbers:

Monthly Payments: $403.11/month (incudes taxes)
    - Monthly Base: $315.36
    - Monthly Finance Charges: $64.93
    - Monthly Taxes (at 6%): $22.82

Drive-off in this case would include $1060.
    - $1000 for the down payment
    - $60 for taxes (at 6%) on that down payment

So as you can see, $1000 down against the CAP Cost will save you $28.47/month - which is a total of $1110.33 for the term of the lease (39 months). Which means, $1000 down upfront will actually save you $110.33 ($1110.33 - $1000).

Hope this helps.

- TALC
    yeah there insane i went to another dealer now this is what i got

37500 msrp premium with spoiler
    32820 (sell price )
    1000 down (added to cap cost)also add 595 acq fee
    $389 a month
    39 months

the only thing is i dont want to put down $1000 down cause i know the dealer just pockets that for themeselves

The question is should i tell them to knock off another $1000 off the msrp?
    Hi bclawnlg. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to look at the selling price that you were charged for your Maxima. Do you know what that number is? Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.